This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Wonder if it actually is lower margin. They negotiate excellent discounts on beers, sell muck as food, and hire a few low cost grunts for the kitchen instead of a proper (expensive) chef. Id say they have some of the best margins in the pub industry. Plus the place will always be full to make up for if they do decide to go after a lower margin.
    Maybe, I just would have thought it's more profitable to hawk off lamb shank to tourists for 20-30 quid a pop than a burger and beer for a tenner.

Comment

Interesting thoughts on Yo. Not the NSA bit, but the bits about what it could turn into.
      Oh yeah, anyone on Yo add me - keane2097. It's great.

Comment

Mick Wallace and Clare Daly arrested at Shannon Airport

Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Does it work like that for you? (if you had a chance to read the article). It actually makes a lot of sense the idea that if someone sends you a Yo then you usually know it means and don't need an email etc to explain it any further.
            No but my usage of it is in its infancy and mostly linked to drunkenness so who knows how it could play out.

Comment

Interesting thoughts on Yo. Not the NSA bit, but the bits about what it could turn into.
              Have you read Gleick's The Information?

Great read in this area.

Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                http://www.mixcloud.com/daraghthomas...rden-mix-2014/

One hour of House, Disco and Rock - Perfect for listening to on a hot day with a cold beer! Jamie xx, Four Tet, Omar S, Kate Bush, Todd Terje etc.
                That was great, nice one, a lot of songs ive been listening to lately, love that OMar S one and the Fatima Yamaha one. Best tune on Todd terjes album aswell imo
                airport, lol

Comment

Comment

Consider when you "level" yourself in Poker. Think about what happens.

Now read this
                    Tracy Van Slyke: Classism, sexism, anti-environmentalism bordering on racism – any parent who discovered these hidden lessons will be glad that the show’s star just quit

Comment

Think had it waiting to give it a read on an old kindle that got waylaid in a pub somewhere. Must give it another go as love this area.
                      I have an audio copy, I'll share it on google later.

Comment

A friend of mine would appreciate a few votes for proposal for a paper at a conference later this year.
                        Just click the green tick button on the RHS please.

10-я независимая конференция программной инженерии: программирование, методологии, технологии, модели, инструменты

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                          http://www.mixcloud.com/daraghthomas...rden-mix-2014/

One hour of House, Disco and Rock - Perfect for listening to on a hot day with a cold beer! Jamie xx, Four Tet, Omar S, Kate Bush, Todd Terje etc.
                          Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                          Good start, what a genius Jamie xx is
                          Enjoyed this too. Todd Terje into the two Four Tet remixes was a sweet run.

That new Jamie xx track is brutal though. Liked most of what he has done, but All Under One Roof Raving is awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                            Enjoyed this too. Todd Terje into the two Four Tet remixes was a sweet run.

That new Jamie xx track is brutal though. Liked most of what he has done, but All Under One Roof Raving is awful.
                            Noooo! Did you get a look at his boiler room though? fantastic
                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                              Noooo! Did you get a look at his boiler room though? fantastic
                              The new London vibes one? Yeah, wasn't bad. The Real Lies track he dropped in there is one of my favourite songs from the last year or so. Delighted it's finally getting some hype.

Comment

Delicious ironing:

Beatles George Harrison memorial tree killed by beetles

A pine tree planted in 2004 in memory of former Beatle George Harrison in a Los Angeles park has died after being infested by beetles.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                  Consider when you "level" yourself in Poker. Think about what happens.

Now read this
                                  http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...ildren-parents
                                  Lol, I assume she isn't serious. I mean all of it was just nonsense.

This part seems the worst.

And really, that theme song makes me scream
                                  I mean it goes with everything.

Mashup of Thomas the Tank Engine and Biggie Smalls.Included acapellas are Come On, Machine Gun Funk, and Sky Is The Limit (in that order).Photoshop by GwnneI...

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                    Watched this for a solid three minutes and I still can't get what's going on.

Someone sticking a black mop through a window scaring a white dog that looks like a white mop?
                                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The next instalment of our popular 'in the well' series is now available online. Starring ionapaul.

roll up, roll up....I suspect this could be a good one
                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Theresa, you weren't wrong about Pho Saigon btw

Nice peeps too.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                          RDIII - the BBV requires an update on the house renovations?
                                          two weeks to go in southside exile

we have walls, windows, some doors, some floors, kitchen, bathrooms

finishing-off stuff now; electrical, lighting, flooring, painting, skirting boards, new blinds etc

The benefits of having a project manager and insisting on planning everything in advance have paid off. Only 1 week time slippage and < 5% cost overrun. Highly acceptable (he said touching wood furiously)

Biggest pain in the hole will be moving everything back in!

Comment

I feel like reading trashy detective novels. Can the BBV kindly recommend some of the same. Recent efforts in this genre have included James Lee Burke, Baldacci (shite), Lee Child (also shite), Robert Crais (me likey), Alan Furst (likey), Philip Kerr (likey), Dennis Lehane (likey), Pelecanos (likey)

tytytytyty

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                              two weeks to go in southside exile

we have walls, windows, some doors, some floors, kitchen, bathrooms

finishing-off stuff now; electrical, lighting, flooring, painting, skirting boards, new blinds etc

The benefits of having a project manager and insisting on planning everything in advance have paid off. Only 1 week time slippage and < 5% cost overrun. Highly acceptable (he said touching wood furiously)

Biggest pain in the hole will be moving everything back in!
                                              Grand Designs is usually > 40%.

Good job.

Will we be having an interactive tour posted?

Comment

Comment

Theresa, you weren't wrong about Pho Saigon btw

Nice peeps too.
                                                  Yeah. He's a good bloke eh? Full of chat.

I actually havent tried anything but the pho given its delicious so I must have a look next day.
                                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I tried pho in Pho Viet on Parnell street and it was just a bland disappointment; is Pho Saigon better? Was I just given a weak Irish customers version?

Comment

I'm getting a ton of calls today from a collection agency about a €200 bill I have from a Utility company. I've made arrangements with the utility co to fix it up in a couple of months time, but they said I should still expect calls from this crowd.

I refuse to deal with the collection agency as I deem their particular method of turning a buck grossly immoral.

So, just got the seventh call in two hours from them, I've just set my phone to divert back to their own office after five rings. Can't wait, great fun.

Comment

There's bound to be loads of Michael Connolly you haven't read.
                                                        As in 'all of it'.

Duly noted.

Comment

Yahoo, just got two calls. Love to see the guy's face.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                            Grand Designs is usually > 40%.

Good job.

Will we be having an interactive tour posted?
                                                            No. I may pop up a couple of selected pics.

You'll just have to wait and see if you get an invite to the first home game

Comment

I feel like reading trashy detective novels. Can the BBV kindly recommend some of the same. Recent efforts in this genre have included James Lee Burke, Baldacci (shite), Lee Child (also shite), Robert Crais (me likey), Alan Furst (likey), Philip Kerr (likey), Dennis Lehane (likey), Pelecanos (likey)

tytytytyty
                                                              Galveston by Nic Pizzolatto, he of True Detective fame, is the high water mark in southern gothic. Its not quite detective genre but its close enough and a thumping good read.

I really like the Australian Jack Irish series by Peter Temple Its set in a mileu of law, rules football, government level property corruption and organising gambles on horse racing.

Another similar writer I like is Robert Wilson he has a good detective series set in Seville but my favourite is the first of two that are set in Portugal and looks back towards events of the war called A small death in Lisbon.

I'd much rather go back and re read Elmore Leonard, Walter Mosley and the master himself Chandler than go further with any of the names you have listed above that I know anything of (Burke, Baldacci,Child), Lehane looks promising maybe I'll try him out soon.

Comment

There's bound to be loads of Michael Connolly you haven't read.
                                                                Too many connellly conelly conneellies and I know most of them are dire I know one of them is supposed to be ok but I'm never sure which one.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                  Too many connellly conelly conneellies and I know most of them are dire I know one of them is supposed to be ok but I'm never sure which one.
                                                                  I will attempt the Mickey Haller ones

I already read most of the Peter Temple ones, good fun with a nice Aussie sardonic attitude

Comment

Massive stinkbomb Facepalm.

Gentlemen I think I've just registered my personal best Facepalm moment.

That was a Guard trying to call me. About that case I'm a witness in.

I diverted her last call to Dominos before it dawned on me.

I've to meet her tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                      Massive stinkbomb Facepalm.
                                                                      Gentlemen I think I've just registered my personal best Facepalm moment.
                                                                      That was a Guard trying to call me. About that case I'm a witness in.
                                                                      I diverted her last call to Dominos before it dawned on me.
                                                                      I've to meet her tomorrow.

Why did you think it was the debt collectors in the first place?
                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Think today's weather is close to nut worst. Not sure what it was like in the rest of the country, but really sticky and warm weather today with no actual sunshine. You think dry, warm weather has to be good, but it's not.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

tytytytyty
                                                                          These types of novels aren't my thing at all, but my Father-In-Law pushed a Jo Nesbo book into my hands recently and I'm reading it as a dutiful SIL. It's pretty good, one of the Harry Hole series, I'd say there is almost a dozen of them at this point. Scandi detective genre I suppose!

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                            Why did you think it was the debt collectors in the first place?
                                                                            They sent me a few texts in the last week or so and called twice on private numbers.

Just figured they were ramping it up.

Comment

tytytytyty
                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Lazare you need to stop messing with phone technology!

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                  Think today's weather is close to nut worst. Not sure what it was like in the rest of the country, but really sticky and warm weather today with no actual sunshine. You think dry, warm weather has to be good, but it's not.
                                                                                  Twas wicked close alright.

THE entire nation is said to be in shock following the revelation that today's humid weather is 'wicked close'. Many people were coming to terms with the fact that 'tis wicked close', having been informed of …

Comment

I bought an iPad mini. How do I turn it into an ebook reader? Is there an app for it? Also - any app recommendations out there?
                                                                                    Kindle app?

Comment

I bought an iPad mini. How do I turn it into an ebook reader? Is there an app for it? Also - any app recommendations out there?
                                                                                      Kindle app and the ibooks app + .MOBI or .EPUB files + dropbox account + dropbox app and away you go

oh and http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ for the books for free

Comment

tytytytyty
                                                                                        James Ellroy?

What Dennis Lehane books have you read?

Comment

I have pretty good form when it comes to telephonic facepalm.

A few months ago, on a midweek evening I got a text from a random number saying 'Thanks'

I had sent an online group text earlier that day to a bunch of customers.

.
                                                                                          Last edited by Lazare; 22-07-14, 20:42. Reason: lol, chicken pic pasted by mistake

Comment

Would like to see chicken pic
                                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                              Kindle app and the ibooks app + .MOBI or .EPUB files + dropbox account + dropbox app and away you go

oh and http://gen.lib.rus.ec/ for the books for free
                                                                                              What do I need to download to get the link to the free books to work?

The link is working but how do i download a book?
                                                                                              Last edited by BallymoreChris; 22-07-14, 20:53. Reason: Stupidity
                                                                                              twitter
                                                                                              moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                I tried pho in Pho Viet on Parnell street and it was just a bland disappointment; is Pho Saigon better? Was I just given a weak Irish customers version?
                                                                                                I dont know. Its decent I thought although not as good as Saigon. I tend to add all the chili sauce to mine anyway and have my eyes watering.

Try Saigon. Reckon youll enjoy it.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                                                  What do I need to download to get the link to the free books to work?

The link is working but how do i download a book?
                                                                                                  use the search fields. eg searching for harry potter

links in blue on the right hand side

Comment

Just use normal cousins sites for ebooks, works for the majority of things I've looked for anyhow, although for more obscure ones might not work of course.

Comment

@Flushdraw, did that Belgium World Cup "dark horse" bet come in?

Comment

I see Conor McGregor vs Poirier is now confirmed for the Jones Gustafson rematch card at end of Sept. Should be good,

Comment

Originally posted by darwinatemyhamster View Post
                                                                                                          They're fucking dead right. As cliche as it sounds, that conversation did come up today for me aswell - "Fuck sake, very heavy out today isn't it?" "Aw tis awful close" "No sun at all" "Things must be very bad if we're having a conversation about the weather.

Also, would Waterford Whisperers run a headline like that every year? I'm sure they must have done a similar article last summer?
                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                              They're fucking dead right. As cliche as it sounds, that conversation did come up today for me aswell - "Fuck sake, very heavy out today isn't it?" "Aw tis awful close" "No sun at all" "Things must be very bad if we're having a conversation about the weather.

Also, would Waterford Whisperers run a headline like that every year? I'm sure they must have done a similar article last summer?
                                                                                                              Did they exist last summer?
                                                                                                              "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                  I see Conor McGregor vs Poirier is now confirmed for the Jones Gustafson rematch card at end of Sept. Should be good,
                                                                                                                  Super stacked card.

Just out of curiosity really, what is the best way to find the best priced flights from either Cork/Dublin to Vegas return heading over from here on that Friday morning our time and coming back Monday evening our time??

I'm not sure of the best way to check with all of the different carriers etc.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                    Super stacked card.

Just out of curiosity really, what is the best way to find the best priced flights from either Cork/Dublin to Vegas return heading over from here on that Friday morning our time and coming back Monday evening our time??

Thanks
                                                                                                                    http://www.skyscanner.ie/
                                                                                                                    The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

I don't approve of this thinly disguised putting down of the Harry Bosch and Michael Haller books. Will be regarded as classic American literature in a few decades.

Anyway 'Bosch' is now a TV Series - a successful pilot episode has lead to the go-ahead for a full series, so nows the time to read them (in chronological order) and you can join in the hipsterish 'good but not quite as the books' criticism like GOT.
                                                                                                                      Him what played Cedric Daniels in the Wire has a leading role so likely it'll be a good show.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                        Did they exist last summer?
                                                                                                                        I'd be almost sure they did. I suppose it's only the last 12 months they got really big but I definitely would've thought they've been around for 2 years anyway, maybe a bit more.
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                          Super stacked card.

Thanks
                                                                                                                          €602 return through SFO with Aer Lingus
                                                                                                                          The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X