• Show
Clear All

IPB guess the baby competition lets go!

Comment

Part of the new price list for wetherspoons here:

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
        Doug old pal, why are people giving you money
        Because I am great? How much will I throw you down for?
        When I make you money I can pay Rigger back for you. Is the €5 interest a day still going?
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
          Because I am great? How much will I throw you down for?
          When I make you money I can pay Rigger back for you. Is the €5 interest a day still going?
          Alas rigger was paid a while back, I didn't really want to but I didn't get the reaction I was after so there was no fun

Comment

Alas rigger was paid a while back, I didn't really want to but I didn't get the reaction I was after so there was no fun
            He pulled his hair out.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

Wow, that's rest of the country prices there!
              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Clearly you don't understand the workings of bets and debts. You shouldn't get any further action from anyone here.

The juice is still running.
                Also, check-mate.
                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

@Sir Business, whats the craic with your birthday beer 2mrw, is many from here going?

Should be able to get in for a few early ones

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                    @Sir Business, whats the craic with your birthday beer 2mrw, is many from here going?

Should be able to get in for a few early ones
                    Yea mostly people from here. I don't know people from real life.

I know icarus and Chad will be there. Douglas and Zod may show. After that I have no idea who is considering popping in.
                    Have two tables at street level towards the back of the bar.
                    I'll warn them you may show so they get more staff in for serving.
                    Last edited by Lord Sir Banter; 03-10-14, 19:39.

Comment

It doesnt happen that often but when it does its great. When you laugh so much that the tears are streaming down your face, you are holding your legs together so badly as you feel you might piss yourself and you actually can hardly breath. well that was me and two other women in the office today!

Take into account that Johnston Press was sold to British advertising executive Malcolm Denmark of Iconic Newspapers a couple of months ago.

I went out on a break and I strolled back into the office and said :

" Ladies we need to talk" They all looked at me like I had two heads and stopped what they were doing.

" I have something to talk to you about and its very important. I have been keeping something from you all for the last two months. I am not really who you all think I am" all still staring saying nothing. " Have you ever seen a program called undercover boss girls?" " Malcolm met up with me last May to put a plan into action as the revenue wasnt as he expected it should be, so I have been planted here for the last two months to find out exactly what is going on and girls its not a pretty picture"

Ah jesus if you saw one of the girls faces it was fucking priceless , her jaw had actually dropped , the other girl was confused but not as shocked but nervously laughing.

I just couldnt go any longer and fell on the floor roaring laughing , Id say the other offices heard the whole lot and thought wtf. It was so funny you really would have had to be there to witness it. I havent laughed that long in yonks , was priceless lol
                      Her sky-ness
                      © 5starpool

Comment

Anyone looking for a sweat on Connacht Cardiff game on TG4 could do worse than having small bet on Robbie Henshaw to score first try at 19s. Henshaw hasn't been great going forward so far this season but he missed pre-season and will improve, starting tonight hopefully. Love Dave McSharry but Ronaldson is a better passer at 12, should give Henshaw a bit more time and against a defence weaker than the last two weeks of Leinster & Glasgow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                          Guess who is who?
                          SPOILER
                          I seem to be suffering from a blurry face
                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                          Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                          https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                            I seem to be suffering from a blurry face
                            That kinda sounds like a condition you might see in Theme Hospital.

Comment

Yuck.
                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                That kinda sounds like a condition you might see in Theme Hospital.

Comment

Best of luck to that British pub chain and their selling of Thatchers Gold in Ireland. If that works well they may be tempted to roll out Cromwell's Curb Stomp.

Comment

Bishops finger might cause a few flashbacks too if they sell it
                                    Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                    https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                                      At a wedding in Donegal on Saturday.

You've been searching hostelworld I take it? Shouldn't be too hard to find something going by reviews. Top places seem to be booked out alright.
                                      Where abouts was the wedding?

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Best of luck to that British pub chain and their selling of Thatchers Gold in Ireland. If that works well they may be tempted to roll out Cromwell's Curb Stomp.
                                      Thatcher's Gold is a lovely cider

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                        "perfection in equine form"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0nnZknQOPc
                                        Nice to come home to a reminder that there are good days too
                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                          We defo should have Autumn/Christmas drinks this year.
                                          We are, it's tomorrow.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                          Denny and Rigs on the right. Icarus on the leftish. Dunno who is on far left but Dave is definitely the one standing behind them in the long leather jacket.
                                          You coming? I hear you're small as well.

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                          Icky looks more like Wee Man everytime I see him
                                          Would you fuck off, DP looks more like the GoT lad and Weeman than I do.
                                          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                            Guess who is who?
                                            SPOILER
                                            Haha, statue was knocked over later that night, probably by the lad who got his jacket stolen by Hitch.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Obviously the boy comes from decent stock and has some pedigree behind him, but ignoring all that, this would not sound too out of place in a sun recording studio circa 1962.

http://www.aux.tv/newmusic/music-news/see-justin-townes-earle-make-his-late-night-debut/
                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post

this be everybody

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Sir Business View Post
                                                  Yea mostly people from here. I don't know people from real life.

I know icarus and Chad will be there. Douglas and Zod may show. After that I have no idea who is considering popping in.
                                                  Have two tables at street level towards the back of the bar.
                                                  I'll warm them you may show so they get more staff in for serving.
                                                  I'll be there for a couple. Am on call so have to take it ez. See ye tomorrow.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Anyone watching the Connacht match? Seems evenly matched so far, Connacht have the edge in the scrum, Cardiff's backs maybe looking more lively. Got some dough on the men from the west to add a slight financial sweat to the usual emotional one.

Comment

Anyone watching the Connacht match? Seems evenly matched so far, Connacht have the edge in the scrum, Cardiff's backs maybe looking more lively. Got some dough on the men from the west to add a slight financial sweat to the usual emotional one.
                                                      Poor game from two poro sides.
                                                      Im sure after all the rain ball is like soap.
                                                      Shocking naieve running ball from own half giving away 3 points when had a penalty.
                                                      Missing one up tackles nad line out poor.
                                                      Scrum very good all to play for dunno who has the wind.
                                                      With Pratchells big boots fancy Cardiff to sneak it even if bookies have them @6/4

Comment

Tbf, Kopparberg for 2.95 in a pub is a steal.

What is that EFES like? Saw Turks drinking it before.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Have it on in the background, great stuff from Marmion. He'll surely get more caps based on current form. Just home from a few days in Galway. Disappointed to not have another day and take in the game. Pat Lam was having dinner next to myself and the gf in Vina Mara on Wednesday. Seems like a top bloke.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Had it in Turkey and thought it was nice, but it was 36 C and had been walking for 2 hours, so cold cat piss would probably have been nice.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                              I'll be there for a couple. Am on call so have to take it ez. See ye tomorrow.
                                                              Yay, Eoin McLove. Wear a knitted jumper.

Comment

Can Anybody do me a favour and swap 20 on boyles for some stars to play the deep stack...

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post

Yeah it's like the same price in the off licence.

Comment

Comment

Redic stuff should have won by a huge score blocked down drop coul have gone anywhere.
                                                                      As bad a two points have ever seen them get.
                                                                      Warburton was anonymous from lions captain to gash.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                        Redic stuff should have won by a huge score blocked down drop coul have gone anywhere.
                                                                        As bad a two points have ever seen them get.
                                                                        Warburton was anonymous from lions captain to gash.
                                                                        Was at game. Definitely should have won, very tilted, especially cos really fancied henshaw to get a try tonight so had a score at 19s for first try (posted that it was value before game on here), got second one, very annoying. Was happy enough to forget about bet but then we gifted Cardiff a draw to tilt me again. To be fair tho, Cardiff should have been well clear at half time.

By the way, calling them two poor sides is a ridiculous statement considering one of them was good enough to beat a Leinster side with 14 internationals and started with a backline which has an average age of 22 or so.

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
                                                                          Was at game. Definitely should have won, very tilted, especially cos really fancied henshaw to get a try tonight so had a score at 19s for first try (posted that it was value before game on here), got second one, very annoying. Was happy enough to forget about bet but then we gifted Cardiff a draw to tilt me again. To be fair tho, Cardiff should have been well clear at half time.

By the way, calling them two poor sides is a ridiculous statement considering one of them was good enough to beat a Leinster side with 14 internationals and started with a backline which has an average age of 22 or so.
                                                                          Connacht luck boxed a win against leinster.
                                                                          Were 14 points up against a gutless cardiff side and couldnt finish them off thats poor.
                                                                          Cardiffs passing to feet to no one was god awful missing kicks to touch.Navidi was good when he came on
                                                                          Neither of these teams will be top 6 when the league is over.
                                                                          Obv hope im wrong but a good team slays Cardiff here all day long.
                                                                          Need move on from beating Leinster if letting jokers like this grab a draw from defeat.

Comment

They're just a little naive at times. Talent is there for sure, just a bit raw. Mils Muliaina should be back from injury soon too. I really hope they hold it together, finish high up and make the Champions Cup.

Comment

Saw that Alan Henning has been beheaded.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickpuppy View Post
                                                                                Connacht luck boxed a win against leinster.
                                                                                Were 14 points up against a gutless cardiff side and couldnt finish them off thats poor.
                                                                                Cardiffs passing to feet to no one was god awful missing kicks to touch.Navidi was good when he came on
                                                                                Neither of these teams will be top 6 when the league is over.
                                                                                Obv hope im wrong but a good team slays Cardiff here all day long.
                                                                                Need move on from beating Leinster if letting jokers like this grab a draw from defeat.
                                                                                Definitely should have won but mistakes will be made, it's a long season. Conn,lineout was poor (2 hookers injured, our hooker is a converted flanker from a season ago).

Should have taken penalties to go 17 points up, too ambitious, Muldoon should know better. Cardiff were 7th last season, they're not a bad side but made alot of errors tonight.

Entirely disagree with your viewpoint that connacht luckboxed a win against leinster and not sure if you watched the game or not but whatever.

Three wins, a draw & a tighter than scoreline suggests loss away against glasgow (chasing two bonus points when they get an intercept try) from the first five games is a very good start to season. Especially with Bundee Aki & McCartney to arrive and Mils coming back.

Scrum is very good, lineout should improve in the next couple of weeks with Harris Wright back & McCartney arrival. Marmion is the form no. 9 in Ireland. Very young backline that will get better with Aki, Mils & more experience. Connacht will be in top 6.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                  Saw that Alan Henning has been beheaded.
                                                                                  This whole situation shows you how stupid people are and how governments constantly act idiotically. ISIS are clearly deliberately provoking the west into attacking them; its a good rule of thumb to not do EXACTLY what your enemy is trying to get you to do. Obviously it is a tragedy for the people involved, but that doesn't justify an enourmous counter productive waste of lives and resources.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                                                    This whole situation shows you how stupid people are and how governments constantly act idiotically. ISIS are clearly deliberately provoking the west into attacking them; its a good rule of thumb to not do EXACTLY what your enemy is trying to get you to do. Obviously it is a tragedy for the people involved, but that doesn't justify an enourmous counter productive waste of lives and resources.
                                                                                    If they want war give them war.

Comment

As soon as we sort out our oil problem the middle East will be wiped off the face of the earth

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                        My line of thought when it comes to our caravan dwelling friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                          As soon as we sort out our oil problem the middle East will be wiped off the face of the earth
                                                                                          Nuke the whole lot (sorry Gholi),

Comment

Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                              Its not going to be anytime soon though.

Comment

Was talking to the 18 yo brother today. He mentioned he started vaping. We'd both be massively anti-smoking, so I'd be confident in saying he's never smoked or even considered smoking cigarettes. I basically said to him that smoking an ecig 'for fun' is retarded as the health hazards are effectively unknown. He said they're fine - he read an article that said they're FDA approved, there's no nicotine etc.

I know it's been a much discussed topic here recently, so would anyone be kind enough to link me to a well substantiated article. Basically looking for something objective that points out that the ecig is still an unknown quantity and smoking an ecig when you're not trying to give up cigarettes is just a terrible idea.
                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Why?
                                                                                                  The nature of the provocation and containing the scale of the conflict (given its inevitability) as well as a lack of a viable alternative.

Comment

Ecigs would be a bit pointless without nicotine! That should be a hint that whatever he was reading is nonsense.

Comment

Hubby fucked off to Liverpool for the weekend with his buddies, three of them like eejits looking for The Tavern ( beatles bar) eh cavern no? lol
                                                                                                      Her sky-ness
                                                                                                      © 5starpool

Comment

Sliderobes came by today and quoted 5k for a wardrobe for the bedroom. lolwut? Doesn't even include pulling out the old one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                          Was talking to the 18 yo brother today. He mentioned he started vaping. We'd both be massively anti-smoking, so I'd be confident in saying he's never smoked or even considered smoking cigarettes. I basically said to him that smoking an ecig 'for fun' is retarded as the health hazards are effectively unknown. He said they're fine - he read an article that said they're FDA approved, there's no nicotine etc.

I know it's been a much discussed topic here recently, so would anyone be kind enough to link me to a well substantiated article. Basically looking for something objective that points out that the ecig is still an unknown quantity and smoking an ecig when you're not trying to give up cigarettes is just a terrible idea.
                                                                                                          currently vaping 18mgs of nicotine, upon purchase you have the option of:

24mg
                                                                                                          18mg
                                                                                                          12mg
                                                                                                          6mg
                                                                                                          zero mg

I reckon without doubt there is nicotine in his as a zero nicotine is kind of the rarest especially if shop bought as opposed to online
                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

The nature of the provocation and containing the scale of the conflict (given its inevitability) as well as a lack of a viable alternative.
                                                                                                            There are almost an infinite amount of viable alternatives. The option they have chose, is the one chosen for them by ISIS. Roughly ISIS figure they stand to gain much more than they will lose by inciting the west. We are reacting like a thirteen year old kid in a playground.

Comment

How do you defeat a dispersed, highly motivated, well armed, well funded, well supported enemy? Any attack by western or Shi'a countries will only escalate the problem. Best we can hope is to contain them and hope the collapse themselves. Won't ever bomb them into defeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                currently vaping 18mgs of nicotine, upon purchase you have the option of:

24mg
                                                                                                                18mg
                                                                                                                12mg
                                                                                                                6mg
                                                                                                                zero mg

I reckon without doubt there is nicotine in his as a zero nicotine is kind of the rarest especially if shop bought as opposed to online
                                                                                                                yeah, tbh I didn't really care about the nicotine/no nicotine argument. If vaping is the alternative to smoking 20 a day, I think it's well worth the risk, but if it's a case of taking up vaping having never been a smoker, there's just no sense in that.
                                                                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

There are almost an infinite amount of viable alternatives. The option they have chose, is the one chosen for them by ISIS. Roughly ISIS figure they stand to gain much more than they will lose by inciting the west. We are reacting like a thirteen year old kid in a playground.
                                                                                                                  Outline some of the infinite alternatives? I do not see how there cannot be full blown conflict between millitant Islam and the west.

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                    yeah, tbh I didn't really care about the nicotine/no nicotine argument. If vaping is the alternative to smoking 20 a day, I think it's well worth the risk, but if it's a case of taking up vaping having never been a smoker, there's just no sense in that.
                                                                                                                    yeah its a strange one alright. Maybe vaping is the new cool thing to do and in teenagers eyes its now classed as a good thing and harmless etc. when me and colm went to Warsaw last xmas there was loads of teenagers in a shopping centre sitting in a corner on the floor vaping away.

The problem is if he is taking in nicotine and an ecig is not available I think he may grab a fag to solve that so personally I dont think its a good idea.
                                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                      Hubby fucked off to Liverpool for the weekend with his buddies, three of them like eejits looking for The Tavern ( beatles bar) eh cavern no? lol
                                                                                                                      There are two of them now, across the street from each other. One is the Cavern Club (the one he's probably looking for), one the Cavern Pub, both quite similar though. They are on Mathew Street but he should find it easily if he asks anyone. Good city for boozing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                        How do you defeat a dispersed, highly motivated, well armed, well funded, well supported enemy? Any attack by western or Shi'a countries will only escalate the problem. Best we can hope is to contain them and hope the collapse themselves. Won't ever bomb them into defeat.
                                                                                                                        I don't know. History suggests it would be extremely difficult. I Don't know if sitting on it, as you have outlined, is an option though.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                          There are two of them now, across the street from each other. One is the Cavern Club (the one he's probably looking for), one the Cavern Pub, both quite similar though. They are on Mathew Street but he should find it easily if he asks anyone. Good city for boozing in.
                                                                                                                          up to last night he wasnt going after the stint in hospital. His 2 best friend are lethal when out on the booze and the poor fucker was worrying big time about his health , I suggested getting grub late and then drink around 9pm as opposed to 5pm and take it handy but as I said to him " ah jesus I cant talk and I wouldnt be able to take it easy" lol He asked me should he not bother going but fuck it after paying for his flight already in May and also hasnt seen his best buddies in yonks , I suggested he should go but take it easy . But i know my man. He will be in bits come sunday.
                                                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X