This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Euromillions was last night. So maybe you should go back and give that stupid cunt an apology
    Fuck you, she still fucked up by not giving me what I asked for or telling me it didn't exist. Tbh, I probably just said 3 euro for the euromillions. She still fucked up and owes me 56m.

P.S Fuck you EamonSkoda
    X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
    Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-04-14, 01:30.
      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        The wife has been suggesting loads of opportunities for drinking since we got back from Venice. She almost never drinks, but now its a few times she has suggested going out for a drink since we got back. Strongly suspect its because she thinks she is pregnant from Venice-based mishaps and if that's confirmed she's going to have to give up anything fun-related for a year or so. There's absolutely no indication this is true yet though, but she's acting as if it is. We haven't discussed this, so its a bit of a constant elephant in the room at the moment. How would she know already though? She's probably not. But that would be weird with two kids. Not even sure what to keep the fingers crossed for on this one.
        Test her piss?

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
          Test her piss?
          He thinks she might be pregnant, not that she's on drugs.

Comment

Comment

One vote never counts.
              Yes it does, here's a citation.
              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                Canadians really love a tight election.

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                  I think there's one from the North also decided by just 4 votes.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                    Could you recommend any decent articles or books that talk about this? Could be useful for some uni work I'm doing at the moment.
                    Not sure that you'll find that many articles/books that specifically state that employment law outcomes seem stacked against employers, but you could do some research, might go down well.

Contains most [all?] judgments of the Labour Court, the EAT and the Equality Tribunal.

If you randomly pick 100 rulings, don't have to read the case all that well, just look at the outcome, my guess is you'll find 70% + in favour of the Employee.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                      That's called management - not performance evaluations

In relation to your statement,

This is two different things. Staff performance evaluations are not 'checking that someone is doing their job', but evaluating their performance in that role. If it's not in their contract that their performance has to be evaluated - well it's not in their contract and they don't have to abide by that process. It has to be assumed that they are doing their job. If its not assumed - then there's a serious trust issue in your employment environment.
                      What's the union objective? To foster an environment where people can just turn up and get their increments?

Comment

The wife has been suggesting loads of opportunities for drinking since we got back from Venice. She almost never drinks, but now its a few times she has suggested going out for a drink since we got back. Strongly suspect its because she thinks she is pregnant from Venice-based mishaps and if that's confirmed she's going to have to give up anything fun-related for a year or so. There's absolutely no indication this is true yet though, but she's acting as if it is. We haven't discussed this, so its a bit of a constant elephant in the room at the moment. How would she know already though? She's probably not. But that would be weird with two kids. Not even sure what to keep the fingers crossed for on this one.
                        May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Set her a multiple choice quiz, with questions loaded around having lots of not-pregnant fun at Christmas.
                          And option D) as 'none of the above'.

Comment

Need an excel whizz if anyone can help. Will pay in pints next IPB meetup.

I have 3 sheets in the same file.
                            Sheet 1 is two columns. A B
                            Sheet 2 is multiple columns. A2, B2, C2, D2, etc

I want to input a formula so that excel takes the value in ASheet2, searches A for it and when it finds it in A, takes the corresponding value in B and inputs it into CSheet2
                            Example. Asheet2 has value 00D, I want excel to search A for 00D and when it finds it (say in cell A54) it then takes the value from B54 and inputs it into Csheet2.

Is that doable?
                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Yeah you can do that in VBA, will give a go at coding it when I get a free few mins.

Comment

QQ for the BBV- Trying to work out how much a company vehicle is worth to me per annum.
                                Its Fully expensed,i pay a monthly fuel contribution of 65Euro- No BIK costs.

If i was to move jobs how much would i need extra to cover cost of running a car if no company car was provided in the new post?

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post

I want to input a formula so that excel takes the value in ASheet2, searches A for it and when it finds it in A, takes the corresponding value in B and inputs it into CSheet2
                                  Example. Asheet2 has value 00D, I want excel to search A for 00D and when it finds it (say in cell A54) it then takes the value from B54 and inputs it into Csheet2.

Is that doable?
                                  VLookup
                                  Define Sheet A's content as a matrix (Highlight all relevant boxes, and see the bit on the left saying A2:B24 - type a name in there)
                                  Define Sheet B's content as matrix (same again)

In Sheet C, do a "=VLookup(A'sName, B'sName, Column you want (ie 1 for one column right of target), FALSE)"

Or something like that
                                  Last edited by Emmet; 24-04-14, 10:43.

Comment

Didn't bother putting in an error message, will just leave any it can't find blank.

edit: just in case you haven't used vba, right click the sheet name -> view code -> insert module in the new window -> paste and click play.

Code:
                                    Sub Fill_Column()
                                    Dim i, j, Lookup_value As Integer

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'Starting Rows
                                    i = 2
                                    j = 1

'Look up value
                                    Do Until Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1) = ""
                                        Lookup_value = Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 1).Value

'Find and copy value
                                                Do Until Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(j, 1) = ""
                                                    If Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(j, 1) = Lookup_value Then
                                                        Worksheets("Sheet2").Cells(i, 3) = Worksheets("Sheet1").Cells(j, 2)
                                                        j = 1
                                                        Exit Do
                                                    Else
                                                    End If

j = j + 1
                                                Loop
                                    i = i + 1
                                    j = 1
                                    Loop

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
                                    End Sub
                                    Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-04-14, 10:48.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                      QQ for the BBV- Trying to work out how much a company vehicle is worth to me per annum.
                                      Its Fully expensed,i pay a monthly fuel contribution of 65Euro- No BIK costs.

If i was to move jobs how much would i need extra to cover cost of running a car if no company car was provided in the new post?
                                      You need to give more info.

What is the quality of car you require? How much do you drive? What tax and insurance and maintainence costs do you expect? What running costs do you expect in total? What depreciation and how often will you change the car?

Will you get mileage in the new job to offset the running costs.

Work that out, consider the gross additional salary needed to offset this (less the 65 euro per month bit) and there is your answer.
                                      ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

What a hero

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Deserves a vote solely on moustache quality!

Comment

Big expensive poster and doesn't even proof his spelling of 'independent'.
                                            Not quite sure I want him running the country/council.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                                                Yeah you can do that in VBA, will give a go at coding it when I get a free few mins.
                                                Thanks dude but I got it sorted. Vlookup.
                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Good deal on the Nexus 10 from iBood.

Am personally still happy with my 2012 Nexus 7 so won't go for it, though will surely go for the rumoured Nexus 8 if/when it comes out towards the end of the year.

Comment

Comment

Thanks dude but I got it sorted. Vlookup.
                                                      I find it slows down big sheets, but as long as it works.

Comment

Is that doable?
                                                        Lookup command. The lookup column usually needs to be sorted alphabetically.

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                          We have some of them in the folks house. Think there was too many made for them to be worth anything, and from what i remember last time i looked at them years ago, it says on them they are property of (whoever made the milk, can't remember) so technically you should have given them back and don't own them so that could also be a spanner in the works.
                                                          ...Meh, Worth a try...Thanks you party pooper...

Comment

The whole David Moyes thing puts me in mind of a question I always ask in interviews.

Having established their sport/interest of choice I ask

"If you were called tomorrow and offered the chance to run/manage X with an instant decision required, would you take it or not, and why?"

I always said afterwards that there is no right or wrong answer, although that's not true, but it's always interesting in terms of getting a perspective on where they are mentally. Completely outside anything they would have prepared for the interview as well which helps.

Of course I also ask about building the worlds greatest mousetrap, so I might just be a crap interviewer
                                                            Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                              ...Meh, Worth a try...Thanks you party pooper...
                                                              Millenium ones sell on e-bay for about 12 quid.
                                                              Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                Millenium ones sell on e-bay for about 12 quid.
                                                                ...That's the positivity I was looking for!!!...:-)...

Comment

Comment

Plug for a mate who is heavily involved. Darklight are running a kind of alternative film festival this weekend based mainly in and around the Smithfield area. It has premiere screenings, talks, film classics, director q&a etc. You can check out the link below for a list of the stuff that is going on.

Opr

Comment

What does the economic crisis and Moyes sacking have in common? *

They both give journalists a chance to engage in writing endless tedious musings on how what happened was inevitable, given the now perfect 20 20 hindsight they enjoy. They are like bad poker players letting results drive their endless moronic narrative.

* Apologies to anyone expecting a stupid joke here

Comment

jesus, this multiple choice quiz was mentioning last night has been such a bollix. they should give training to do the job rather than set the recruitment requirement that you sat in a room for a few years and wrote a book that no-one ever read.
                                                                        I bet your union rep could help you with that.
                                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Is the market pricing in a reasonable inevitability to a Ukraine war at this stage? Does seem impossible to prevent after the last two days, especially today.
                                                                          No I don't think so. There was a period of little reaction to it, now markets are getting jittery around news reports again but there's a lot of drivers at the moment.

edit: new russian military drills announced, should go back to being the main focus now.
                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 24-04-14, 12:54.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                            Big expensive poster and doesn't even proof his spelling of 'independent'.
                                                                            Not quite sure I want him running the country/council.
                                                                            But, but...he will try!
                                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

They both give journalists a chance to engage in writing endless tedious musings on how what happened was inevitable, given the now perfect 20 20 hindsight they enjoy. They are like bad poker players letting results drive their endless moronic narrative.

My biggest Moyes related regret (outside of it not being a unionised job for life) was removing the sig I'd put in in honour of his appointment:

"Never Let Anyone, Particularly a Superstar, Pick His or Her Own Successor"

I'd be feeling well smug now so's I would
                                                                              Last edited by Guest; 24-04-14, 12:45.

Comment

My Grandmother who is 97 has been very sick the last two or three days. She has carers that come in for an hour every day. Would I be correct in thinking the following comment was slightly crazy for one of them to say to her:

"If God is calling you its time to go"
                                                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                  My Grandmother who is 97 has been very sick the last two or three days. She has carers that come in for an hour every day. Would I be correct in thinking the following comment was slightly crazy for one of them to say to her:

I'd keep an eye on her.

Comment

jesus, this multiple choice quiz was mentioning last night has been such a bollix. they should give training to do the job rather than set the recruitment requirement that you sat in a room for a few years and wrote a book that no-one ever read.
                                                                                    Ah come on... you pick 20 random facts from the stuff you supposedly lectured them on then make up a couple of answers. It's far easier than setting end of module exams and takes a fraction of the time to correct!

Comment

Originally posted by cooker3 View Post
                                                                                      This. A handfull of local canadian elections dating back to 1866.

I think there's one from the North also decided by just 4 votes.
                                                                                      4 is not 1, nice try mate.

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                      What a hero

Who is this renegade? We need more details.

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                                        My biggest Moyes related regret (outside of it not being a unionised job for life) was removing the sig I'd put in in honour of his appointment:

"Never Let Anyone, Particularly a Superstar, Pick His or Her Own Successor"

I'd be feeling well smug now so's I would
                                                                                        I called it all the way back in september (offline) when news got out about Rio Ferdinand stting up "footballs answer to the oscars". Think they were going to be called the Footies. There was a couple of other quotes around that time that made it clear Rio had been allowed to unleash the inner eejit that Ferguson had somewhat tamed and that could only be bad news for all concerned

Comment

Cant be bothered reading through the thread but I take it the Adverts.ie "success fees" announcement has gone down like a lead balloon? Did they address how they would stop people just agreeing to sale via PM/phone and not putting ad down as sold?

Comment

Who is this renegade? We need more details.
                                                                                            He is standing in Baltinglass.
                                                                                            Get your Wicklow people onto finding out more.

Comment

Crazy bitch

Comment

TylerD on the balcony with the retractable roof @EPT Monaco

Nice life

Comment

He is standing in Baltinglass.
                                                                                                  Get your Wicklow people onto finding out more.
                                                                                                  I'm from Baltinglass and never seen or heard of him. I must go and investigate.
                                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

...

Comment

Some smartass has already pointed out two errors in the paper, and we're only 20 mins in. Think might just not look in his direction from now on, so dont have to acknowledge him. Also someone just said they're on question 24 of 30 already, with hour to go. Having severe doubts about the test. Am kinda fcked if they all end up getting everything right. I'll keep you updated with all the breaking news.
                                                                                                      Considering you wrote the exam last night just 2 errors is not too bad.

Comment

You can take some solace in having some good timing with regards Ukraine.

Comment

Are they a healthcare professional?

It probably isn't as bad or crazy as it sounds and if you take away the religiosity it might in some circumstances be fairly standard sort of sentiment to share with a patient. Dying is often a very much more complicated business than you'd imagine.
                                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Some smartass has already pointed out two errors in the paper, and we're only 20 mins in. Think might just not look in his direction from now on, so dont have to acknowledge him. Also someone just said they're on question 24 of 30 already, with hour to go. Having severe doubts about the test. Am kinda fcked if they all end up getting everything right. I'll keep you updated with all the breaking news.
                                                                                                            The whole point of these papers is to give easy CA marks so who cares if they all get 100?
                                                                                                            Last edited by bp_me; 24-04-14, 14:07.

Comment

...

Comment

Its 50% of module, and average grade was 68% for the other 50% of the module. If everyone gets firsts then external examiner who approves the grades might kick up a fuss.

Comment

Its 50% of module, and average grade was 68% for the other 50% of the module. If everyone gets firsts then external examiner who approves the grades might kick up a fuss.
                                                                                                                  A cunningly written module

Comment

This Monte Carlo place ain't too bad to work in...

Attached Files
                                                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Can none of these people spell 'independent'?

Comment

Can none of these people spell 'independent'?
                                                                                                                          The common man appreciates that variant. They can spell it, they just know their demographic. Clearly they are a operating a few levels above you with regard to their political strategy.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X