X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Werewolf analysis

Originally posted by Opr View Post
    Are you saying we have little conformist social behaviour within our current society? Just because the current means of engineering behaviour has become much more sophisticated and subtle doesn't mean it acts with any less weight on our lives.

We basically go through indoctrination within early schooling which teaches us conformity, fear, standardisation etc. We're far more exposed to advertising, films, television etc than ever before. If you study the history of cinema at least within the mainstream, the increasing emphasis isn't on asking people questions, to think or to question the world we live, but to provide stories of how to live with happy endings or rubbish which allows people to turn their brains off for a couple of hours. The media provide so much of the narrative around world events that even to the most discerning person finding truth in anything these days is a lie. We innovate, create and employ the masses increasingly in ways to distract, distance and alienate us from each other.

"You have to be asleep to believe it."A short excerpt from the video "Life Is Worth Losing" (2005).

Opr
    +1 million. Just look at the infantile crap clogging up the multiplexes , guardians of the galaxy etc. Pure sedative. (and yes i realise thats a bit rich coming from a guy hunting imaginary werewolves on another thread) thinking of ditching my tv again, went through over a year without, when i got it back i found the advertising and manipulation pretty overwhelming but over time you just acclimatise again. Btw does anyone find sky sports new season ad really creepy? (the one with stelling showing a bunch of kids around the studio.)
    Last edited by Guest; 03-09-14, 14:56.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
      Weak, slow, bad hands, bad defensively. Reached his peak as a player.

Makes same errors repeatedly.

Bad passer.

In essence - he's for the yard.
      Jesus - no punches pulled there.

Is the whole report going around or just a screenshot of dineen?

Comment

Originally posted by NiceandcoolTrig View Post
        Jesus - no punches pulled there.

Is the whole report going around or just a screenshot of dineen?
        Dineen and Murphy all I've got that's negative. Glowing of Keatley really!

There's a depth chart too, but sure that's pretty standard.

Sonny Bill Hurley first choice inside centre for the year apparently!

Comment

Dineen and Murphy all I've got that's negative. Glowing of Keatley really!

There's a depth chart too, but sure that's pretty standard.

Sonny Bill Hurley first choice inside centre for the year apparently!
          Jesus they're utterly fucked. I won't be too sorry either, O'Connell and Foley potshots at Penney (even though I never had much time for him either) since he's left entirely unnecessary imo, it wouldn't have happened to one of the munster oldies but they're hanging him out to dry.

Couldn't even sell out Thomond for HC matches last season either, red army me hole.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
            I'm always more interested in looking at a 30 - 60 year window
            What are the things that appear normal or acceptable to us now that will shock our grandchildren?
            Pensions

Comment

Anyone know of a decent late night dentist (post 7pm) in or around dublin city centre?
              Managed to break a tooth last night and while its not sore, it's annoying me
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                Anyone know of a decent late night dentist (post 7pm) in or around dublin city centre?
                Managed to break a tooth last night and while its not sore, it's annoying me
                Where is Rasta these days ?

SPOILER

This too shall pass.

Comment

I wonder what our Muslim guy Mohammed "The Lips" McFeminist thinks about the latest American Apparel advertising for their back to school range:
                  [NSFW="Mildly nsfw"]

[/NSFW]

Comment

Dunno, but I sure do like it.

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                      Nice little 3rd place there in the $16.50 turbo that started on Stars at 22:30. $2.5 k not too shabby. 1 monster stack knocked out most of the final table so I'm a bit pissed I couldn't get 2nd place.
                      Expensive weekend ahead at a friends wedding so it's good timing.
                      Meant to shamelessly brag-post again last Sunday but I was too bolloxed all day; managed to deal heads up in the CPT 10k in Clonmel for 2.3k + a €250 ticket to the CPT final.
                      It was a good 8 days between wins but when you're running hot, gotta keep it goin

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        Run off with MSN IMO

The truth is a bit depressing tbh
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                          Run off with MSN IMO

The truth is a bit depressing tbh
                          Was just about to ask what happened to SatNav.

She brownbread or wha?
                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

I have been busy perfecting my soda range.

I built a well in the garden to source my own craft water but for some reason no water has shown up. With the good weather today I got out the trusty BBQ and made use of the well. So many ways to cook things on this Trolley. I highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

She brownbread or wha?
                              She is just really busy right now with work etc. I am sure she will be back once she has a bit more time

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                She is just really busy right now with work etc. I am sure she will be back once she has a bit more time
                                Never stopped her before. Fairly confident I could sell SKY at this stage myself.

If memory serves the trick is "Ah Jaysus how's it going, you don't mind if I come in and have some of your dinner do you? Nom, nom, nom."

Probably leaving out copious amount of anal sex there, but that's the gist of it I think.
                                Last edited by hotspur; 03-09-14, 22:59.

Comment

@ Kev.

Enjoy the bollix out of every 3+ hour kip you have.

Wish someone told me.

Although, from a glass half full perspective I've now 28 extra waking hours in my week, 1.16 extra days.

If I live until 80 I'll really be 93.

Comment

Pasta, you son of a bitch, what have you done with Rasta?
                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      Pasta, you son of a bitch, what have you done with Rasta?
                                      Probably kidnapped himself dude.

Comment

Experimental German side out tonight ?
                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Comment

Experimental German side out tonight ?
                                            More a weakened side. Retirements and dropped starters.

Result means nothing. They will still be shit hot.

Comment

#MunsterGate

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                It's just different flavours of retardation, we just have a solid preference for modernity flavour because that's the flavour we have been given 365 days a year.

tl;dr I am not saying that a lot of the traditional views and practices of many Muslims are not retarded, but let us not kid ourselves that we are any less retarded. Not "when Ireland was a very Catholic country before we all copped on" retarded, but right now, with all our rationality, freedom, and modernity - full retard.
                                                Did Hotspur really make a perfectionist's fallacy?

I am disappoint.
                                                "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

She brownbread or wha?
                                                  Disappeared after headbuttgate, I'm sure she will be back soon
                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
                                                    Which misses the point that we do a cornucopia of other retarded things, I would view people very simple as a civilization yet in every area, wow we don't do this discriminatory thing we used to do, even that is recent and not fully fledged.
                                                    Went and ate here after our discussion hitch, at least something came from it

/collapse in coma

EDIT: I am so fucking paranoid about editing my posts now due to ww game.

Comment

Fairly slates Johne Murphy too.

Incredibly amateur. Hard to believe that hasnt caused serious ructions in the camp. Although fortunately for them they have a soft enough opening set of fixtures.

Also makes you realise how far back they've gone when you see depth chart. Minor miracle they have reached consecutive HC semi finals. They won't get out of their group this year, though obviously groups have gotten harder with less teams.
                                                      Last edited by NiceandcoolTrig; 03-09-14, 20:44.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                        Disappeared after headbuttgate, I'm sure she will be back soon
                                                        Link? missed that.

Comment

Link? missed that.
                                                          Story with the cans?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                            Story with the cans?
                                                            Cans in the offy before Christmas hopefully.

Comment

Cans in the offy before Christmas hopefully.
                                                              Noice, cans of wha though? pale?

Comment

Link? missed that.
                                                                Insert over used not that funny anymore pm Icarus joke here.
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                  Noice, cans of wha though? pale?
                                                                  Ah heyor, sure I can't give away all the secrets now can I?

Insert over used not that funny anymore pm Icarus joke here.
                                                                  Eh, that's not a joke.

Comment

Pasta started so well, but nosedived fairly quickly, rules out rigger anyhow he'd at least make the posts humorous

Although credit where its due for the avatar, that was class
                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Tis no Tipp87 tbf

Comment

Pasta started so well, but nosedived fairly quickly, rules out rigger anyhow he'd at least make the posts humorous

Sure he hasn't made a funny post since 2012

Comment

I lolled at "craft water"
                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                            I lolled at "craft water"
                                                                            The well done steak was pretty funny too.

Comment

Kenny Cunningham, every f'in time "no I wouldn't agree with that at all...I have a big problem with that"
                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by shano1888 View Post
                                                                                Probably kidnapped himself dude.

Comment

Its like the last 8 years never happened

Eager house hunters have started queuing outside a Dublin housing estate five days before new homes go on sale there.

Three separate buyers set up camp in Millers Glen in Swords north county Dublin at lunchtime yesterday and have not left the site since.

"I have my heart set on this," said retail manager Megan O'Shaughnessy (23), who is top of the queue.

Millers Glen is a new development of 60 houses, consisting of two, three and four bed family homes, in the Dublin suburb of Swords.

Three-bedroom end terrace houses are on the market at €279,950.

Three-bedroom semis cost €289,950, while a four-bed detached house is selling for €399,950.

Megan plans to take it in turns with her fiance, a sales assistant, to ensure they don't lose their place in the line.

"No one is allowed in to see the houses until Saturday, but I'm going to stay here until then.

"I haven't looked around the house, but they're a good price. It's a three bed semi I'm after," she told independent.ie "I've seen the pictures and all we'll have to put down is floor covering. It comes fitted with kitchen, wardrobes, everything."

She said house prices in the vicinity of the development are "rising fast".

"The prices are going to keep going up. If we moved out of Swords we'd probably get something cheaper but we want to go that far.

"There will definitely be others joining the queue in the coming days," she added.

She said they had saved €30,000 - 10pc of the house price - and secured a mortgage for the remaining €250,000.

Ronan O'Driscoll, director of Sherry FitzGerald, said interest in the housing units is "unprecedented."

"There are about four parties there at the moment, but we'd expect it to grow over the next few days," he said.

"They'll probably use tents. I've been involved in this business for 25 years, and I haven't seen anything like this since 2006.

"Even at the height of the boom, I never remember people queuing on a Tuesday, for a show house opening on a Saturday.

"That's unprecedented in my view."

It is the first new housing estate in Swords since 2006, he said.

Behind Megan were other hopefuls.

"I'm here since last night, and I'm staying for the long haul," said Chentelle Farrell.

"It's the right time to buy and €240,000 is in our price range. I'm had my eye on the house for a while; we love it."

The new housing estate was developed by Gannon Properties and the 60 homes are open for viewing this Saturday.

In scenes reminiscent of the boom, the potential buyers said they will all be "heartbroken" if they do not get the houses they are after.

Families, friends and potential new neighbours are all stopping by offering support.
                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Only catching up on the latest The Strain.

SPOILER
                                                                                    Jasus, after last weeks ending this was filler central...serious smell of The Walking Dead this week.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

The well done steak was pretty funny too.
                                                                                      "well done"....ah heor, im very slow...cooked over a well..lol
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

SPOILER
                                                                                        Jasus, after last weeks ending this was filler central...serious smell of The Walking Dead this week.
                                                                                        I'm guessing you haven't read the books? I won't post spoilers anyhow obviously. It's quite faithful to the books so far, but obviously some things are done a bit differently in it. It's pretty entertaining so far I think, I'm enjoying it anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                          http://www.independent.ie/business/p...-30559705.html
                                                                                          Its like the last 8 years never happened
                                                                                          Simple supply and demand, feck all wrong with the folks queuing, they would like a house in a certain area and see these prices as affordable.

Whats driving the prices up, as well as low supply in areas people actually want to live is investors creating a false demand, these are the people that should be paying a higher stamp duty etc , rather than the joe soap who wants to live within walking distance of the mammy so child care costs are cut out.
                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                            I'm guessing you haven't read the books? I won't post spoilers anyhow obviously. It's quite faithful to the books so far, but obviously some things are done a bit differently in it. It's pretty entertaining so far I think, I'm enjoying it anyhow.
                                                                                            No, haven't read the books. The only thing i read these days are here and bills.

Didnt realise it was a book franchise.

Overall I am enjoying it though.

You watching Outlander Tom ?
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Only stumbled across this now. Embarrassing.

8.3 on IMDB.

Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner (2007)

Detailed interviews with nearly all involved including Ford and Scott. Surprisingly honest.
                                                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Never seen Blade Runner, should I?
                                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                  Only stumbled across this now. Embarrassing.

8.3 on IMDB.

Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner (2007)

Detailed interviews with nearly all involved including Ford and Scott. Surprisingly honest.
                                                                                                  I would guess it took me at least 8 or 10 attempts to finish that film.

Happy i did, but it took a while to get there for such a perceived cinematic classic imo.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Never seen Blade Runner, should I?
                                                                                                    See my reply, its worth it at the end, but by Christ, its a journey getting there.

Edit: Do try and watch it soon and let me know, maybe its me.
                                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                      Did Hotspur really make a perfectionist's fallacy?

I am disappoint.
                                                                                                      I came back tonight and read it and lol'ed to myself that I was trolling modernity.

Of course it's Rigger, you really are the worst werewolf player ever.

SPOILER
                                                                                                      Loved that episode. Now it didn't advance the story beyond getting key people together, but it was a wonderful self-contained episode that is familiar in horror of being stuck in a place with monsters outside. It reminded me for some reason of the film The Mist based on a Stephen King novella.

Comment

No, haven't read the books. The only thing i read these days are here and bills.

Didnt realise it was a book franchise.

Overall I am enjoying it though.

You watching Outlander Tom ?
                                                                                                        Never heard of outlander. Cliffs?

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                          Never heard of outlander. Cliffs?
                                                                                                          Highlander, backwards, with a woman.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Ah, after last week...
                                                                                                            SPOILER
                                                                                                            I should be immune to the tease though, that ended with a wtf scene. Agreed on the getting together of the key characters, we just didnt learn anything new.

latest The Strain.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            Loved that episode. Now it didn't advance the story beyond getting key people together, but it was a wonderful self-contained episode that is familiar in horror of being stuck in a place with monsters outside. It reminded me for some reason of the film The Mist based on a Stephen King novella.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Of course it's Rigger, you really are the worst werewolf player ever.
                                                                                                              It wasn't Rigger.

You really are the worst pretending to know people player ever.

Comment

Re watching prison break. Weird how much stuff you forget. Pity it took such a nose dive after a fantastic first season.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                                                                                  Re watching prison break. Weird how much stuff you forget. Pity it took such a nose dive after a fantastic first season.
                                                                                                                  Boardwalk Empire is back in 3 days.

Fuck off with prison break.

I still blame the world and all its humans that Boardwalk is ending this soon.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                                    Boardwalk Empire is back in 3 days.

Fuck off with prison break.

I still blame the world and all its humans that Boardwalk is ending this soon.
                                                                                                                    3 days. Ship.

Some dude having a nap in middle of road there and refusing to get up. Some bin men directing traffic as a couple of lads tried to persuade him to get up. Dublin has some suprises at this hour when youre sober.
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

3 days. Ship.

Some dude having a nap in middle of road there and refusing to get up. Some bin men directing traffic as a couple of lads tried to persuade him to get up. Dublin has some suprises at this hour when youre sober.
                                                                                                                      That was actually mdoug. I sent him to find out who you really are. He text me 20 mins ago saying binmen fucked it up.

Roll on NuckyTV.

Comment

You holding the fort here alone chadley?
                                                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Just yourself and myself Eamo.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X