This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
    Kerry district league division 1B need to hire Armani to sort out scheduling. That games played column is distressing to say the least.
    Yeah it's a joke. To be fair to Ardfert they won the GAA Intermediate All Ireland so obviously they were concentrating on that. A lot of it has to do with bad pitches too. We play on an astro pitch at Killarney Celtics top notch facilities so we can get games played. Other teams have A and B teams but only have a small pool of players which makes a B team pointless.

And GAA will always take precedence down here. Especially outside of the Kerry soccer team and the Premier Division which makes it hard to get games played too.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
      Season 4 finale of Breaking Bad
      SPOILER
      seems an absolutely perfect ending to the story, wrapping up just about everything thats been of importance up to now in a satisfying way.
      Is it a good time to stop or is S5 worth watching? I have a sneaky feeling that a further season would be slightly artificial and just creating plots and antagonists for the sake if it.

RIP Gus Fring, one of the coolest TV villians of them all, and kept his tie well knotted even in death.
      You might as well watch it now, just don't bother watching the final episode, stop after watching the episode called ozymandias which is a fitting end. The final episode is all sorts of shit

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Kerry district league division 1B need to hire Armani to sort out scheduling. That games played column is distressing to say the least.
        I was only thinking the other day that you just don't get that in the top leagues anymore, used to be quite the norm to have teams with 5+ games in hand at this stage of the season, and even more in the lower divisions. Now even Div2 in England has everyone played exactly 35 games.

At junior level can be fairly easy to happen without it being any football administrators fault. I remember the first U18s team I played with it and we had Albert College in Glasnevin as our home ground. And we basically struggled to get a home game from November to March because of the new parkie, literally every Friday you'd get the Herald (pre internet) to read the pitch updates and it'd be called off, sometimes the only corpo pitches that'd be off after a seemingly dry balmy week. Other times there'd be no notice but when you got out there Saturday morning he'd be there saying 'sorry lads too much rain overnight, pitches unplayable'. Lazy fucker clearly didn't want the hassle of having to do even the most minor of work on the pitch post game.

So we were always the team with 7 games in hand by April, but it did at least lead to lots of Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday triple headers when the evenings got long, which was fun.

Comment

Where would I get one of these bad boys today. I've exhausted all my options in my local tesco

airport, lol

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Silver for Mark English in the European indoor 800m. In your face Lloyd!

Comment

Comment

Chorizo is so good. Big pot of chorizo and chicken stew for me today.

A fried egg on works on top of everything?
                  airport, lol

Comment

Going to the mothers in laws for steak. Meeting up to go through Cheltenham form with lads later.
                    His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                      The creepiest thing I've ever seen.

You've had a sheltered life
                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Such a dodgy back line
                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Ahem that's Atletico Ardfert. How would your club feel if you had come up with a name that so well reflected your local heritage and people didn't use it properly.
                          Or even Athletico just to be different by adding the h

Comment

Going to give this a go today after a spectacular success with a leek and cheese soup yesterday. Hard to see how it could be anything other than phenomenal.

Boak at the edges on the fried egg. I am very choosy about my friend eggs and extra crisp edges turns me off the feckers.

Comment

Local Texaco which is about 100 yards away from my bedroom window decided to use a mega decibel petrol power washer to hose down it's canopy at 7am this morning, waking the whole fucking neighbourhood up. They were at it until 9am.

My wife was in the spare room last night, I was trying to give her her first unbroken nights sleep in over six months and these pricks ruined it.

If I go over there swinging a six iron will a judge be sympathetic?

Location, Location Location.

I live around the corner and slept like a log (till 6am when the wee mon wanted to be shown to his toybox so he can set landmines for our barefeet)

Comment

@ Cricket folk

Why is an Australia v India final now 50/1 in places, while still 8/1 in others? Are they going to more than likely meet in the SF or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                  @ Cricket folk

Why is an Australia v India final now 50/1 in places, while still 8/1 in others? Are they going to more than likely meet in the SF or something?
                                  Winner of Pool B (India if they beat Ireland & Zimb) is in the same side of the draw as the runner up of Pool A (almost certainly Aus).

Comment

LOL WP Donald Trump,

Rory cast his club into the lake and Trump retrieves it and gives it back to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                      Boak at the edges on the fried egg. I am very choosy about my friend eggs and extra crisp edges turns me off the feckers.
                                      Thou shalt not make eating noises in the Flushdraw household!?.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                                        LOL WP Donald Trump,

Rory cast his club into the lake and Trump retrieves it and gives it back to him.

http://www.pgatour.com/video/2015/03...waPTR1zg0WbaoF
                                        should've slapped him on the back of the head with it and told him not to litter on his golf course.

Comment

Theres a thin case for saying India wouldn't mind losing to Ireland, both for lols in that it would fuck up Pakistan but also that they might prefer the path it would give them.

Win the group and they'll likely have England quarter final and Aus semi final who both owned India recently and would be at home in the conditions. Be runners up and they'd have likely have Sri Linka 1/4 (generally superior to and the ground conditions will favour neither) and New Zealand semi.

Projected likely draw if India win group, swap with South Africa if they get runners up.

New Zealand V Pakistan/Ire/WI.
                                          South Africa v Sri Lanka.

Australia v Pakistan/Ire/WI.
                                          India v England.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post

Projected likely draw if India win group, swap with South Africa if they get runners up.

New Zealand V Pakistan/Ire/WI.
                                            South Africa v Sri Lanka.

Australia v Pakistan/Ire/WI.
                                            India v England.
                                            Bangladesh obv beat Engerland now for omitting them. They've a better chance than we do to qualify.
                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                              Currently arranging to get my Un De Sceaux scarf knitted up for Cheltenham!.
                                              Ready
                                              SPOILER

Comment

Had to put headphones on to drown out that Voice crap. Holy fuck they are brutal.

Comment

Ready
                                                  SPOILER
                                                  Really

Are you trying to start another colour blind meme?
                                                  Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Really

Are you trying to start another colour blind meme?
                                                    Maybe its a bit over exposed on a camera shot but it seems to be the real deal colour wise in real life. That said i think the actual pic isnt far off but they say 1 in 4 is colour blind so maybe im in that 25%

Comment

Comment

Is the scarf blue and black or gold and white?

Comment

Comment

Although I don't do much scarf shopping. Maybe chickens dressed in scarves is just the way its done now.
                                                            The French used to routinely throw a cockerel onto the pitch during rugby games but it seems the practice is largely gone now. So as an ode to the practice i acquired one to remind me of such a simple but brilliant thing.

Comment

Oops
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

How was dinner m8

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  How was dinner m8
                                                                  Pretty good. Plenty in the pot for tomorrow aswell
                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

No way! That's the best looking fried egg I've ever seen, love crispy edges and runny yolk. It's a fine art getting it so perfect.
                                                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Ready
                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                      the photo bombing little chicken on the big chicken's shoulder.

Comment

When you see it you will shit your pants.

Comment

Is that not the tail?

Comment

Think thats his tail feathers!

Comment

Probably his tail m8.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                Is that not the tail?
                                                                                Think thats his tail feathers!
                                                                                Probably his tail m8.
                                                                                Look again.

Dude on TV above tail = little chicken head.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                  Had to put headphones on to drown out that Voice crap. Holy fuck they are brutal.
                                                                                  The Irish one so just so bad. The Voice UK is a far better show and the judges are better too. Ashot as Bressie is I would not be rushing to turn over the TV to watch him!

No way! That's the best looking fried egg I've ever seen, love crispy edges and runny yolk. It's a fine art getting it so perfect.
                                                                                  The yolk didn't look runny in that pic. I hate when the bottom is overcooked. I like my eggs nice and white with the yolks cooked but runny. I can not stand an egg if there is any clear in the white at all. I am the fussiest egg person I know.

I make perfect eggs of course

Comment

I'd say that is his tail.

Comment

...

Comment

I'd say that is his tail.
                                                                                        Thumb guy actually is a giant thumb.

With eyes.

Comment

Rounders fake chicken is giving birth to other fake chickens. This is why we don't keep chickens in the house people.
                                                                                          The egg conversation came first.

Comment

Thumb guy actually is a giant thumb.

With eyes.
                                                                                            Looks like his tail.

Comment

I bought it in a florist fwiw. It was out in front display.

Comment

...

Comment

Have to flip the egg of a few seconds imo
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Finding International Wimmin's Day a tad annoying. Especially on twitter. There are clearly vast swathes of the world where wimmin's rights need to be hugely improved, but it seems to have been adopted here by already successful wimmin arguing they would be more successful if it wasn't for the evil man-system that keeps them down. I just don't buy for a second that this is the case in modern Ireland. Its quite distasteful really.

Also it was primarily femmins campaigners who took away our highly promising Arthur's Day, so think we're allowed to be a bit grumpy towards them.

FTFY

Here's to swimmin with bowlegged wimmin

Comment

Also it was primarily female campaigners who took away our highly promising Arthur's Day, so think we're allowed to be a bit grumpy towards them.
                                                                                                      They are so liberal they would ban everything.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                        Have to flip the egg of a few seconds imo
                                                                                                        Nah, use a soup spoon.

Perfect fried egg (imo): Tablespoon of olive oil into small pan, heated on full blast until almost spitting. Turn heat down to medium, crack egg into small saucer then gently tip into pan. When it turns completely white gently shake the pan so the egg separates from the base and swims in the oil*, it won't re-stick.

Tilt the pan and use a soup spoon to pour hot oil over the yolk, do this regularly but not constant. After about two minutes the edges will crisp up nicely. Lift off with a slotted spatula and tilt the oil off.

Sprinkle a pinch of parsley onto the yolk.

Dip warm buttery toast into that runny yolk and enter heaven.

*Back of a spoon does the trick nicely.

Comment

All this cricket talk has put this song in my head. Must be the greatest song about sport ever.

Made this while trying to learn Adobe Premiere...Apologies for the casual nudity in the cheese roll scene.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Nah, use a soup spoon.

Perfect fried egg (imo): Tablespoon of olive oil into small pan, heated on full blast until almost spitting. Turn heat down to medium, crack egg into small saucer then gently tip into pan. When it turns completely white gently shake the pan so the egg separates from the base and swims in the oil*, it won't re-stick.

Tilt the pan and use a soup spoon to pour hot oil over the yolk, do this regularly but not constant. After about two minutes the edges will crisp up nicely. Lift off with a slotted spatula and tilt the oil off.

Sprinkle a pinch of parsley onto the yolk.

Dip warm buttery toast into that runny yolk and enter heaven.

*Back of a spoon does the trick nicely.
                                                                                                            Doesn't sound nice at all! I would do the spoon hot oil over the top etc but never ever in a month of Sundays make the egg flowery (??) round the edges!

In class if we did that we were forced to make the eggs again!

Comment

That yolk has to be busted and mixed in with the white, be it in the pan or preferably in a cup before.

And well done, a good fried egg should be able to be bounced off a wall.
                                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

D!

As a customer, if i didnt get my egg well done i would force you to do it again also.
                                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                  That yolk has to be busted and mixed in with the white, be it in the pan or preferably in a cup before.

And lose one of the nicest sauces in the world?
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    And lose one of the nicest sauces in the world?
                                                                                                                    egg yolk sauce ? ughhhhh.
                                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post

"I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Just on eggs I thought I would tell a tale of my culinary event class.

Two of us plan a 5 course menu, order all the ingredients and allocate jobs and ensure all runs right on the day. Our soup was

"Mushroom, madeira and thyme soup with a confit egg yolk"

After the event people come and eat the food and make comment cards. One ready about the soup..

"Didn't try the soup due to the raw egg in the middle!"

These were 3rd year culinary students who were told and shown the menu saying that haha.

For those who don't know, the confit egg yolk was cooked at 62 degrees in duck fat before being placed in the centre of the soup.
                                                                                                                        Last edited by MrsFlushdraw; 08-03-15, 22:15.

Comment

Doesn't sound nice at all! I would do the spoon hot oil over the top etc but never ever in a month of Sundays make the egg flowery (??) round the edges!

Believe me, if you tried one of my eggs when done right (difficult to perfect) you would realise how wrong your teachers were.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X