This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Why is this stupid prick who can't talk english commentating.
    dude you can't say that, that's powerfully racist
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
      I hope you excluded the last 2 and a bit seasons from it's only sunny there cos they were shit. Up to that it was excellent
      I believe the writers changed around then? They wrote the show themselves, but then professional writers started contributing in season 7 I think.

I'm a big fan of the show, so it is possible after the first few seasons they could do no wrong in my eyes, but I think every season of the show has been class. The episode "The Gang Desperately Tries to Win an Award" is as close to perfect as a sitcom episode can get imo.
      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
        dude you can't say that, that's powerfully racist
        I can, hes a cunt.
        airport, lol

Comment

Why do people watch sit coms ?

To laugh a few times in 22 mins of not working and forget about the cunt they work/live/travel/fuck with...escapism and laughter.
          This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
            It is such a bad show I use to watch it just to cringe at it!! I think sometimes u need to watch sh*t like this to help u understand the standard of tv shows! When people give out about TD I tell them to watch two broke girls and then come back to me and tell me what is bad!
            I'm all for a bit of light garbage to switch your brain off to but I think watching this makes people worse, even Kat Dennings huge tits couldn't redeem it.
            "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
              I believe the writers changed around then? They wrote the show themselves, but then professional writers started contributing in season 7 I think.

I'm a big fan of the show, so it is possible after the first few seasons they could do no wrong in my eyes, but I think every season of the show has been class. The episode "The Gang Desperately Tries to Win an Award" is as close to perfect as a sitcom episode can get imo.
              you have seen every Seinfeld episode i take it by that blase, throwaway remark ? ?
              This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                I'm all for a bit of light garbage to switch your brain off to but I think watching this makes people worse, even Kat Dennings huge tits couldn't redeem it.
                Your anti 2 broke girls stance is actually becoming a comedy in itself, the girls would be glad...i shall pass on that info in my next fan club e-mail.
                This too shall pass.

Comment

2 broke girls is genuinely pretty funny in a subtle clever humour sort of way. It passes over some heads.

Comment

Some serious drama going on at one of the tables. I've no idea what happened cos I'm in the bar but I just met the head of the Gleneagle hotel group and he's not happy. He wants play finished for tonight and everyone back tomorrow. Dice on 750k. 11 left

Comment

Riggs lives his life ahead of the curve...and it shows.

^5
                      This too shall pass.

Comment

The episode "The Gang Desperately Tries to Win an Award" is as close to perfect as a sitcom episode can get imo.
                        I'm gonna watch that episode so. Please remind me if I forget to report.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                          Recently I needed a new breakfast sitcom
                          Opinions on Community? Would have thought clever writing in that would have been your thing. Will also second Party Down.
                          Have been enjoying Silicon Valley and friends are raving about The League, next on the list for me.

Comment

Originally posted by bohsman View Post
                            Opinions on Community? Would have thought clever writing in that would have been your thing. Will also second Party Down.
                            Have been enjoying Silicon Valley and friends are raving about The League, next on the list for me.
                            its good, semi improv, last season or so wasnt great though.
                            airport, lol

Comment

Im loving 30 Rock, only on S2 but ate through S1, very funny and snappy writing and Tina Fay is very hot, in an Elaine kinda hot...which is very hot...
                              This too shall pass.

Comment

2 and a half hours i have been watching a million ways to die....and i still have 20 mins left, its a walkout imo.
                                This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                  Im loving 30 Rock, only on S2 but ate through S1, very funny and snappy writing and Tina Fay is very hot, in an Elaine kinda hot...which is very hot...
                                  Love 30 Rock, Katrina Bowden the hot one tho, from season 3 or so obviously..

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                    I have defended at least 2 lowest common denominator sitcoms (both Chuck Lorre creations) as being good. I would defend them again structurally. But usually I'm a bit of a comedy snob.

I have to hold my hands up and say I used to enjoy both Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory. But then I think the sitcom Joey was very good too.

Recently I needed a new breakfast sitcom after running through Parks and Recreation. Tried 30 Rock but while fun I didn't think it was actually funny. Made a second stab at Always Sunny in Philadelphia and didn't get past episode 2.

Watching latest season of Louie (not actually enjoying this season). Didn't bother finishing latest season of Archer. And then I think Extras is the only currently existing comedy I watch.

30 rock is probably the best comedy there is in my opinion, surprised to see the dislike. Parks and rec being second.

Things like 2 and a half men and how I met your mother are the worst. In fact anything that relies on canned laughter is terrible. Big bang theory gets a break because its about nerdy people that I can relate to.

Edit: at 12:04 I became 28, jaysus.

Comment

I have argued against Community on here before. Gave it a real go, and was actually my inaugural breakfast sitcom (a splendid idea that), but just didn't take to it.

edit: Actually with the tricky breakfast slot in which I have been trying sitcoms and not taking to them, perhaps the time of day is the issue more than the sitcoms per se. I'm shattered in the mornings and maybe some sitcoms demand a different state.
                                      Last edited by hotspur; 22-06-14, 23:15.

Comment

HIMYM had it's moments, slap bet that went on over a few seasons, things like that so would put it a small step ahead of 2.5 and BBT. Never really got Parks and Rec or Workaholics.

Comment

G'wan the distant cousins.

Comment

you have seen every Seinfeld episode i take it by that blase, throwaway remark ? ?
                                            I have not. I'd say I've only seen 10-20% of all Seinfeld episodes. Perhaps I should've said as close to perfect as I've seen. I don't doubt Seinfeld could compete though tbh.
                                            Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

HIMYM had it's moments, slap bet that went on over a few seasons, things like that so would put it a small step ahead of 2.5 and BBT. Never really got Parks and Rec or Workaholics.
                                              I did about half an episode of HIMYM and we were like, get this shit off our screen and burn it, perhaps I should give it more of a chance.

Ah i find parks too damn funny http://www.rentaswag.com/
                                              Workaholics is a lower tier comedy but its ok

I must do more Arrested Development, seems damn good, gf didnt like it at the time so cba then and went on to 30 rock which I want to rewatch at the mere mention of.
                                              I give it 5/5 ipods up.
                                              Last edited by Tar.Aldarion; 22-06-14, 23:35.

Comment

One of my friends who would be a big comedy show watcher/wannabe writer got me into Community. As far as light, laugh for 22 minutes sitcoms go, I'd say Community is very decent.

For sitcoms, I'd divide them into:
                                                Would go out of my way to watch online/would switch to show on TV/wouldn't turn off TV/would turn off TV
                                                Community would fit somewhere between Tier 1 and 2
                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have not. I'd say I've only seen 10-20% of all Seinfeld episodes. Perhaps I should've said as close to perfect as I've seen. I don't doubt Seinfeld could compete though tbh.
                                                  Compete and stick its face in the poo.

See, whats funny about Jerry, besides the fantastic writing between himself and Larry (never got Curb, maybe when im older) its the out and out inability of Jerry to act and mixed in you have fantastic characters of course.

2 broke girls....Seinfeld 2 ? ? who knows...
                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

There is no right answer. No two people are the same. Everyone has different tastes.

Frasier > Everything else though you muppets.

Comment

#realnicesoccer

Comment

Without being pedantic, is Dempsey's head offside for that goal?
                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Just don't watch trailer park boys.
                                                          I want my time back after 7 seasons and seven laughs.
                                                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

frasier so fucking good

Comment

Compete and stick its face in the poo.

See, whats funny about Jerry, besides the fantastic writing between himself and Larry (never got Curb, maybe when im older) its the out and out inability of Jerry to act and mixed in you have fantastic characters of course.

2 broke girls....Seinfeld 2 ? ? who knows...
                                                              Yeah as CHD says, everyone's different. Seinfeld is class, and I wouldn't disagree with anyone that says it's the GOAT show. But It's Always Sunny just hits my sense of humour on the head.

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                              There is no right answer. No two people are the same. Everyone has different tastes.

Frasier > Everything else though you muppets.
                                                              Frasier quite good alright
                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

trailer park boys is class! havent seen it all but what I have is hilarious
                                                                airport, lol

Comment

Dice75 makes the IPO Killarney final table, sitting 7 out of 8 coming back tomorrow for a 2pm start. Also on the final table is John Hanaphy & Liam Delaney.
                                                                  "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Without being pedantic, is Dempsey's head offside for that goal?
                                                                    Feet, Torso and head can be offside. Your arms can't be. That is what it used to be at least. Might just be feet now.

AJ will enlighten us.

Comment

Hotspur gave up on Archer ? ? gay.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                        Just don't watch trailer park boys.
                                                                        I want my time back after 7 seasons and seven laughs.
                                                                        TPB is sensational and I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.

Comment

Dice was in the scoop6 yeah ? we were letting it ride on his ticket ?coooollllll
                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Possible Ronaldo tears in T-3 minutes

Comment

My fault.

Comment

This World Cup is without doubt the GOAT
                                                                                The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                  Shaping up that way.

KO stages have the potential to make it even better.

Comment

Feet, Torso and head can be offside. Your arms can't be. That is what it used to be at least. Might just be feet now.

AJ will enlighten us.
                                                                                    "Any part of your body that can score a goal" was always my understanding of the rule.
                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Mickey Rosa View Post
                                                                                      just sensational. Incredible there's so many games are delivering.
                                                                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

"Any part of your body that can score a goal" was always my understanding of the rule.
                                                                                        We need a batman style light that calls AJ to the thread for these things.

Comment

Comment

Six white stripes, seven red stripes and a helluva alotta stars!!!!!

Usa
                                                                                            usa
                                                                                            usa
                                                                                            usa

Comment

Just finished True Detective series... Truly awesome tv at its finest. Never really had much time for McConaughey but he was superb.
                                                                                              No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                                                                Seems to be dated 10 years ago. Could be out of date. Was my understanding though. The technology seems to go from feet position so it's probably how it is now.

Comment

Hotspur, opinions on this show please (if possible)

Comment

On the subject of comedys, some channel last night aired the first episode of 'Game on', a bbc 2 comedy from the 90's some may recall?

I remember liking it as a youth but wasn't sure whether it would hold up. It did, not riotous laugh out loud stuff but dtill entertaining. The lead reclusive main character added a bit of an edginess.

Comment

Samantha Janus' arse added a lot more to that show TBH
                                                                                                      Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                                                                                      https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

...
                                                                                                        "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

We need a batman style light that calls AJ to the thread for these things.
                                                                                                          Jamfly is correct. Arms can be offside, any other part can't.

Comment

...
                                                                                                            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by mocata View Post
                                                                                                              Samantha Janus' arse added a lot more to that show TBH
                                                                                                              She was worth a google image search.
                                                                                                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                Abandoned mine in Russia. A mile wide. Mankind, fck yeah!
                                                                                                                Where is that in Russia?
                                                                                                                Diamond mine or ore?

Must have taken ages to drive a dumper truck from bottom to top.
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Scrubs is/was a pretty legit comedy

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                                                                                    Scrubs is/was a pretty legit comedy
                                                                                                                    Defo early seasons. Got pretty poor towards end.

Modern Family is my current comedy of choice. Its class.
                                                                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                                      Defo early seasons. Got pretty poor towards end.

Modern Family is my current comedy of choice. Its class.
                                                                                                                      Modern family and the first 6 series of the US office for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                                                                        Good company imo:

He's not such a cunt after all

Comment

Comedy is shit. One of the worst art forms on the planet.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X