Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    That moment when you win $1m in Pokerstars Spin & Go

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2015/0...&-go-20291.htm
    $5 entry fee ? Nice.
    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
      Ive read this a few times and still dont get it. Were all going to heaven lads?
      Stars new Spin and Win 3 player SNGs - they utterly rape the prizepool (38% rake I think) but pre-start you get a Wheel of Fortune spinny thing which can increase the prizepool by huge multipliers. Though 99.99% of the time it doesn't and 3 of you who paid $1.10 each are just playing for $2.

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
        Excellent, will definitely get involved in that...as soon as I can get there anyway. I have been saying it for a year, but fully commited now, house sale agreed and everything

Probably be Mar/Apr at the earliest because of work commitments and house stuff but definitely well on the path.
        Strong chance I'll be doing the same

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
          Strong chance I'll be doing the same
          Great. Take it you don't want to buy my surround sound system so

Must be nearly time for Maltapokerboards
          Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

You thinking of leaving Malta? Just as I was thinking of going there, what a coincidence...

...yes, a coincidence I'm sure

I'm going next month. Should be enough to persuade you not to go!

Comment

Great. Take it you don't want to buy my surround sound system so

Must be nearly time for Maltapokerboards
              Trying to figure out what to do with my own one! (and all the other speakers too )

Comment

I'm normally interested in surround sound sales fwiw...

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                  Sure just come to Malta instead.

Comment

It's part of a whole heap of household things I'm going to have to shift, everything from glassware to beds and everything in between.

this is the one I have. BOSE 5.1 Surround Sound

Connected into one of these Sony Multi-Channel Receiver

and pushing audio/video to one of these Samsung 40" Full HD LCD

I'm not planning on lugging it or much else with me

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                      I expect an IPB fire sale of IAGO home contents.
                      Northsoidors get first dibs imo
                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

What are your radiators like?

Comment

Love the confused look from the Eastern Europeans in the office as we all gather round the window to gawp at the 3 minutes of 'snow'.

Comment

It's part of a whole heap of household things I'm going to have to shift, everything from glassware to beds and everything in between.

this is the one I have. BOSE 5.1 Surround Sound

Connected into one of these Sony Multi-Channel Receiver

and pushing audio/video to one of these Samsung 40" Full HD LCD

When Shrapnel moved to London he gave me his surround sound for €50. For that matter when bohsman moved to Malta I got his office chair and PC monitor for like €20.

Time to step up IMO.
                            Last edited by Keane; 13-01-15, 16:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Northsoidors get first dibs imo
                              No way - everyone should get a look in

Comment

When Shrapnel moved to London he gave me his surround sound for €50. For that matter when bohsman moved to Malta I got his office chair and PC monitor for like €20.

Time to step up IMO.
                                Yeah, but I need to fund a retirement

Comment

Better than a fire sale, hold a sports day with prizes. Egg and spoon race, three legged race, throw the welly comp. Imagine the memories!

Comment

Unreal scenes at the Ally Pally
                                    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Even though I'm sure this was the work of some local moron I think it may have genuinely accelerated a growing desire to leave the country. I can't be dealing with getting blown up at work.
                                      There were a few gun and security related incidents that made me think, wtf am I doing here? It does make you feel insecure in your workplace when your day starts by passing through a gate guarded by machine gun toting pimple faced security forces with mirrors on long sticks checking underneath your vehicle.

TBF though, most bomb scares are false alarms and I think I would be more worried if I was in a city that would cause a bigger impact of media panic reporting on a worldwide scale.

Comment

I could do with a good 5.1 system, but Bose... really? <shudder>
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post

In all seriousness though, I've had no complaints with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                            I created a bomb scare in Charle de Gaulle aged 12 which closed a terminal.
                                            Deets.

Comment

Envious. Think I'm gonna need half a container just for my electronic equipment.
                                              Last edited by Denny Crane; 13-01-15, 17:01.

Comment

Is there something wrong with Bose or is it just general hipster hate the popular company sort of craic?
                                                airport, lol

Comment

@JamFly or someone who follows Sunday league football. What is the name of the player who plays for Tralee Dynamos now but used to play for Galway United? I was at a game on Sunday. Killarney Celtic v Dynamos and he looked two steps ahead of everyone. And Celtic wouldn't exactly be bad at that level.

Also, Atletico Ardfert (lol) have a player banned for 2 years after assaulting the ref on Sunday in a Div 1B game. Can't wait to play that team.

Comment

we are we all going around to Iago's gaff and start kicking tyres and pretending to buy stuff?
                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                      @JamFly or someone who follows Sunday league football. What is the name of the player who plays for Tralee Dynamos now but used to play for Galway United? I was at a game on Sunday. Killarney Celtic v Dynamos and he looked two steps ahead of everyone. And Celtic wouldn't exactly be bad at that level.

Also, Atletico Ardfert (lol) have a player banned for 2 years after assaulting the ref on Sunday in a Div 1B game. Can't wait to play that team.
                                                      Is there any chance it wasn't a Wallace?

Comment

Is there any chance it wasn't a Wallace?
                                                        I honestly have no idea. None of the lads I was with knew his name and it's just kind of annoying me now cos we all knew who he was. You could spot him straight away anyway. Always seemed to have time on the ball. Would just like to put a name to him.

Comment

I see SS2 is turning into a cricket station for the WC next month.

Are we in that & if so a quick dummies guide to it? (RD / Kev???)

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                            You are right. I did only get the message about the boobies after I asked the initial question so I obv get it now. I get why she is annoyed. I dont get why she didnt approach me and get it solved instantly... instead bitching to all and sundry.

If I had stayed I am pretty sure she would have snapped even more. See aforementioned blaming of me for relationship waning.
                                                            I know, that's so unlike women.

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                            That moment when you win $1m in Pokerstars Spin & Go

http://www.pokernews.com/news/2015/0...&-go-20291.htm
                                                            I'm not sure I could handle the pain of actually getting lucky enough to qualify for the $1mil prize pool and then not win the 3 handed SNG.

I'm not sure tbh, what position is he? I'll check with one of the UL lads that plays for Dynamos.
                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

He was playing CM. Wearing number 10 iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                  Photoshopped?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Top 4 Qualify from each pool

Pool A

England
                                                                    Australia
                                                                    Sri Lanka
                                                                    Bangladesh
                                                                    New Zealand
                                                                    Afghanistan
                                                                    Scotland

Pool B

South Africa
                                                                    India
                                                                    Pakistan
                                                                    West Indies
                                                                    Zimbabwe
                                                                    Ireland
                                                                    United Arab Emirates

===

Ireland are 500/1 to win the tournament - Joint 10th favourite
                                                                    Ireland are 150/1 to win pool - Joint 5th favourite of 7 in pool
                                                                    Ireland stage of elimination: Group stage 1/12 | Quarters 6/1 (no point in looking further!)

Comment

He was playing CM. Wearing number 10 iirc.
                                                                      Derek O'Brien? Missed a peno apparently?
                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                                        Photoshopped?
                                                                        I dunno tbh, saw it on FB. I'm sure some photoshop experts will be able to tell if it's been altered.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                          No way - everyone should get a look in
                                                                          You can't even find Parnell Square! GTFO

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post

Yes, we are in it (bumped into a brother of the O'Briens the other day and they are training away in Dubai). We have no hope of winning the thing but a glorious defeat of one of the big teams (per what we did to England last time) is a live possibility.

Although stupid Antipodeans living on the wrong side of the world kinda ruins tbe whole thing for viewing purposes.

Comment

Yes, we are in it (bumped into a brother of the O'Briens the other day and they are training away in Dubai). We have no hope of winning the thing but a glorious defeat of one of the big teams (per what we did to England last time) is a live possibility.

Although stupid Antipodeans living on the wrong side of the world kinda ruins tbe whole thing for viewing purposes.
                                                                              Ah, i remember the England one now. Is this the one we beat another of the top teams before (West Indies maybe?) & their manager was murdered or something?

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                Is there something wrong with Bose or is it just general hipster hate the popular company sort of craic?
                                                                                Bose are the Apple of the speaker world. They make systems that are different - better in some ways, way worse in others. Then they stick a price premium on it to confirm to he gullible that it is in fact better.

So yeah, little bit from Column A, little bit from Column B.
                                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

I'm not sure I could handle the pain of actually getting lucky enough to qualify for the $1mil prize pool and then not win the 3 handed SNG.

Ah, just read the article and saw second and third place got $100,000 too. That makes it less sick admittedly.
                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Bose are the Apple of the speaker world. They make systems that are different - better in some ways, way worse in others. Then they stick a price premium on it to confirm to he gullible that it is in fact better.

So yeah, little bit from Column A, little bit from Column B.
                                                                                    Pricey gear alright. A mate has the bluetooth speaker, lovely sound but ridiculous 350e price or something. I have their headphones and love them.
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Derek O'Brien? Missed a peno apparently?
                                                                                      Boom. Thanks Jam. Yeah he hit the post. Keeper saved the rebound shot with his chest and got up to gather the ball from another strike. It was a fantastic piece of goal keeping and brave. Celtic were 1-0 up at the time too so it was a huge save from him.

Ended up losing 2-1 after getting two ridiculously stupid reds. They were both reds though.

Cheers for that.

Comment

Boom. Thanks Jam. Yeah he hit the post. Keeper saved the rebound shot with his chest and got up to gather the ball from another strike. It was a fantastic piece of goal keeping and brave. Celtic were 1-0 up at the time too so it was a huge save from him.

Ended up losing 2-1 after getting two ridiculously stupid reds. They were both reds though.

Cheers for that.
                                                                                        There's a few UL lads from both Tralee and Killarney so heard conflicting reports. Dynamos were missing three starters apparently. The UL guy, who'd be playing LWB for Dynamos and is Premier LOI quality imo, said he was told to take the weekend off and look after himself for Munster Junior tongue in cheek though I'd imagine.
                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I apologise for my shit story, I did say it at the start! I didn't think it was anything glorious. I just don't have a group of Irish (read: normal) people to bounce these things off, I have Canadians. I suspected I was in the wrong, but I also suspected she was crazy.
                                                                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

$100,000.00 for both runners up afaik.

Edit: I see your post now, carry on...
                                                                                            Last edited by oleras; 13-01-15, 18:23.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

There's a few UL lads from both Tralee and Killarney so heard conflicting reports. Dynamos were missing three starters apparently. The UL guy, who'd be playing LWB for Dynamos and is Premier LOI quality imo, said he was told to take the weekend off and look after himself for Munster Junior tongue in cheek though I'd imagine.
                                                                                              Definitely tongue in cheek I'd say. Celtic should have been at least 2 up at ht. Dynamos seemed poor but if they're missing three starters that's understandable. Dynamos second goal was farcical defending from Celtic. The back four just stood still with their hands up for offside after a through ball. I was sitting in line with it and the guy was at least two yards on, minimum. I have no affiliation to either team. I just fucking hate Tralee teams in any sport.

Comment

Mac issue; has anyone noticed the scrolling changed recently, specifically on Chrome?

It used be that it scrolled on the screen whilst you scrolled on the touchpad - lovely. Now I scroll on the touchpad, stop, and then it scrolls on the screen.

I hate it and it bugs the shit out of me. Anyway of changing it back?

Comment

So let's get this started. For an orderly line ladies and gents for a beautiful 10 year old west highland terrier. House trained, great company, placid, playful and in great health.

Would make a great companion for someone, comes complete with bed, kennel, food/water bowls, winter coat and large bag of food.

Sure to be a crowd pleaser early bids are advised.

Comment

I honestly have no idea. None of the lads I was with knew his name and it's just kind of annoying me now cos we all knew who he was. You could spot him straight away anyway. Always seemed to have time on the ball. Would just like to put a name to him.
                                                                                                    I mean the guy from ardfert who decked the ref

Comment

I mean the guy from ardfert who decked the ref
                                                                                                      Oh sorry. I don't know. They are thinking of appealing according to Radio Kerry but they didn't release the name yet and there's no story going around. All we are hearing is that he got 2 years for assaulting the ref. Never a dull moment with the lads from Ardfert in any sport. Rough enough spot. I've had my fair share of bruises after games against them. Taking a pop at a ref is a bit much though.

Comment

Taking a pop at a ref is a bit much though.
                                                                                                        should be a life ban in any sport imo

Comment

Hello folks just catching up with some BBV action, having a good week so far in the Bahamas have either been swimming in the ocean of having a dip in the pool every morning before work, could get use to this life. Bags made it all the way this year so I wasn't stuck without clothes for 5 days like last time, got a little sunburnt walking around doing some location shots the other day, was red but not crazy lobster red.

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                                                                          The real Ronaldo 18/57 from 816 entries in the PCA Carribean game where TylerD is working. Would be great to see him make the final table. Would be greater if Tyler managed to follow him getting pics of how he blows all the loot before leaving the island!

As for Ronaldo he done pretty well for himself and it's first big time cash and he seemed super happy the whole time playing, tons of articles about him on the PokerStars blog if you have the time to read.

For the unofficial stuff he was suppose to present the Ballon d'Or the other night and because he kept going deep in the main event he changed his flight 4 times but eventually not making it, word is that he doesn't like Blatter/Fifa which was nice to hear. Even had Sergio Garcia railing him. This was one of the first times I've ever seen him interact with the players/staff/public posing for so many pictures generally you can't go near him which is kinda strange I'm sure that's more to do with PS than himself.

One of my favourite photos of the week was him busting two players in one hand and one of the eliminated players asks to take a photo with him straight after, he looked pretty happy after busting out of a $10,000 tournament.

Originally posted by KK82 View Post
                                                                                                          TylerD has really hit the big time this week. I've seen his pictures retweeted by both Lon McEachern and Ronaldo. Impressive stuff.
                                                                                                          I'm not a prolific tweeter like some of the guys who I work with him get tons of interaction & feedback/retweets for linking players into their tweets but was nice to get some for a few bits I tweeted this week, Ronaldo one especially as I had seen him using Twitter and was nice to know it wasn't some social media manager

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                          Did a fine job losing weight. Hopefully he is keeping it off.

He has put a little back on but I'm sure he enjoys all of the excessive's of life.
                                                                                                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Question for techies, UPC are being dicks are refusing to give me a static IP address, any way round this?
                                                                                                            The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I apologise for my shit story, I did say it at the start! I didn't think it was anything glorious. I just don't have a group of Irish (read: normal) people to bounce these things off, I have Canadians. I suspected I was in the wrong, but I also suspected she was crazy.
                                                                                                              Suspected? Your little reverso / misdirect preamble was not the introduction of a man who 'suspected' he was wrong. You knew damn well. Don't worry, I'd already forgiven ya.
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                Question for techies, UPC are being dicks are refusing to give me a static IP address, any way round this?
                                                                                                                You usually need to pay a premium for this.

Comment

should be a life ban in any sport imo
                                                                                                                  Agreed. Even at this level there is absolutely no excuse. I seem to remember the same GAA team attacked an umpire in a county league game and got a ban for that too. Can't remember full details so would have to check it out but doesn't make Ardfert the most appealing place to go.

Comment

Got fucking robbed, such a balls. Just a laptop and tablet but still
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

No such thing as a shit story in type. The impressive thing that struck me is how many close friends you seem to have.
                                                                                                                      I envy these people that have 'close friends'.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                                        As for Ronaldo he done pretty well for himself and it's first big time cash and he seemed super happy the whole time playing, tons of articles about him on the PokerStars blog if you have the time to read.
                                                                                                                        Heard there were all sort of rules about no eye contact or talking to him at his first event, all more relaxed this time round judging by my facebook feed?

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                                                          http://dyn.com/dns/
                                                                                                                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X