Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shocking the amount of people who thought some random nerd from Waterford would actually have inside info on the showbiz scene.

Comment

Hi stupid here how do you delete post .....done it before ....but can not find delete button
      https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
      http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

Originally posted by greywolf View Post
        Hi stupid here how do you delete post .....done it before ....but can not find delete button
        edit delete
        Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
          This a medical type position? You'd be slightly concerned with the system if they're not doing basic back checks here!

But in general in my relatively short working life I'm amazed how far quality spoofers can get in life.
          A guy I know has an entire cv of lies, and I'm quite confident that it'll serve him well! The "people get what they deserve" stuff is nonsense. Do companies even check up people's results?

Comment

Nice to see Go Native back looking classy!
            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
              Nice to see Go Native back looking classy!
              I like free money.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                A guy I know has an entire cv of lies, and I'm quite confident that it'll serve him well! The "people get what they deserve" stuff is nonsense. Do companies even check up people's results?
                Well people should get what they deserve even if doesn't turn out that way, but fairly sure most employers do check results, unless they're incompetent themselves, of course.

Comment

I want to go into town in an hour or so for a bite to eat, what's the story with the marathon, will it be over by then?

Wondering about streets closed off etc
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                    Well people should get what they deserve even if doesn't turn out that way, but fairly sure most employers do check results, unless they're incompetent themselves, of course.
                    Apparently only 20% of large companies check results google tells me.

Comment

Funnily enough i started working for an american company at the start of the year, this includes an in depth background check and they look for results etc. Never had to do this for my previous two irish employers and its a good job my cv is accurate.

Know a good few lads that have cv's that have been embellished with all sorts but then some firms just seem to not even look at timelines and results.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                        I want to go into town in an hour or so for a bite to eat, what's the story with the marathon, will it be over by then?

Was walking through town about half an hour ago and there seemed to be no restrictions. Saw some middle-aged women with finishers t-shirts so presume it's all wrapped up.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                          Apparently only 20% of large companies check results google tells me.
                          If that's accurate then I'm fairly shocked. How could you employ someone and not check these things??? Absolutely baffling...

Comment

HI Lazare,

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules here, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of the Leo Traynor troll story and a few people on this board have hinted he used to post here under another name.

I thought you may be able to help me out by telling me what his handle was here.

Many Thanks,

JosieXMiller

Comment

Are you saying it's a good/clever thing to do so or would you be against it?

Comment

Originally posted by MackersJaney View Post
                                HI Lazare,

I hope I'm not violating any forum rules here, but I'm trying to get to the bottom of the Leo Traynor troll story and a few people on this board have hinted he used to post here under another name.

I thought you may be able to help me out by telling me what his handle was here.

Many Thanks,

JosieXMiller
                                Hi JosieXMiller,

I'm terribly sorry, but I have absolutely no idea what you're talking about.

Sounds interesting though.

Keep me informed.

Kind regards,

Lazare

Comment

He's saying that Karma doesnt exist (I'm pretty sure anyway thats how I read it)

Comment

Of course I'd be against it. It's just that it's a reassuring feeling to believe that people will "get what they deserve" but it's highly unlikely to be true. If you finished without a degree it'd be highly immoral but probably +ev to gambool it up and lie.
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 29-10-12, 15:41.

Comment

Its not a medical job. And to be fair, despite my intense dislike for the person i dare say they'd be fairly good at the job, its a graduate one but one that relies primarily on talking to people and being schmoozy. The person is a pathological liar so I'm sure they'd be great at it. However, i think its unfair and i think they're a cunt so it just annoyed me.

Prob won't do anything about it because id feel too bent, even though it'd prob be the right thing to do.

Comment

You'd imagine there'd have to be a correlation between companies who do thorough background checks and long term stability/success of said company compared to those who don't. Like I understand how it may be time consuming and there's lots of other factors that come into play when deciding who to hire but surely it's got to be up there with the most important ones.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                          He's saying that Karma doesnt exist (I'm pretty sure anyway thats how I read it)
                                          Just interested to see what the general consensus on fibbing in CVs is, cos (and maybe this is just me!) I can't really get my head around the logic of it being a good thing to do. I kinda think it makes more sense to actually do things so you don't have to lie....again, maybe I'm just terribly naive.

Comment

HI Lazare,

I think this is a case of crossed wires, we've had trolls here, but Leo Traynor wasn't one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by colquhom View Post
                                              Its not a medical job. And to be fair, despite my intense dislike for the person i dare say they'd be fairly good at the job, its a graduate one but one that relies primarily on talking to people and being schmoozy. The person is a pathological liar so I'm sure they'd be great at it.
                                              Sounds exactly like the person I know

Comment

Sounds exactly like the person I know
                                                ha, i doubt its the same.

Comment

Originally posted by markc View Post
                                                  Lol. Payback a bitch eh?
                                                  You're one of the few who got the real name.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                  Shocking the amount of people who thought some random nerd from Waterford would actually have inside info on the showbiz scene.
                                                  No PM for you, come back one year.
                                                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                                    You're one of the few who got the real name.

No PM for you, come back one year.
                                                    Dont think so. Dates look v unlikely. Public reports also refer to him as a veteran entertainer, again an unlikely description for ur named suspect....

Comment

I think this is a case of crossed wires, we've had trolls here, but Leo Traynor wasn't one of them.

Fairly sure you're being sarcastic but just in case...

I think he's looking for Leo Traynor's troll.

Edit, I copped what the guy was talking about (in deleted post)
                                                      Last edited by Lazare; 29-10-12, 15:48.

Comment

Twas something Strewelpeter said here http://pages.citebite.com/g6s7n6u8curr

I've sent him a private message and haven't received a reply so I thought I might have better luck here.

Josie (a pseudonym)

josiexmiller@gmail.com

Comment

Ya, even though I've no love for the person Lazare named there was nothing to say it was anything to do with him, and I don't want any excuses. I've deleted the post. It's the first I've heard of this Leo Traynor thing anyhow, but it's absolutely nothing to do with us here.

Comment

I've sent him a private message and haven't received a reply so I thought I might have better luck here.

Josie (a pseudonym)

josiexmiller@gmail.com
                                                            There was a member here who is long since banned who would have had a history of being vulgar/abusive behind online anonymity, but the ages certainly do not match. I don't think he was actually suggesting it was the same person, more that it was similar.

I don't want any speculating going on in public threads about possible names anyhow, but if you receive anything in PM there is nothing I can do about it, but we won't be speculating on that here.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Josie (a pseudonym)

josiexmiller@gmail.com

That link is kinda spooky.

Btw, I think Strewelpeter was suggesting Traynor's troll reminded him of our troll, not that they were one and the same.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                  Ya, even though I've no love for the person Lazare named there was nothing to say it was anything to do with him, and I don't want any excuses. I've deleted the post. It's the first I've heard of this Leo Traynor thing anyhow, but it's absolutely nothing to do with us here.
                                                                  Hello,

I didn't think it was anything to do with you, just a topic that was discussed here. I'll send Lazare a private message.

Josie

Comment

Comment

Lads that's a pathetic attempt at covering up this story. Keep at it Josie and you will get to the truth. I'd say bang off a few more PM's to Strewel as he clearly knows more than the lads are letting on.

Opr

Comment

Oh Good Lord, I'm not even aware of the second scandal. I just want to get to the bottom of the Leo Traynor thing. I'm having a very hard time understanding why so many people are covering up for him.

It makes no sense at all to me.

Comment

Who the fuck is Leo traynor?
                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Thank you Opr. I appreciate it.
                                                                            Last edited by MackersJaney; 29-10-12, 16:04. Reason: to add name

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                              This is easily the best generation ever. Just about every previous one was distracted by survival, food, war, disease, religion. But we can unleash our most vibrant minds on things like this. It nearly brings a tear to the eye thinking about how far we've come.
                                                                              I think the only disaster advice I've seen on twitter so far was how to extend your iphone's battery.

Comment

Pics and videos emerging of a fire in Mullingar. Twitter and FB says its a fuel depot at rear of Penneys and M+S, next to the old Army Barracks. I'l try and post a video that has public sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                                                                  notorious anti-Semite lazare backtracking like mad here.
                                                                                  Can you please explain the anti-semite connection

Thx,

Josie

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                    +1

Comment

Josie is clearly a member of Mossad. Come clean lads. Have you not seen Munich.

Comment

Josie= Solskjaer??
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                            Journalist who was being trolled on fb and twitter and 'real-life', including being sent anti-semetic messages to his front door. LT traced him down.
                                                                                            Leo Traynor: He drove me off Twitter, hacked my Facebook, and abused and terrified my family. Yet the biggest shock of all was meeting him

Doubts have been raised over the veracity of the story.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                              Best ep of The Walking Dead in about 2 years
                                                                                              Agreed. I'd be really happy if that opening scene was a reset for the whole show.

Opr

Comment

Wat.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                  Agreed. I'd be really happy if that opening scene was a reset for the whole show.

Opr
                                                                                                  SPOILER
                                                                                                  Haven't seen the latest one but I was ready to quit watching it if he didn't kill the prisoners.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                    Josie is clearly a member of Mossad. Come clean lads. Have you not seen Munich.
                                                                                                    I was just telling someone the other day what a great movie Munich was.

If Leo Traynor is anything like Daniel Craig and Eric Bana, that would be amazing.

Comment

Tomb of the Unknowns

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                        Pics and videos emerging of a fire in Mullingar. Twitter and FB says its a fuel depot at rear of Penneys and M+S, next to the old Army Barracks. I'l try and post a video that has public sharing.
                                                                                                        This it?

Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post

Oh good Lord.

Lazare, the marathon will be over for all but the fattest, slowest of women who unwisely decided earlier in the month that they would give it a try with training consisting of cutting down on curries to only 5 times a week.

They will be wandering around the streets bewildered and in ravenous hunger. I wouldn't dare risk getting in between one of them and a morsel of food. It will be like something out of 28 Days Later.

If you do go then at least bring a crowbar. Aim for the head, the stomach is too well protected. Good luck to you.
                                                                                                          Last edited by hotspur; 29-10-12, 16:21.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                                            Journalist who was being trolled on fb and twitter and 'real-life', including being sent anti-semetic messages to his front door. LT traced him down.
                                                                                                            Leo Traynor: He drove me off Twitter, hacked my Facebook, and abused and terrified my family. Yet the biggest shock of all was meeting him

Doubts have been raised over the veracity of the story.
                                                                                                            Here's a good summary of why doubts have been raised:

Comment

Originally posted by shrapnel View Post
                                                                                                              posted these guys in music king as one of my current favorite irish bands with huge potential. Finally they're starting to do videos. It's not my favorite track of their second album but is still great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bn0sv...eature=related
                                                                                                              BTW, these guys are playing in Whelans on wednesday. Should be a good one. Tix are 10 euros.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                                                  Best popcorn thread ever ended up getting removed from the site due to the guy going deep in the WSOP. That was an amazing story

Opr
                                                                                                                  Hawkeye wasn't it?
                                                                                                                  That was brilliant
                                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Here's a good summary of why doubts have been raised:

http://paulclarke.com/honestlyreal/2...e-bell-trolls/
                                                                                                                    I'd be interested to know what exactly your motivation for this is?

Comment

The Island Where People Forget to Die

Comment

Oh Good Lord, I'm not even aware of the second scandal. I just want to get to the bottom of the Leo Traynor thing. I'm having a very hard time understanding why so many people are covering up for him.

It makes no sense at all to me.
                                                                                                                        The second scandal involves sensitive info that I can release only by pm, sorry.
                                                                                                                        Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

I'd be interested to know what exactly your motivation for this is?
                                                                                                                          I have a longstanding personal interest in hoaxes. This one has captured my fancy in a big way.

The more I've explored it, the stranger people have acted.

I guess I feel like I've read a mystery book or seen a movie, where someone's chopped off the ending.

I'm not interested in outing anyone. I'm just interested in understanding what's happened here and why.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X