X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
    are you burning it or frying it?

I cook everything in the Ghee these days. Coconut oil for meats and veg gets soaked in butter.

Gotta get them good fats into ya!
    What are the benefits of using Coconut oil and does it change the flavour?

Comment

yup, it's like a sweetened butter. It's not a particularly normal flavour though, hard to explain it well. It's not 'buttery' per se, but it's not really not either...

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
        weighed myself for the first time in ages, was pleased that I had put on a few pounds.
        Woke up and I had lost three, fml. Still sweating like a cunt some nights I reckon.
        Pre poo and post poo?

Also @strewelpeter, use hot ice for muscle pain.
        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Thats horrible Connie, hope everything works out for you.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Hard luck Connie but at least ye are all safe and well. i must tell the Mrs to be careful when she's doing the washing and drying.

These days Connie the insurance companies go through everything with a fine tooth comb and challenge you on every expense that you claim for. It's a good idea to employ a loss adjustor to represent your interests and to advise you re the claim as they will try to beat you down on everything.
            ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

That's horrible Connie, hope you get it all sorted soon without a load of hassle

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                Jaysus Connie thats hard luck but lucky at the same time as it could have been worse. The insurance company will think you are some man for swindling the poor auld insurance companies. Didnt the Cue Club go on fire aswell? unreal misfortune but then it could have been worse.

The Cue Club had smoke damage from a fire that started in the kitchen in the resteraunt underneath it. I didnt have to make a claim then because the landlord is the owner of both and his insurance sorted it.

Comment

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                  Hard luck Connie but at least ye are all safe and well. i must tell the Mrs to be careful when she's doing the washing and drying.

These days Connie the insurance companies go through everything with a fine tooth comb and challenge you on every expense that you claim for. It's a good idea to employ a loss adjustor to represent your interests and to advise you re the claim as they will try to beat you down on everything.

yeah, I thought that as well. I met with a loss adjuster this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                    That's horrible Connie, hope you get it all sorted soon without a load of hassle
                    Bound to be some hassle Tony (specially with the reputation insurance companys have now). But Im not looking for anything extra. Just want my home and possessions back to the same standard I had last week.

Comment

Can a 24 year old male drive this?

Will it break on me?

Set to drive my car into a lake at this stage its been that much hassle!

Comment

Can a 24 year old male drive this?

Will it break on me?

Set to drive my car into a lake at this stage its been that much hassle!
                        Cool looking car! But surely the ongoing costs will be high and the likelihood of requiring work much higher than buying a car built post-2000?

Comment

seen this in shop lately.

I use olive oil myself and wondering what its like?

I hate Flora spreads so not exactly tempted just curious

Comment

Re: Heathrow, a couple i know missed their honeymoon flight to India a few weeks ago. They had 1hr 45 as it happens, but delay on Dublin side fucked them.
                            Conversely, once had a 10 min gap between planes in chicago, wasnt even an issue. Thought the agent was taking the piss when giving us the itinerary, but couldnt have went smoother, off one gate and on at the adjacent one.
                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Can anyone advise on this situation

Made a bet on jonjo shelvey to score anytime in the liverpool
                              game v west ham, Not really a usual bet i do, but was at the game so did
                              it for the laugh.
                              In the game, jonjo scored, then after the game, the goal was put it down as an og
                              Since then they awarded the goal to jonjo.
                              The bet was put down as a loser
                              I emailed them and they advised they made their decision on
                              the day, and as a consolation awarding my original stake back

Should I be happy with this resolution?

Comment

Oh, and one for the techie guys. 3 laptops, 3 tellies, 1 computer and 1 monitor for same, dvd player, play station and a wii. Obviously they suffered the smoke damage as well, but no physical burn damage. Soot that seeps in to the components of these does how much damage? I presume it affects their life length, but by how much? Would I be within my rights to say i want them replaced, or can they tell me to just have them cleaned?
                                TV's should be ok. Plasma/Flatscreens or old school CRT?

Laptops/computers/consoles: Were any powered on at the time or all turned off?

Any of them that were powered on may have taken in smoke particles through the fan. probably worth investing in a computer vacuum and getting a local techie to give the hardware a once over to check for signs of damage. If there's signs on the outer cases of smoke damage (soot around the intake by the fans) may well have taken a bit of damage.

Definitely worth getting a quick check from a local techie. 100 quid now to get them checked will save you a few hundred every year onto your premium.
                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Seven Psychopaths screener doing the rounds.
                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                    seen this in shop lately.

I use olive oil myself and wondering what its like?

I hate Flora spreads so not exactly tempted just curious

I was about to write a response to Corbett about the benefits of Coconut Oil.

One of the main benefits is that its a massively saturated fat. It's one of the most stable oils about.

I don't like the idea of fucking with things that don't need to be fucked with. What sort of stuff do they add to the Flora to replace the fat?

Saturated Fats have earned a ridiculously bad name, but as with everything, the portion sizing and moderation are essential. Nobody's going to eat 100g of Coconut Oil in a day.

It's like the people using Low Fat mayo for their triple decker ham and cheese sandwich. You're on the right path (calorie restriction) but reducing the wrong ones!

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                      Bound to be some hassle Tony (specially with the reputation insurance companys have now). But Im not looking for anything extra. Just want my home and possessions back to the same standard I had last week.
                                      If you want to get away from it all for a few days when you sort out the details with the insurance company, you're welcome up here to chill out and relax for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post

it for the laugh.
                                        In the game, jonjo scored, then after the game, the goal was put it down as an og

http://www.premierleague.com/content...m-vs-liverpool
                                        They really have to make a decision on the day as they want to finalise all bets as quickly as possible; most bookies state in their rules that they go by some official source whether it be Sky Sports or the Press Association or an individual newspaper.

They can't be waiting around for a few weeks for the goals panel to decide.

Its the equivalent of how they pay out on the podium result in F1, regardless of what subsequent changes and appeals happen.

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post

it for the laugh.

http://www.premierleague.com/content...m-vs-liverpool
                                          Yes. You have no rights here at all.
                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                            Seven Psychopaths screener doing the rounds.
                                            brilliant.
                                            actually a good few releases today
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                              brilliant.
                                              actually a good few releases today
                                              The Alison Brie/Lizzy Caplan movie was released last week only getting to it now.
                                              "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                They really have to make a decision on the day as they want to finalise all bets as quickly as possible; most bookies state in their rules that they go by some official source whether it be Sky Sports or the Press Association or an individual newspaper.

They can't be waiting around for a few weeks for the goals panel to decide.

Its the equivalent of how they pay out on the podium result in F1, regardless of what subsequent changes and appeals happen.
                                                Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                Yes. You have no rights here at all.
                                                Thanks lads,

Was thinking the same lines, just wanted to have a check on other peoples opinions.

Comment

Amazed the premier league turned that decision around, if I remember correctly it was a blatant own goal so you're prob lucky to even get the stake back...
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

This the same one from over xmas yeah?

disable the Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service and reboot.
                                                    How to
                                                    general maintenance

One of my faves

Tbh, get rid of norton, it is a HUGE resource hog.
                                                    Disabled the Windows thingy and seems to have improved a good bit. What is a reboot?

Turned laptop off & on again anyway. Do I need to turn that Windows thingy back on or do I need it?

I notice when I go to power off I have to do a forced shutdown as it always says there are background programs running even though there shouldnt be?

Anyway buy ya a pint nextime, cheers.

Comment

@nuts_official Twitter account on Monday's always delivers.
                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

First night in Berlin tonight. Anyone know any good spots, pubs/clubs whatever for a few scoops ? Big long list please, gonna haveta hit as many spots as possible

Comment

Going to the Balzac Dining Rooms on friday.
                                                          Anyone ever been? Also looking for a decent but not crazy hotel in the city for that night.
                                                          People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                            First night in Berlin tonight. Anyone know any good spots, pubs/clubs whatever for a few scoops ? Big long list please, gonna haveta hit as many spots as possible
                                                            Think thats where A-ce is , im sure he can show the sights if he is not too busy with the young un
                                                            Her sky-ness
                                                            © 5starpool

Comment

Is getting on Ba in the fantasy football a must?
                                                              Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

going to join a library. hopeing I can get some work done there rather than procrastinatng like at home... don't hold breath.
                                                                X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                  Amazed the premier league turned that decision around, if I remember correctly it was a blatant own goal so you're prob lucky to even get the stake back...
                                                                  Ya it's a weird one. Definitely didn't touch him at all.

Comment

#librarybeer?

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                      #librarybeer?

living the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Wombatman View Post
                                                                        Is getting on Ba in the fantasy football a must?
                                                                        I'm not sure, I'd want to wait and see how Benitez uses his strikers. If he was guaranteed to start he'd be a must-have (he wasn't far off being one at Newcastle) but I don't think Torres is going to be discarded just like that.

You might as well get him in though, you can always ditch him if it's not going too well. At the moment there is no clear, obvious third striker as Tevez has gone to shit and Aguero is injured, so if you're going with 3 up top then I think Ba is as good a shout as anyone.

Comment

I got Ba in and am looking forward to hating Benitez and Torres over the coming weeks and months as Torres is bafflingly picked repeatedly despite his legs consistently being about 2 seconds behind his brain in everything he does these days.

The free wildcard has enabled a Van Persie, Suarez, Ba triumvirate up top.

Comment

anyone follow college football? which would be a decent game to watch tonight?

edit: lol at my college football knowledge i was looking at NCAA website think it was basketball i was looking at. is football all over?
                                                                            Last edited by eamonhonda; 07-01-13, 16:49.
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Used my wildcard this week too, might make some more changes but for now this is how it shapes up:

Finding it hard to include a City player, could be a leak.

Comment

Bought an item in Best Menswear today. Feeling old.

Comment

It started with cats, but didn't take long to escalate

I think we need an intervention before it goes any further, won't someone think of the children...

Puppy Taylor fights on after having throat slashed and left for dead in Portlaoise
                                                                                  Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post

Finding it hard to include a City player, could be a leak.
                                                                                    A team without Michu in it looking for leaks...

The only City player I have is Nastasic.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                      anyone follow college football? which would be a decent game to watch tonight?

edit: lol at my college football knowledge i was looking at NCAA website think it was basketball i was looking at. is football all over?
                                                                                      Irish- Alabama is meant to be a big one!
                                                                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                        Irish- Alabama is meant to be a big one!
                                                                                        And its on tonight nice one. BCS championship i read up on this before i think its a big one. all these bowls etc is confusion

edit:looks to be basically the superbowl of college football i think at least theres some sport for tonight.
                                                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Stoke city fantasy league
                                                                                          Official Fantasy Premier League 2023/24. Free to play fantasy football game, set up your fantasy football team at the Official Premier League site.

Comment

Originally posted by connie147 View Post
                                                                                            Oh, and one for the techie guys. 3 laptops, 3 tellies, 1 computer and 1 monitor for same, dvd player, play station and a wii. Obviously they suffered the smoke damage as well, but no physical burn damage. Soot that seeps in to the components of these does how much damage? I presume it affects their life length, but by how much? Would I be within my rights to say i want them replaced, or can they tell me to just have them cleaned?
                                                                                            Hi Connie,

They should be fine with a thorough cleaning. I've worked on PCs that have been sitting in steel mills for years, so soot is fine as long as it doesn't clog up any physical parts. i.e. the cooling fans. Just give em a good spraying with a can of compressed air inside and out.
                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

lol @ Jermaine Pennant's team name.

Comment

Lol and facepalm at Pennant's team-name.

I don't really like the January wildcard. It just means everyone will pretty much have an identical team and gives people a huge chance to rectify mistakes they've made earlier on.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                  You know that's illegal right? And that some cunt around here will turn you in :-), probably Icarus
                                                                                                  I've given up explaining myself to dummies. I'm not the jackass whisperer.
                                                                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Hey lads quick question if someone can help plz

I bought a $26 steps ticket in the full tilt store, I won a steps ticket $75

I don't want to play any more I just want cash or play like $10 sngs is there any way to do this?

Comment

Kenwyne Jones picks himself lol.

Comment

Originally posted by TomD View Post
                                                                                                        This thread and the associated facebook arguments are worth reading.

tl;dr Neo Nazi fighting at an MMA event in Citywest on 9th Feb.
                                                                                                        Unfortunate quote from Rounders.

Originally posted by rounders123
                                                                                                        The holocaust is a bit far fetched in my book.

Comment

Fantasy Football Team in a jocker? Tevez captain, Brad Guzan vice-captain?
                                                                                                          Looking for a fresh start?

Then the Premier League Predictions Competition II could be just the thing for you.

Entry fee is just €20 and the Sky is the Limit on prizemoney.

For more details.....

Comment

I thought Django unchained was meh. His weakest ever tbh.
                                                                                                            Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              I've got a fitness type question.

I'm not quite as unfit as I look I walk plenty and swim occasionally but I don't do anything else much other than work in the garden.
                                                                                                              The problem is that about 5 times in the year I have to do a long session of medium heavy digging probably about 2 - 3 hours in the garden and would spend another few hours on my knees working. I stretch for a few minutes before I start and a bit when I'm finished but every time I wake up next day and the muscles at the back of my thighs are very sore and they will stay that way for nearly a week no matter what I do.
                                                                                                              Is there something specific that doesn't involve going to a gym that I could be doing to stop this happening?
                                                                                                              Get Keane to do it
                                                                                                              "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Going to watch The Impossible now ....alone! Chanel said she wont watch it with me because she heard it was too sad. I said shur we can have a good ole cry together lol no joy.

Heard its excellent so here goes tissues at the ready!
                                                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                  Get Keane to do it
                                                                                                                  That's the problem with not reading through the bbv first

Wp Ole
                                                                                                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                                                    Going to watch The Impossible now ....alone! Chanel said she wont watch it with me because she heard it was too sad. I said shur we can have a good ole cry together lol no joy.

Heard its excellent so here goes tissues at the ready!
                                                                                                                    It's not excellent. It's ok, but cliched and predictable a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                                      I thought Django unchained was meh. His weakest ever tbh.
                                                                                                                      Gotta be Jackie Brown surely? Really dislike that film. Thought Django was quite enjoyable whilst having no real meaning

Comment

This made me laugh given recent goings on in here.

SPOILER
                                                                                                                        Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                                                          Kenwyne Jones picks himself lol.
                                                                                                                          Begovic doesnt pick himself lol

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X