X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely in for replay tourney too.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
      lol, no. The tipping point in the interview was when they told me I'd me subject to the pension levy despite not being eligible for a pension!
      We're all paying for the PS pension. It's called tax!!
      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

In an effort to look busy at work I thought I'd post a health update here.

Copying from an email I sent to a friend.

I got my results back from the Doc on Monday.

Great news overall.

My kidney's are working well (which is good as a few of my family have issues related to their kidneys).

My liver seems to be in outstanding condition (for some reason the doctor assumed I was a drinker and that I’d given up the drink) when I told him I never drank he was less shocked by the liver numbers.

The blood numbers are all in the healthy range and are fine. My BMI in clothes is 24.93. Calculating it myself it’s 24.5 but either way it’s fine and what will be more interesting is to get my body fat analysed in UCD as that is will be an infinitely more indepth and personal measurement. The other tests on my heart, eyes, lungs etc. were all grand.

Now the cholesterol test was very interesting.

It turns out I had a lipid test done in 2007 so I actually had something to compare against and here they are from memory. I can’t remember how big I was in 2007 but at least 117kg anyway. I’m 89kg now.

HDL.........0.99........1.69
        LDL...........3.4........3.55
        Tri...........0.46.........0.3

Total........4.85.......5.55

Now, obviously because I’m over the magic 5 number the doctor wants to keep my cholesterol under review annually and talked about cutting back a bit on eating frys and cooking in oil etc. I laughed a little bit when he asked would I a eat a fry once a week. I told him I'd have a fry every 2 or 3 days and I cook everything in butter.

I did point out to him that the reason I’m over the 5 is that my good cholesterol has risen by 70% and that the movement in the bad cholesterol has been much smaller.

He just carried on and talked along the lines of “if the number gets worse I’ll have to put you on statins” and to keep an eye on it.

I nodded my head dutifully but I'll never take statins.

In the context of the cholesterol number I think my liver heath is also very interesting given how the production of cholesterol occurs in the liver.

I believe cholesterol rises as you get older and the average for a man in the UK is 5.5. Telling over half the population to take medication or that they are in danger doesn't sit right with me. Also, given that the average person is now overweight there might be something in that.....

Anyway, I'm personally pretty pleased.
        Last edited by V for Vendetta; 09-11-12, 15:14.
        ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

euro millions syndicate closing soon

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
            They've ruined it. The bastards. Probably never even read the book.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Md6Dvxdr0AQ
            Was suppose to be released next month but has suffered from a supposes bad script so reshoots had to be done, they hired Damon Lindelof but he was up to his eyes so they passed it off to somebody else and eventually getting pushed back to the middle of next year.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Kids on junior masterchef are ridic talented for their age, put my cooking skills to shame. Black kid obv cooked a plate full of spicy chicken drumsticks, looked delicious.
              Profit before people.

Comment

Inspirational film about a final quest the immeasurably great Mr Feynman never quite made including some very touching moments from the last interview he did

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

I'm sure a few people here have travelled around South America, any recommended routes/must-see things/best coke and hookers?

Comment

Originally posted by carlop View Post
                    I'm sure a few people here have travelled around South America, any recommended routes/must-see things/best coke and hookers?
                    Cardshark is your man. Think he settled in Buenos Aires for a long spell

Comment

World War Z is a very tricky book to film given that its characters are restricted to the episodic. Certainly not a star vehicle. You just knew it was going to get ruined by playing it as a real timesque narrative with Brad Pitt as a singular hero.

It would have taken balls to film it as the book was written. More balls than a Hollywood studio will commit to. Looks a lot more like the Tom Cruise War of the Worlds than World War Z as we know it.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                        Tom Cruise War of the Worlds

Tripod War Horn was the best thing about that movie.

Actually if it was just 90 minutes of the Tripods destroying the earth it would have been a great movie, instead we got Tom Cruise being a dick.

Tim Robbins was good though.
                        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

In the grafton lounge. Not only will the denziens of here be first against the wall, this place wIll be the wall.
                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by ionapaul View Post
                            The new Allsop auction catalogue is out: http://www.auction.co.uk/irish/onlineCatalogue.asp. As usual, it is mostly rubbish, but some nice enought looking places in there - most of these are in the middle of nowhere unfortunately.
                            I like this park in Ranelagh. Planning permission could be difficult, so I'm gonna live there in a tent

Back to work Monday week. Will be strange to be associating with people over the age of six during the daytime although at least I won't have to wipe their asses I suppose.
                            Congrats!

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                              Inspirational film about a final quest the immeasurably great Mr Feynman never quite made including some very touching moments from the last interview he did
                              Cheers for that, gonna watch later. Enjoyed this horizon episode on the great man (when horizon was still good).

BBC Horizon 1993Richard Feynman - No Ordinary Genius (full version)More Feynman Docu's:Richard Feynùan's quest for Tannu Tuvahttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W...

Comment

One 65 e ticket for tomorrows game if anyone wants it pm me... Offline for a few hours now
                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                  EPA ring throwing champ 2k12. Get to keep the trophy that's been on the go for 12 years.
                                  Will take pics.
                                  Strange, but im happier with the 2 bottles of wine that came with it!
                                  Everything is coming up Millhouse.
                                  Pics/gtfo

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                  Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                      In the grafton lounge. Not only will the denziens of here be first against the wall, this place wIll be the wall.
                                      It's a great spot for hot stuck birds ignoring your superb dance moves on a Saturday night out about 1am

Comment

Anyone see the prank done on David Luiz on Portugese TV, cruel cunts, he was in tears at the end.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Comment

Woop. It's Friday night, biatch.

Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                              Got to have Colombia on that list. Just nowhere comes close. Bogota or Medellin.
                                              Cali dude

Edit to add: wtf do i know, i was there in the 90s when getting shot on a night out was pretty run of the mill. i'm sure things have changed.
                                              Last edited by shrapnel; 09-11-12, 19:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                Woop. It's Friday night, biatch.
                                                The nut night AINEC

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                  Anyone see the prank done on David Luiz on Portugese TV, cruel cunts, he was in tears at the end.
                                                  I don't get the point of this post unless you have a link to the prank. I would guess no-one here is watching Portuguese tv

Comment

I just missed it, was watching French tv instead.

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                      I would guess no-one here is watching Portuguese tv
                                                      You're obv quite out of touch with BBV viewing trends, entender?
                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                        Loads on South William Street. I've been to Maloti and Jewel in the Crown and enjoyed both. Not sure on the booking side, but I think there are 3 Indians on that street anyhow.
                                                        Maloti is gone. There's some steak house or burger bar or something there instead.

Comment

Maloti is gone. There's some steak house or burger bar or something there instead.
                                                          Nice food from memory, pity.

Comment

I don't get the point of this post unless you have a link to the prank. I would guess no-one here is watching Portuguese tv
                                                            Couldn't link at the time, here you go

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=789j0vRLKWc
                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                              I feel the need to point out that I have just rediscovered the beauty of stir fried veg. Cook a lump of steak on the pan, set it aside to rest, bang in some mangetout, runner beans, red peppers and carrots along with a shake of salt and pepper. Finish off with a splash of Balsamic. The veg cooks in the same time you would leave the steak resting before eating - such easy to cook but beautiful and highly nutritious food.
                                                              for some reason, this makes me think of this.

"We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

I feel the need to point out that I have just rediscovered the beauty of stir fried veg. Cook a lump of steak on the pan, set it aside to rest, bang in some mangetout, runner beans, red peppers and carrots along with a shake of salt and pepper. Finish off with a splash of Balsamic. The veg cooks in the same time you would leave the steak resting before eating - such easy to cook but beautiful and highly nutritious food.
                                                                Delish. Missing some garlic though imo

Comment

doh! obviously meant to post the Fosters ad with the 'salad' punchline (sprig of parsley on top of a steak)

Comment

ok - it now makes at least a semblance of sense.
                                                                    bottle of 2004 Margaux is to blame

vintage port now winking ta me

Comment

bottle of 2004 Margaux is to blame

vintage port now winking ta me
                                                                      did you see this story today? scary to think 70% of some the worlds greatest wines sold in china are fake!!!

they must really think expensive wine is an acquired taste when they're drinking piss ( or do they put half decent wines so that they carry on buying?)

The discovery in China of a huge hoard of bottles labelled as fine French wine has highlighted the country's problems with fakes.

Comment

Made it to the off license, Anchor Steam for me, Blue Moon for her and brewdog 18% stout looking at me from the fridge
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

I don't think Kev has done a pic of beers on a Fri night for a while. Sadly missed

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                              I don't think Kev has done a pic of beers on a Fri night for a while. Sadly missed
                                                                              Same selection of IPA's every Friday night - 2xBrewdog IPA, 2xSierra Nevada IPA, 2xTorpedo, 2xGoose Island IPA, 2xBrooklyn East India IPA, 2xAnchor Steam

Need to re-broaden my horizons

Comment

Good night RS. Its been a blast. Whats the best torrent clients these days?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                  The drugs have landed. Seem to have brought my wife with them.
                                                                                  What ya got?

Comment

That's a pretty class song on the late late
                                                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                      Good night RS. Its been a blast. Whats the best torrent clients these days?

multihost like realdedrid or newsgroups maybe.

Comment

My mum is planning on buying a couple of my sisters Kindle Fire HDs for Christmas as a surprise. The younger one has openly expressed wanting one but the older one has shown more interest in my iPad but obv there's a serious price difference between the two of them. The iPad lover also seems to prefer the idea of the larger tablets but I can't find a release date for the Fire HD 8.9" for this side of the Atlantic.

Assuming the younger one gets the Kindle model, is there a reasonably priced larger tablet on the market that anyone would recommend for the older one?
                                                                                        .
                                                                                        . .

Comment

Nexus 7 or Nexus 10
                                                                                          I'd recommend these ahead of the kindle fire as well

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                            multihost like realdedrid or newsgroups maybe.
                                                                                            Tell me more....elsewhere if required...

Comment

The new Rebecca Black...

Happy Thanksgiving!!Written and Produced by Patrice WilsonNow Out On Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/its-thanksgiving/id578277115?i=578277117&ign-m...

singing into turkey leg @ 2.59 is a personal highlight.

Comment

Thanksgiving is the 22nd November this year, the 28nd November thing she crosses off on her calendar isn't until next year.
                                                                                                Not sure which makes more sense, that they made a mistake or that they think people will be still watching this video in 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                  Thanksgiving is the 22nd November this year, the 28nd November thing she crosses off on her calendar isn't until next year.
                                                                                                  Not sure which makes more sense, that they made a mistake or that they think people will be still watching this video in 12 months.
                                                                                                  It's timeless

Comment

if its not produced by the owners of Rebecca Blacks track, they've just made Black loads more money, cos its a direct rip off. awful cash in attempt
                                                                                                    http://mobro.co/zuroph
                                                                                                    donate to my hairy lip!

Comment

Anyone who purchases that song should be put down.

Comment

Originally posted by Zuroph View Post
                                                                                                        if its not produced by the owners of Rebecca Blacks track, they've just made Black loads more money, cos its a direct rip off. awful cash in attempt
                                                                                                        This is written and produced by the same guy who did Friday, Patrice Wilson.

Comment

needed to be done
                                                                                                          slight turkey based NSFW
                                                                                                          SPOILER

Comment

Everytime I thank a post these days I get this:

SPOILER

Any reason?
                                                                                                            Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

The new Rebecca Black...

Happy Thanksgiving!!Written and Produced by Patrice WilsonNow Out On Itunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/its-thanksgiving/id578277115?i=578277117&ign-m...

singing into turkey leg @ 2.59 is a personal highlight.
                                                                                                              She is no Rebecca black.
                                                                                                              Happy friday btw.

Comment

She really likes those mashed potatoes.

Comment

Very little talk of the twin towers on the anniversary today bein 9/11 never forget
                                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

9th Nov and Rod Stewart is singing Have your self a merry little Christmas on the Graham Norton show

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                                      Everytime I thank a post these days I get this:

SPOILER

Any reason?
                                                                                                                      This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your account may not be activated. Please check that you have verified your email address.
                                                                                                                      Are you posting in Off Topic? You must have 10 or most posts to participate in Off Topic.
                                                                                                                      Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
                                                                                                                      If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Comment

Anyone who purchases that song should be put down.
                                                                                                                        People purchase songs?

Comment

Nexus 7 or Nexus 10
                                                                                                                          I'd recommend these ahead of the kindle fire as well
                                                                                                                          The thing is that both of them will be using them primarily for reading whilst commuting to work or sitting on their lunch break etc. And they like the idea of being able to browse the Internet on something a bit bigger than their phones. The younger one has an iPhone & the older one has a Samsung Galaxy.

Mummy doesn't want to go above £200 as she has already bought them other stuff & she doesn't like to make a difference between the 5 of us.

I've been tasked with researching her options. Thanks mummy!
                                                                                                                          So as it stands it looks like they'll be getting the Kindle Fire 7" option as it works out £159, will do everything they're looking for it to do & from what I've read on forums online the larger version won't be out here until Spring next year at the earliest.
                                                                                                                          .
                                                                                                                          . .

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X