This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
    Just got a call to say a friend, 10 days overdue, went for checkup today and no heartbeat. Jesus, put's a lot of things in to perspective. Youngest brother's wife is just under 3 weeks to go with "1st grand-kid".
    Originally posted by elbows View Post
    We lost our second child at 38 weeks in August. She had a heart problem discovered at 37 weeks and went in for next checkup 4 days later and her heart had stopped. Amazing how much it happens and what women have to go through.
    That's heartbreaking stuff. I can't imagine the pain you and others who have experienced it like WN's friend. That's something that would knock you for 6 for ages I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
      Just got a call to say a friend, 10 days overdue, went for checkup today and no heartbeat. Jesus, put's a lot of things in to perspective. Youngest brother's wife is just under 3 weeks to go with "1st grand-kid".
      She posted it on boards earlier. Can't imagine what she is going through.
      Horrible stuff, especially being 10 days over.
      Last edited by Mellor; 12-01-15, 01:27.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Anyone know how long its safe to drive on the spare tire? Car is a blue seat Leon. The spare has been on for a week now. The pressure is fine but It bulges a little bit more than the other three.
        Replace it as soon as possible... The spare tire is only an emergency tire that you use while the main tire is being fixed, not meant to be used for prolonged period of time.
        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed View Post
          Seeing Sinead O Connor join Booker T on stage tonight at the Sugar club to do Nothing Compares 2 U was pretty damn impressive
          I'd certainly say so, didn't even know he sang.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Anyone know how long its safe to drive on the spare tire? Car is a blue seat Leon. The spare has been on for a week now. The pressure is fine but It bulges a little bit more than the other three.
            reminds me of a wee story.........

I was courting a lass 80 miles from home and had a puncture on way up to visit. I replaced with spare and stopped at next garage to get tyre repaired. I had another puncture and thought thank feck I got tyre repaired. I replaced again and a few miles later I got another puncture! I had no spare this time but I knew there was a garage a mile up road so I removed wheel and left car locked and on jack and was rolling/carrying wheel on way to garage. A car full of women drove past and slowed down whooping and laughing at me pushing a wheel along. Little did they know that a car ahead had stopped at junction and they crashed into back of it. I wheeled my wheel past them with a smile on my face

Comment

Ah the memories.
              Attached Files
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                Who is the lad hiding in the jacks supposed to be?
                Nobody knows! Mystery man. Some suggestion that it was Neil Blaney but that can't be right as he wasn't in FF at the time.

Let's call him Everyman and consider him an amalgam of O'Flynn, Mattie McGrath, Healy-Rea and O'Dea.
                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

That Mitterand fowl-eating scene was real allegedly. Might be one for the next Horsehead Elite dinner.

Comment

Seeing Sinead O Connor join Booker T on stage tonight at the Sugar club to do Nothing Compares 2 U was pretty damn impressive
                    Yes it was pretty cool. He's some cat.

Shame he didn't play Soul Limbo though we did git Hip Hug-Her (used in the opening scene of Barfly) which is my fav.

Great to see a living legend in such an intimate space and hanging out signing autographs and posing for pics afterwards.

Comment

Watched Demolition Man again there and for some reason they have 'Pizza Hut' dubbed over every place that Taco Bell is mentioned. Weird

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Huybrechts View Post
                        Watched Demolition Man again there and for some reason they have 'Pizza Hut' dubbed over every place that Taco Bell is mentioned. Weird
                        Euro/USA/Asia release change? Think a few studios used do that with product placement.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Euro/USA/Asia release change? Think a few studios used do that with product placement.
                          So it would seem IPBKevMath

Comment

Is Extratorrent fucked?
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Nobody knows! Mystery man. Some suggestion that it was Neil Blaney but that can't be right as he wasn't in FF at the time.

Let's call him Everyman and consider him an amalgam of O'Flynn, Mattie McGrath, Healy-Rea and O'Dea.
                              There was a specific reference to his 'practice' being in trouble and it was an effort at a Cavan accent. Can't have been John Wilson.

I was hoping that our local man the recently deceased Paddy Power would make an appearance with his Belgrano intervention but it didn't happen.

I suppose next week will be concentrating on the tribunals, it would be so much better if they went back and did the early days 60 - 75 instead.

I don't get why they didn't do the Arms trial, there is no one left alive to libel is there?
                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Bah, was planning on going to that but couldn't make it in the end.

Comment

I don't get why they didn't do the Arms trial, there is no one left alive to libel is there?
                                  I assume if these three episodes are deemed a success that they could do a standalone prequel episode easily enough.
                                  Would the Arms trial era still have 'unknowns' though, stuff that isn't yet in the public domain?

Comment

There was a specific reference to his 'practice' being in trouble and it was an effort at a Cavan accent. Can't have been John Wilson.
                                    Looking up the full cast list in IMDB: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3176254/...ref_=ttco_sa_1

the actor is Padraig McIntyre (relation of yours?) and he plays the part of 'T.D.'.

So I guess he is there as the personification of FF gombeenery.

Comment

Hmm, the screen seems to be detaching itself from my nexus 5, would I get away with a spot of glue in the corner?

Comment

mmmmm, Ortolans

As French chefs lobby for ortolan to be reintroduced on to menus, we explain why cooking the rare and delicate songbird is so controversial.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                          Is Extratorrent fucked?
                                          it was last night.

seems ok now.

use this:

Comment

Originally posted by Starvin Marvin View Post
                                            I'd certainly say so, didn't even know he sang.

Hopefully he gave her a T Booker stunner or whatever his move is.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

is Charlie worth a watch for us foreigners or too Irish centric?

Comment

Did CJH really talk with that intense tone of voice all the time? Its off-putting when watching this show imo.

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                  is Charlie worth a watch for us foreigners or too Irish centric?
                                                  Hard to tell really, but a knowledge of 80's FF politicos would be an advantage. Burke, Doherty Reynolds, Ahern etc .

Is that you posting on Boards that your free Gillette razor arrived at last? ?

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                    We lost our second child at 38 weeks in August. She had a heart problem discovered at 37 weeks and went in for next checkup 4 days later and her heart had stopped. Amazing how much it happens and what women have to go through.
                                                    Jaysus sorry to hear .That is truly horrific , I think you have had to go through a fair bit there yourself. Before I was born my mudder lost a child via cot death aged 6 months. I was watched like a hawk however I was dropped down some stairs, was toppled from the pram and got my head split in separate sibling accidents before I was 6 months old. (might explain my mental state) My sister (who lost both legs) had a kid drowned in 1989 and has never recovered. People moan and complain about their kiddies but there is nothing more precious and fragile. I nearly died when jesse had a high fever seizure over the christmas.

Comment

Watched Foxcatcher last night.

They did some job of the Make Up with Steve Carrell.

I found this video a decent watch after the movie. Possibly a couple of spoilers.

SPOILER

This is the infamous John E du Pont! I shot this video in 1988 for an awards banquet. Du Pont donated money to Crozier-Chester Hospital for their new trauma ...

Comment

The real Ronaldo 18/57 from 816 entries in the PCA Carribean game where TylerD is working. Would be great to see him make the final table. Would be greater if Tyler managed to follow him getting pics of how he blows all the loot before leaving the island!

Comment

Originally posted by Fiery Wasabi View Post
                                                          Hard to tell really, but a knowledge of 80's FF politicos would be an advantage. Burke, Doherty Reynolds, Ahern etc .

Is that you posting on Boards that your free Gillette razor arrived at last? ?
                                                          Cheers. Yes it is. There is still hope for everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                            Did CJH really talk with that intense tone of voice all the time? Its off-putting when watching this show imo.
                                                            I find it a bit over the top too, the mannerisms are ok but the speech is a bit much & offputting. Having said that it would be very difficult to get it 100% right i'd imagine.

He really was such a divisive character though, I remember my mother & her mother having blazing rows about him, interesting times i guess. Clip below I guess is how he spoke/acted in general.

In a grotesque, unbelievable, bizarre and unprecedented moment on Irish television, The Don somehow wrangles his way onto Gaybo's show...
                                                            Last edited by Dice75; 12-01-15, 12:53.

Comment

Originally posted by NuckChorris View Post
                                                              The real Ronaldo 18/57 from 816 entries in the PCA Carribean game where TylerD is working. Would be great to see him make the final table. Would be greater if Tyler managed to follow him getting pics of how he blows all the loot before leaving the island!

TylerD has really hit the big time this week. I've seen his pictures retweeted by both Lon McEachern and Ronaldo. Impressive stuff.

Comment

Realised I have no clue about the politics of that era. reading some of the wiki articles is eye-opening stuff. Operation Armageddon is particularly WTF-inducing. Fucking bonkers stuff.
                                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Realised I have no clue about the politics of that era. reading some of the wiki articles is eye-opening stuff. Operation Armageddon is particularly WTF-inducing. Fucking bonkers stuff.
                                                                  Missed opportunity IMO.

If it had happened obv the Irish Army would have capitulated in a matter of minutes and we could now be a fully functioning semi autonomous region of the UK much like Scotland or Wales.
                                                                  Of course there would still be the wrap the green flag round me fools but we still have to put up with them anyway.

Comment

Missed opportunity IMO.

If it had happened obv the Irish Army would have capitulated in a matter of minutes and we could now be a fully functioning semi autonomous region of the UK much like Scotland or Wales.
                                                                    Of course there would still be the wrap the green flag round me fools but we still have to put up with them anyway.
                                                                    I've been accused of being a West Brit before, but you take the biscuit.
                                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Inherent Vice is some movie. Memorable, often mesmerising set piece scenes with outstanding dialog, characters and acting. Pity about the clunky storyline. Decent soundtrack.
                                                                      Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Inherent Vice is some movie. Memorable, often mesmerising set piece scenes with outstanding dialog, characters and acting. Pity about the clunky storyline. Decent soundtrack.
                                                                        I have a copy downloaded but it sounds like it will be worth waiting to see in the cinema at the end of the month.

Comment

Unsure as to what this means?
                                                                          Does it mean after paying €20,000 Sean Quinn can start from scratch and run a company again? Although I am sure his scratch and my scratch are a few million apart!

Comment

I have a copy downloaded but it sounds like it will be worth waiting to see in the cinema at the end of the month.
                                                                            I would recommend waiting. Don't go to see it after a long week at work or anything. You need your wits about you for this one.
                                                                            Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Ivan Yates on Stephanie Roche nomination: ‘It’s tokenism because she’s a woman’

Thoughts?

Comment

He is a wind up merchant of the highest order, i heard that this morning and it was said very tongue in cheek imo.
                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                  He is a wind up merchant of the highest order, i heard that this morning and it was said very tongue in cheek imo.
                                                                                  He's a troll alright but think he may have a point here. It's a bit disrespectful to RvP and Rodriguez to just ignore the stage they were on and standard of opposition they were facing.

Comment

Don't think it's tokenism at all. It's a great goal. Can't say that James' goal is any better than that really in terms of technique and that's in the final 3.
                                                                                    It's a complete joke, however, that a goal in a ladies match against Wexford Youths should be eligible for an award like that. There should be a line drawn somewhere about the standard of match that qualifies and this falls far below what it should be.

Saying that, I think van Persie should win.

Comment

He's a troll alright but think he may have a point here. It's a bit disrespectful to RvP and Rodriguez to just ignore the stage they were on and standard of opposition they were facing.
                                                                                      Where do put the cutoff point for 'standard' though? Can of worms and all that.
                                                                                      It was a senior top tier league game, so theoretically the same level on the pyramid as an EPL or Bundesliga match, which they wouldn't exclude.
                                                                                      I think its fine that's it there on its merits anyway, very special goal.

Interestingly I just logged onto the FIFA site to look at them again and vote for Rodriguez* (the best goal) but clicked on Roches goal to have another look (its the first one on the page). 'Thank you for your vote for Stephanie Roche'. She could win because of a badly laid out website!

*RVPs the one which will be highlightreeled in 70 years though, the most memorable.

Comment

Of course it's tokenism. I've scored a thousand better goals on the road.

Where's my award.
                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

BBV please help.

So Im fed up being raped by Meteor.

My old phone is in bad shape, its a Iphone 4s. I want to get a new Iphone.

Meteor offered me an upgrade but I still have to pay like €300 to get the Iphone.

Whats the best bill plan out there and cheapest way to get a new Iphone?

Comment

I think the nomination for the Puskas award was justified by the quality of the goal on its own merits. That it was scored by a woman who plays for Peamount United doesn't really matter. It was a brilliant piece of technique that would have graced any stage.

The grassroots campaign that led her to the top 3 and the awards ceremony was completely the result of tokenism, and I'm totally ok with that.

Comment

Van Persie goal was excellent but should not beat either of the other ones imo.

Comment

Puskas selection criteria used to take into account the level of the match. However has changed since 2010 afaik to include any goal in any FIFA sanctioned game.

AndyFB correct on the tokenism.

Comment

New Asus zenphone 2 looks like a great affordable phone. 200 dollars so prob similar in euros
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I think the nomination for the Puskas award was justified by the quality of the goal on its own merits. That it was scored by a woman who plays for Peamount United doesn't really matter. It was a brilliant piece of technique that would have graced any stage.

The grassroots campaign that led her to the top 3 and the awards ceremony was completely the result of tokenism, and I'm totally ok with that.
                                                                                                    Top tips to lump on for tonight
                                                                                                    1. Stephanie Roche wins public vote but not the award
                                                                                                    2. Sepp engages in some Keysesque sexist bants

Comment

Technique wise, I honestly think it was the best quality goal (it may not be possible to be 100% objective, but I'm trying my best).

Whether it should qualify due to the standard is an another argument. But as has been pointed out, it was at the highest level in the land (admittedly, still not a massively high level). So arguments can be made that a) women's football should not be eligible or it should have a separate award, or b) some sort of league ranking system should be introduced (similar to what they use for the Golden Shoe) and La Liga can't be seen as the same standard as League of Ireland. The problem with any of that is, firstly, the international aspect of things - is a goal in Faroe Islands vs Georgia worth the same as a goal in Argentina vs Germany, even though it's the same competition - and more importantly, a goal is a goal, you're not judging someone on overall quality, achievements for a season, pressure faced etc, you're judging someone on one particular piece of skill.

So yeah tl;dr, fuck the haterz, the goal is legit, Steph is the best.
                                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                        BBV please help.

So Im fed up being raped by Meteor.

My old phone is in bad shape, its a Iphone 4s. I want to get a new Iphone.

Meteor offered me an upgrade but I still have to pay like €300 to get the Iphone.

Whats the best bill plan out there and cheapest way to get a new Iphone?
                                                                                                        The three mobile €20 a month ready to go deal is the best value by a mile, or at least it was last time I checked.

Think about picking up a second hand iphone somewhere and a three sim I would say.

Comment

How much cash do you think Stephanie Roche has made out of all this btw?
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                            I would recommend waiting. Don't go to see it after a long week at work or anything. You need your wits about you for this one.
                                                                                                            Must of went way over my head so, was really looking forward to it but just didn't hold my interest at all.

Comment

This Birmingham = Muslim story is the gift that keeps on giving.

A guest on the US news channel said that Birmingham is "totally Muslim" and "non-Muslims simply don't go in". The internet responded mercilessly.

Comment

Genuinely brilliant goals usually make it through for selection no matter what the level is. I remember some Northern Irish league lad made the final 3 a few years back for a flying back heel goal, and that league is dire.

I think the big game goals definitely merit more weight when considering who should be selected but I've no problem seeing genuinely exceptional goals from a lower level make it through and hers definitely was.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

On another note, due to the Puskas award, I didn't really look at the other awards, but just noticed Simeone is third favourite (behind Low and Ancelotti) for Manager of the Year. Personally I think it's fairly clear cut that Simeone deserves Manager of the Year for 2014.
                                                                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                    The three mobile €20 a month ready to go deal is the best value by a mile, or at least it was last time I checked.

Think about picking up a second hand iphone somewhere and a three sim I would say.
                                                                                                                    Tesco mobile is unreal. I pay 25 per month for unlimited everything.
                                                                                                                    30 day contract and if I need a decent phone I pick one up on adverts
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Any recommendations for a smaller form phone? My gf needs to replace her iphone 4 but is hating all the new phones. Are there any new phones being made with a similar footprint/shape to the iphone 4?

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                                        Any recommendations for a smaller form phone? My gf needs to replace her iphone 4 but is hating all the new phones. Are there any new phones being made with a similar footprint/shape to the iphone 4?
                                                                                                                        Moto G
                                                                                                                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                          Moto G
                                                                                                                          She hates it for some reason, even though I've recommended it a few times.

It's pushing the limits of "similar size" too http://www.phonearena.com/phones/com...8208,4586?ft=2

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X