Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Delaney is an insufferable fool, but to be honest we stand for a national anthem where if we sang the verses we'd be put on a watch list.
    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

lol house across from me has all there Christmas decorations up! What do you think is date to put up decorations, Im thinking around the weekend of the 13th or 14th of this year

Comment

Originally posted by thechamp87 View Post
        Just got a promo mail from Uber detailing how their UberX service (the base level within the app, standard taxi) is 10% cheaper than hailing a taxi on the street. Gave examples of different fares in Dublin compared. Uber is fantastic service, and the option to select different levels of car is nice, especially when abroad. I don't think Hailo is competing at all and is struggling.

Being able to use it in pretty much any big city now and just have your account charged at home is so handy. They've introduced some innovative things like syncing your account with your Spotify account so you can control the music in the car.
        Ah I was wondering what the Spotify link was for. Yeah, Hailo has had some first mover advantage here and in the UK but doesn't compare anywhere else.

Comment

Read an article a while back which said that Hailo had funding for $100m of investment in the US but had to pull out as they just couldn't compete.

edit: that sounds like an awful lot now thinking about it, trying to find the article.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            Ah I was wondering what the Spotify link was for. Yeah, Hailo has had some first mover advantage here and in the UK but doesn't compare anywhere else.
            Guy I know is Marketing Manager for Uber Ireland and he said he wouldn't be surprised if Hailo closed up shop here (not sure about elsewhere) very soon. Said they're running at a pretty substantial loss. He was also telling me about some cool stuff Uber has coming down the line like the Spotify integration but I can't remember what they were.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
              Read an article a while back which said that Hailo had funding for $100m of investment in the US but had to pull out as they just couldn't compete.

edit: that sounds like an awful lot now thinking about it, trying to find the article.
              Found it: Why a taxi app with $100 million in funding failed in the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                Pretty much what AJ said just ramble around and see a few bits, as for shows if you're going to see any I'd highly recommend Michael Jacksons One at Mandalay Bay it was incredible. Not afraid of heights or in any way claustrophobic maybe you could also hit up the High Roller just off the strip across the Caesars Palace, always thought that was pretty cool looking.
                Just looked up tickets there. $200 for a ticket seems a bit excessive no? Surely there must be a way to see it on the cheap?
                No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                  Just looked up tickets there. $200 for a ticket seems a bit excessive no? Surely there must be a way to see it on the cheap?
                  $10 roulette Martingale ldo.

Comment

For the best view of the Bellagio fountains go into the bar called Hyde inside the hotel and get a drink some evening and watch from there. Go before Hyde gets too busy so I'd say between 7-9pm. Your group/date will thank you for it.

Hyde used to be the Fontana Lounge where all the big tournaments were played and I don't think there's a better backdrop in poker anywhere than the fountains going off every few mins as you play.

You should splash out on this actually.

Comment

Not sure if same applies to Mandalay Bay, but I went to the Beatles show in the mirage and they were around the same price at the box office. When the Africa American lady behind the counter informed me of the price she was met with the standard Irish response of 'Fucking Hell!' I asked is there any way to get them cheaper and she told me to sign up for an MGM life card kinda like a dunnes card but tracks all your degen spending on the properties was able to get 20% off the tickets with the card.

If that fails ask if there is discount for friends and family and spilt it with them.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                        lol house across from me has all there Christmas decorations up! What do you think is date to put up decorations, Im thinking around the weekend of the 13th or 14th of this year
                        Neighbour of mine has his up from 1st November the Fucking moron.

Comment

There are ticket booths across from the Wynn and Cosmopolitan that sell show tickets for more sensible money. Cirque shows were around $60-70 IIRC
                          edit: also the restaurant in Paris hotel across street has a nice view of the fountains and not crazy money to eat in.
                          Last edited by mocata; 25-11-14, 18:58.
                          Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                          https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                            Yeah you get them from Tix4tonight. I think they have a website as well as the booths on the street. We got David Copperfield tickets cheap enough that way.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
                              I know lots that have it up now. Far too early. We usually get them up late, but might be a little earlier this year because it's just for the kids, and the little one is asking every day! They're going to be missing quite a few days between heading down to Dublin for a few days and then over to Scotland. It can also be used as bribery to get them to get their rooms clean and keep their sitting room in order after MrsF painted it

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                I know lots that have it up now. Far too early. We usually get them up late, but might be a little earlier this year because it's just for the kids, and the little one is asking every day! They're going to be missing quite a few days between heading down to Dublin for a few days and then over to Scotland. It can also be used as bribery to get them to get their rooms clean and keep their sitting room in order after MrsF painted it

Just finished putting mine up
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

At the rate its goin we will be spending a quarter of the year in Christmas time. Makes it much less of an occasion
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                    At the rate its goin we will be spending a quarter of the year in Christmas time. Makes it much less of an occasion
                                    when you have kids you will understand. Mia was mad to get the tree up, I always take mine down the 28th Dec so prob works out the same lol
                                    Her sky-ness
                                    © 5starpool

Comment

when you have kids you will understand. Mia was mad to get the tree up, I always take mine down the 28th Dec so prob works out the same lol
                                      Ours never went up until the 20th roughly, even when I was a kid. Proper order too.

Near where I live one place had theirs up until February last year. Madness.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                        Ours never went up until the 20th roughly, even when I was a kid. Proper order too.

Near where I live one place had theirs up until February last year. Madness.
                                        Mine will be up for 35 days approx. I dont see what the gripe is. Its once a year, looks nice. brings a smile to a kids face. Doesnt eat electricity. And is harmless really? What is there not to like about a xmas tree
                                        Her sky-ness
                                        © 5starpool

Comment

I have kids and I still think it's bullshit.

Comment

Mine will be up for 35 days approx. I dont see what the gripe is. Its once a year, looks nice. brings a smile to a kids face. Doesnt eat electricity. And is harmless really? What is there not to like about a xmas tree
                                            You take it down on the 1st Jan? That's 38 days but I'll let you off. Better to have it up too early than too late, but November is still too early to be in Christmas mode as surely. I'd be long sick of it by then anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                              You take it down on the 1st Jan? That's 38 days but I'll let you off. Better to have it up too early than too late, but November is still too early to be in Christmas mode as surely. I'd be long sick of it by then anyhow.
                                              28th dec I take it down and scrub the house!
                                              Her sky-ness
                                              © 5starpool

Comment

Saw a car a few weeks ago with a manky Rudolph nose on the front grill. Now that's a lazy bastard.

Past the point of no return though I suppose.
                                                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I always take mine down 12 days after Christmas, ITake it down on January 6 in observance of the Epiphany like most people and what we did as kids. 28th is way too early to take it down. Need to have the place still nice for Hogmany.

When we were kids it went up around the 12th. We all used to help clean the place to make sure we got the tree up. Bribery which as Tony pointed out, is being passed down to our kids.

We always have a real tree. Love the smell and the size of them. We have a big bay window so it looks well there.

We just got an artificial 6 foot tree for the kids sitting room. They used to have this silly wee one a foot high but we decided to get them a bigger tree. We have the hanging decorations always in their room as I am a Christmas Tree/ Decorations snob and wont have that tacky crap in the main sitting room

Comment

Very clever free from Bayern there.

Comment

28th is too early to take it down surely. Even with kids, I reckon something like Dec 15th - Jan 2nd or so would be ideal.

Comment

If you believe in Jebus the decorations should come down on the 6th

Comment

Highly recommend Nuri Bilge Ceylan's(Once Upon a Time in Anatolia) new film Winter Sleep currently showing in the Lighthouse and IFI. Won the Palme d'or at Cannes this years. It requires a great deal of attention throughout and clocking it at over 3 hours it's a commitment but I found it incredibly engrossing, thought provoking and ultimately a hugely rewarding watch.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                            That fool Delaney from the FAI was denying that it was him 'singing' that awful Wolfe Tones dirge and now he's apologised for it

What a fucking moron
                                                            I think he's gas. You don't see his boring counterparts in the IRFU up to the same shenanigans. Life is for living & sure look at the bird he's riding.....

Ger and Lisa should look to their laurels. John Delaney and Emma English are fast becoming the romance of the year. And not just in this country either - but the power of their love is now spreading further afield, to foreign climes, all the way to... well, read on mes amigos.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                              I always take mine down 12 days after Christmas, ITake it down on January 6 in observance of the Epiphany like most people and what we did as kids.
                                                              Is that a Scottish thing? I know it's obviously a jesus thing, just I've never heard of it. We always take it all down the first Saturday after we go back to work.
                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                Is that a Scottish thing? I know it's obviously a jesus thing, just I've never heard of it. We always take it all down the first Saturday after we go back to work.
                                                                think 6th Jan is little Christmas where the women go on the razz or something and the men folk take down the decorations...

Growing up we always had to wait until the 6th January... Nothing worse than the look of crimbo decorations the 1st week or January....

Actually I hate Christmas... roll on January..
                                                                Follow me in twitterland

Comment

So clinical Aguero
                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

In general different countries have different times of putting up and taking down the xmas tree. Some put it up on 8 Dec, some in the US will put it up the week of thanksgiving (i.e. this week) while traditionally the tree was put up on Christmas Eve to ensure people celebrated the birth of Christ rather than Christmas Season and then taken down on 6 Jan. Some Roman Catholics would be known to wait until Candlemas in February.

To be honest, whatever floats your boat on when you put up and take down your decorations imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                      So clinical Aguero
                                                                      Flash in the pan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                        It comes down to the wee song.. On the First day of Christmas my true love...

You just take it down on the 12th day. Not Scottish, just a Jesus thing I guess. If the tree starts to look really bare then we will take it a few days early. We were always told it was bad luck to leave the tree up longer than 12 days after Christmas.

Comment

Couldn't make it up.......

It has been confirmed that the head of Irish Water's parent company holds almost €1m worth of shares in NTR, which owns a meter installation company, and of which he is the former Chief Executive.
                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Fantasy Footie Q: I'm rubbish enough at it, going to play my wildcard this week, any suggestions?

Comment

Well city is not boring anyhow
                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                Couldn't make it up.......

It has been confirmed that the head of Irish Water's parent company holds almost €1m worth of shares in NTR, which owns a meter installation company, and of which he is the former Chief Executive.
                                                                                It has been confirmed that the head of Irish Water's parent company is to donate a six-figure sum to a homelessness charity.

Enda Kenny said the CEO of Ervia will donate all the proceeds he gets from selling his shares in a company installing water meters.

Mike McNicholas holds almost €1m worth of shares in NTR, which owns a meter installation company, and of which he is the former Chief Executive.

But he has agreed to sell those shares - and give the proceeds to Focus Ireland.

In the Dáil this afternoon the Taoiseach said he was happy with the steps Mr McNicholas is taking to separate himself from the company.

"He declared that he had shares in NTR quite openly - his interest in the company - he also excused himself from any commercial or contractual dealings with Celtic Anglican Water as required under the Ervia code of conduct, he's completely in compliance with that," Mr Kenny said.

"He said he would divest his shares - over 400,000 of them in NTR - and give the proceeds to Focus Ireland."

The Taoiseach also accused Sinn Féin members of making abusive and derogatory comments to ordinary members of Fine Gael.

He said the "unsavoury" comments were made at a Fine Gael meeting in Limerick, which coincided with a protest against water charges.

He said some of the comments directed at women were made by people holding Sinn Féin banners.

But Gerry Adams said he was not aware of any such comments being made.

"I won't accept your word for what transpired in Limerick last night," Mr Adams said. "I stand over the principle of peaceful demonstrations, which should not be insulting or threatening to anyone."
                                                                                .

Comment

When I went to it (we got treated which was very generous of the person) it was $150 a ticket so maybe there is different tiers but the seats were good, it was a seriously good show though was blown away by it, couldn't stop smiling for ages after it.
                                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Can someone explain why people had to apologise about anti-IRA chants last week at the Scotland England game? I can't quite understand it.

John Delaney is living the dream P.I.M.P

Comment

After watching The Hunger Games , then Divergent , I see this movie is out The maze runner. all kinda the same type movies that are new to me and i really like them. Would anyone know of any other movies that are similar, dunno what genre they come under

Her sky-ness
                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Battle Royale

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                          its not subs is it?

ah i see it is watched the trailer, will give it a shot anyway . thanks!
                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 25-11-14, 23:23.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Didn't know Uber was available in Dublin as I've just used Hailo a lot and found it very good & handy, might give Uber a shot to see what it's all about. Anybody that has used both have a preference over the other?

Comment

After watching The Hunger Games , then Divergent , I see this movie is out The maze runner. all kinda the same type movies that are new to me and i really like them. Would anyone know of any other movies that are similar, dunno what genre they come under

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790864/?ref_=nv_sr_1
                                                                                              Hostel the movie for some gore.

Comment

How many people sing songs in pubs without standing by the meaning or beliefs of the song or songwriters, if hes a cunt, its not because of that.

People taking videos like that with their phones are the real cunts here
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

its not subs is it?
                                                                                                  Yeah but if you enjoyed those films I really think you would like it. I also enjoyed 'Ender's Game' and is in a similar vein although I did have a wee smoke before it which may have schewed my view

Interested to see how the new Hunger games film is received by the fan base. It's suppose to be quite a sombre affair which deals with how the media essentially manipulate the masses with the agenda it wants to set.

Opr

Comment

Also pokerhand forgot to mention that downtown (old school Vegas) has gone through a small renovation and it's not as much of a dump as it once was, lots of new places around there and lots of cool bars, Gold Spike or hit up Insert Coins if you make it down there and another place that GAWA6 (Jono Crute) brought me to called The Griffin which was pretty laid back.
                                                                                                    Last edited by tylerdurden94; 25-11-14, 23:31.

Comment

This was brill if you havent seen it too

well it was back then lol
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

A bit random but I find it hard to believe that I have never seen or heard of a TrolleyBus before. Saw one on a crash video and just thought it was a crazy Russian thing but I was shocked to see how widespread the systems are.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                          How many people sing songs in pubs without standing by the meaning or beliefs of the song or songwriters, if hes a cunt, its not because of that.

People taking videos like that with their phones are the real cunts here
                                                                                                          I hate all kinds of rebel music and all the secterian religious bullshit that goes on sometimes but I can't see what JD has done wrong here. He's having a few jars and a sing song. Fair fucks to him imo. Big deal out of nothing.

Comment

WTF is with that response by Enda that Denny posted? So basically he is a bent cunt who gets a rap on the nuckles because he has been caught. People then wonder about the anger which is being expressed on the streets.

Opr

Comment

This Delaney lad seems to double job as Chief of the FAI and one of the chief gobshites of the travelling support. Sounds like great craic for him tbf. aside from having to sing Wolftones songs.
                                                                                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Thanks for the info guys... Much appreciated, think I have enough now to keep it busy for the weekends... Really looking forward to it now.

On the same note, just booked two weeks holiday to Baja for the Xmas holidays. Am going camping with these lot...

Have used them in the past and found them to be excellent. Couldn't come home to ireland as too much hassle.

Can't wait...

Comment

Fuck Me.

Homeland just got good again.

Comment

The Babadook. Was going to watch it in bed on the laptop with the earphones in. Not sure if there's a few moments in it that will make me shit myself or not though!

Comment

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1790864/?ref_=nv_sr_1
                                                                                                                      Series 7: The Contenders is a 2001 cult dark comedy directed by Daniel Minahan. The movie is presented as a marathon of the seventh series of an American rea...

The year is 2017. The world economy has collapsed. The United States has sealed off it's borders and has become a military controlled police state which cont...

Comment

WTF BBV???

The night crew need sacked for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                          WTF BBV???

The night crew need sacked for sure.
                                                                                                                          Not sure exactly what the "wtf" refers to MrsF.
                                                                                                                          But wanking, PC building and WiFi kettles. The degradation of the BBV has day crew all over it.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X