Clear All

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
    it's only me and Kayroo

I am cooking up a whopper for him atm
    Don't make me bring the pain
    You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
    World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

I went to a terrific film today A Hijacking . I'm a philistine when it comes to noticing any technical aspects of a film unless they are so outstandingly good that I have to notice them, but the direction in this is wonderful - every shot seems perfect for the atmosphere.

It's only on in the IFI and the Lighthouse, but I very highly recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
        Kennedy - Navy
        Eisenhower - Army
        Truman - ?
        Ford -Army
        Bush Jr - National Guard (Marine Reserve)
        Bush Snr - ????

I assume Nixon was but really not sure
        Truman - Army
        Nixon - Navy
        Johnson - technically no but did get himself sent to Papau New Guinea in some kind of officer role and nearly got killed during a fighter battle. MacArthur gave him a Silver Star for it!
        Carter - Navy

Bush Snr - Air Force although possibly the air arm of the navy. Also CIA obv

FDR - Undersecretary of the Navy which is close enough
        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6DJcgm3wNY
          Not a big superhero guy but this looks like it will be fantastic. Amazing soundtrack too.

Comment

A little taster here for you:

Which US President has the shortest middle name and what was it?

Comment

it's only me and Kayroo

currently cooking up a whopper for ye all
              Her sky-ness
              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                I went to a terrific film today A Hijacking . I'm a philistine when it comes to noticing any technical aspects of a film unless they are so outstandingly good that I have to notice them, but the direction in this is wonderful - every shot seems perfect for the atmosphere.

Looking forward to seeing it. Same guy who wrote The Hunt which I thought was very good.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                  currently cooking up a whopper for ye all
                  We back on Thomas Crapper again?

Comment

A little taster here for you:

Which US President has the shortest middle name and what was it?
                    Lee? no idea who, just imagine it would be a common enough name amongst certain classes of yanks

Comment

Lee? no idea who, just imagine it would be a common enough name amongst certain classes of yanks
                      Shorter than that

Comment

It's available to download if one would so require.
                        "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Shorter than that
                          Bo?

is this going to be something that will make me smack myself in the face?

Comment

We back on Thomas Crapper again?
                            LOL wtf???
                            Her sky-ness
                            © 5starpool

Comment

I recall something about an America president who just inserted a letter in between their first and last name to have a more distinguished name. I'm probably mistaken though, very blurry recollection though and I may be thinking of something else.

Comment

Bo?

is this going to be something that will make me smack myself in the face?
                                Harry Truman's middle name was the letter S. He had two relatives, Shipp and Solomon, and they didn't want to pick one so they just called him Harry S Truman

Comment

Harry Truman's middle name was the letter S. He had two relatives, Shipp and Solomon, and they didn't want to pick one so they just called him Harry S Truman
                                  oh you motherfucker

you win

Comment

how many US presidents since and including FDR have served in the military? Extra points for naming the branch of the forces
                                    All of them!

Commander in chief and all that

Comment

Don't make me bring the pain
                                      oh you motherfucker

you win
                                      Pain duly brought

Comment

Isn't that where the Homer J Simpson gag comes from?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                          Hi middle name was actually Jay.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                            surely milk has made pasteurisation and homogenisation fairly common knowledge? The eggs are heated to kill off any risk of salmonella.
                                            And beer.
                                            Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                              The Simpsons is absolutely full of US Presidential trivia in-jokes. Marge's maiden name is the same as Jackie Kennedy's for example.

Comment

it's only me and Kayroo

Would you go on Vickey Corens show with Kayroo and maybe BCB?

I could manage from the sidelines

Any of you ever listen to Round Britan quiz? They do a line in almost crosssword themed questions

There are some great questions in it.

Heres a couple I'll leave with you for tonight and I'll dig out a few good ones for later in the week

How might Superman's father + Rodrigo Diaz de Vivar + 'The Body' = 150 ?

Why might, in part, a dog, a Channel port, an early English translation of the Bible, the first Director of the FBI, the Book of Common Prayer's enthusiast for divine concord, and the ruling monarch, get you a maximum technically possible score of 216?
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXT0iioTF0s

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                    What the obsession with US presidents? Why not Irish presidents?
                                                    I'd say that people of this generation can list off US presidents easier than Irish.
                                                    Obviously there's been almost 5 times as many, but even restrict it to US presidetns post-JFK and it still holds true.

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                    Jor-el, El cid, Elle mcpherson.
                                                    El + el+ el

L being roman for 50. 50 x 3 = 150

Comment

Hehe review says seamen.

Good night everyone. :tren
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        Would you go on Vickey Corens show with Kayroo and maybe BCB?

I could manage from the sidelines

Any of you ever listen to Round Britan quiz? They do a line in almost crosssword themed questions

There are some great questions in it.

Heres a couple I'll leave with you for tonight and I'll dig out a few good ones for later in the week

Why might, in part, a dog, a Channel port, an early English translation of the Bible, the first Director of the FBI, the Book of Common Prayer's enthusiast for divine concord, and the ruling monarch, get you a maximum technically possible score of 216?
                                                        I feel dumb looking at that
                                                        No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

He did. Between you and Raoul you pretty much have it.

James Gandon designed the Customs House and his former apprentice, James Hoban, designed the White House.
                                                          Alternatively, what is the connection between The White House and the other notable 18th century Irish "James". James FitzGerald.

Comment

Struggling with this one.

Comment

I had just written a three word post that puzzles annoy me and then decided not to post it, on account of who gives a flying fuck if puzzles annoy me or not, and it might be misinterpreted as criticising those posting them.

I do that regularly enough. Write a short post and then decide not to submit it. Now if I had posted every post I decided not to it wouldn't matter a jot. But I just had the thought there - what do you think your life might have been like if you had said everything you ever held back from saying?

Beyond the initial bristle of thinking "Well, I would be single, friendless, unemployed, and in a wheelchair" I wonder what the positives might have been. Personally I regret little to nothing of what I say, it's what I don't say that I regret.

You cunt.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Ban please

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                          Ban please
                                                                          Y? Bad Beat/Moan/Venting Thread

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                            Alternatively, what is the connection between The White House and the other notable 18th century Irish "James". James FitzGerald.
                                                                            Well I know two James Fitzgeralds in the 18th century. One was an extremely famous barrister of the time and I don't know what connection he would have to the White House and the other was Lord Leinster so potentially there's some sort of connection with a private home becoming the seat of Government?

Comment

Originally posted by chrissylogue View Post
                                                                              Y? Bad Beat/Moan/Venting Thread
                                                                              Unlike Ronseal, it doesn't do exactly what it says on the tin. More of a general shite talk thread. It's 2013, no-one cares about poker anymore.
                                                                              It's all an illusion

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                @The-Rigger, what did you make of Canadian Bacon with John Candy?

Do you think it was a scheme by Hollywood to incorporate as many foodstuffs into the making of movies back then in order to increase obesity and thus encouraging lazy fat sods to watch more movies?
                                                                                I haven't seen it, think I tried downloading it and failed or tried watching it and gave up.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                I'm off to play my testimonial at the weekly EPA 5 a side.

There could well be tears.
                                                                                How did it go?

Originally posted by davepoke/her View Post
                                                                                I told you all this in the HQ. You coming?
                                                                                Might do, sounds interesting, I like being drunk.

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                Competition starts today with sky door to door reps. The last one they ran I was too late as there was only a week left. Person who gets most sales in 3 weeks picks what they want from 10 prizes, these include a holiday for the family to spain, A concert in Europe for you and ten friends. VIP passes for Galway races with hotel, Volkswagon camper van yoke around ireland ( unsure of this one) among other prizes, ten in total!

Lets fucking do this!!! Got 3 today , bring it on!

Anyone in within a 30km distance looking for sky products let me know
                                                                                My bag is packed.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                Animaniacs told me that one. Grover Cleveland twice.

edit : Vid thats always worth a post.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vvy0wRLD5s8
                                                                                Grover Cleveland spanked me on two non-consecutive occasions.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

jenga sub-forum request
                                                                                  X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Lol at this quote from one of the witnesses to the London murder (after seeing the whole incident from start to finish):

"Mate ive seen alot of shit im my time but that has to rank sumwhere in the top 3"

http://twitter.com/BoyaDee

Comment

Well I know two James Fitzgeralds in the 18th century. One was an extremely famous barrister of the time and I don't know what connection he would have to the White House and the other was Lord Leinster so potentially there's some sort of connection with a private home becoming the seat of Government?
                                                                                      The latter. James Fitzgerald, the last Earl of Kildare, and 1st Duke of Leinster.
                                                                                      Was the white ever the active house if US government, possibly during some crisis, but thats not what I'm looking for.

Comment

Wow think I just have the pleasure of meeting Ireland's most racist taxi driver, which is really not an easy accolade to achieve considering the high standards. Should really start recording these guys, would make a pretty damning compilation.

One of his stories: There's this little ni**er in my sons class, a mouse ran into their class a few days ago, all the other kids ran away terrified, but the ni**er didn't bat an eyelid and just went over a repeatedly stamped on the mouse.... Imagine that kid on the streets in ten years, or worse a group of them.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Epic finish in the Basketball.

Lebron gonna Lebron.
                                                                                          Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                          I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                          None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Ireland v Pakistan match has a live stream today from cricket Ireland

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                              Bit of a roll on that table. Shabby standards

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                              Ban please
                                                                                              It's almost like he's trying to get his post count above 30 for some reason...

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Ireland v Pakistan match has a live stream today from cricket Ireland

http://www.cricketireland.ie/news/ar...med-on-youtube
                                                                                                Might head down if it starts to look competitive. The joys of bum-dom.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post

It's almost like he's trying to get his post count above 30 for some reason...
                                                                                                  ah he is only a young fella checked him out on FB.
                                                                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Great gatsby was horrific. I've never read the book or knew the story so didn't know what to expect either.

Comment

Might head down if it starts to look competitive. The joys of bum-dom.
                                                                                                      What date are the Sept games happening? Tickets on sale yet? We should try organise an outing.

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

...
                                                                                                          "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                            @VforV when you get online. Are you still going for the John Coates talk in Trinity tonight?
                                                                                                            Yeah. See you there.

Btw this article made me laugh. Come up with a potential game changer for battery technology which could have huge implications and get beaten to first prize by self driving cars.......who would have thunk it???
                                                                                                            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                              Great gatsby was horrific. I've never read the book or knew the story so didn't know what to expect either.
                                                                                                              I don't know if i liked it or not.

Comment

I had just written a three word post that puzzles annoy me and then decided not to post it, on account of who gives a flying fuck if puzzles annoy me or not, and it might be misinterpreted as criticising those posting them.

I do that regularly enough. Write a short post and then decide not to submit it. Now if I had posted every post I decided not to it wouldn't matter a jot. But I just had the thought there - what do you think your life might have been like if you had said everything you ever held back from saying?

Beyond the initial bristle of thinking "Well, I would be single, friendless, unemployed, and in a wheelchair" I wonder what the positives might have been. Personally I regret little to nothing of what I say, it's what I don't say that I regret.

You cunt.
                                                                                                                Always annoys me on programs (well maybe a specific program - Come Dine with Me) when people say "oh I just say things as I see them and I don't care what people think". Straight away I think, this one's a cunt. Like how would she like it if I went up to her and said "fuck me, but you're the fattest bitch I have ever seen" and then said "sorry, but I just say things as I see them"?

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                                  What date are the Sept games happening? Tickets on sale yet? We should try organise an outing.
                                                                                                                  pretty sure they are on sale, a friend has a ticket for me already

about time you got up to the big schmoke for a game!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    Hi middle name was actually Jay.
                                                                                                                    actually, you're both right.

It was initially the story that his middle name was J (as a Harry S Truman style).

They later wrote the episode where he went looking for his middle name and it was revealed that it was Jay.

Bart, however, was given the middle initial J as it was Homers middle name, so his middle name is truly J.

Although in Simpsons style they'll probably do an episode where it will become Jebidiah.
                                                                                                                    Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                      Always annoys me on programs (well maybe a specific program - Come Dine with Me) when people say "oh I just say things as I see them and I don't care what people think". Straight away I think, this one's a cunt. Like how would she like it if I went up to her and said "fuck me, but you're the fattest bitch I have ever seen" and then said "sorry, but I just say things as I see them"?
                                                                                                                      Not saying what you think is what our entire civilisation is built on

Comment

Jude Ainsworth and MisterMonkey down to 4 in SCOOP 29H. MM big chippie

$104k locked up, $260k FTW

Comment

Originally posted by careca View Post
                                                                                                                          Not saying what you think is what our entire civilisation is built on
                                                                                                                          You rarely get on t.v. without being a prick or having something to sell. It's sad that it's such a huge goal in some people's lives to appear on tv and have a brief moment of celebrity.

Now where's that game show/weight loss/reality tv show contestant application form???
                                                                                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X