X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
    1hr50mins?
    Head is fried I'm only out of an interview. Obviously meant hour and a half or hour and 20 mins be plenty.
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
      Head is fried I'm only out of an interview. Obviously meant hour and a half or hour and 20 mins be plenty.
      you mean hour and a half or hour and a third be plenty? Do you think the phrase 'third of an hour' could ever catch on?
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
        Has more to do with the improvements in information-sharing allowing much greater proliferation of bullshit.
        Not sure I can agree with that.
        Historically, people believed far more bullshit in the past. Virtually every culture believe in some sort of nonsense. Rabbits living in the moon, eating and drinking all sorts of shite.
        The technological age as eliminated a massive amount if bullshit. The only issue is that the bullshit that remains, or the new bullshit is spread internationally and not endemic to certain areas and populations.

Comment

you mean hour and a half or hour and a third be plenty? Do you think the phrase 'third of an hour' could ever catch on?
          You should try bring it in, sounds like ya havent a whole pile else to be at.
          airport, lol

Comment

How do I find that flash in the pan Aguero post that some cunt put up after he signed for city

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
              Coming a bit earlier than expected isnt it?

I wonder what group of fans could of organised that? It's not like there's any in the league that are know for flying cringey banners over grounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                How do I find that flash in the pan Aguero post that some cunt put up after he signed for city
                The search function
                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                  Interesting thought. With the improvements in technology and medicine it is likely that the human race has reached its peak in evolution and now we are in regression. We will eventually implode and destroy ourselves anyway
                  So now that you are a doctor people we have peaked. Pretty big boast there bk for an intern

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                    Historically, people believed far more bullshit in the past. Virtually every culture believe in some sort of nonsense. Rabbits living in the moon, eating and drinking all sorts of shite.
                    The technological age as eliminated a massive amount if bullshit. The only issue is that the bullshit that remains, or the new bullshit is spread internationally and not endemic to certain areas and populations.
                    Yeah, I'd assume as information availability increases, the common acceptance of bullshit would have to go down. You mention "where that information is being critically analysed by experts. This is leading to further complexity which will exacerbate the problem. I don't know which way it will go, but we're heading into a situation where it will be literally impossible for one person to be adequately knowledgeable about most things." I'd think if information is being critically analysed by experts, that would be accepted and known in society, and because of modern connectedness, any alternative theories would be debunked fairly quickly by these experts. It's obviously not a perfect analogy, but Wikipedia kinda shows this.

The democracy argument is interesting. I think it's a bit of a separate one though and comes down to a very, very smart person's opinion being seen as equal to a very, very stupid person's opinion. Also the fact democracy favours popular ideas over smart or right ideas is another flaw in the system. But it's well known democracy isn't a perfect system, but it seems to be the best we have.
                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                      I wonder what group of fans could of organised that? It's not like there's any in the league that are know for flying cringey banners over grounds.
                      Lol, yeah. Cos it could never be a small section of Liverpool fans. Just like it was a small section of United fans. I use the term fans loosely. Idiots would be closer to the truth.

Comment

Interesting thought. With the improvements in technology and medicine it is likely that the human race has reached its peak in evolution and now we are in regression. We will eventually implode and destroy ourselves anyway
                        There's no such thing as regression in evolution by natural selection.
                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                          is coilcam about? Did he shave his smig?

I have lost 10/14 years and will certainly be getting ID'd for things like matches, knives and bleach on a regular basis. Fucking Movember has ruined my life.
                          Yeah, the financial controller gave me an awful heckling this morning when I got in. Definitely getting ID'd everywhere I go. I look about 21 at most, its great.

Before
                          SPOILER

After
                          SPOILER

Comment

Caught this little fella yesterday after catching one of his compadre's in the more traditional neck breaking banner during the previous night

There's more of the fuckers about though.

Wegoagain

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                              Lol, yeah. Cos it could never be a small section of Liverpool fans. Just like it was a small section of United fans. I use the term fans loosely. Idiots would be closer to the truth.
                              I just went through that guys timeline, it's an obvious troll account.

I've never been a fan of Rodgers but it's a bit early to be talking of sacking him either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                The problem is that up until now the survival of the species hasn't depended on its ability to identify and eliminate bullshit. As I discussed above, this game of whackamole is going to get harder and harder as complexity increases and actual understanding becomes more difficult. Whoever the Neil DeGrasse Tyson of 2060 will be, he'll need to be bringing his A game.
                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                  You can't quote from the locked BBV, but this was it

A wasted 35m on Aguero and a flash in the pan debut. Id be surprised if he gets 10 goals this year
                                  Looks laboured and unfit to me here. Dont rate him that highly tbh. Tevez far better imo
                                  Aguero will be a 35m sub very soon if Dzeko keeps this up.

Comment

I've never been a fan of Rodgers but it's a bit early to be talking of sacking him either way.
                                    Didn't look at the account at all. And as you know I'm a united fan but it's just crazy to even think about sacking Rodgers. The team have hit a slump, that's all. It's not helping playing Madrid and playing below par against Basel and Ludogrets topped with some poor league performances but, even though it pains me to say this, he is a fantastic manager who actually seems to have a football brain on him. Liverpool are now a team to fear with him around.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                      Caught this little fella yesterday after catching one of his compadre's in the more traditional neck breaking banner during the previous night

Wegoagain
                                      I could loan rent you a cat.....
                                      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Democracy as a successful system of government will start to fail in a world where 90% of people are incapable of understanding the complexities required in good decision making.
                                        Would suspect that was the case from the very beginning.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                          Would suspect that was the case from the very beginning.
                                          The people in charge of said regime have never been and will continue to not be the people that should be in charge. It's a job that if you want it you shouldn't have it

The problem is that up until now the survival of the species hasn't depended on its ability to identify and eliminate bullshit. As I discussed above, this game of whackamole is going to get harder and harder as complexity increases and actual understanding becomes more difficult. Whoever the Neil DeGrasse Tyson of 2060 will be, he'll need to be bringing his A game.
                                          I assume the standard level of intelligence will go up over time, also computers will make decisions anyway. Technological singularity baby.

INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR MEANINGFUL ANSWER.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post

Wegoagain
                                            Little hoors are mad to try to get into the houses these days. This week they will be at their peak with the weather turning a bit colder.
                                            You need two cats one outside and one inside.
                                            One year we didn't have a cat and for a week or two around this time it was a full time job emptying the traps, As it is I'm currently catching a few a week and the cat is as fat as a fool!
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

for real? Do you mean like biological evolution (like in 100,000 years - assuming we're still around - the human will evolve to not have an appendix any more etc.) or that mankind has reached a peak and the average life span will never be 130 years say?
                                              First person to live 150 has already been born aparently

And United off to their worst league start since 1986. Bring back Moysies. Is there a Van Gaal out push? I haven't dipped into the yanited thread on boards in a while.
                                              X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

What inspired the wrestling bbv title?
                                                Fuck all ye big time charlies wth your WWF.

You should be support grassroots wrestling here in Eire like myself, mary horny and @hitchhiker. The league of Ireland of wrestling.
                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                    And United off to their worst league start since 1986. Bring back Moysies. Is there a Van Gaal out push? I haven't dipped into the yanited thread on boards in a while.
                                                    Larry Wildman is still the greatest poster on it, he is their SOTS.
                                                    He's very much leading the LVGOut bandwagon, basically wanted United to cut their losses after the opening day defeat to Swansea and has stuck with it.
                                                    He's finding it tough to get supporters though.

Comment

sorry was away from a computer

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                      So now that you are a doctor people we have peaked. Pretty big boast there bk for an intern
                                                      still only a final year scrub lord med student

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                      While we are still subject to the forces of Evolution by natural selection, we continue to collect mutations and pass them on through the generations the extent to which they affect our ability to reproduce and to survive within our environment is miniscule relative to the other factors at play.
                                                      Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                      There's no such thing as regression in evolution by natural selection.
                                                      People living to a greater age is not a good indication of evolution imo. Yes it is a good indication of how we have developed socially in terms of keeping people healthy for longer through adequate nutrition, vaccinations and medical treatment but not evolution in the terms of natural selection.

Natural selection at its very core it designed to select the best traits for survival in a species and allow them to be passed onto the next generation. Effectively as we improve our medications and technology we are making natural selection redundant. Conditions that traditionally would have killed people are now treatable to such an extent that those with these conditions can live very fulfilling lives. This is obviously a good thing from a social perspective but one would wonder what effect this will have on the human race in the long term i.e. more people with previously fatal conditions now survive to produce offspring and the mutations multiply and are passed on.

Changing track for a second we can look at what consequence medical advances have had on evolution. Take penicillin for example. Arguably the most important breakthrough ever in medicine in terms of reducing mortality rates. However with it has come bacteria that have evolved that are resistant to penicillin. The human is slow to evolve in comparison to other organisms. If peniciilin had never been discovered it is likely that the immune systems of those alive today would be much stronger (as those who had weaker ones would have died off).

tl;dr living longer not a good measure of evolution and natural selection is being made more redundant as we advance with medicine and technology. This has the potential to slow down and possibly reverse us biologically making us weaker than our ancestors

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Natural selection at its very core it designed to select the best traits for survival in a species and allow them to be passed onto the next generation. Effectively as we improve our medications and technology we are making natural selection redundant. Conditions that traditionally would have killed people are now treatable to such an extent that those with these conditions can live very fulfilling lives. This is obviously a good thing from a social perspective but one would wonder what effect this will have on the human race in the long term i.e. more people with previously fatal conditions now survive to produce offspring and the mutations multiply and are passed on.

Changing track for a second we can look at what consequence medical advances have had on evolution. Take penicillin for example. Arguably the most important breakthrough ever in medicine in terms of reducing mortality rates. However with it has come bacteria that have evolved that are resistant to penicillin. The human is slow to evolve in comparison to other organisms. If peniciilin had never been discovered it is likely that the immune systems of those alive today would be much stronger (as those who had weaker ones would have died off).
                                                          Cancers that develop after your reproductive age aren't acted upon by natural selection. If a gene is beneficial/neutral in your early years but has negative impact after 40+ it gets passed on fine through the generations.

We've only just recently mapped the human genome. All further evolution of the human species will be 'guided' by us I presume. The ethics of the tomorrow will be fine with 'designer' babies. Who wouldn't want to give their child the best chance?
                                                          Carl Sagan - Pale Blue Dot

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                            Larry Wildman is still the greatest poster on it, he is their SOTS.
                                                            He's very much leading the LVGOut bandwagon, basically wanted United to cut their losses after the opening day defeat to Swansea and has stuck with it.
                                                            He's finding it tough to get supporters though.
                                                            It boggles the mind how ineffectual the mods are over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                              Ah, Boggles. Did he stay away?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                Hasn't come back under that moniker anyway. So many people who have changed their names over the years at this stage I dunno who the fuck I'm even insulting anymore most of the time.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                  Yep

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                    Less charter based modding and more common sense would solve a lot of problems imo
                                                                    "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                      Less charter based modding and more common sense would solve a lot of problems imo
                                                                      Yeah the last thing that forum needs is a big charter.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
                                                                        IS Gyn(?) still the mod?
                                                                        GuanYin?

Last I heard she is second in command in The American Nazi Party.

Comment

Somebody takes movie name types and sketches the result: https://imgur.com/a/f2wSg

Comment

Just catching up on last couple of days, when is LuckyLloyd's actual trial date for Sinn Feinism? I wouldn't mind catching it.

GAB please ignore those arguing for almond milk and soya milk instead of just buying lactose free milk. The almond advocates in particular would be the first up against the wall. I don't need to avoid having milk as an ingredient in random things, as usually the amount does not affect me. It's not like an allergy, although people are differentially sensitive to it it appears. It has had very little effect on my eating habits during the 5 years I've had it.

Meanwhile, actual technology is improving exponentially due to the above improvements in information sharing, where that information is being critically analysed by experts. This is leading to further complexity which will exacerbate the problem. I don't know which way it will go, but we're heading into a situation where it will be literally impossible for one person to be adequately knowledgeable about most things.
                                                                            Do you have any idea the distance by which we have already passed this point? You are saying this like it's a future thing when it has been at the centre of the problem of modernity for decades. Search for the work of Ulrich Beck and the role of experts in our risk society.

Comment

Iarnrod Eireann on form for the first day of the winter. "Major signal failure across the network", wp men.

Those fuckwits moaning about a potential privatisation of Irish Water should be down on their knees praying for such an eventuality.
                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                So we agree.
                                                                                Was there a doubt?
                                                                                FWIW I only raised the burden of family on the State as HH seemed to be suggesting that a young lad earning 25k, living in a rented accommodation should be paying more tax because of the cost of a crèche to a family on 50k (gross simplification of his masterful argument but anyway).

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                  Just catching up on last couple of days, when is LuckyLloyd's actual trial date for Sinn Feinism? I wouldn't mind catching it.

GAB please ignore those arguing for almond milk and soya milk instead of just buying lactose free milk. The almond advocates in particular would be the first up against the wall. I don't need to avoid having milk as an ingredient in random things, as usually the amount does not affect me. It's not like an allergy, although people are differentially sensitive to it it appears. It has had very little effect on my eating habits during the 5 years I've had it.

Do you have any idea the distance by which we have already passed this point? You are saying this like it's a future thing when it has been at the centre of the problem of modernity for decades. Search for the work of Ulrich Beck and the role of experts in our risk society.
                                                                                  It also has little affect on the eating habits of somebody I know...apart from he pukes after every pizza now. Took years to get him on the soy milk

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                    It also has little affect on the eating habits of somebody I know...apart from he pukes after every pizza now. Took years to get him on the soy milk
                                                                                    Well I do have to avoid pizzas, and I used to love pizzas. Of course GAB is more inclined towards cheeses generally, but loads of cheeses can be eaten by lactose intolerant folks. If I get one from 4 Star without cheese then it seems to stick in my chest, suggesting that perhaps pizzas are actually made out of cardboard and that fact is masked by adding cheese.

Also, it appears that the World Trade Center is back up. Just the one tower. But how any Muslim could resist it I don't know. They may need a giant ape on top of it swatting away planes.

Comment

Iarnrod Eireann on form for the first day of the winter. "Major signal failure across the network", .
                                                                                      Taxi! Did contemplate a bus journey but the queues looked unpromising.

Fucking unionised gimps.

Comment

Originally posted by Lplated View Post
                                                                                        Was there a doubt?
                                                                                        FWIW I only raised the burden of family on the State as HH seemed to be suggesting that a young lad earning 25k, living in a rented accommodation should be paying more tax because of the cost of a crèche to a family on 50k (gross simplification of his masterful argument but anyway).
                                                                                        Tax relief on creche fees for two working parent families would be of benefit to pretty much everyone. Or, of course, subsidised creches as per the Nordics.

Being Ireland, we much prefer to give everyone a flat cash amount for having kids, irregardless of income. Which is nuts, but there ya go.

Comment

I have picked up some great xmas bargains today! Got a smasung Galaxy 3 7inch tab for 70 quid 3 months old with a cover and original box for chanel for xmas and then picked up kinect for the xbox with three games and original box for 50 quid for mia
                                                                                          I would have never have really done that in the past but with the local FB pages selling stuff its actually quite handy.

Looking for second hand stuff does pay off sometimes.!
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Tax relief on creche fees for two working parent families would be of benefit to pretty much everyone. Or, of course, subsidised creches as per the Nordics.

Being Ireland, we much prefer to give everyone a flat cash amount for having kids, irregardless of income. Which is nuts, but there ya go.
                                                                                            I don't want to pay anything for the disgusting meatbags, c'est la vie.
                                                                                            They could at least start means testing it by now jaysus.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                              I don't want to pay anything for the disgusting meatbags, c'est la vie.
                                                                                              They could at least start means testing it by now jaysus.
                                                                                              Never gonna happen. Political suicide.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                Every year for some reason I bother saying pretty much this in the annual feedback car crash that only results in more retarded rules rather than anything useful.

Iarnrod Eireann on form for the first day of the winter. "Major signal failure across the network", wp men.

Those fuckwits moaning about a potential privatisation of Irish Water should be down on their knees praying for such an eventuality.
                                                                                                I slipped out for the 5:28 from Connolly which thankfully went OK so must have been before the typical Irish Rail fuck up.

Comment

Scraped paint off car incident cont...
                                                                                                  So having put the note on the whieldshield under the wiper on a rainy Wednesday night I did not hear from the owner of the car which I scraped a bit of paint off. Multiple possible reasons for that, but solid part of me was relieved, other part of me was feeling bad in case the note was not read for some reason.

I head to the gym last night and lo and behold there is the car again! In a spot one up from last time. So I write another note, and this time wrap it around the car handle which was much better, and it wasn't raining.

Received a call an hour ago, and sure enough the first note had been soaked, she had seen it but it wasn't very readable. Nice woman, apologies and thanks abound, and it turns out she doesn't really care about the scratch, it's one of several. Bigger fish to fry. She is staying in the hotel because a fire broke out in her house and kitchen damaged and rest smoke damaged. Really felt for her, hoping to be back in for Christmas.

Told her I understood her attention was elsewhere at the moment, to focus on that, and after Christmas give me a ring if she wants to get the car done and we'll sort it. So now I have extended the sweat to a couple of months. FML.

That explains the incongruous bag of apples that was lying in the back seat last night. She is living like Alan Partridge.

Comment

@ Kev , Live beside river/trees and only had mice 3 times in 17 yrs using an electric plug in repeller. Neighbour forever emptying traps

Comment

So having put the note on the whieldshield under the wiper on a rainy Wednesday night I did not hear from the owner of the car which I scraped a bit of paint off. Multiple possible reasons for that, but solid part of me was relieved, other part of me was feeling bad in case the note was not read for some reason.

I head to the gym last night and lo and behold there is the car again! In a spot one up from last time. So I write another note, and this time wrap it around the car handle which was much better, and it wasn't raining.

Received a call an hour ago, and sure enough the first note had been soaked, she had seen it but it wasn't very readable. Nice woman, apologies and thanks abound, and it turns out she doesn't really care about the scratch, it's one of several. Bigger fish to fry. She is staying in the hotel because a fire broke out in her house and kitchen damaged and rest smoke damaged. Really felt for her, hoping to be back in for Christmas.

Told her I understood her attention was elsewhere at the moment, to focus on that, and after Christmas give me a ring if she wants to get the car done and we'll sort it. So now I have extended the sweat to a couple of months. FML.

That explains the incongruous bag of apples that was lying in the back seat last night. She is living like Alan Partridge.
                                                                                                      Hmmm, the old ring up with no apparent motive routine.

Sounds like she was angling for another variety of fender bender imo
                                                                                                      Hotspur you dog.

Comment

That's great, fair play to you. You have made a very genuine gesture to someone whose going through a tough time and chances are you''ve brightened things up just a little bit for her.

Comment

Also, Sky One. Now.

Comment

You're in there

Comment

Also, Sky One. Now.
                                                                                                              WTF?

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                                WTF?
                                                                                                                Give it time.

Comment

Wes Brown trying to catch up with Richard Dunne on most own goals. Another screamer.

[VINE]OOxnugbVXBT[/VINE]

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                                                                    @ Kev , Live beside river/trees and only had mice 3 times in 17 yrs using an electric plug in repeller. Neighbour forever emptying traps
                                                                                                                    Moar deets please

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      Never gonna happen. Political suicide.
                                                                                                                      Why? They can introduce it tentatively at higher rates (move down over the years when it's settled) and give a sweetener to those still receiving it. It's one of the things I hear criticized most (even those with children) so seems it would be popular enough no?

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X