X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    You weren't talking this smart last Friday
    I don't remember much but I'm still pretty sure I was as witty and erudite as always.
    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
          It is an amphetamine but not as close to speed as Ritalin. Ritalin is just speed in slow release form. It fucking works, though.
          speed oh how I adored it . 15 pounds a wrap .

didnt like staring at the ceiling all night though!
          Her sky-ness
          © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
            speed oh how I adored it . 15 pounds a wrap .

didnt like staring at the ceiling all night though!
            Was five sterling where I lived

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
              Was five sterling where I lived
              what year? I am talking about maybe 1994 to 97 ish I think

Es were wicked expensive too ffs 15 quid too!!!
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

I added a spoon of curry to a cup of yogurt then added the yogurt gradually. The whole lot is out in the wheelie bin now , some waste and now im starving ffs
                QUARK
                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                  QUARK
                  is that not cheesy? keep meaning to buy some but dunno what to do with it
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

The Caretaker very good. Well worth a jaunt.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                      Stupid question time:
                      - is the protein in those bars essentially the same as the protein in meat / eggs, or are you missing out on something?
                      Depends on the bar/brand. Some are fine, others are crap.
                      How is she with milk? A whey shake could cover a lot of ground if she could stomach it.
                      Failing that I'd go with quinoa and similar.

Protein is always important, but especially now.

How do ye thicken curry. Spent ages making another chicken curry and used Passata hoping that would do the job. My base is a veg oxo cube with 400 mls of water , presume this is where I am going wrong!

watery as fuck
                      I know its too late now but I'd say the 400mls of water was the culprit here.
                      I never add much water to a curry, I either based in off coconut cream or coconut milk or crushed tomatoes.

The tomato option would be lower calorie. Pataks paste can be quite oily, so if you are trying to be syn free you could improve it my using curry or marsala mix, a drop of oil and sweated onions. (pm if you want a clearer recipe)

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                        How is she with milk? A whey shake could cover a lot of ground if she could stomach it.

I never add much water to a curry, I either based in off coconut cream or coconut milk or crushed tomatoes.

The tomato option would be lower calorie. Pataks paste can be quite oily, so if you are trying to be syn free you could improve it my using curry or marsala mix, a drop of oil and sweated onions. (pm if you want a clearer recipe)
                        did the sweated onions and the crushed tomatoes ( passata) think its deffo the 400 mls water. I am actually turned off curry now
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

The Caretaker very good. Well worth a jaunt.
                          Booked myself a seat for Saturday. Haven't been to a play in about 30 years (literally, a school trip to Stratford for The Scottish Play in 1986). Should I read up about it beforehand, or just enjoy?
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

l lolled

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

iSnow in the hotel trade?

**FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE PEOPLE GIVING OUT ABOUT OUR PRICES ON THE NIGHTS OF 24TH AND 25TH JULY 2015** Dear Guests, We wish to advise that our room...

We wish to advise that our room rates on the nights of 24th and 25th July 2015 are €279 per double room. In case you cannot read numbers, I will write the price in words. Two hundred and seventy nine euro. This time in words and in caps: TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE EURO.

As far as I can see, the cheapest hotel room available in Dublin on these nights is €229, and this hotel is nearer to Achill Island than it is Dublin city. In case you weren't aware, an insanely talented, double Brit award winning singer-songwriter and musician is playing a sold out gig in a stadium under 15 minute’s walk from our hotel on these nights. If you are expecting reduced rates on these nights, you need your head examined more than I do. However, if you are a Herald.ie reader, I don’t blame you for being so ill-advised. It’s not your fault at all.

If you are not happy to pay the going rate on the nights of the concerts, may I suggest you check availability in the following establishments:

St Vincent De Paul Shelters: http://bit.ly/1MUHL7z

Dublin Simon Emergency Accommodation: http://bit.ly/1GxxrOi

Peter McVerry Trust Accommodation Services: http://bit.ly/1ANSiuN

Comment

Comment

Did iSnows sambo shop ever happen?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                        iSnow in the hotel trade?

**FOR THE ATTENTION OF THE PEOPLE GIVING OUT ABOUT OUR PRICES ON THE NIGHTS OF 24TH AND 25TH JULY 2015** Dear Guests, We wish to advise that our room...

We wish to advise that our room rates on the nights of 24th and 25th July 2015 are €279 per double room. In case you cannot read numbers, I will write the price in words. Two hundred and seventy nine euro. This time in words and in caps: TWO HUNDRED AND SEVENTY NINE EURO.

As far as I can see, the cheapest hotel room available in Dublin on these nights is €229, and this hotel is nearer to Achill Island than it is Dublin city. In case you weren't aware, an insanely talented, double Brit award winning singer-songwriter and musician is playing a sold out gig in a stadium under 15 minute’s walk from our hotel on these nights. If you are expecting reduced rates on these nights, you need your head examined more than I do. However, if you are a Herald.ie reader, I don’t blame you for being so ill-advised. It’s not your fault at all.

If you are not happy to pay the going rate on the nights of the concerts, may I suggest you check availability in the following establishments:

St Vincent De Paul Shelters: http://bit.ly/1MUHL7z

Dublin Simon Emergency Accommodation: http://bit.ly/1GxxrOi

Peter McVerry Trust Accommodation Services: http://bit.ly/1ANSiuN

More gold in the comments

Comment

Comment

Bit of a small joy there at having the last cig. Have gone down to two a day this week (from pre-quitting mode of 15-20), so not much hassle for tomorrow onwards as the bond has been firmly broken.

The vaping thing is phenomenal. That irritation at the ineffectiveness of patches is instead accompanied by the full reassurance of vaping.

To some extent its the realisation that vaping is a better nicotine delivery system that makes the initial move so easy.

Obv the challenge is then quitting vaping and the dependence on nicotine, but that's a singular challenge as your only inhaling one thing - nicotine, rather than everything else that comes with cigs.

Have ordered 2 x 50ml 18mg bottles of liquid for the first 1.5 months. Then there's 2 x 12mg also ordered for the next period. Last order will be 2 x 6mg and 2 x 0mg. The latter being just for breaking the habit.

Ezy game.
                                            I had a similar idea and just decided I like vaping with a cup of tea in the evening or a few scoops at the weekend once I hit 12 mg so abandoned my quiting.

Strangely can go a day or 2 without vaping where as I needed to smoke all the time so I may have been more addicted to the tar I guess.

I don't know if I would trust myself on a big weekend away not to buy a pack so happy to have become a part time vapour instead of a full time smoker. Crazy easy once you get over the do I look like a tool on a night out phase. They are also pretty common place now so people don't ask about them anymore either

Comment

did the sweated onions and the crushed tomatoes ( passata) think its deffo the 400 mls water. I am actually turned off curry now
                                              How much tomatoes did you use?
                                              I'd normal have 2 small onions, a 400g or 440g tin of tomatoes and two spoons of my spice mix. No extra water in the curry, but I use some to sweat the onions separately.

Comment

Comment

Okay, cheers for that. So essentially you decided not to fully quit vaping because you knew those moments of weakness on the weekend big night out would have you running out for cigs otherwise. Can definitely feel that, as it has always been the downfall of previous quitting attempts.
                                                  I justify it with that but really I am happy out having a vape and a cup of tea after my dinner and don't want to deny myself a small harmless pleasure.

Comment

Okay, cheers for that. So essentially you decided not to fully quit vaping because you knew those moments of weakness on the weekend big night out would have you running out for cigs otherwise. Can definitely feel that, as it has always been the downfall of previous quitting attempts.
                                                    I quit cold turkey about a year ago, nope of that vaping shit for me. I still smoke when I drink but the other three days of the week not smoking doesn't bother me at all.

Comment

glass of wine in teh 4 seasons 10e, cup of coffee 5e, fuck off.

Cheers Mellor. It was these ones which seem decent enough.

They are lovely. Even spar beside me have healthy vegan protein bars at this stage.

If you add water just reduce it, water is necessary for things like dal but I'd prefer to make a curry without it. A massaman curry with coconut milk etc.
                                                      Mentioned it before but those Fresh stores are genuinely excellent. The bars above being amongst their selection of 50+ types of reasonably healthy bars to choose from at the checkout. Love that theres a decent Irish business like that. Unlike say Dunnes, SuperValu, Spar which premise their strategy on trying to be ever-so-slightly less crap than Tesco. All of whom are surely longterm doomed by the superiority of Aldi/Lidl for the big shop.
                                                      dunnes have the above bars for 63 cent atm.

Bit of a small joy there at having the last cig. Have gone down to two a day this week (from pre-quitting mode of 15-20), so not much hassle for tomorrow onwards as the bond has been firmly broken.

The vaping thing is phenomenal. That irritation at the ineffectiveness of patches is instead accompanied by the full reassurance of vaping.

To some extent its the realisation that vaping is a better nicotine delivery system that makes the initial move so easy.

Obv the challenge is then quitting vaping and the dependence on nicotine, but that's a singular challenge as your only inhaling one thing - nicotine, rather than everything else that comes with cigs.

Have ordered 2 x 50ml 18mg bottles of liquid for the first 1.5 months. Then there's 2 x 12mg also ordered for the next period. Last order will be 2 x 6mg and 2 x 0mg. The latter being just for breaking the habit.

Ezy game.
                                                      Question tonight on ym pat keyy rape quiz, what was oxfords word word of the year. Vape says I, genious says team mates. So thanks BBV for the vape teachings. Of course wanker papers and law firms won again, irish times etc. One of the answers was to name the new editor of the Irish times....he was on their team.

Comment

psv mode/ There's more protein in me sack than there is in those bars. I got the the cashew one in tesco the other day and there's like 4g of protein in it. It's GLUTEN FREE though. Nothing said about the 12g of sugar in it. Tastes like mala as well /psv mode

Comment

they are not a specific protein bar though, there are loads of other ones (odd but tasty choice tbf). and even though they are not they have 18.4g of protein per 100g

Comment

Anything that's not sticks or leaves must taste great to you though m8.

He want's his knocked up missus to get the protein into her. That's still only 6g a bar. You'd need to be eating 20 of the fuckers a day. Just buy a kg of whey of myprotein hitch m8.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

He want's his knocked up missus to get the protein into her. That's still only 6g a bar. You'd need to be eating 20 of the fuckers a day. Just buy a kg of whey of myprotein hitch m8.

Comment

Cheers Mellor. It was these ones[/URL] which seem decent enough.
                                                                Good ingredients in general, but not a huge protein hit.

Most of them appear to have nuts in them. Is that not something she should avoid?
                                                                A friend of mine is pregers atm and wouldn't eat cheese with an almond crust the other day.

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                If you add water just reduce it, water is necessary for things like dal but I'd prefer to make a curry without it. A massaman curry with coconut milk etc.
                                                                There's enough water in the tomatoes imo.
                                                                But yeah reducing it out would have worked, better than making curry flavored bin yogurt.

Comment

Help.

Trying to watch prog online and keeps crashing saying Adobe Flash plug in has crashed, send report.

Never happened before. Logged off, did clean/scan etc no good still crashing.

Use firefox, laptop black and prog was not porn.
                                                                  Last edited by TheDrunkenOne; 27-02-15, 01:20.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

it's not a protein bar, they have 15-20g of protein, she just needs to eat anything with protein in it

Good ingredients in general, but not a huge protein hit.

Most of them appear to have nuts in them. Is that not something she should avoid?
                                                                    A friend of mine is pregers atm and wouldn't eat cheese with an almond crust the other day.

There's enough water in the tomatoes imo.
                                                                    But yeah reducing it out would have worked, better than making curry flavored bin yogurt.

Nah pregnant people have no reason to avoid nuts, that's old hocus pocus, if anything she should avoid certain cheeses. Nuts, specifically peanuts used to be suggested not to eat but that has changed. If anything it seems to be the opposite now.
                                                                    Allergies to nuts increased as pregnant women ate less of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                      Nah pregnant people have no reason to avoid nuts, that's old hocus pocus, if anything she should avoid certain cheeses. Nuts, specifically peanuts used to be suggested not to eat but that has changed. If anything it seems to be the opposite now.
                                                                      Allergies to nuts increased as pregnant women ate less of them.
                                                                      She must of missed the memo.
                                                                      I think she was avoiding nuts, shellfish and non-pasteurized cheese.

Comment

Last ever Parks & Rec was outstanding, a perfect finish to a great show.

It will be missed.
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

AB De Villiers is decent at that cricket lark.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                            AB De Villiers is decent at that cricket lark.
                                                                            Crazy stuff. KOB's fastest WC ton record still intact though. Gayle gonna need to hit another double today

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                Crazy stuff. KOB's fastest WC ton record still intact though. Gayle gonna need to hit another double today
                                                                                As fast as he seemed to get to a ton was it 5 overs later he was 150+? Guessing that was a rarely ever seen masterclass I witnessed? Nevermind WC's, in ODIs I mean.

Comment

As fast as he seemed to get to a ton was it 5 overs later he was 150+? Guessing that was a rarely ever seen masterclass I witnessed? Nevermind WC's, in ODIs I mean.
                                                                                  Fastest ever ODI 150. In the mix was a ridiculous 62 off 14 balls. Its the second highest WC team total, only bettered by India v Bermuda.

Total masterclass. Scarey to think what he could do against our bowling 'attack' on Tuesday. Rain please!

Comment

Do you get many productive well-organised people visiting psychs though? I'm just not sure you do. They could, because they could easily find an open timeslot on their brilliantly organised calendars, but without the chaos of an unorganised life, they tend not to need the assistance.

Makes it sound a far more difficult thing to 'become', sounds more innate, the hallmark of someone who is already grounded and balanced.

So most even keeled individuals who are motivated enough to value, organise and protect their time, who have goals both professional and personal are less likely to want to go to a psych

That being said, there are plenty of busy, 'successful' people who are quite miserable and stressed to fuck and seek out psych time.

Also, I think everyone should go see a psych, I mean, some people may not need to but they are probably fairly few and far between.

Originally posted by hitch
                                                                                    On a less flimsy note; productivity as an ambition gets a bad rep because of the business connotations. It is an innately human ambition that was adopted by businesses, rather than the other way around.

Productivity is really, in the human sense, about giving yourself the opportunity to get what you want out of life, and not being distracted by the irrelevances that you yourself really don't want to be distracted by.
                                                                                    Makes sense, I probably need to figure out in more concrete terms what it is I want and importantly - why I want it (because otherwise why bother trying, and I'll just keep procrastinating) before I attempt to fully get super organised about it. That and a pile of adderall.

It's certainly a process and a journey. I couldn't find strong enough reasons to get out of bed a couple of years ago or for long stretches of my life thus far.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                    Which Yalom book?

Though I have a vague sense you may have told me before.
                                                                                    Love's executioner. My former psyche gifted me his copy, which was nice of him.

Adderal is not available in Europe for exactly this reason.
                                                                                    Adderal badderal? Being 'full of beans' doesn't sound ideal, if it is full of beans and you can't focus on anthing.

Is there no restrictions on teams including brandnames in their names e.g. FC Red Bull Salzburg?

Seems like that could be taken advantage of
                                                                                    Some shit english league team tried to change their name. I think it was Hull, their Chinese owner was keen on Hull Tigers, didn't manage to get it changed. Don't know what he stood to gain financially.

All of the details in the above may be wrong, hopefully one of the knowledgeable footie lads can pitch in with the numerous corrections.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                      Last ever Parks & Rec was outstanding, a perfect finish to a great show.

It will be missed.
                                                                                      I really didn't get the last season, thought it was crap. On the other hand It's Always Sunny has been excellent this year, usually a few but in each ep I teally crack up at

Comment

House of Cards S3 just went up. Time for a free month of Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                          Booked myself a seat for Saturday. Haven't been to a play in about 30 years (literally, a school trip to Stratford for The Scottish Play in 1986). Should I read up about it beforehand, or just enjoy?
                                                                                          Just enjoy. 30 years, I feel pressurised for you to like it now....

Comment

Time for bed. Night men.

Comment

WI getting hammered must be good for us. Ideally we want India and SA to stuff everyone else and be scrapping it out with Pak and WI for the QF spot.

Comment

/facepalm

An elite boys' school in Sydney paid tribute to a teacher dubbed a "notorious molester" with an inscription on its memorial gates that read "he touched us all".

Comment

WI getting hammered must be good for us. Ideally we want India and SA to stuff everyone else and be scrapping it out with Pak and WI for the QF spot.
                                                                                                  5 down already. Still think we will come out worse if it goes to NRR mind. That's still a big if though.

Comment

Six members of one family found shot dead by house maid

Worth the brief read just for the first paragraph.
                                                                                                    What a misleading headline. Did anyone else think that the family were shot dead by the house maid?

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                                                                      How did not one person involved think "Is this inappropriate on any level?"?

Comment

Poor Derek (Indo link apologies)

Comment

What colours do you see this dress as?

Comment

White & Gold.

Blue & Black when screen is tilted.

Comment

Something Grannies wear so probably purple and gold.

Comment

White & Gold.

Blue & Black when screen is tilted.
                                                                                                                Black and blue on the phone
                                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

White and brown

Comment

In case you missed it, this dress has been blowing up the Internet and tearing friendships apart since it was posted on Tumblr yesterday.

The dress is blue.

Tar - do some work and stop surfing the interweb

Comment

...

Comment

Today the world was shocked to discover that different people see different colours
                                                                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Today the world was shocked to discover that different people see different colours
                                                                                                                          I am constantly mistaking purple for something else for some reason.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X