• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
    Linky?
    Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Op enhanced. Ronaldo to outscore Liverpool 5/1. Free money
    Never gunna happen
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

This has probably received a mention here but in case it hasn't I just found out Mike Duncan of history of Rome fame has a new podcast (well it was launched a year ago...)
      called Revolutions covering around 8 revolutions in depth.
      Anyone heard it?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
        One sided fair enough is probably unavoidable, but at least with either straight knockout or full league every game actually has something at stake.

The Champions League is a laughable effort in that it takes the worst aspect of a league - the dead rubbers - and not only makes them by far the most common games, but also makes sure that by abandoning the league half way through any slip ups by the big teams go unpunished.

They then mangle the knockout stages to the point where you could have a 12 hour debate on whether it makes more sense for the home team or away team to play more defensively at any given moment.

The GAA Championship is obviously a million miles from perfect, but any time I see a "Champions League style" suggestion for improving it these days I immediately puke violently. Can't believe I used to think it was a good idea.
        That's not a Champions League problem, that's a you problem. Bitch.

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
          That's not a Champions League problem, that's a you problem. Bitch.
          L.o.D

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
            This has probably received a mention here but in case it hasn't I just found out Mike Duncan of history of Rome fame has a new podcast (well it was launched a year ago...)
            Anyone heard it?
            I've been listening to Dan Carlins Hardcore History recently. The wrath of Khans series was great fun. Basically on the rise of the Mongol empire with a major focus on the scale of the destruction the wrought and how most people don't give a fuck.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Anyone heard it?
              No but ill check it out, thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                I've been listening to Dan Carlins Hardcore History recently. The wrath of Khans series was great fun. Basically on the rise of the Mongol empire with a major focus on the scale of the destruction the wrought and how most people don't give a fuck.
                I've listened to all of HH, its incredible. The current series on WW1 is amazing. He is really brilliant at communicating the horror of warfare.

I love the bit about how a village rebels and kills some of Khans envoys, so he responds by getting the widow of one of the envoys to take a seat and has the entire village executed one by one in front of her as punishment.

Comment

I think it was Tara who suggested being a taster. Thank you Tara. Feeling nicely toasty now and this is quickly turning into a day for the pub!

I gave the thumbs up to the Johnnie Walker, met with a chorus of boos lol

Comment

Anyone here bink tickets to the cult film fest tonight? if so can you pm location, they told me I'm on the list but not the time/location..
                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Anyone have parents or grandparents living in council/corporation sheltered housing or old folks housing or suchlike?

I'm looking to know how the water charges is being done.
                      I thought it'd be a group payment scheme of some sort, but IW have sent out the forms to be filled in - rang Dublin Corporation Housing Dept and was told to fill them in and send them to IW, i.e., implying that people in such sheltered housing would be metered and charged like normal houses.

(I thought it'd be more like the gas, no-one gets an individual bill but all pay a fixed amount on top of their rent for the gas).

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                        I think it was Tara who suggested being a taster. Thank you Tara. Feeling nicely toasty now and this is quickly turning into a day for the pub!

Good stuff, all the wuss's say jameson every damn time!

Comment

Had a meeting with the bank today and finally got my business account setup, if I could only find an accountant to get my tax & stuff sorted I'd be all good.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Maíria Cahill says she ‘wasn’t discussing teddybears’ in meeting with Gerry Adams
                            Where have all Gerry's defenders disappeared to?
                            I hope they can muster up one more big hearted effort to allow their leader to continue his oversize ego wankfest long enough for him to drag himself, MaryLou that evil creep from Dundalk and the rest of them out of the Dail and back into the sewers where they belong.
                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Yeah it's fantastic show. I listen to a lot of podcasts but nothing even comes close to the length of those shows. The series about the demise of the Roman republic capped with that 5 1/2 hour finale was just ridiculous.

The Mongols are absolutely amazing. I feel like we don't learn anywhere near as much about them as we should when you consider the absolute reign of destruction and conquest they wrought on East and Central Asia. I guess it's somewhat of a western bias as they didn't really touch continental Europe. But I now can't hear enough about those crazy Mongols.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                Where have all Gerry's defenders disappeared to?
                                I hope they can muster up one more big hearted effort to allow their leader to continue his oversize ego wankfest long enough for him to drag himself, MaryLou that evil creep from Dundalk and the rest of them out of the Dail and back into the sewers where they belong.
                                Who is the evil creep in Dundalk?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                  Who is the evil creep in Dundalk?
                                  I was conflating two different Shinners, that nefarious little runt with a moustache who talks like he is severely brain damaged. Arthur Morgan, he stood back to allow Gerry get in didn't he, and Dessie Ellis another real bad un.

I Kind of vaguely knew Ellis in a previous life before it was known he was a Provo.

Comment

Yeah it's fantastic show. I listen to a lot of podcasts but nothing even comes close to the length of those shows. The series about the demise of the Roman republic capped with that 5 1/2 hour finale was just ridiculous.

The Mongols are absolutely amazing. I feel like we don't learn anywhere near as much about them as we should when you consider the absolute reign of destruction and conquest they wrought on East and Central Asia. I guess it's somewhat of a western bias as they didn't really touch continental Europe. But I now can't hear enough about those crazy Mongols.
                                    One of the lads I was away working with last week is a very proud Kazakh and was raving about those podcasts. He takes great pleasure in telling us how vicious his ancestors were

Comment

Power play: Ronaldo to score anytime 15/8

Comment

Destruction? He is the most unsung environmentalist ever.
                                        Blogger is a blog publishing tool from Google for easily sharing your thoughts with the world. Blogger makes it simple to post text, photos and video onto your personal or team blog.

Comment

Would anyone care to take a stab at providing tactical advice for this?

Rules:
                                          - 5 a side games of 10 minutes.
                                          - Goals only
                                          - 2 girls on the pitch at all times
                                          - Girls score is worth triple points
                                          - Minimum of 7 players (including 3 girls)
                                          - Ball can be picked cleanly off the ground
                                          - Person in possession can only be tackled/shadowed by one opponent
                                          - Substitutes are unlimited & interchangeable from a maximum squad of
                                          - Goalkeeper can restart game with kick from the hand

Comment

Where do ye ginseng advocates procure the mighty stuff?

Comment

Thanks for the input on the work situation. I read all posts but did not want to log in while at work.

Iphone 5s -16gb - Brand new if anyone has an interest pm me
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Are you on a gap year in Dublin? Seems like the longest break a fellow Irish person has ever taken in the city.

Originally posted by ITT-Pat View Post
                                                Would anyone care to take a stab at providing tactical advice for this?

Rules:
                                                - 5 a side games of 10 minutes.
                                                - Goals only
                                                - 2 girls on the pitch at all times
                                                - Girls score is worth triple points
                                                - Minimum of 7 players (including 3 girls)
                                                - Ball can be picked cleanly off the ground
                                                - Person in possession can only be tackled/shadowed by one opponent
                                                - Substitutes are unlimited & interchangeable from a maximum squad of
                                                - Goalkeeper can restart game with kick from the hand
                                                Dress up as a lady.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                  Are you on a gap year in Dublin? Seems like the longest break a fellow Irish person has ever taken in the city.
                                                  I came up last Friday for the IPO, girlfriend came up on Monday night for a few nights. Going to a small gig in the academy tomorrow night and home Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                    Any health food shop would carry it. Probably also anywhere you can buy vitamin supplements etc.
                                                    "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                      Got mine on amazon

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                        Power play: Ronaldo to score anytime 15/8
                                                        Real power play: Ronaldo to score everytime 16/7

Comment

First time looking forward to a Liverpool game for a while. Pub has Sky on so shoukdshould be interesting to see some unbiased opinions at half time.

Comment

Any links for Liverpool game?

Comment

Glen Johnson versus Ronaldo. I'm going to enjoy this.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                Any health food shop would carry it. Probably also anywhere you can buy vitamin supplements etc.
                                                                Sure to be a rip off though.

Comment

Got a jar of korma sauce in the shop. Chicken fillets are in the oven.

What do I do to combine the two?
                                                                  Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

ugh this is brutal, could be any score
                                                                      People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                      Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                      https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Can they bring on Didi?
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

raging to have missed that Ronaldo bet, not over yet obv, but raging. What was the max bet?
                                                                          no idea, i just got £25 on.

edit:hadn't realised there was another special earlier, but got 25 on mine
                                                                          Last edited by shrapnel; 22-10-14, 19:38.

Comment

raging to have missed that Ronaldo bet, not over yet obv, but raging. What was the max bet?
                                                                            Same. I was just gonna bet on what FD posted in the betting thread earlier. Fucking bookies across from hotel was closed and no funds online. The scoreline is helping to ease the pain though. HalaMadrid

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                              Can they bring on Didi?

They've enough tits out there.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                ugh this is brutal, could be any score
                                                                                That looked like the punch killed him and kick to the face turned him into a zombie.

Comment

Am curious about the max too, I have never bet on their power play thing. Had to be worth a monkey of anyone's money if they would take it.

Just stuck a ton on Real to win the 2nd half @ 11/10. Ronaldo likes to score, he is 1 off Raul's European record, and Liverpool are well and truly beaten, like a whimpering dog. Easy money.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                    That looked like the punch killed him and kick to the face turned him into a zombie.
                                                                                    He still has the presence of mind to look up at the clock pondering how he could have played it different.

Comment

[QUOTE=DeadParrot;850023]ugh this is brutal, could be any score

Thought it would be a bit tighter than this. 2 terrible goals to give away. Result probably not that important as Madrid probably gonna sweep the group anyway so arguably the other game result is more important. I'd be a bit nervous of the reverse fixture in 2 weeks though. Can't really slag as they'd probably stick a half dozen past us at the moment too!

Comment

we got dis

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                          Am curious about the max too, I have never bet on their power play thing. Had to be worth a monkey of anyone's money if they would take it.

Just stuck a ton on Real to win the 2nd half @ 11/10. Ronaldo likes to score, he is 1 off Raul's European record, and Liverpool are well and truly beaten, like a whimpering dog. Easy money.
                                                                                          Barca match at the weekend might see a few hauled off at the hour mark?

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                            Got a jar of korma sauce in the shop. Chicken fillets are in the oven.

What do I do to combine the two?
                                                                                            god damn BBV never delivers

so I chopped up the chicken fillets and some broccoli and put them in a pot. Then I added the korma sauce and put the pot over a high heat. The sauce started bubbling so I turned the heat down. When it seemed like a right amount of time had passed I put it on a plate.
                                                                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Barca match at the weekend might see a few hauled off at the hour mark?
                                                                                              This is true. Ronaldo's not playing that well, take him off and replace him with the mascot imo.

Comment

so I chopped up the chicken fillets and some broccoli and put them in a pot. Then I added the korma sauce and put the pot over a high heat. The sauce started bubbling so I turned the heat down. When it seemed like a right amount of time had passed I put it on a plate.
                                                                                                You should have your own cooking show, or at least a segment on some other show for starters.

Comment

tra la la la laaaaaaa

Comment

next time boil the chicken doesnt take long, maybe 10 mins. Its lovely and tender, throw onions, mushrooms, peppers whatever in a pot fry them off, add the korma and a tin of chopped tomatoes and the chicken and just heat up. done thats it!
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Any pictures of the end product?

Poo obv
                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Wow Arsenal, get out of jail or what after a shocking performance

Comment

@ Hotspur: What did you think of Our Few and Evil Days?

Went to the matinee today, found it immensely powerful, still can't get the final scene out of my head. Really top notch performances.

Only irritant was a group of fuckwits behind me who laughed and giggled through the whole performance.

Comment

Clearly this is sue-able, but how much money is Mario likely to have?
                                                                                                              Well if he dyed your beard ginger then that is definitely a suable offence, and an honour killing in some cultures.

Also, Ronaldo is some choker, choking on the biggest stage of all - when I've a few quid on him. For shame.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                Wow Arsenal, get out of jail or what after a shocking performance
                                                                                                                Thank fuck. Had Arsenal in my accumulator that just came in

Also what did you think of Pokerstars new show Sharkcage.

Comment

HalaMadrid. Some comeback by Arsenal too. Two cracking finishes, especially Gibbs' goal

Comment

The Wednesday night one of Arsenal, Atletico and Real actually looks really decent.
                                                                                                                    Luuuuv that. Can't beat two late goals to win a bet.
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                                                      Thank fuck. Had Arsenal in my accumulator that just came in

Also what did you think of Pokerstars new show Sharkcage.
                                                                                                                      Sharkcage is the biggest heap of shit i've ever had the misfortune to lay my eyes on. Absolute drivel. I've nothing good to say about it at all!

Comment

HalaMadrid. Some comeback by Arsenal too. Two cracking finishes, especially Gibbs' goal
                                                                                                                        Ya very good finish from Gibbs. Way harder than it looks those finishes.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                        Any pictures of the end product?

Poo obv
                                                                                                                        I foresaw this so I do actually. Any easy way to post from phone? Will post from laptop later
                                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I'm going to watch the All Ireland football final again just to cheer me up !!

Different class tonight.

I reckon Rodgers will be gone by xmas 2015. He will get the rest of this season and be found out early next year. Hope someone quotes this and LOLs at me later but I fear not.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X