This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
    'Extended family', pshaw! it's his parents. He just won't admit it.
    It isn't Icky.

Waterford is full of pikeys though. You can't deny it.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
      It isn't Icky.

Waterford is full of pikeys though. You can't deny it.
      Just realised with the time difference, I'll have to become a member of the night crew. Wheres me application form chadley?
      No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
        Just realised with the time difference, I'll have to become a member of the night crew. Wheres me application form chadley?
        I pm'd Lottie about your upcoming availability. He should be in touch by the weekend.

You will pass the interview handily.

Comment

Yeah, you'll be grand, I'll put in a word for you as well.
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
            So do people like that they had children?
            I'm sure it's nice in the end? Seems like hell in-between with a few high points that takes a huge chunk of your adult life? I'm sure I'll um understand if I have any. /Sticks with being a cat lady

Is more joy than misery what people really aspire to? Sounds grim, made teh 50% cut-off phew. Cut out unnecessary misery to attain joy imo.
            Whats the question ? Do parents like that they had children ? In the end i am sure the vast majority do.

Its far from hell inbetween, first few years of shitty nappies, school..homework and boom they are gone.

Im sure hotspur will jump in with a reason why we care more about our children than our parents cared about us

We are ants, it is our job to reproduce the ant...if you can be happy most days you are doing it, excellent. you are winning.
            This too shall pass.

Comment

If everyone on IPB was on an airplane that crashed in the Andes, who would you eat first?
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

If everyone on IPB was on an airplane that crashed in the Andes, who would you eat first?
                I assume gab is 90% steak at this stage?
                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

GAB, well done.

Comment

GAB, well done.
                    There's no well to cook over up the Andes?
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                      And expensive wines.
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

I was so drunk last night i found that hilarious.
                        This too shall pass.

Comment

RasTa will build us one. Be grand.

Then cook him with mushrooms and toast.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                            Whats the question ? Do parents like that they had children ? In the end i am sure the vast majority do.

Its far from hell inbetween, first few years of shitty nappies, school..homework and boom they are gone.

Im sure hotspur will jump in with a reason why we care more about our children than our parents cared about us

We are ants, it is our job to reproduce the ant...if you can be happy most days you are doing it, excellent. you are winning.
                            That's pretty interesting and i'd like to hear more on this matter, hotspur you are up.

Yeah but he eats corn fed??

I'd have to go with a more organic customer, RDIII? Or maybe Hitch and I could get drunk too while eating him? Not much meat on the bone though.

Comment

MSN....shifty eyes...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

RasTa will build us one. Be grand.

Then cook him with mushrooms and toast.
                                Heard mushrooms on toast is expensive.

We could complain and refuse to pay for it ldo
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Mushrooms are great
                                  airport, lol

Comment

MSN....shifty eyes...
                                    Would the toxins in her forehead not poison us all?

And what about the silicon?
                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Why would we all be on the same plane?

Comment

Would the toxins in her forehead not poison us all?

And what about the silicon?
                                        Oh, that kind of eat...
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Why would we all be on the same plane?
                                          Riggs has won the Euro Millions and decided to take us all to Vegas for the weekend.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                            Riggs has won the Euro Millions and decided to take us all to Vegas for the weekend.

Opr
                                            That would be one shit pilot then tbf!
                                            No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

I'd eat Pasta.
                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                I'd eat Pasta.
                                                Shouldent you be sleep depraved and covered in poo and breastmilk ?
                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

I'd eat Pasta.
                                                  i forgot how great your avatar is
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Watched Alive a couple of weeks ago.

Bet they were all wishing your man Nando would die.

'Hey, who's arse is that hombre?'

'Nando's man, Nando's'

Comment

Add Droitwich Activity Site to your Stag Do in Birmingham. Build your own Birmingham Stag Weekend, by choosing from 100's of reviewed and rated products online including Droitwich Activity Site . View live prices online instantly and build your own custom stag do package, then share with your friends. 160,000 customers a year!

Lads..... I think this is an absolute must!!
                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        i forgot how great your avatar is
                                                        I only wish I was able to eat it.

Maybe Rigs will make me another one.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                          Thinking about this joke way too long and still don't quite get it, even as a double entendre it doesn't work unless I miss the point.

Comment

Thinking about this joke way too long and still don't quite get it, even as a double entendre it doesn't work unless I miss the point.
                                                            You know the expression eat out applies to more than a meal in a restaurant right?
                                                            airport, lol

Comment

I've not watched a series in a while since Sopranos, The Wire and Breaking Bad.

I'm not really a fan of political stuff so not sure if the likes of Homeland, Boss, West Wing, House of Cards etc are for me. Does Boardwalk Empire fall into that category?

If it does, what's best between Entourage, Californication, Southland or something else on a drugs/gang/mafia theme.

Comment

You know the expression eat out applies to more than a meal in a restaurant right?
                                                                Of course... Applied that to the joke, but it still doesn't work. Meh - I am probably overanalysing it.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

I'm not really a fan of political stuff so not sure if the likes of Homeland, Boss, West Wing, House of Cards etc are for me. Does Boardwalk Empire fall into that category?

If it does, what's best between Entourage, Californication, Southland or something else on a drugs/gang/mafia theme.
                                                                  Broadwalk is more sopranos so should be up your alley really.

Southland is best of the rest really.

Comment

@ Micknail and Hectorjelly

I picked up a wifi range extender today in Right Click on Dawson St.

It works a dream.

It's a D-link DAP1320 (€49.99)

The plug ones mentioned don't suit me as the upstairs sockets are on a different circuit to the downstairs. You can find this out by checking your fuse box. If you've seperate switches for upstairs and downstairs sockets they're no use to you.*

My issue was a poor signal in the sitting room as it's an L shape house and the router is at the farthest point away.

This is a single plug in device, you plug it in to a wall socket and it beams your signal further on.

I've now got triple the speed in the living room.

Great little yoke.

*edit, obv only if your router and your problem area are on different floors
                                                                    Last edited by Lazare; 04-09-14, 23:33.

Comment

Entourage is class, but not in the same catagory as sopranos etc, easy going drama, hangover tv.

Southland is a class cop show. As is the Shield, get both watched. Never seen californication I'm afraid.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Boardwalk Empire FTW

Comment

Yeah Tony, get into Boardwalk pronto.

Comment

Boardwalk is class but most find it a but hard at beginning to get into, myself included, very worth it though.

I think I'd flip a coin between Southland and Boardwalk if I were you, watch whatever loses second and The Shield will be waiting for you when you get through that lot
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Actually Boardwalk pisses all over southland.
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Entourage is a must watch.
                                                                                Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Vikings.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

@ Micknail and Hectorjelly

I picked up a wifi range extender today in Right Click on Dawson St.

It works a dream.

It's a D-link DAP1320 (€49.99)

The plug ones mentioned don't suit me as the upstairs sockets are on a different circuit to the downstairs. You can find this out by checking your fuse box. If you've seperate switches for upstairs and downstairs sockets they're no use to you.*

My issue was a poor signal in the sitting room as it's an L shape house and the router is at the farthest point away.

This is a single plug in device, you plug it in to a wall socket and it beams your signal further on.

I've now got triple the speed in the living room.

Great little yoke.

*edit, obv only if your router and your problem area are on different floors

Looks like I paid a bit over the odds, half that price on Amazon.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                                                      That's pretty interesting and i'd like to hear more on this matter, hotspur you are up.
                                                                                      Pretty clear we are in an age of the cult of the child.

Pre-Bowlby it wasn't thought that it much mattered what conditions children were brought up in, and to be seen and not heard, good clip around the ear etc. was the order of the day.

It's okay you're in California now, you don't get this kind of humour anymore. Btw the joke does work and is indeed based on a double entendre. What may be throwing you is that it's a really bad joke.

Comment

Shouldent you be sleep depraved and covered in poo and breastmilk ?
                                                                                        Lol, had a couple of power naps earlier. I'm sitting up with her for as long as I can so the missus can get a bit of kip.

She projectile vomited all over me a couple of hours ago, that was fun.

Mad, not a bother on her before or after, just sitting there looking at me, had her in my arms then Bleuggh, hot spray of puke all over me. Then back to sitting there all calm.

I feel like I'm about to die when I puke, it terrifies me.

Comment

Have you watched Sons of Anarchy Flushdraw? If you like gang stuff and violence you will like that. Of course if you haven't seen Oz you should be raped in a shower. And if you haven't that last comment might seem a little off.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                            Have you watched Sons of Anarchy Flushdraw? If you like gang stuff and violence you will like that. Of course if you haven't seen Oz you should be raped in a shower. And if you haven't that last comment might seem a little off.
                                                                                            Nope, never watched SOA but had a look at wiki and it looks like it could be my thing. I used to watch Oz on TG4 every Thursday night about 10-12 years ago! Genius stuff. Cheers for the other comments too lads. Looks like a flip between the the above, Boardwalk Empire and Entourage up first.

Comment

I couldn't get into Sons of Anarchy at all, I didn't give it more than two eps. Just found every character dislikeable, I think I need to be rooting for someone.

Though, I like House of Cards and that's full of wankers, so meh I dunno.

Should I give SoA another spin?

Comment

Off to bed but bulling since early afternoon. I have a running prescription and between the twirls and the reals it was out by a month, i needed a new 6 month one, same pharmacist, same one for the last 18 months. not a big jobbie for me, get another 6 month script ...dude told me he would do me a favour by giving me an emergency supply, 5 days to get me over the weekend, the 5 days was 20% more than i pay for 30 days.

i questioned his cost, he told me dispensing fee..that what keeps the lights on he called it, was , then when i asked for a receipt, a detailed receipt of what i was giving him money for he told me it cant be broken down, its computerised.

In the end he called the extra fee a pharmacist intervention fee, just to speak to me...the same adds on the radio telling people go to a chemist first me arse.

I will never darken the doorstep of a Maccabes shop again. if it means paying more i would pay double so they wont get my money.

Look at the amount of chemist shops opened since dereg, its all well and good for someone to get a script once every 6 months when they are crook and it comes to 42.50..who questions that ?
                                                                                                This too shall pass.

Comment

[QUOTE=hotspur;834084]Pretty clear we are in an age of the cult of the child.

/QUOTE]

Really ?

I was tongue in cheek somewhat, doesn't every parent love their child more than their parents loved them ? In an somewhat imagined childhood that we all have either had or wished we had ?
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

I couldn't get into Sons of Anarchy at all, I didn't give it more than two eps. Just found every character dislikeable, I think I need to be rooting for someone.

Vikings, SOA is meah and OZ...narnia homo.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Seen SoA myself for 5 seasons. I like it myself but it does have some ridiculous storylines and characters. Its not for everyone and I don't really like recommending it as I don't take it seriously and that is the key to enjoying it. I think TaylorD is into it also.

Another one I enjoy purely as a piece of fluff is Supernational, think it is a very underrated show.

Comment

It depends, is it the kind of thing you ought to like? Because it is good, is very, very good at times, a bit dodgy at other times. You know, in a way Sons of Anarchy is a lot like parenting. In fact parenting and a young baby is at the heart of a lot storylines. Wouldn't be Zuutroy's cup of tea now

Comment

Sons Of Anarchy is class and is defo up your street Tony going by what else you like. Boardwalk is very very slow to get going, I struggled through season 1 and haven't got around to going back to it, although I will because everyone wanks over it so much.

SOA is worth another go Lazare, once you get to know the characters they're all likeable.
                                                                                                          I'm rewatching it with the missus at the moment.
                                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah its a fair bit of hassle. Chart below isn't quite life satisfaction, but more marital satisfaction - but does show a fairly downward trend for the next few years. Still age 60 onwards looks rather rosy! (and things look positively overwhelmingly joyous when the partner eventually kicks the bucket)

* think a satisfaction score below 50 means 'more sad than happy' and above 50 'more happy than sad'

Equivalent table for childless marriages?

Comment

I am the avatar king.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                                Equivalent table for childless marriages?
                                                                                                                Straight line at the 56% for the men and straight line in the 40's for the women I imagine. Reduce the line to 30's or 20's if the man is into kinky shit

Comment

Video package delivered. Lets go 'merican footballs

Comment

sleep or nfl...
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

sleep or nfl...
                                                                                                                      Decide after 1st qtr imo

Comment

I am the avatar king.
                                                                                                                        Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                                                        Video package delivered. Lets go 'merican footballs
                                                                                                                        *sigh* I have to get into American Football don't I. Maybe Ghostface or someone can give me a few pointers on what I should say to other fans etc... A la IT Crowd! At least the cheerleaders look interesting

Memo to self: don't mention rugby or compare the two.

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                          Decide after 1st qtr imo
                                                                                                                          yeah I'm running on fumes but I have to
                                                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X