X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
      Great budget for Irish Racing Industry. An extra €6m committed to the Racing and Greyhound fund in each of the next 3 years (which presumably gives multi year commitment on budget which has thus far been lacking). Also €5m granted to HRI for a capital investment fund for Irish Racehorses of which the large part will surely go to The Curragh racecourse.

About time that industry got some taxpayer support!

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Fuck all that bollox. What about the price of a pint?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
            wow, huge dirt change there - no dirt on any interest if saving for 20% deposit on house
            Right, what does this mean? I'm a monkey with this stuff. But me and the bird will have 20% of a deposit saved for a house by March/April next year (In our price range anyway)

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                Fuck all that bollox. What about the price of a pint?
                No increase on booze. 40c on a pack of fags. Glad I'm on the vape now
                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

edit: that can't be right.
                      Last edited by Denny Crane; 14-10-14, 14:23.

Comment

Comment

It will have no effect on you, essentially. These will be special savings accounts that haven't yet been set up.
                          I thought it was a refund on the purchase? Either way seems like a lot of paperwork for what's going to be a fairly insignificant amount at the current rates.

Comment

oh maybe not, maybe its vastly better (except for my poor bro who bought a house last week). Apparently its:
                            Grand. I assume we can set up new 'special account' and empty it in?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                A 20 a day habit costs 8k a year? Makes smoking seem even more insane.
                                €3650 innit? €10 x 365

Comment

Comment

8k? how ya manage to get to that?
                                    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                      €3650 innit? €10 x 365
                                      yeah, dunno who was doing the maths on that!

Comment

Comment

Comment

Dec 20th is the IPB Social Welfare Christmas Bonus Drinks Event, put it in your diary.
                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Comment

The more they lump on the fags the better. Keep me motivated to staying off them.

Hope they don't touch the pints. We're up to almost a fiver down in Killarney now which is high enough.

Comment

Non social welfare claimants are welcome along on the night as designated drivers.

Comment

I'll provide the venue and the drinks for the non horse head elite, regular fellas ipb Christmas party

Comment

Comment

really just funking that Noonan stays alive long enough into the speech to announce the income tax cuts. He's seems to be dying of flu/old age.
                                                        He has some sort of a dose of cancer as well.
                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Comment

any websites up yet where you put in your annual salary and it tells you how much extra in your pocket each week?

when do these changes come in (childrens allowance not til Jan)?

@Hitch, what will USC changes mean to ordinary Joe Soap on less than 70K?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                  any websites up yet where you put in your annual salary and it tells you how much extra in your pocket each week?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post

This should be updated soon

Industry insights and audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk management, and tax services from Deloitte's global network of member firms.

Comment

thats last years calculator
                                                                        They should hurry up so.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                          Lads I have to do work experience to top off this H.Dip I'm doing in Computer Science, have to do 4-6 months placement in a company.
                                                                          Thus far, the careers coordinator has given us a choice of pretty awful workplaces, mainly in Wexico, and the job description may as well be photocopier.

Any IPBers want to hire a lacky?

Strewel? I can make/collect coffee?

PM me if you want to know my module choice and results so far.
                                                                          Andy/DP/Mocata/RichieM?
                                                                          Dude, you'd be doing well to be photocopier in my place.
                                                                          but have a gander here, http://www.vodafone.ie/graduateopportunities
                                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

€70k 8% USC rate. Think its now 11% for self-employed over €100k.
                                                                            self employed get fucked again
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                              self employed get fucked again
                                                                              Thinly veiled 'I earn over €100k'

Comment

...
                                                                                Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 14-10-14, 16:48.

Comment

apart from the fact you can tax-deduct a huge amount of things that PAYE can't. E.g. travelling to work and business attire.
                                                                                  Except they can't

Comment

I think everyone that opens a new thread to sell their ipo ticket should be banned
                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...

Comment

rekt

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach
                                                                                          Thinly veiled 'I earn over €100k'
                                                                                          Not in that bracket unfortunately, but 11% is a whopper of a lump out.

apart from the fact you can tax-deduct a huge amount of things that PAYE can't. E.g. travelling to work and business attire.

EDIT: although you don't get most of the social benefits that USC is meant to cover, such as unemployment benefit, so its a bit of a shit way to collect the tax
                                                                                          Yeah, if my end went tits up tomorrow, I've no stamps for the scratch etc

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                          Except they can't
                                                                                          yep.
                                                                                          Even as something as simple writing off a night in a hotel when travelling for work or when doing an overnight deployment is a pain in the arse.
                                                                                          The amount of things I thought I could claim for vs the amount of things I can are vastly and cruelly different

Comment

Anything about the HEA budget Hitch, or lifting the poxy Employment Control Framework? #needajob

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              fireworks in the Dail

It's a fine Irish tradition to get fucked out of the chamber on budget day. Deflects attention from by-election disaster too. wp MLMacD imo.
                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Obviously not in the class of spreading the rumour that your opponent fucks pigs.
                                                                                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

C'mon Ireland football club we're the best team we'll win the cup every time. lalala.

Comment

really? thought they can all be deducted through a company structure before you declare your self-employed income. might have to have a word with my dad's dodgy accountant if that's not the case.
                                                                                                    Google the Revenue Contractor's Project. It's Revenue's latest phase of targeted Audits, is about as lucrative as they've ever had and pretty much tackles exactly this.

Comment

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
                                                                                                      C'mon Ireland football club we're the best team we'll win the cup every time. lalala.
                                                                                                      O'Neill is supposed to be adept at these sorts of challenges. I'll be very disappointed if we don't hang around at least. Fuck Germany anyway, arrogant bastards. Eleven Irishmen in green jersies. I believe in miracles.
                                                                                                      "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ton up for Ferrrybanks finest tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                          O'Neill is supposed to be adept at these sorts of challenges. I'll be very disappointed if we don't hang around at least. Fuck Germany anyway, arrogant bastards. Eleven Irishmen in green jersies. I believe in miracles.
                                                                                                          I'd be confident if our backline wasn't so bad and McCarthy was fit.

Keane will get them up for this though. Time for his influence to show hopefully.

Confident of putting up a fight that is. Alot stranger things have happened.

Comment

Well, fuck that.

Forde, Meyler, O’Shea, Wilson, Ward, McGeady, Whelan, Quinn, McClean, Walters, Keane.

Comment

Fuck me, our back five is grim.

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyLloyd View Post
                                                                                                                Yeah, Kroos really did his homework on the opponents too

Comment

"clear eyes, full heart, can't lose"
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

The international breaks are a lot more bareable with the games spread over 6 days. Wp UEFA.

Comment

Watching RTE 2, seems like Germany are rustled.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                                      Not in that bracket unfortunately, but 11% is a whopper of a lump out.

Yeah, if my end went tits up tomorrow, I've no stamps for the scratch etc

yep.
                                                                                                                      Even as something as simple writing off a night in a hotel when travelling for work or when doing an overnight deployment is a pain in the arse.
                                                                                                                      The amount of things I thought I could claim for vs the amount of things I can are vastly and cruelly different
                                                                                                                      That lad in the pub in chapo said he'd do your accounting?

Comment

German bench is in bits. Few tough tackles to be thrown about.

Comment

Lol at having any semblance of hope here. Our team is fairly abysmal, we're missing our only two lads playing at a decent standard at a high level in Coleman and McCarthy, this will be grim.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X