This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
    Mass New Years texts can go fuck themselves imo. If i don't get a personal one, i rarely reply back. I got a 'Happy New Year to you and yours' from my sister ffs
    I waited till ten past midnight and got a total of 2 messages. One from my ma and one from a person in the same room as me. I got lonely and wanted some back. Zod literately ruined my New Year.

But I do agree on the mass text thing. I felt grubby doing it.

Comment

Hmmm Girl with the dragon tattoo is on for over 2 and a half hours so leave that for another time! Anyone mind telling me if any of these 3 are any use. Watching them with the Mrs if that makes a difference!

I am Number Four
      In Time
      Sucker Punch

ty

Comment

Hmmm Girl with the dragon tattoo is on for over 2 and a half hours so leave that for another time! Anyone mind telling me if any of these 3 are any use. Watching them with the Mrs if that makes a difference!

I am Number Four
        In Time
        Sucker Punch

ty
        All awful terrible movies. Sorry.

Comment

I am Number Four
          In Time
          Sucker Punch
          2 and 3 are bad, In Time was so disappointing too as same chap that did Gattaca which is one of my favourites of all time. 1st one looked shit at the time I remember

This has not been a helpful review

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
              All awful terrible movies. Sorry.
              Originally posted by ghostface View Post
              2 and 3 are bad, In Time was so disappointing too as same chap that did Gattaca which is one of my favourites of all time. 1st one looked shit at the time I remember

This has not been a helpful review
              Pretty helpful so probably won't waste our time! Just took about 10 films from brothers hard drive when i was down there. Can't see MrsF wanting to see Kill the Irishman, There will be Blood or Blood in Bloof Out, so need to look elsewhere!

Anything here jump out?

Comment

Pretty helpful so probably won't waste our time! Just took about 10 films from brothers hard drive when i was down there. Can't see MrsF wanting to see Kill the Irishman, There will be Blood or Blood in Bloof Out, so need to look elsewhere!

Anything here jump out?
                The Prestige and Memento are excellent. Memento maybe requires a lot of concentration if not in the mood for that! Kill The Irishman is ok, TWBB is very good

On that list also Dear Zachery is a great doc and love What About Bob
                Last edited by ghostface; 02-01-13, 18:26.

Comment

Anything here jump out?
                  You've seen all these no doubt though.

SPOILER

Comment

I didnt really enjoy District 9 tbh kinda reminds me of a film that people like just because everyone else seems to like it. Loved the Prestige though def watch that if you get a chance

Comment

I posted a week or so ago about needing to get a battery for a watch my dad gave me 15 years ago.

Through the power of the bbv, Xeyboy kindly offered to get me a free battery change as he knows people who know people.

After a drunken coversation with my dad, I realised I am quite happy to leave the watch on it's perma time of 8:18pm, that way if anyone asks me the time, I can show them my watch and say, sure it's only 8:18, loadsa time.
                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Kill the Irishman is very enjoyable and suitable for wives girlfriends too.
                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          I didnt really enjoy District 9 tbh kinda reminds me of a film that people like just because everyone else seems to like it. Loved the Prestige though def watch that if you get a chance
                          Yeah I suppose I mean who would like a film a about space aliens in South Africa mirroring apartheid with crazy mech suits and funky weapons. All the while Sharlto Copley gives a criminally underrated performance where though turning into a "fooking prawn" understands their plight. Produced by Peter Jackson and all FSS.

Oh and cannibal Nigerian drug dealers as well.

Comment

Comment

In time is watchable, barely.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                    Pitch Perfect!
                                    Loved this review.

Well basically it's like 2 minutes of a half funny sketch followed by 5-10 minutes of painfully tacky, corny cheese overload and then 2 minutes of half funny sketch again and so on and so on.

After I while It becomes unbearable to watch for any straight man. All though as the internet is full of 12 year old faggots this will probably please.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

ty everyone, will find something to watch from recommendations above

Comment

Goodfellas is on ITV4 tonight at 10.10.

I've actually never seen it.

Comment

Is there a particularly good trad music place in Galway near the centre? (I'd guess this question is best directed at a certain renowned g-town anti-homosexual)
                                          Taafes or tigh choili

Comment

Struggling with the new year resolutions this year. They all seem so fecking achievable and mundane.
                                            Why even bother?

Comment

Struggling with the new year resolutions this year. They all seem so fecking achievable and mundane.
                                              Can you sing?

ought to hold auditions for my barbershop quartet...

Comment

Also Zod is a cunt. Looking back over texts in my phone from new years and sent out a mass Happy new years text, never got one back from him?

Common courtesy surely requires him to send something back.
                                                Looking back over my texts as well. I never got one from you?
                                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post

You are in for a treat, big time.
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

My news year resolutions are extremely boring but I think highly beneficial.

1 Drink a lot more water instead of drinking coke/booze/coffee etc.

2 Record all live tournament losses/wins

3 GET A JOB. Anything really will do at this point.

Comment

Now go get your shinebox, Dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                        Looking back over my texts as well. I never got one from you?
                                                        Oh shit sorry Michael.

SPOILER
                                                        Took a shot at that being your real name

Comment

Oh shit sorry Michael.

SPOILER
                                                          Wow, that's spooky.

Comment

Comment

My new years resolution was to give up smoking weed. I failed last night.

Comment

My news year resolution was to give up smoking weed. I failed last night.
                                                                That was last year, you're still in the clear.

Comment

Some mathematician you are; basing life changing decisions around meaningless dates and times; the time is NOW... etc etc <insert standard youtube motivational clip>

^^^ internet suggested Taaffes on Shop Street
                                                                  Was about to say taaffes + has loads of decent pubs near it if you fancy a move (Neactains etc)

Comment

That was last year, you're still in the clear.
                                                                    Fuck it, it's nearly the weekend now. I'll start again Monday.

Comment

Now go get your shinebox, Dave.
                                                                      aaah ya fucker, was about to post that, but was busy abusing Hitch

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        aaah ya fucker, was about to post that, but was busy abusing Hitch
                                                                        That's funny, you're a funny guy.

Comment

That's funny, you're a funny guy.
                                                                          Spoiler for Dave:

SPOILER
                                                                          Dave you are weak willed, now get you're fucking shinebox and watch the movie

Comment

Comment

For 'fun' resolutions, thinking of a few acting classes in Gaiety plus a week-long cookery course in DublinCookerySchool. That has the advantage of being fun plus full-on-gay.

Have this horrible image that keeps popping up in the head from the work night out before Christmas - it was that i insisted on kissing the hands of my (all-male) colleagues before leaving at the end of the night. No idea if it happened or not, but its being haunting me for a week or so now. Why would it keep being remembered if it didn't happen?
                                                                              You're in the closet?

Comment

Chelsea without Hazard, Mata, Cole and Cech for tonights QPR game

Comment

Back in Dublin now after 9 days between varying parts of the sticks with patchy internet at best really. You can't beat your own couch. Thank fuck all the multi day family stuff is over for another 11.8 months or so.

Comment

Oh shit sorry Michael.

SPOILER
                                                                                    He has the most ridiculous real name for an Irish national ever.

Comment

Have this horrible image that keeps popping up in the head from the work night out before Christmas - it was that i insisted on kissing the hands of my (all-male) colleagues before leaving at the end of the night.
                                                                                      30+% of men don't wash their hands after the bathroom, so it's effectively their penii ( sp? plural of penis? ) you kissed. Not that there's anything wrong with that of course.

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

That makes it a bit less gay anyway ty
                                                                                            Lol, we really should sort a few pints at some stage. That Dawkins thing was good craic, if a little short lived. Incredibly hard for me to get to the big smoke this weather but with a little notice I could sort something maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                                                                                              Had a seriously productive day yesterday - visited future in-laws for nice New Year's Day lunch, got my 2012 tax affairs in order and requested a P21 Balancing Statement via PAYE Anytime, set the wheels in motion for a dentist's appointment next week, applied for a new bank account (joint account, eek!) online AND got half of a 750-piece jigsaw done - well, there were two of us doing the jigsaw Going to have a very busy January and it feels like I've made an excellent start.
                                                                                              Christ you're efficient Paul!

Comment

...

Comment

Yeah definitely! Maybe if there was a good comedy stand up over visiting
                                                                                                  I've always wanted to abuse people that have more courage than I do at an open mike session

Comment

Have Mata as my captain in FF this week

Chances of him not coming on? RVP is my VC

In before 50/50*

Comment

I was sending a facebook picture link to a friend of a girl I met on Friday (facebook picture of her in a bikini).

Then she messaged me the second I sent it saying 'GUESS WHAT?'

Got a fright.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                        The Prestige and Memento are excellent. Memento maybe requires a lot of concentration if not in the mood for that! Kill The Irishman is ok, TWBB is very good

On that list also Dear Zachery is a great doc and love What About Bob
                                                                                                        I have had The Prestige on my lappy for the last while. Going to throw onto my USB and onto the telly in the room. I had read about it before and liked the sound of it.

Our taste in movies is poles apart, so finding one we both will like is tough.

Comment

Not anymore!

What are the odds that the other five people were too drunk to remember it if it happened? Whats killing me is that the flashback is so realistic. Just hoping i've shown a drunk enough persona over time for this to be dismissed as 'ah it was just that guy'
                                                                                                          You worry about stuff like that, but the key thing is everyone else also wakes up worrying about what they themselves did. So chances are they've completely forgotten. At least that's what I tell myself.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

In before 50/50*
                                                                                                            If its close they will all appear, if Chelsea are comfortable I doubt he will come in

Comment

I was gonna go build a htpc but that wd media player looks like a better idea. Is there any issues with formats/playing off a network? I remember the previous one had some limitations.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post

In before 50/50*
                                                                                                                Cech some stats or Hazard a guess
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                  Prob will have a Luizing effort in finding those stats.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                                                    I have had The Prestige on my lappy for the last while. Going to throw onto my USB and onto the telly in the room. I had read about it before and liked the sound of it.

Our taste in movies is poles apart, so finding one we both will like is tough.
                                                                                                                    The prestige is on tv tonight I think on one of the itvs or bbcs, or e4. Can't remember which but it's definitely on.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                                                                                      You worry about stuff like that, but the key thing is everyone else also wakes up worrying about what they themselves did. So chances are they've completely forgotten. At least that's what I tell myself.
                                                                                                                      I have often been in the shower and remember something I did months or even years ago and cringe.

You'll be fine HH. I'd rather drink with the maniac hand kisser than a boring cunt. WP imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                                                                        Doesn't really mata though. Nothing really mata's

Comment

Chelsea 5/4 to win both halves. No Ba,Cole,Mata(C) for me FF is ruined.
                                                                                                                          Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X