• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who the fuck tips taxi drivers?

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
      Who the fuck tips taxi drivers?
      Fond memories of my first few years in dublin and they taking a long hard look at ya and driving off.

Also ah where are ya going say southside ah not worth me time
      Cunts had a total grip on the industry the queues on fri sat nights were bananas.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
        Sturridge goosed again. Imagine how good he will be by the time he actually makes it back to the pitch, by all accounts he's better than Maradona now and is the only thing needed to make liverpool the best team in the world
        Are you alright m8??
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Waiting on a withdrawl from Boyles for 2 days.
          Telling me a problem with neteller
          i say stick it back into my account we cant?
          Refuse to give me a timeframe for processing anyone site to complain about them?

Comment

Segment about a gay bull on RTE news just there, the farmer 'wishes to remain anonymous'.

Fucking Ireland, prob doesn't want to be shunned at mass.
            I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
              Fond memories of my first few years in dublin and they taking a long hard look at ya and driving off.

Also ah where are ya going say southside ah not worth me time
              Cunts had a total grip on the industry the queues on fri sat nights were bananas.
              I remember in the mid 90's trying to get a taxi on a Saturday night alright and it was just crazy. A 2 hours wait was not unusual.

Comment

The Imitation Game is such a beautifully layered and well crafted movie.

I loved absolutely every single scene. So so good.
                You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Auld biddy on Prime Time "we have a right in the constitution to refuse water meters". Some foresight by the lads who created it.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                    I'm strongly considering going on a 3/4 month excursion come the start of Feb while I still have such opportunity. Basically every possible travel idea has been considered at some point (motorbiking SE Asia, backpacking Europe, camper van around Europe, travelling across States (buses/bike) and so on). Budget will be anything from 2k-10k so almost any option is open to me. Would anyone strongly point me in a certain direction?
                    Asia >>>> go east
                    US >>>>>go west

you're welcome

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Like FM I'm thinking something similar.
                        I'm mid twenties working a decent ish job and have no mortgage. I'm thinking of applying for the 2 year Canada visa in Jan, well I will apply either way. Work 12 months here and just go in Jan 2016 with herself. Perhaps a month or two in South America first.
                        Thinking 20 months of work and travel in Canada, then one big road trip through the US.

Any reason for me not to do this? All I can think of is my job but I will be working for the rest of my life. I think in 5 years down the line if I don't go it will be a regret.

How bad will it look on my CV that I went to college, worked for a year, went OZ 12 months, worked a few years then went Canada 2 years? Too many gaps?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          It will actually take a generation to forgive the taxi industry for how they used to run things. I remember many winter weekend boozings followed by having to walk the three hours in the cold back to Bayside.
                          Bit mad to blame how they used to run things on the current drivers. It was ridiculous 25 years ago, waiting 3 hours on college green, or realizing you could walk home in 90 minutes. I know you said 'taxi industry', but there is no such thing.
                          Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                            Auld biddy on Prime Time "we have a right in the constitution to refuse water meters". Some foresight by the lads who created it.
                            I honestly wonder have any of these people ever read it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                I honestly wonder have any of these people ever read it.
                                I mostly think yourself, Garrett Fitzgerald, and Alan Shatter, have read it. No reason to think anyone else has

Comment

just discovered Linux, think i am in love!

Comment

oh thats potentially quite handy for nights out. You can have a card set up in Hailo and use it to pay for the taxi even if you don't have your card? Normally leave my card at home to avoid overspends, but then never have enough left to pay for the taxi due to excessive drinking.
                                    Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                    Don't have Halo, so just wondering..

If you tip, do you tip him in the car, or add a tip to the total cost?
                                    Once you go halo, or uber if you are fancy like me, you don't go back.
                                    I never wait for a taxi, or go to a taxi, they come to me at maybe 2-3 clicks.

Also hitch for somebody with social tipping anxiety it is a good start to wean you off, they won't know how much you are tipping, you can even lie or play them with word trickery - oh great turn, just gonna double my tip.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                      just discovered Linux, think i am in love!
                                      Linux is awesome, hard to use windows or a mac after linux tbh.
                                      Admittedly not as user friendly but does keep the scum out

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                        Bit mad to blame how they used to run things on the current drivers. It was ridiculous 25 years ago, waiting 3 hours on college green, or realizing you could walk home in 90 minutes. I know you said 'taxi industry', but there is no such thing.
                                        Huh? Are you being pedantic about the definition of industry or are you hinting at something sinister about to happen, I'm hoping it's the latter.

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                          Huh? Are you being pedantic about the definition of industry or are you hinting at something sinister about to happen, I'm hoping it's the latter.
                                          Sorry, definitely the pedantic side of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                            Linux is awesome, hard to use windows or a mac after linux tbh.
                                            Admittedly not as user friendly but does keep the scum out
                                            Yeah got a blank machine out of NUI Maynooth and said to myself now was the time to get into it, downloaded and installed ubuntu in about an hour and haven't looked back.... now i am getting into all the code type stuff etc...

Comment

I mostly think yourself, Garrett Fitzgerald, and Alan Shatter, have read it. No reason to think anyone else has
                                              I assume Dana has given how much she loves it.

I met Garrett once. In the very brief meeting I had with him it was so obvious that he was absolutely brimming over with smarts. Such a lovely man too.

Comment

It's a fair bit less than 25 years since the bad ol taxi days. Unpleasant memory of sobering up in a taxi queue due to the wait on new years eve of all nights. Was 2002 or 2003 i guess.

Not used hailo yet but had to get a couple of taxis with a mate yesterday and was very impressed as it helped us out of a couple of vaguely grim spots - getting from the gravediggers in the lashing rain and then from anglers rest last night only having to wait a few mins

Comment

My dislike is only directed towards actual Irish taxi drivers though rather than the cleaner and less racist foreign drivers, so there is that.
                                                  It's like most industries, until you actually enter said industry. 20 years ago I became a bus driver. Before that, in my opinion, every bus driver was a cunt, when I became one I discovered it was only most of them.
                                                  Same thing when I became a car salesman, it's only most of them that are absolute cunts.

Comment

It will actually take a generation to forgive the taxi industry for how they used to run things. I remember many winter weekend boozings followed by having to walk the three hours in the cold back to Bayside.
                                                    Thank God for the PDs eh!

Comment

Originally posted by gorrrr72 View Post
                                                      It's like most industries, until you actually enter said industry. 20 years ago I became a bus driver. Before that, in my opinion, every bus driver was a cunt, when I became one I discovered it was only most of them.
                                                      Same thing when I became a car salesman, it's only most of them that are absolute cunts.

I work in transport/Logistics so work ith a lot of non-irish people for the most part all the different nationailities are the same some good some bad some you would drive over twice if you got the chance, nothing much you can do except get on with it!

tl:dr: People are people, live with it!!

Comment

Sorry, definitely the pedantic side of that.
                                                        Damn, thought there might be some plan to crush the industry, like legalize drink driving or something.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 18-11-14, 23:27.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                                                            I work in transport/Logistics so work ith a lot of non-irish people for the most part all the different nationailities are the same some good some bad some you would drive over twice if you got the chance, nothing much you can do except get on with it!

tl:dr: People are people, live with it!!
                                                            Lol, yeah I know Phillip, I was just messing. I have a lot of good friends from both of those "industries", (just for you Collie), most people are decent in all walks of life, except politics obv. they are definitely all cunts.

Comment

Comment

Read it a few times, due to invigilating law exams. Think every student was allowed a copy of it. If I remember correctly its quite short? Elegantly written though.

Edit: ah right, must have read a shortened version, its quite long
                                                                Oh
                                                                It's usually presented in a small blue book. It's long for a Constitution but it's actually a model of a document, so beautifully constructed. Has a few glaring holes in it though.

Comment

Comment

How Hitch?

Comment

Comment

Is there any two people in history that have done more to put Ireland on the map than Eurovision greats Mickey Joe Harte and Chris Doran. I think not

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                          Once you go halo, or uber if you are fancy like me, you don't go back.
                                                                          I never wait for a taxi, or go to a taxi, they come to me at maybe 2-3 clicks.

Also hitch for somebody with social tipping anxiety it is a good start to wean you off, they won't know how much you are tipping, you can even lie or play them with word trickery - oh great turn, just gonna double my tip.
                                                                          Have uber app for over a month now. Still haven't figured out how to use it
                                                                          No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Comment

Just looking at reviews of Interstellar on IMDB as it seems to be a real love it or hate it thing but I did have to laugh at this review. Contains lots of spoilers and by someone who hated it by the way - a lot.

SPOILER

Near the beginning of the movie a family gets a flat tire in the dust-bowl corn fields of any mid-western alternate reality. The dad is played by Mud and in his alternate world he hangs a 90 and does like SEVENTY through the corn without the slightest bump, all the while deftly hacking his laptop to commandeer a nearby drone.

After stealing the drone, Mud decides that he must leave his kids to prove to their uppity teacher that NASA really did go to the Moon. He is chosen by Alfred to blast off with Catwoman in a reasonably 20th century 3-stage rocket that will eventually dock with an incredibly advanced 22nd century space station/rocket-ship. After leaving Earth, they need no longer adhere to primitive Earth technology. Now they can do anything that already ever happened on Star Trek, including Cryo-Sleep.

When they wake up feeling refreshed they head for a cool wormhole that Stanley and Alfred told them about. They are hoping to find a new planet for all the okies to go to, at least that's Plan A. There is a Plan B but it's sub PC and is not going to work for Mud who is all about hurrying on up back to Earth so he can save everyone.

Gotta say more here about Mud's robot chum as he is remarkable with a fingerprint smeared body consisting of multiple swinging HVAC ducts that can navigate through zero gravity, run across boulder fields, and even walk on water, not to mention rescue damsels while carrying on charming banter with a voice socially engineered to be annoying.

After they go through the wormhole they go to a waterworld where the laws of physics need not apply. Each hour they spend is equal to 17 years on Earth. Where's Einstein when you need him? The whole planet is covered with 3 feet of water which is fortunate since Catwoman can't swim.

Back on Earth, the dispossessed are aging rapidly with their old-school monster trucks and other quaint artifacts of 20th century dust-bowl Arkansas. Mud's kids get growed up and environmentally challenged, but it's really about how Mud abandoned them.

Eventually Mud and Catwoman go to a really crappy planet that seems even worse than dust-bowl earth, yet they feel hopeful that they might move their famblys there, perhaps down under the frozen ammonia glaciers. They find a sinister guy who looks like Matt Damon's dad who gets all evil and blows stuff up. Mud decides that he's gonna take the tin man and fly into the near-bye black hole that is just 14 billion light years away.

Mudbot knows in his crazy-brilliant, hillbilly-sage way, that if he just makes a B-line through the B-hole he is going to pop the cherry. With Hans Zimmer in the house Mud trips his way through the five-dimensional space. After an abbreviated acid trip (Thanks Kubrick, thanks Trumbull) Mud skips the room with the old man and starts floating around in an empty library. He peers through the stacks at his past-life capers while pondering the tangled twists which makes him feel real sad and then he feels real mad and yells at his little daughter who can't even hear him. If only he could communicate using just his sheer acting....

Meanwhile, Mud's grown-up daughter on Earth also feels sad and mad and she tells her brother to Argo F himself for not joining her in her cave. She doesn't like the air quality either so she torches her bro's corn crop. Harsh. Then she starts moping around in the old family library, the very same one that Mud is trapped behind the stacks in, except Muds library is made by humans from the future. At least that's what the robot said. Suddenly while pondering a wristwatch big daughter has an epiphany and realizes that all you really need is… …. wait for it…. Gravity!

Lots of good opportunities to cry here, what with Mud screaming at the little and big version of his daughter and having epiphanies right and left. Something (no idea what) clicks and Mud tells the robot to get binary and convert the 'quantum data' into Morse code so that he can power-emote it to the wristwatch that daughter is trippin on. Wait, did she just hallucinate? or did the little minute hand start jiggling around? It did do a jiggly wiggly and the jiggles are obviously coded gravity-signal wiggles coming through the black-hole bookshelf world from her crazy hick-savant dad.

Well that about wraps it up. Needless to say,... big daughter trans-codes the Quantum Jiggles into FORTRAN code and saves the world or at least makes it a lot less dusty and so that people get to go to Hawaii again.

Years later the big daughter becomes really ancient daughter and cryo-naps in the hope of seeing Mud again. Darned if some of the freshly quantum jiggled peoples don't figure out how to make space rockets again and they even find Mud just in time so that he can come back and be ignored by everybody he saved. Apparently the robot ran off with catwoman so ancient daughter wakes up and figures it is just so much easier to go to Saturn with her tube and her hospital Bed. A bunch of other family members go with her just for convenience sake and they all gather around her bed. When Mud comes in they decide to walk out en masse without even glancing at Mud even though he is their great gran-pappy and saved the world and discovered quantum gravity love.

More sweet, sweet tears as dad and daughter commiserate. After an appropriate interval daughter wisely tells daddy to go and enjoy his youth, steal a spaceship, and try and win catwoman back from the swinging robot.

Comment

Well because the evident reality is that so many mothers do have to work for economic neccesity? It also doesn't seem to feature in any apparatus of the state e.g. unemployment benefit regulations are equally applied to mothers and non-mothers.
                                                                                Well it wouldn't be a breach of the right by mothers but rather of their rights by the State.

And that constitutional provision is dealt with by child welfare payments. Totally uncontroversial constitutional point.
                                                                                Last edited by Kayroo; 19-11-14, 00:12.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

You've lost me also Hitcheroo.
                                                                                      I read it simply as the states recognise that a housewife contributes to the state outside of contributing tax.

Comment

...

Comment

Lollipop seems like a nice improvement to android so far, it may be my imagination but the keyboard and touch in general seem to have come on a lot. However the option to add chrome tabs to previous apps is peculiar, and gmail assuming control of other email accounts is invasive.
                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 19-11-14, 00:05.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                                            Is there any two people in history that have done more to put Ireland on the map than Eurovision greats Mickey Joe Harte and Chris Doran. I think not
                                                                                            Johnny Logan says hello

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                              You've lost me also Hitcheroo.
                                                                                              I read it simply as the states recognise that a housewife contributes to the state outside of contributing tax.
                                                                                              Second part states that they won't have to leave the home for economic reasons.

Is there no scope for saying that if, say, 20% of mothers worked 30 years ago, and now, say, 80% do, then there has been some evident breakdown in the ability of mothers to not have to work due to economic neccesity?
                                                                                              I'm not saying it's unarguable, I'm saying it's uncontroversial in terms of how the State has attempted to address its obligation. In order to take a case you'd need to show that the woman HAD to work outside the home. If the State provides for them to stay at home if they like then the State has fulfilled its obligation.

Comment

Is there no scope for saying that if, say, 20% of mothers worked 30 years ago, and now, say, 80% do, then there has been some evident breakdown in the ability of mothers to not have to work due to economic neccesity?
                                                                                                I think you are confusing necessity and choice.
                                                                                                They "have" to work to maintain a certain level of comfort, or lifestyle. But the reality is that's a level they've chosen, and it's not anyway comparable with the level 30 years ago.
                                                                                                30 Years ago dual income was obviously much lower, nowhere near as many people would be content with that level of comfort today.

Comment

...

Comment

Bear in mind I just found it interesting, that's all. Cheers!
                                                                                                    If you ever fancy a coffee and a lecture just give me a shout.

Comment

But then it says "the State shall, therefore, endeavour to ensure that mothers shall not be obliged by economic necessity to engage in labour to the neglect of their duties in the home."

Is that not quite clear, or I'm misreading it?
                                                                                                      As above, I think they'd take a very low benchmark for necessity.
                                                                                                      Also, if one was to make a case, "to the neglect of their duties" could possibly be exclude part-time work.

Comment

Later this week, will Revenue be given the power pursue unpaid water charges?

PS. wasted 2k post. FML

PPS. ( . Y . )
                                                                                                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Comment

Haven't played teh pokers in a year, feeling the urge to get a game in. Was going to go to a local $200 monthly game on Friday, probably stupid thing to do being so rusty and given most of the players will be Spanish. Never set foot in the casino here so I don't know what to expect with the lingo etc.
                                                                                                            On the other hand I'm being roped into a Stars in their Eyes night in the local boozer on the same night, probably do that instead. Don't mind me lads, just typing out loud.

Re: Stars in their eyes, Johnny Cash should be the default here yeah? Ring of Fire?
                                                                                                            Yeah, I'll probably do that.

Comment

...

Comment

...lying in bed, and just got a horrible pain in my left testicle...it's actually the 3rd time it's happened in about 3 weeks...I thought I just kneed myself the first time , but last two times have been knee free...what's the General Diagnosis for this, would it be worth checking or something that normally passes, as would rather not have to whip it my dick to get checked...

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                                  ...lying in bed, and just got a horrible pain in my left testicle...it's actually the 3rd time it's happened in about 3 weeks...I thought I just kneed myself the first time , but last two times have been knee free...what's the General Diagnosis for this, would it be worth checking or something that normally passes, as would rather not have to whip it my dick to get checked...
                                                                                                                  I think you already know the answer! And don't put it off.

Comment

Have you got any Deep Heat? That muscle cream.

Use some of that, if the pain persists then see a doctor.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                      Just looking at reviews of Interstellar on IMDB as it seems to be a real love it or hate it thing but I did have to laugh at this review. Contains lots of spoilers and by someone who hated it by the way - a lot.

SPOILER

Near the beginning of the movie a family gets a flat tire in the dust-bowl corn fields of any mid-western alternate reality. The dad is played by Mud and in his alternate world he hangs a 90 and does like SEVENTY through the corn without the slightest bump, all the while deftly hacking his laptop to commandeer a nearby drone.

After stealing the drone, Mud decides that he must leave his kids to prove to their uppity teacher that NASA really did go to the Moon. He is chosen by Alfred to blast off with Catwoman in a reasonably 20th century 3-stage rocket that will eventually dock with an incredibly advanced 22nd century space station/rocket-ship. After leaving Earth, they need no longer adhere to primitive Earth technology. Now they can do anything that already ever happened on Star Trek, including Cryo-Sleep.

When they wake up feeling refreshed they head for a cool wormhole that Stanley and Alfred told them about. They are hoping to find a new planet for all the okies to go to, at least that's Plan A. There is a Plan B but it's sub PC and is not going to work for Mud who is all about hurrying on up back to Earth so he can save everyone.

Gotta say more here about Mud's robot chum as he is remarkable with a fingerprint smeared body consisting of multiple swinging HVAC ducts that can navigate through zero gravity, run across boulder fields, and even walk on water, not to mention rescue damsels while carrying on charming banter with a voice socially engineered to be annoying.

After they go through the wormhole they go to a waterworld where the laws of physics need not apply. Each hour they spend is equal to 17 years on Earth. Where's Einstein when you need him? The whole planet is covered with 3 feet of water which is fortunate since Catwoman can't swim.

Back on Earth, the dispossessed are aging rapidly with their old-school monster trucks and other quaint artifacts of 20th century dust-bowl Arkansas. Mud's kids get growed up and environmentally challenged, but it's really about how Mud abandoned them.

Eventually Mud and Catwoman go to a really crappy planet that seems even worse than dust-bowl earth, yet they feel hopeful that they might move their famblys there, perhaps down under the frozen ammonia glaciers. They find a sinister guy who looks like Matt Damon's dad who gets all evil and blows stuff up. Mud decides that he's gonna take the tin man and fly into the near-bye black hole that is just 14 billion light years away.

Mudbot knows in his crazy-brilliant, hillbilly-sage way, that if he just makes a B-line through the B-hole he is going to pop the cherry. With Hans Zimmer in the house Mud trips his way through the five-dimensional space. After an abbreviated acid trip (Thanks Kubrick, thanks Trumbull) Mud skips the room with the old man and starts floating around in an empty library. He peers through the stacks at his past-life capers while pondering the tangled twists which makes him feel real sad and then he feels real mad and yells at his little daughter who can't even hear him. If only he could communicate using just his sheer acting....

Meanwhile, Mud's grown-up daughter on Earth also feels sad and mad and she tells her brother to Argo F himself for not joining her in her cave. She doesn't like the air quality either so she torches her bro's corn crop. Harsh. Then she starts moping around in the old family library, the very same one that Mud is trapped behind the stacks in, except Muds library is made by humans from the future. At least that's what the robot said. Suddenly while pondering a wristwatch big daughter has an epiphany and realizes that all you really need is… …. wait for it…. Gravity!

Lots of good opportunities to cry here, what with Mud screaming at the little and big version of his daughter and having epiphanies right and left. Something (no idea what) clicks and Mud tells the robot to get binary and convert the 'quantum data' into Morse code so that he can power-emote it to the wristwatch that daughter is trippin on. Wait, did she just hallucinate? or did the little minute hand start jiggling around? It did do a jiggly wiggly and the jiggles are obviously coded gravity-signal wiggles coming through the black-hole bookshelf world from her crazy hick-savant dad.

Well that about wraps it up. Needless to say,... big daughter trans-codes the Quantum Jiggles into FORTRAN code and saves the world or at least makes it a lot less dusty and so that people get to go to Hawaii again.

Years later the big daughter becomes really ancient daughter and cryo-naps in the hope of seeing Mud again. Darned if some of the freshly quantum jiggled peoples don't figure out how to make space rockets again and they even find Mud just in time so that he can come back and be ignored by everybody he saved. Apparently the robot ran off with catwoman so ancient daughter wakes up and figures it is just so much easier to go to Saturn with her tube and her hospital Bed. A bunch of other family members go with her just for convenience sake and they all gather around her bed. When Mud comes in they decide to walk out en masse without even glancing at Mud even though he is their great gran-pappy and saved the world and discovered quantum gravity love.

More sweet, sweet tears as dad and daughter commiserate. After an appropriate interval daughter wisely tells daddy to go and enjoy his youth, steal a spaceship, and try and win catwoman back from the swinging robot.
                                                                                                                      Simples...

SPOILER
                                                                                                                      Dude hasent a clue, he is basically a cunt.

A know nothing about wormholes or space cunt.
                                                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

awaiting BK the BBV Doc to tell you it aint your dick needing checked, its those dangly bits below!

A few hrs of self abuse will make it 'presentable' if you are worried

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                          I think you already know the answer! And don't put it off.
                                                                                                                          ...BAH!...was hoping to read "it happens to all of us don't worry"...the thoughts of getting it checked is both embarrassing and nerve wracking...the only plus side, 99% sure it's not an std, and if it is then its there too long to worry about...
                                                                                                                          ...would anyone that has said testicle issues know if it's something you can get checked straight away or would there be a specialist and appointment only...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X