X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Someone acting the fool on her account?

Comment

Going to Wexford town this weekend with herself. Any recommendations for things to do or good pubs to visit?

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Yeah see that just reads like tax gobbledygook. (Cheers though). It doesn't seem to actually say what the answer is. Says about the joint assessment, but not what it means in terms of tax rates?

Thinking she could either pay tax at my marginal rate, or she might be allowed to earn something at the lower rate before that kicks in.
        You would have been able to take part of her tax credit, but not her PAYE credit. You also would have been able to take some of her standard rate band but there is €23,800 of this not transferable.

Basically she can earn €23,800 at the standard rate and if a PAYE worker will get a credit of €1,650 against any tax that arises. This is assuming you took everything you could.

Comment

its clearly a test, call that massive bluff imo
          airport, lol

Comment

Yeah see that just reads like tax gobbledygook. (Cheers though). It doesn't seem to actually say what the answer is. Says about the joint assessment, but not what it means in terms of tax rates?

Thinking she could either pay tax at my marginal rate, or she might be allowed to earn something at the lower rate before that kicks in.
            The standard rate cut-off point for married couples/civil partners is €41,800 in 2014. This amount is taxed at 20% and the balance is taxed at 41%.
            This seems to be the important part.
            May you live in interesting times!

Comment

@tipp extremetube has some relevant videos if you want to think through the endgame practicalities

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
              Someone acting the fool on her account?
              No 99% sure it is real this happened the day before yesterday so I have had a few messages.
              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                Going to Wexford town this weekend with herself. Any recommendations for things to do or good pubs to visit?
                Visit Finkels snooker hall obviously.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                  You sure it was full sail? That's their IPA. Their red is amazing, can't think of the name right now.

I've noticed I only drink Irish craft at the moment.
                  Ah yeah, you're right, it's Bay Ale.

Me too re Irish craft, we really are spoilt here.
                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

147 club Damn you AJ!

For realsies tho the sky and ground pub is great, and for food with the yard or momma Rosa are my favs.
                    Last edited by Micknail; 03-04-14, 21:11.
                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                      I wouldn't have a problem with milliseconds, but an Irish professor of finance tweeted a paper about auctions every second, and it was pretty lol bad that none of them could see any issue with it.

HFT is big part of trading, your pension fund or their brokers probably uses HFT to some degree.
                      Except for some marginal holdings in some of the funds that own bots the only thing that is happening to your mine or anyone else's pension because of HFT is that it is being skimmed by the guys that are effectively running a toll scam on the markets.

I would be interested in hearing any sensible argument in favour of the practice, the liquidity argument is utterly meaningless nonsense peddled by stakeholders and tbh I haven't heard any other angle.

Obv when they do close it down there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth because of all the jobs that will be lost here but preserving them doesn't doesn't amount to a case for HFT.
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                          Visit Finkels snooker hall obviously.
                          We could play doubles upstairs against the travellers. Sounds great.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            147 club Damn you AJ!

For realsies tho the sky and ground pub is great, and for food with the yard or momma Rosa are my favs.
                            I'll try those pubs if I can. I've just been told though that we are booked into Fordes for food.

Comment

I'll try those pubs if I can. I've just been told though that we are booked into Fordes for food.
                              Pub - singular

Altho bugler Doyle's is across the way for cheap 'drink of the week' too. Shudder.

Go to the premier chipper and get a battered Rissole.
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Tom, you'll love the Sky and the Ground, lots of singer songwriter types on guitar or jazz groups
                                Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                  Sometimes Tinder throws ya a curve ball.......I had zero intention of having much more than a short conversation with the girl. Now my conscience makes me feel like I have to text back. That then probably only leads things on.
                                  You have to be the most socially unfortunate person I know.

You get into the weirdest predicaments.
                                  This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                  All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                  The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Go to the premier chipper
                                    Did you hear about the big fight down there a couple of weeks ago?

SPOILER
                                    2 sausages got battered.
                                    SPOILER
                                    BOOM HEADSHOT

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                      Did you hear about the big fight down there a couple of weeks ago?

SPOILER
                                      2 sausages got battered.
                                      SPOILER
                                      BOOM HEADSHOT
                                      That's nothing compared to a week before that:
                                      Inside the ice cream parlor

SPOILER
                                      A banana got split
                                      SPOILER
                                      Boom pelvic area.
                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

That's nothing compared to a week before that:
                                        Inside the ice cream parlor

SPOILER
                                        A banana got split
                                        SPOILER
                                        Boom pelvic area.
                                        I'd say leave the comedy to the professionals please Mick.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                          Getting a quare oul taste for the red Ales lately.

O'Hara's Red is real nice, supping on one right now, but hands down the best I've tasted so far is Brew Dog's 5am Saint. Holy Jahoozes it's good.

Had it a little while ago with a pulled pork pie, my god did they go well together, better than any wine/food combo I've ever had.

Any other recommendations for Reds? I've tried Galway Bay full sail, Dungarvan red and a couple of others that I can't remember the names of.
                                          5am saint is in the style of an American Amber as opposed to an Irish Red. Its delicious and light enough to be skulled all night too. Couple of others worth a jar are 8 Degrees Suburnt Irish Red and Brú Rua - though its kinda too hoppy to be like a regular IRA.

Ah yeah, you're right, it's Bay Ale.

Me too re Irish craft, we really are spoilt here.
                                          The rise in quality would not be here but for the craft boom in the last few years. We always had a few microbreweries pushing out the usual stout, red, larger and maybe the odd special. Its great to see brewers actively brewing new styles (to these shores) and using exotic ingredients to push the boundaries. For me Galway Bay's Foam and Fury is a great example of this and a hum dinger of beer. I don't think 5 years ago it would have been as well received or indeed guzzled at 8.5% ABV.

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
                                            I'd say leave the comedy to the professionals please Mick.
                                            Ok Gerry.
                                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                              You have to be the most socially unfortunate person I know.

You get into the weirdest predicaments.
                                              Ah tis really only the second one. I have a few socially positive ones aswell I just keep them to myself.

Jiggaman actually knew the first girl I had the predicament with she claimed you were chatting her up drunk one night when we saw ya in Templars...I was like he doesnt drink.
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                Except for some marginal holdings in some of the funds that own bots the only thing that is happening to your mine or anyone else's pension because of HFT is that it is being skimmed by the guys that are effectively running a toll scam on the markets.

I would be interested in hearing any sensible argument in favour of the practice, the liquidity argument is utterly meaningless nonsense peddled by stakeholders and tbh I haven't heard any other angle.

Obv when they do close it down there will be much weeping and gnashing of teeth because of all the jobs that will be lost here but preserving them doesn't doesn't amount to a case for HFT.
                                                Pretty much every fund/broker worth their salt operates some form of algorithmic trading, people don't go down to the pit floor and shout out what they want to buy these days.

Sure ban unequal access to data and news info, but after that what are you trying to get rid of? People using computers? Trading too fast? Arbs?

There's very little jobs in HFT. Think, according to Denny's boss last week its five firms that control essentially all HFT. Those would be reasonably small staffed firms due to the automated nature of the trading.
                                                Yeah and their profits aren't even all that big considering the overall financial industry is worth trillions. Virtu would be one of the top firms, only losing money on one day in its history, yet its profits were only about 180m last year.

How did that talk go btw? Many there? What aspects did they focus on?

edit: ha, just got another email from the head of our company defending HFT, never hear from him normally but that's the fifth or sixth one on the subject. Link to pdf for Strewelpeter https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...20of%20HFT.pdf
                                                Last edited by Denny Crane; 03-04-14, 22:28.

Comment

Sometimes Tinder throws ya a curve ball.......I had zero intention of having much more than a short conversation with the girl. Now my conscience makes me feel like I have to text back. That then probably only leads things on.
                                                  Psshhh everyone here is taking such a passive line here with a call or fold. I say re-raise and say you've no arms or legs

Comment

There's very little jobs in HFT. Think, according to Denny's boss last week its five firms that control essentially all HFT. Those would be reasonably small staffed firms due to the automated nature of the trading.
                                                    There is a crowd in the IFSC with a shitload of developers that write software that runs a lot of these platforms. A guy I know works at it and some of the stuff they do is crazy.
                                                    But yea obv that is very small beer given the huge amount of money they are sucking out of the markets.
                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                      5am saint is in the style of an American Amber as opposed to an Irish Red. Its delicious and light enough to be skulled all night too. Couple of others worth a jar are 8 Degrees Suburnt Irish Red and Brú Rua - though its kinda too hoppy to be like a regular IRA.
                                                      I've tried Bru Rua actually, wasn't bad, their Bru Ri is a pretty good IPA. Must give 8 Deg a go.
                                                      The rise in quality would not be here but for the craft boom in the last few years. We always had a few microbreweries pushing out the usual stout, red, larger and maybe the odd special. Its great to see brewers actively brewing new styles (to these shores) and using exotic ingredients to push the boundaries. For me Galway Bay's Foam and Fury is a great example of this and a hum dinger of beer. I don't think 5 years ago it would have been as well received or indeed guzzled at 8.5% ABV.
                                                      Yeah, the quality and choice now is fantastic. We seem to be miles ahead of the UK in terms of quality of taste which is strange given they've such a longer history of Ale brewing.

Do you brew yourself or have some sort of interest in the trade? You're very knowledgeable on the subject.

Comment

Ah tis really only the second one. I have a few socially positive ones aswell I just keep them to myself.

Jiggaman actually knew the first girl I had the predicament with she claimed you were chatting her up drunk one night when we saw ya in Templars...I was like he doesnt drink.
                                                        lol, pm me name on FB or something

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                          lol, pm me name on FB or something
                                                          Nah...ya may get it out of me drunk tho. She lives in templars....Blonde and the opposite side of the road to you. ha
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Just a Film Club that loves film !(TRIBUTE) I'm Gonna Git You Sucka (1988)Just a compliation channel of my Fav Films .I OWN NO PART OF THE MOVIE OR THE MUSIC.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                              Psshhh everyone here is taking such a passive line here with a call or fold. I say re-raise and say you've no arms or legs
                                                              Im all in, lost me micky in a motorbike accident.
                                                              This too shall pass.

Comment

Nah...ya may get it out of me drunk tho. She lives in templars....Blonde and the opposite side of the road to you. ha
                                                                I don't know any blondes opposite me but still think I know who it is. Not sure I understand the chatting her up drunk thing though!!!

Comment

I've tried Bru Rua actually, wasn't bad, their Bru Ri is a pretty good IPA. Must give 8 Deg a go.

Yeah, the quality and choice now is fantastic. We seem to be miles ahead of the UK in terms of quality of taste which is strange given they've such a longer history of Ale brewing.

Do you brew yourself or have some sort of interest in the trade? You're very knowledgeable on the subject.
                                                                  You're probably not seeing the "cutting edge" of English microbrewing in Ireland tbh
                                                                  + the fact the English do like weak as piss all day quaffing beers, which wouldn't be to the taste of the likes of you or me.

When people talk to me about the ales we sell I tend to say things like tis undrinkable piss but the best undrinkable piss round here. One of the regulars usually agrees

Comment

My cousin brews his own regularly, he just explained the whole scene to me a few years ago - over a few jars obviously. Always had a thing for trying new beers whenever I visited some place new. Follow plenty of the breweries/pubs on social media to keep an eye on news and check on beoir.ie (lurking) every so often. Obviously plenty of reviewing sites out there too that point you in the direction of the best stuff. Although to me its hugely subjective based on one's own tastes and experiences.

Always intended to brew but every time I manage to set aside a couple of hundred for initial gear and supplies something always comes up. I try to keep the volume down but the diversity up when I choose to have a sup. Much rather 3 or 4 good different beers than 10 heineken and a few jaeger bombs. Its like a choice between McDonalds or a restaurant.

Comment

From the TV show Hannibal, there is just so much scope they can do with the character, i would love to see a prequel, his early teens and university years.
                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                                        You're probably not seeing the "cutting edge" of English microbrewing in Ireland tbh
                                                                        + the fact the English do like weak as piss all day quaffing beers, which wouldn't be to the taste of the likes of you or me.

When people talk to me about the ales we sell I tend to say things like tis undrinkable piss but the best undrinkable piss round here. One of the regulars usually agrees
                                                                        Ha!

IPB beerage at your place sometime soon methinks. Great music and watery Ale, I'll ave that.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                          From the TV show Hannibal, there is just so much scope they can do with the character, i would love to see a prequel, his early teens and university years.
                                                                          Yes, it is positively awesome. Season 2 is superior. However I admit want to give up after the opening scene with
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          Jack and Hannibal going toe to toe

The way its shot and the imagery is spectacularly viscous. I was delighted that they reduced the number of times we hear:
                                                                          SPOILER
                                                                          This is my design

The cast is excellent, Mads Mikkelsen's interpretation is fantastic.

Comment

My cousin brews his own regularly, he just explained the whole scene to me a few years ago - over a few jars obviously. Always had a thing for trying new beers whenever I visited some place new. Follow plenty of the breweries/pubs on social media to keep an eye on news and check on beoir.ie (lurking) every so often. Obviously plenty of reviewing sites out there too that point you in the direction of the best stuff. Although to me its hugely subjective based on one's own tastes and experiences.

Always intended to brew but every time I manage to set aside a couple of hundred for initial gear and supplies something always comes up. I try to keep the volume down but the diversity up when I choose to have a sup. Much rather 3 or 4 good different beers than 10 heineken and a few jaeger bombs. Its like a choice between McDonalds or a restaurant.
                                                                            Ah cool, never heard of beoir.ie, bookmarked.

I'd love to brew, maybe some day I'll get the time and space to do it.

Comment

'How to win the Grand National' is great viewing on Channel 4 at the moment. Might be a few here who want to catch it on the player or +1. The slow mo shots of the horses jumping are incredible.

Opr

Comment

EamonH Coffee @ 1pm Tuesday or are ya off ?
                                                                                Her sky-ness
                                                                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                  EamonH Coffee @ 1pm Tuesday or are ya off ?
                                                                                  He will meet you in the bookies down the road...lol...spoofer that fellow

And if he says he is on evenings, BOOM...we have him, ill be there Friday week around 6pm.
                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Ended up going back to Easons with the book today. exchanged it for the book I purchased on Kindle last night. 4 dollars on Kindlle , 11.99 in Easons.

Wouldnt you know one for all vouchers are plentiful in my place of work
                                                                                    Her sky-ness
                                                                                    © 5starpool

Comment

Yes, it is positively awesome. Season 2 is superior. However I admit want to give up after the opening scene with
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      Jack and Hannibal going toe to toe

The way its shot and the imagery is spectacularly viscous. I was delighted that they reduced the number of times we hear:
                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                      This is my design

The cast is excellent, Mads Mikkelsen's interpretation is fantastic.
                                                                                      Spoliery...kinda.

SPOILER
                                                                                      There is a certain, i know they wont fuck it up ending wise because we watched that opening scene of S2 i think. And it bangs home especially now how much Jack appreciates Hannibal as a friend, how manipulative he can be, he nearly got Will to think he was actually the good guy at one stage.
                                                                                      This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                                                                                        Ended up going back to Easons with the book today. exchanged it for the book I purchased on Kindle last night. 4 dollars on Kindlle , 11.99 in Easons.

Wouldnt you know one for all vouchers are plentiful in my place of work
                                                                                        Is it PDC in Lanzarote you are off to ?
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Is it PDC in Lanzarote you are off to ?
                                                                                          yup! old town , hate new town.

staying in the same place I stayed before for the simple reason a massive Spar shop is more or less attached to it lol

Myself and mia head in early morning for their fresh croissents 1.60 for 4, bargain! breakfast sorted.

Off then for a stroll to the harbour for some fresh fish in the evening, she eats at least 6 cans of tuna a week so want to get her to try some fresh stuff to see what she thinks.

back to apartment for the vino and the laptop , ipad for her. and chill out for the duration. I am so looking forward to it. work is up the fucking walls right now and for the first time in my life the lower back of my head aches most evenings.

To top it off the manager is fucking off when i come back, that is gonna be a nightmare with 2 new reps starting tomorrow ugh! me and 12 of them on my own lol
                                                                                          Last edited by SatNav; 03-04-14, 23:15.
                                                                                          Her sky-ness
                                                                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Some really nice restaurants around the old town, was never a fan of the new town, maybe a good few years ago when it had more food places but last time i was there it was just hawkers trying to pull you in to 6.95 places.

Have a ball and a nice relaxing week if i dont get a chance to say it to you sooner.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Some really nice restaurants around the old town, was never a fan of the new town, maybe a good few years ago when it had more food places but last time i was there it was just hawkers trying to pull you in to 6.95 places.

Have a ball and a nice relaxing week if i dont get a chance to say it to you sooner.
                                                                                              ty will do! gonna be sooo relaxing while Chanel heads into her 3 day 9 hour shift flipping burgers lol and I dont even feel guilty..............welcome to my world Biatch!
                                                                                              Her sky-ness
                                                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

All this talk of trading an whatnot and nobody sticks up some Boiler Room/Wall Street?

This is the scene in Boiler Room where Vin Diesel, Ben Affleck, Nicky Katt and Scott Caan watch and quote the movie Wall Street with Michael Douglas and Char...
                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

So drunk

So so so fucking drunk

Guitar Pete and Warne, Paul C is magic
                                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

The more you post about your life the clearer it becomes that you're a dense culchie.

It's just a pity it isn't interesting.

Comment

Going to put together a multi media PC to run XBMC (Over Windows) on my TV so soley for streaming, music, Netflix etc, is this overpowered or just about right? http://www.canadacomputers.com/produ...item_id=068525 Obviously with RAM and HDD added. Is this the best kind of way to do this? I want it to run a proper desktop OS so I can get a full featured browser for when apps on more morally gray streams aren't supported
                                                                                                      "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Played a live donkament for the first time in about 2 years tonight.
                                                                                                        Nearing the final table and I raise, guy goes all in, I ask the dealer how much it is wait for he to count it and think for a few seconds before calling. Guy goes, ah id say thats it for me, I gleefully turn over my 10s, he turns over kings, KINGS!! Does he think I wait that long with Aces.

On the plus side did get to play cash with Stephen Hendry and Steve Davis when they came in after the snooker exhibition. Was starstruck by Hendry, man is a god.
                                                                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                                          The more you post about your life the clearer it becomes that you're a dense culchie.

It's just a pity it isn't interesting.
                                                                                                          What did you and Glenn have for tea?
                                                                                                          X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                          Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                                                            What did you and Glenn have for tea?
                                                                                                            When I got home there was pasta in the sink so I am guessing he had pasta.

I did not eat.

Comment

When I got home there was pasta in the sink so I am guessing he had pasta.

I did not eat.
                                                                                                              You didn't have a nibble at sink pasta? what a waste
                                                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Got fired from my job this week because "I have a drinking problem". Fuck them if they can't take a joke. #ftitctaj
                                                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                  Got fired from my job this week because "I have a drinking problem". Fuck them if they can't take a joke. #ftitctaj
                                                                                                                  You must be quoting yourself there.

Surely they would say ''you have a drinking problem''.

At least you have accepted you have a problem.

Comment

You must be quoting yourself there.

Surely they would say ''you have a drinking problem''.

At least you have accepted you have a problem.
                                                                                                                    lol my bad, to be fair I actually hadn't been drinking much since I started the job which makes it funnier!
                                                                                                                    only 2 weekdays I went on the proper lash I turned up hungover the next day and they said that, soft cunts! I was late all the time though. The Dole days ain't over!!
                                                                                                                    United for the champions league?
                                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

...
                                                                                                                      "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

What age are you Mdoug? Asking genuinely, not in a condescending group the fuck up way kinda way.

I think if your still under 28, destruct O behavior still flies IMO. Quite clear that gambling swongs has made the thought of grinding a real 9-5 for you loot wise utterly out of the question.

No advice really, maybe find something you like doing you can get paid for apart from boozing and gamboooling. Groundbreaking obv.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                        X