Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My new hi-fi upgrade is finally done. Moving from of a high-end consumer/professional system and onto the first rung proper of audiophile.

Copland CSA 8 amplifier
    Clearaudio Concept turntable
    Clearaudio nano phono stage
    Elac 197 speakers
    Monster cable
    van den hul The Name interconnect

The speakers take up to 200 hours to warm up but it already sounds amazing.

Should satisfy me for the next decade or so i hope.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      Ah, Arsenal fans starting to think they are genuinely in with a chance. Good times.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
        Mrs Bows out for the evening. Watching the golf in peace. Struggling after yesterday's exploits.
        I hear that. Somehow got persuaded to bring the kids on a Moone Boy tour to Boyle tomorrow. What that might entail is unclear.
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
          I hear that. Somehow got persuaded to bring the kids on a Moone Boy tour to Boyle tomorrow. What that might entail is unclear.
          Lived there as a youngfella, not a lot to it. Happy enough to have escaped
          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
            Lived there as a youngfella, not a lot to it. Happy enough to have escaped
            Excellent. Where do I go for the authentic experience? Never read book or watched the programme.

Comment

Excellent. Where do I go for the authentic experience? Never read book or watched the programme.
              Skip the town and explore lough key if the weather is good imo. Www.Zipit.ie if kids are old enough.

Otherwise haven't a clue I never seen it either.
              airport, lol

Comment

Is that a thing? Jesus...last series is dreadful too.

Comment

Streaming gaa games from outside Ireland: GAA Go(rte.ie) - €10 for a league game or €160 for a season pass. Seem bloody steep to me.

Comment

Majorca is a fairly charmless place. Cold called the michelin place Ole recommended but they were full for the night. I guess walk-ins in starred places are rare. Food on the whole was brutal. Joel Robuchon in Monaco next Saturday night....pretty excited bout dat.

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                      Streaming gaa games from outside Ireland: GAA Go(rte.ie) - €10 for a league game or €160 for a season pass. Seem bloody steep to me.
                      Cheap considering who is behind it.

Comment

In the cinema to see Liam Neeson. (Y)
                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          Is that a thing? Jesus...last series is dreadful too.
                          I don't know. 8 y/o read the book and demanded to be taken there while we're in the Wesht. A good way to spend Mothers Day (i.e. removing the kids from maternal vicinity)

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post
                            My new hi-fi upgrade is finally done. Moving from of a high-end consumer/professional system and onto the first rung proper of audiophile.

Copland CSA 8 amplifier
                            Elac 197 speakers
                            Monster cable

Very nice. About every 6 months i start thinking about going that direction and really should given how many records i own but chicken out. Did you get your set up through Cloney or did you source it yourself?

Comment

Have Rasta and Pasta ever met.

This really needs to be organised.

Also where the fuck are the missing ppl

Rasta
                              Pasta
                              Micknail
                              Icky

I miss those cunts.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHiFi View Post

Copland CSA 8 amplifier
                                Elac 197 speakers
                                Monster cable

Some day....

What was the first song you played on it?
                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
                                  Very nice. About every 6 months i start thinking about going that direction and really should given how many records i own but chicken out. Did you get your set up through Cloney or did you source it yourself?
                                  Speakers from HifiHut.ie and the rest from Cloney.

Had been researching the project for about six months, figuring out what was in the market in Ireland both second-hand and new.

Figured out what i could/need to realistically spend then got stuck in.

Took about a month to piece together after a false start late last year and another one a couple of weeks ago when the amp need a repair almost immediately.

I couldn't recommend putting together a good quality separates system enough if you dig sound.

A few hundred quid will get you up and running then its a matter of trading your way up over the years as good hi-fi will depreciate relatively slowly and is always in demand.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                    Have Rasta and Pasta ever met.

This really needs to be organised.

Also where the fuck are the missing ppl

Rasta
                                    Pasta
                                    Micknail
                                    Icky

I miss those cunts.
                                    Sulking because of b
                                    Banned because was too insulting to a
                                    Dunno
                                    Dunno

Comment

Some day....

What was the first song you played on it?
                                      When i first set it up 10 days ago, Kraftwerk - Tour De France (because that's what i tested the amp and turntable with in Cloney Audio).

But i had to send the amp back to get fixed due to an electrical hum so when i got it back today at lunchtime and set it up it was Afrikan Sciences - Two in the Chamber (only because it was the first record to hand).

So far this evening i've had Aphex Twin, Broadcast. Ennio Morricone, John Jenkins & Kenny Burell and plan to continue in that vein long into the night.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Sulking because of b
                                        Banned because was too insulting to a
                                        Really? Was kinda harmless and pretty funny tbh.

Comment

Happy π time folks.
                                          March 14 21:26
                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Really? Was kinda harmless and pretty funny tbh.
                                            Obviously Rasta didn’t agree.

Comment

Joseph Duffy, the last man to beat Conor McGregor, makes his UFC debut tonight. In his 12 wins he has only gone to decision once. Has an unbeaten run in boxing and returned to MMA where he submits and KO's people for fun. Jump on bandwagon no.2 people. His fight will be on anytime from 10.50pm.

He is Irish obv.

Comment

From what I remember it started off pretty funny but became a little nasty and the fact it was kept going for so long started to get far too much. I know you need a thick skin around this place but it did go OTT. fwiw, if you still read here, would be good to see you back posting, as I'm sure most would agree.

Opr

Comment

WI win the toss and will field. Intention clearly is to get UAE out asap and then knock off the runs before any rain might arrive. Chris Gayle left out. Weather in Napier is cloudy and overcast but dry currently

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    WI win the toss and will field. Intention clearly is to get UAE out asap and then knock off the runs before any rain might arrive. Chris Gayle left out. Weather in Napier is cloudy and overcast but dry currently
                                                    Ireland at 3.30am in our money?

Comment

Ireland at 3.30am in our money?
                                                      Yessum

Comment

Funny old game.

A fine export!
                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                          Obviously Rasta didn’t agree.
                                                          If you can't laugh at yourself and take a slagging you've got serious issues.

Dude could not take a slagging.

edit, just read opr's post above, I'm not referring solely to the Pasta account but rather making a general comment, Rasta could never handle the mildest of ribbing.
                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 14-03-15, 21:48.
                                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                            If you can't laugh at yourself and take a slagging you've got serious issues.

Dude could not take a slagging.
                                                            When the same joke is made over and over and over at the expense of the same individual it stars to become bullying rather than slagging imo.

Opr

Comment

Forgot to say met Iago IRL the other day. He's a good egg.
                                                              Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                When the same joke is made over and over and over at the expense of the same individual it stars to become bullying rather than slagging imo.

Opr
                                                                I added an edit after reading your post.
                                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Presume the cricket bandwagon hadn't reached the level of momentum required for there to be somewhere in town showing it tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                    Presume the cricket bandwagon hadn't reached the level of momentum required for there to be somewhere in town showing it tonight?
                                                                    Virtual pub right here Denny! Watching birdman funking rain in Oz. Snooze and then Ireland to do the biz from 3.30.
                                                                    ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by BennyHifi
                                                                      Monster cable
                                                                      You fucking with us right?
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Colm was showing me his pics of life in Qatar. His new Gaff is quite nice!
                                                                        SPOILER

Last edited by SatNav; 14-03-15, 22:32.
                                                                        Her sky-ness
                                                                        © 5starpool

Comment

Well was always unlikely but we ain't gonna get any help from UAE anyway.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Duffy up next

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                  We had a coffee, decaffeinated coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, in a cafe today. Went up to the old guy to pay, he gets out a calculator and spends a good while tapping in a few numbers, then slides it over with it saying €2.20. I obv did the tourist thing of smiling indulgently at him - pointing out the rest of the family - and saying I'd actually like to pay for everything not just my own, old man. Well you know the rest. But first time in ages being so massively shocked by a price difference.

Nice place.

Its the first proper family holiday we've had just by ourselves. All the rest being to Russia to the in-laws, or a day or two in Ireland which doesn't really count. Quite the lovely experience.
                                                                                  How many hours did it take until you googled the nearest strip club?

Comment

We had a coffee, decaffeinated coffee, freshly squeezed orange juice, in a cafe today. Went up to the old guy to pay, he gets out a calculator and spends a good while tapping in a few numbers, then slides it over with it saying €2.20. I obv did the tourist thing of smiling indulgently at him - pointing out the rest of the family - and saying I'd actually like to pay for everything not just my own, old man. Well you know the rest. But first time in ages being so massively shocked by a price difference.

Nice place.

Its the first proper family holiday we've had just by ourselves. All the rest being to Russia to the in-laws, or a day or two in Ireland which doesn't really count. Quite the lovely experience.
                                                                                    Where is it you are Hitch?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Fucking boom.

Why didn't I lump on that after mouthing about it all day.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                            Oh you're all fucking experts now after watching my training videos on optimal insult play.

Comment

...

Comment

What a great fight that was. MMA is class.

Comment

Opr
                                                                                                  I'm still here...

Rasta failed to man up. Nothing nasty in any of the slagging he got imo. He was pretty sensitive.

Comment

...

Comment

Trying to add this as my avatar, but says its the wrong format. Could you post rasta/pasta jpeg? Who knows what jpeg means though
                                                                                                      You want this?

Comment

...Looking to have flowers delivered to someone in Florida tomorrow...would it be possible to have this done on such short notice, and if yeah what site would be best...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                          ...Looking to have flowers delivered to someone in Florida tomorrow...would it be possible to have this done on such short notice, and if yeah what site would be best...
                                                                                                          Same day delivery if you get it in before 2pm over there.

Discover the best gift baskets for your special occasion. Give a unique and memorable moment. Send an impressive gourmet food and wine gift from GiftTree!

Comment

Your a regular bbv hero Chad. Googling stuff for lads who seem to be too stupid to do it for themselves with no complaints.
                                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

First race of the F1 season on at 5am our time if anyone is up watching the cricket and it's all going tits up!

Comment

Your a regular bbv hero Chad. Googling stuff for lads who seem to be too stupid to do it for themselves with no complaints.
                                                                                                                ...completely coincidental that you posted this right after I asked a question I'm sure :-)...

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                  First race of the F1 season on at 5am our time if anyone is up watching the cricket and it's all going tits up!
                                                                                                                  Guaranteed way to fall asleep, turn on F1.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                    ...completely coincidental that you posted this right after I asked a question I'm sure :-)...
                                                                                                                    Unrelated. Chad knows Florida like the back of hand, no google involved.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Same day delivery if you get it in before 2pm over there.

http://www.floridaflorists.com/
                                                                                                                      ...Thanks CHD...

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                        Colm was showing me his pics of life in Qatar. His new Gaff is quite nice!
                                                                                                                        SPOILER

Does he drive that massive earth mover for a living? God, would love to do that for a day, looks like a laugh.

Comment

Honestly couldn't give a fuck who wins GruntFest 15. For close on 20 years I've watched virtually every 5/6 Nations match and looked forward to 3 matches a weekend. This year I've grudgingly watched the Ireland matches and I'm not bothered if I miss next week's.
                                                                                                                          The most entertaining 7 minutes of the 320 Ireland have played were from 50-57 today and that was only because they were losing and that particular 30-phase smash and bash session was played within 10 metres of the Welsh line.
                                                                                                                          I'm well aware that losing interest puts me up there with a front-line deserter in the eyes of some, but as RDIII alluded to a couple of weeks back, the few spare hours I have in the week can be far better spent than watching that rubbish. However impassioned people get about it, sport is just the proverbial circus that the Romans used to go on about, and there are far better circuses in town.
                                                                                                                          Kids eh - lost to us now but I foresee you sticking Jerseys on them for underage games and getting interested again once they are old enough to play

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X