This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
    Nothing happened to him really. More what happens when teams can prepare for a player.
    He has been pretty poor this year. He threw a horrendous pick 6 there in the game, not exactly sure what he was at. I know from the ESPN podcast I listen to that Ross Tucker consistently talks about his poor attitude this year and things behind the scenes but never says really whats going on which is annoying.

Hopefully the Cowboys shock the Giants now

Comment

Chelsea have apparently lodged a complaint against Mark Clattenberg for racist language used against two players.

Opr

Comment

Can all this racism shit fup off.

Comment

just in case this hasn't been posted

Comment

LOL @ Romo

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
              LOL @ Romo
              Jesus Christ, lofted it at JPP. Turning that off now, game over

Comment

Absolutely wrecked. First time in 2 years having to go to work with a hangover so not worth it. Too tired to even eat and Im starving! So had a few glasses of Sparkling Wine that himself surprised me with ( along with the flowers ) and half a cup of green olives, are olives fattening?? Heading to bed now.
                Her sky-ness
                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                  Jesus Christ, lofted it at JPP. Turning that off now, game over
                  23-10 now. could be a great game if the Cowboys score next

Comment

just about but best i have felt all week

This too shall pass.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM

Welcome back - you should sign up for a nice relaxing stress-free game of Werewolf.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPmVhyHBRAM

Welcome back. I saw that movie last night in the IFI.
                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

23-10 now. could be a great game if the Cowboys score next
                            Huge 4th but they should have had an easy score before that, game on so

Comment

Cowboys showing some

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                I saw that movie last night in the IFI.
                                I have a weird memory of seeing it in the 'Classic' cinema in Harolds Cross. It couldn't have been on its first release though, must have been about 1981/82. Mostly remember thinking it was filthy and not suitable for kids at all

Quite a few sometimes strong references. Roll in the hay joke. "Knockers" reference, at one point Dr Frankenstein asks his pretty young assistant to "elevate me" and she looks down & says "what, here, now?" Tells his fiancee' that he prefers "old-fashioned wedding nights". Shown lying in bed naked (but covered by blanket) with his assistant, smoking a post sex cigarette. He is talking to his fiancee & he asked to sleep in her room that night & she responded by would you have me here & now so soon before our wedding & he buries his face into her breasts followed by a talk about waiting to have sex until after their wedding & other suggestive material. It is suggested the monster exposes himself to a woman & then the monster has sex with her, later on she makes mention that that will be their 7th time & they start to do it again. Ends with orgasm off screen.
                                Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

C'mon Cowboys! Hold!

Comment

Great comeback from Cowboys. That Torres sending off is more ridiculous the more I see it

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                      I have a weird memory of seeing it in the 'Classic' cinema in Harolds Cross. It couldn't have been on its first release though, must have been about 1981/82. Mostly remember thinking it was filthy and not suitable for kids at all
                                      Lol, it was fairly tame, not that I'd bring a kid.
                                      Think it's from 1974.

Comment

I called the comeback when the Cowboys were 23-0 down. Look at my twitter if you dont believe me

Comment

I called the comeback when the Cowboys were 23-0 down. Look at my twitter if you dont believe me
                                          Sure its not even Manning time yet, Cowboys need to be 2 scores up with very little left in the game

nvm
                                          Last edited by ghostface; 28-10-12, 22:46.

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                            Lol, it was fairly tame, not that I'd bring a kid.
                                            Think it's from 1974.
                                            In priest ridden Ireland it was still pretty racy for a 12 year old in 1982

May interrupt my current James Bond marathon to watch it again, and just when I got to watch the first 'Jones The Bond' one. Already prefer him to either Connery or Moore.

Mel Brooks' classic comedy Young Frankenstein in five minutes.

Comment

WB Ole dude, as I said on facebook just remember things could always be worse, you could be Lazare.

Srsly though hope the recovery is going well and we can remove you from the thread title sometime soon

Comment

WP you little bollix

Comment

But just when they came up with a cool one, Stevie G gets this celebration in for the last Pool 'goal'

[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                    WB Ole dude, as I said on facebook just remember things could always be worse, you could be Lazare.
                                                    I'm still expecting to see Lazare in his Halloween costume

Comment

You think no one is about reading the thread and then you see the forest of lurkers thanking Oleras post

Opr

Comment

boom, gwan giants.

aaannnndddd squeaky bum time again.
                                                        Last edited by Micknail; 28-10-12, 23:37.
                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          You think no one is about reading the thread and then you see the forest of lurkers thanking Oleras post

Opr
                                                          There is always people reading (and F5'ing) this thread, its nuts the amount of views the various BBV's have always had.

Comment

fingertip out 1st???? wow

Comment

please be good

Comment

Such a sick finish!

Comment

Originally posted by BrianN View Post
                                                                  Such a sick finish!
                                                                  Im going to batter the next person i see in real life who uses the word sick if its unrelated to some illness.
                                                                  Last edited by Guest; 28-10-12, 23:47.

Comment

wawa.

god bless having the proper refs back!
                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

some bint been screaming for the last 10 mins on the tv

Comment

Best sport in the world

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                          Im going to batter the next person i see in real life who uses the word sick if its unrelated to some illness.
                                                                          That is sick man.

Comment

Well that's the NFC East locked up for the Giants

Comment

There is always people reading (and F5'ing) this thread, its nuts the amount of views the various BBV's have always had.
                                                                              Pretty mad that most of those people reading the thread now thanking the post are people who read/post regularly and doesn't even include the real lurkers who lurk and don't post. Think it was the most viewed thread on boards in its first incarnation?

Opr

Comment

Pretty mad that most of those people reading the thread now thanking the post are people who read/post regularly and doesn't even include the real lurkers who lurk and don't post. Think it was the most viewed thread on boards in its first incarnation?

Opr
                                                                                Yup, I think the popularity of the thread and forum kina bugged out the boards elite, with the exception of Tom obv.

Comment

Yup, I think the popularity of the thread and forum kina bugged out the boards elite, with the exception of Tom obv.
                                                                                  Why did it bug them IYO?

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    Why did it bug them IYO?
                                                                                    We had the thing they always wanted, a group that were smart and could interact socially

Comment

Opr
                                                                                      I see them all the time.

They live in the shadows.

Occasionally, you might catch a glimpse of movement from the side of your eye.Walking around like regular people. They don't see each other. They only see what they want to see.

I see dumb people.
                                                                                      Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                        Why did it bug them IYO?
                                                                                        Yeh, would of thought to have popular forums and thread was what they were trying to achieve in setting up a public forum.

Can you give me a cliff on what happened over there and how IPB started, wasnt around then and have just heard that it was something to do with Lloyd.

Comment

Gotta love the Gronk

Comment

I was actually looking for the podcast Tom did about boards a good while back (Anyone has it pm me a link please) and I stumbled on his old well thread which I ended up reading. Felt bad about how things worked out after reading his obvious love for the forum which came through in the well.

I was kinda thinking after about how Social media has evolved in general and I think this site is a great evolutionary example of how people want it to evolve. People come together through a shared medium online like in our case Poker. After a while that evolves after you have gotten to know those people over the years so when it comes to discussing other things you feel more comfortable within that forum whether it's music/ sport etc or any other topic completely unrelated as you know them from completely unrelated stuff.

I think boards suffers badly in that I've no inclination to get involved in a debate in for example 'after hours' with some randomer about a subject I may have an interest but without any connection or knowing that person from a little more rounded view who really gives a fuck about the conversation? I think it's a really interesting topic in terms of where social media/boards etc are going or how they will develop.

Edit - On your point I think they could see the evolution and how it was uncontrollable for boards so was better to stop it.

Opr

Comment

The POTD regularly came from the poker forum which didnt entertain the idiots and thanks whores of After hours. which they didnt like obviously

Comment

I was actually looking for the podcast Tom did about boards a good while back (Anyone has it pm me a link please) and I stumbled on his old well thread which I ended up reading. Felt bad about how things worked out after reading his obvious love for the forum which came through in the well.

I was kinda thinking after about how Social media has evolved in general and I think this site is a great evolutionary example of how people want it to evolve. People come together through a shared medium online like in our case Poker. After a while that evolves after you have gotten to know those people over the years so when it comes to discussing other things you feel more comfortable within that forum whether it's music/ sport etc or any other topic completely unrelated as you know them from completely unrelated stuff.

I think boards suffers badly in that I've no inclination to get involved in a debate in for example 'after hours' with some randomer about a subject I may have an interest but without any connection or knowing that person from a little more rounded view who really gives a fuck about the conversation? I think it's a really interesting topic in terms of where social media/boards etc are going or how they will develop.

Edit - On your point I think they could see the evolution and how it was uncontrollable for boards so was better to stop it.

Opr
                                                                                                Boards has basically turned into lists of conversations and posts similar to those under youtube videos. Cant stand it.

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown View Post
                                                                                                  Yeh, would of thought to have popular forums and thread was what they were trying to achieve in setting up a public forum.

Can you give me a cliff on what happened over there and how IPB started, wasnt around then and have just heard that it was something to do with Lloyd.
                                                                                                  Christ, this is a long one but will try to summarise it in a few lines.

Essentially our group outgrew the restraints of Boards, as a group of mods we saw hassle down the line, and then this manifested itself in a few incidents which the rest of the forum/community got involved in.We tried to and succesfully did resolve the first flash point ( a needless deleting of the BBV), but another few flashpoints happened, the biggest of which was Lloyd getting dumped from a voluntary role in a very unsatisfactory manner and we decided to give a new site and clean break a shot. Was always a big chance it would fall flat on its face but thankfully it didnt.

Probly worth pointing out though that the break with Boards was amicable and we've always done our best to ensure there was no childish bullshit afterwards, mostly for DeVore's sake really.

Comment

The POTD regularly came from the poker forum which didnt entertain the idiots and thanks whores of After hours. which they didnt like obviously
                                                                                                    lol, best example was Hotspurs POTD from the feedback forum - the I wanna be a witch brigade, which got hm a ban from feedback but about 100 thanks from poker folks

Comment

tbf he went apeshit over the counting thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                        That was ridic.

All of you post random numbers to put them off and I just post ''sausages'' and I got sitebanned longer than anyone else.

Comment

does anyone have redjokers post over the counting thing? That was the GOAT post from the old place

Comment

7

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                                                              Boards has basically turned into lists of conversations and posts similar to those under youtube videos. Cant stand it.
                                                                                                              tbf, it depends on the forum. The likes of After Hours its certainly true but some of the more specialist forums it wouldnt be the case. Guess the size of the place has led to that but the more dedicated fora wouldnt be impacted as much

Comment

tbf, it depends on the forum. The likes of After Hours its certainly true but some of the more specialist forums it wouldnt be the case. Guess the size of the place has led to that but the more dedicated fora wouldnt be impacted as much
                                                                                                                Yeah true, All the more subject specific forums (like this would have been, I presume!) you wouldnt really get that nonsense.

Comment

does anyone have redjokers post over the counting thing? That was the GOAT post from the old place

$7.99 if you want to see the rest of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Zosma View Post
                                                                                                                    I cant even remember exactly who went ape, but Gordon was the one who deleted the BBV that time. The funniest thing in hindsight was Lazare getting a ban from it all though

GFYL

It was all my fault really as I gave a green light to folks going and messing up that count to a million thing. Got a couple of genuine lols and went to the pub, all the time unaware of the bombshell about to go off

Comment

So let me see if Im getting this right.... they were literally going to try and count to a million??? But...Whyyyy?!

Comment

32

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                                                                          So let me see if Im getting this right.... they were literally going to try and count to a million??? But...Whyyyy?!
                                                                                                                          They didn't have time to count to 10 million
                                                                                                                          Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X