This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    the mesh on the aeron is ridiculous, so good. Better for stiing on but that chair does look
    sweet.

the cool thing about that chair is you can customise everything, the annoying thing about that chair is you can customise everything. If you get a standard foam seat it could be shite who knows? Can't order online, have to contact there if you are outside the US grr.

I'll pop them an email and look for a cheaper chair in the meantime, cheers.
    Can't remember if I got the foam or not but you can get them here. They've an office in the same industrial estate that the Rigger goes to for his post.

I also think there's a showroom somewhere in town that stocks them.

Comment

Finished season 3 of The Wire last night. Starting season 4 tonight. I'm sorry now I didn't watch it sooner. I wasn't too impressed with season 2 cos a few characters annoyed me but happy I stuck with it cos season 3 was class and season 4 has been built up nicely.

Just while I mention it. Which one do people prefer, The Wire or The Sopranos?

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
        Where is a good spot in Europe for nice weather and English speaking poker games? Want to head away for a few days detox!
        Malta or Bulgaria spring to mind.
        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
          3>>2>>1>>4

For me anyway
          Very interesting formation that one
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
              Finished season 3 of The Wire last night. Starting season 4 tonight. I'm sorry now I didn't watch it sooner. I wasn't too impressed with season 2 cos a few characters annoyed me but happy I stuck with it cos season 3 was class and season 4 has been built up nicely.

The Shield
              People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
              Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
              https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Comment

Oh this would be so sweet.
                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Can't remember if I got the foam or not but you can get them here. They've an office in the same industrial estate that the Rigger goes to for his post.

I also think there's a showroom somewhere in town that stocks them.
                    Cool I will pick one up if I cant find something decent for ~200. Pity the ikea markus has leather.

There are chair show rooms!? yes please! Must find somewhere, hate buying this stuff without trying.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                      Lol, love that gif. Why did you like season 2 so much? The young guy who I think was Frank Sobotkas son, annoyed the shit outta me. I thought it dragged a bit in places too.

Comment

Finished season 3 of The Wire last night. Starting season 4 tonight. I'm sorry now I didn't watch it sooner. I wasn't too impressed with season 2 cos a few characters annoyed me

Comment

Lol, love that gif. Why did you like season 2 so much? The young guy who I think was Frank Sobotkas son, annoyed the shit outta me. I thought it dragged a bit in places too.
                          Ziggy. Yeah he could be annoying but I think that was the point.

Season 2 is much better a second watch. Or at least I found it to be. Someone posted here a while back about why it was that summed it up better than I could. I think it was Poprock.

Edit: I take it from the post above I was right.

Comment

You can say The Wire is better than The Sopranos but you would be very wrong and your opinion on anything else in life would be invalid.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                              Dazzler, given that we have stablished Israel's rights to existence and self-defence, what do you think their response to daily incoming rocket fire from Hamas should be? Obviously I think what they are doing now is largely justified, you don't.

Would be interested to see what you think they should do in response. If you have any historical precedents for your solution, that would also be interesting.
                              I haven't the faintest idea to be honest. Given that the idf seem to have a list of Hamas activists they're keen to eliminate, and know where these targets are, it might have been possible for the idf to enter Gaza and extract those targets ... internment in effect.

I don't think this would have been simple either logistically or politically - it would have vastly reduced civilian casualties, but almost certainly led to an increase in idf casualties, something those to the right of netanyahu would remind him of daily until the next election. Israel would probably have got faint enough thanks internationally for taking a more restrained approach.

Asking for historical precedents to solutions is a smidgen optimistic imo ... Any such precedent would almost certainly have to come from israel/palestine, and if such a thing had taken place we'd be taking about something of real global import, more proper to the bbv, like Vidal's on again of again move to United or blaas

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                                Gonna post it to DAA c/o Eamonhonda, what can go wrong
                                They might be picky and insist you use the correct lower case 'daa' and it may not get there. Seems a bit odd they go with daa

Comment

Where is a good spot in Europe for nice weather and English speaking poker games? Want to head away for a few days detox!
                                  Barcelona for the EPT?

I played there either shortly before or after the EPT a few years ago and there was 1/2 - 3/6 holdem games going along with some donkaments.

English speaking is not a huge issue there from what I recall..

Comment

Wow Finkel and the rigger day out in Dublin, we should get someone to follow us with a camera
                                    I'll live stream it.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                      Ziggy. Yeah he could be annoying but I think that was the point.

Season 2 is much better a second watch. Or at least I found it to be. Someone posted here a while back about why it was that summed it up better than I could. I think it was Poprock.

Edit: I take it from the post above I was right.
                                      Yeah, maybe. I could see what they were trying to do with the storyline. An everyday working joe gets caught up in crime ring, everyday working joe dies. And the gangsters just carry on like nothing happened, I presume things like that must happen in real life in gangland areas. I enjoyed the political side of season 3 tbh. I loved House of Cards too so maybe I just like those kinds of shows.

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                      You can say The Wire is better than The Sopranos but you would be very wrong and your opinion on anything else in life would be invalid.
                                      I didn't.

Comment

Nice.

Beautiful place, great weather and really soft and deep cash games. They all spoke English when I was there, the only downside is those stupid French picture cards.
                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Saying you prefer The Wire over The Sopranos or vice versa is like saying you prefer your Ma over your Da or vice versa.
                                          I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Nice sounds like the winner, was meant to go there earlier in the summer. Looks amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by dazzler View Post
                                              I haven't the faintest idea to be honest.....
                                              I don't mean to paraphrase but your answer sounded very much like "I don't like what's happening now but I have no idea what the alternative is". At least you have the balls to admit there is no silver bullet.

Which, coming from a clearly intelligent and well-meaning individual as yourself, is probably as good a reason we are where we are as any other.
                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Just went back and found poprock's post about season 2. Him and Lazare both said it's better after a rewatch. That was after someone posted that they were glad that season 2 was finished. Looks like I will have to rewatch it but I'm gonna finish seasons 4+5 first.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                  The Wire is better than The Sopranos. Also you are a nice guy.
                                                  "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Comment

You can't compare them, they are like your children, endearing and you love each of them differently. One is just better and you know it, you love them more, ADMIT IT, and that child is called the wire.

Comment

Comment

Anyone watching the news there on RTE about the lad getting 10 years?

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                            The Wire is better than The Sopranos. Also you are a nice guy.
                                                            OHHH!! This fucking guy!

Comment

How about an IPB meet up in Wexford, I'll give yous all somewhere to stay, the snooker hall now has a poker lounge in it and I'll supply the drink aswell.

All I ask in return is a picture of Eamon working in the airport

Comment

How about an IPB meet up in Wexford, I'll give yous all somewhere to stay, the snooker hall now has a poker lounge in it and I'll supply the drink aswell.

Will there also be dancing at the crossroads involved?

Comment

Originally posted by bantee View Post
                                                                  Will there also be dancing at the crossroads involved?
                                                                  In the shadow of a bonfire, underneath the silver moonlight, we will be singing until Dawn

Comment

Bring your own lightbulbs
                                                                    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Topical: the wife has never seen The Sopranos, so after finishing True Detective last week (awesome!) we've decided to get stuck into the wild and wacky adventures of Tony Soprano. So watched Ep 1 of Season 1 just there, for the first time since initially seeing it over ten years ago. Quite excited to watch it all again! She hasn't seen The Wire either, that might be a project for 2015.

Comment

In the shadow of a bonfire, underneath the silver moonlight, we will be singing until Dawn
                                                                        And what's the storey Martin Storey?

Comment

In for this, we can also incorporate that penalty thing I was on about before
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                                            Anyhow, I didn't expect a kind of Spanish Inquisition...
                                                                            No one expects the Spanish Inquisition.
                                                                            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

...

Comment

also

More than 1 million Arabs are Israeli citizens. About 350,000 Jewish Israelis live in the West Bank. What happens to them if a formal border is ever set between Israel and the Palestinians?
                                                                                Last edited by Emmet; 28-07-14, 21:02.

Comment

...
                                                                                  Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 28-07-14, 21:06.

Comment

Rough Rider on RTE the Paul Kimmage doc is compelling viewing. Starts on +1 @ 10.30.

Comment

St Julians in Malta, two nice casinos to choose from with cash games and tourneys that get 40+ people 7 nights a week. Maltese are fair terrible at poker.

The exquisite Casino at Portomaso, Malta offers an array of table games and poker games providing an exciting experience in a luxurious gaming environment.

Also is a lively enough holiday resort in its own right.

Comment

LOL @ the sheeple.

"Oh..season 2 is better the second time around."

If it was any fucking good it would be great the FIRST time around.

Season 2 is the weakest.

As for the GOAT, Sopranos, very closely followed by The Shield, I dont even think The Wire would get a top 5, its very watchable but never a no.1.

LOL sheeple.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

If you had of all shut the fuck up ages ago about what was best and watched Boardwalk Empire it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Idiots.

Comment

Some dude on the radio today was saying how in the last 10 years ~800,000 Russian/Ukrainian Jews entered Israel, hence the much stronger right wing stance they have taken.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                              If you had of all shut the fuck up ages ago about what was best and watched Boardwalk Empire it wouldn't have been cancelled.

Idiots.
                                                                                              Where are you with Vikings ? And it made on your doorstep and u drinking with the cast.
                                                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                  Quite a lot of them fake Jewishness apparently. Jewish = free passport.
                                                                                                  Ah Jasus, next you will be telling me they are only doing it to hide the money.
                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Has anyone here ever stayed in the holiday village in Benalmadena??
                                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Idiots.
                                                                                                      It wad cancelled what?! I was only thinking should be new series time soon.
                                                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Tell that to Hymen Roth
                                                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                          Has anyone here ever stayed in the holiday village in Benalmadena??
                                                                                                          I stayed in a private apt there several years ago, hot as fuck, no decent restaurants and a hill that nearly killed me is all i can remember.

i also remember a parrot in some pub.

Also remember the smell of flowers around the apt, they were very fragrant...very nice.

Much nicer Places.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Bring back firefly you bastards.
                                                                                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Idiots.
                                                                                                              I tried twice to get into that show and really just could not find it enjoyable, not sure why. On another note, I was an extra on that vikings show and didn't go drinking with any of the cast.. gfychd
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                I stayed in a private apt there several years ago, hot as fuck, no decent restaurants and a hill that nearly killed me is all i can remember.

i also remember a parrot in some pub.

Also remember the smell of flowers around the apt, they were very fragrant...very nice.

Much nicer Places.
                                                                                                                All inc , food and drink all day long for free

kids club all day too.....

reviews are brill on trip advisor. I love heat so thats not a problem
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                                                                  Tell that to Hymen Roth
                                                                                                                  Was only watching that the other night.

Hadn't seen it in years. So good.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                                    Where are you with Vikings ? And it made on your doorstep and u drinking with the cast.
                                                                                                                    Watched the first episode a week or so ago. Currently awaiting new internet so I am out of action.
                                                                                                                    Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                                    It wad cancelled what?! I was only thinking should be new series time soon.
                                                                                                                    Yes. This coming season is the last season and they are only making 8 episodes.

I am holding the world and its people responsible. You all better hope I become a stoner before I nuke the place.

Comment

I know a couple of Russian software developers who did that deal, circumcision, learning prayers the whole lot. They joke about converting to become secular jews. It was a great deal for them.
                                                                                                                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Kimmage - tried doping, but was still only 132nd in the world, spat in the soup.

They should have an RTE +1 hour 20, that way you could watch stuff that started an hour and 20 minutes ago if you wanted.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

watched this last night, loved it! If you liked the hunger games, you will like it.

Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X