This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
    Dunno, new assist rules mean he may not. Shot saved and pushed out by keeper onto Luna for the og.
    I think it'll be given

Rebounds
    If a shot on goal is blocked by an opposition player, is saved by a goalkeeper or hits the woodwork, and a goal is scored from the rebound, then an assist is awarded.
    It was a rebound, albeit off a defender
    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by Iago View Post
      I think it'll be given

It was a rebound, albeit off a defender
      Hope it's given, I've Hazard backed 1st assist at 7/1

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Dunno, new assist rules mean he may not. Shot saved and pushed out by keeper onto Luna for the og.
        Al Jazeera sports ok for you tonight? Stream keeps freezing and site slow in general for me. Internet speed in general is ok for me, and other sites load fine.

Comment

Glad to see Okore getting on, wanted him in my ff team but knew he wouldn't start - he'll get the assist for the 1-1 tonight and I'll sign him up
          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
            Al Jazeera sports ok for you tonight? Stream keeps freezing and site slow in general for me. Internet speed in general is ok for me, and other sites load fine.
            Yep, perfect quality

Comment

Benteke again

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                Why has he played your two worst strikers in the opening games? I expect Moses to start again us. Will Hazard, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard and Oscar play 3 games in 8 days?
                Nothing wrong with 3 games in 8 days except maybe Lampard/Terry. I think he will play him too. Keep Evra busy.

I'd say he will go Cech, Dave, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard, Moses, Mata, Hazard, Lukaku.

Destroy the midfield and wings. Powerful striker up top. Should win.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                    What day ya goin down?
                    Leaving the house about 8am Friday.

When you heading?
                    I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                      someone on production team deffos taking the p***. say RS maybe looking for a pay rise and they keeping him in his box!

Comment

Andy Gray really giving his pronunciation of El Ahmadi the proper Arabic phlegm due to his working for Al Jazeera.

Comment

Tis possible Newbie is responsible for that. One time.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                            Stolen for fb

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                              Leaving the house about 8am Friday.

When you heading?
                              Think I've to work a half day, but Ill prob get the bus straight down from Custom House Quay. Means Ill prob be entering the melee at the nut wrong time but sure, whatcanyado.
                              This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                              All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                              The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Large organisations suck balls.

in fact they do a grevious disservice to the word 'organisation'
                                "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Large organisations suck balls.

Spill.

Comment

Chelsea are so narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                      Chelsea are so narrow.
                                      Delph has been class tonight. Hold Villa.
                                      This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                      All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                      The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Spill.
                                        Nothing unique, the usual collection of hamsters spinning wheels rapidly and never getting closer to the cheese. In fact, the cheese seems to be receding out of sight and nobody knows how to get it. Plus everyone is pretending to the boss hamster that the cheese is within reach. They also have their own special hamster language for conversing in.

You know the scene.

Comment

Nothing unique, the usual collection of hamsters spinning wheels rapidly and never getting closer to the cheese. In fact, the cheese seems to be receding out of sight and nobody knows how to get it. Plus everyone is pretending to the boss hamster that the cheese is within reach. They also have their own special hamster language for conversing in.

You know the scene.
                                          All too well sadly. There is something to be said for being a short term contractor and not caring about much else other than getting paid.

Comment

All too well sadly. There is something to be said for being a short term contractor and not caring about much else other than getting paid.

Do many people actually give a fuck about their jobs? I doubt that less than 10% of salaried workers in profit-making corporations do. Let's face it, very few of us do anything that could be considered 'important', in any intrinsic sense. hotspur might be one exception from here but he's clearly madder than his clients.

Comment

John Terry still allowed to handle the ball with impunity.

Comment

When is this football over lads?

Did some lad just do a really good pass omg.

Comment

Originally posted by Fearbocht View Post

The Russian oligarch's plaything beat the American entrepreneur's investment

kind of like Rocky IV, except with soccer players from around the world

rugby back soon, never fear.

Comment

Go fuck a rugby ball.

Comment

The week after next

Comment

The Russian oligarch's plaything beat the American entrepreneur's investment

kind of like Rocky IV, except with soccer players from around the world

rugby back soon, never fear.
                                                        The Gazprom ads still freak me out somewhat. Like why so much advertising, for something I really can't buy into?

Last edited by ComradeCollie; 21-08-13, 21:18.
                                                        Gone full 'Glinner' since June 2022.

Comment

Large organisations suck balls are great hiding places

Could have been in here, not sure but heard recently the 3 things most people fear, losing their stuff, not reaching their current goals and being found out, sums up life !
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Villa scores against barca !
                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                              Pressed a button there in the jacks and my ass got sprayed with water.
                                                              in soviet russia, toilet piss on you
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                Could have been in here, not sure but heard recently the 3 things most people fear, losing their stuff, not reaching their current goals and being found out, sums up life !
                                                                really? I must revamp my list of fears so (heights, Mary O'Rourke, snakes)

I don't fear losing stuff much, I do fear losing people

I don't have any goals really

Found out years ago

Comment

Witnessed someone 40x open in 1st levle of a tourn today, would be nice to even run semi-ok against these people

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                    The Gazprom ads still freak me out somewhat. Like why so much advertising, for something I really can't buy into?

I think they're not-so-subtle propaganda. "Look foolish westerners! We can turn off the taps any time we please. Now fuck off telling us about human rights and other such shite".

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                                      Pressed a button there in the jacks and my ass got sprayed with water.
                                                                      Be extra careful if you use the girls toilet, one of the buttons is an automatic tampon remover.

Comment

really? I must revamp my list of fears so (heights, Mary O'Rourke, snakes)

I don't fear losing stuff much, I do fear losing people

I don't have any goals really

Found out years ago
                                                                        At the basic level people are stuff i guess.

Waking up is my next goal, would be mighty pissed if that didnt happen...

Edit: 2 unanswered goals from barca would also be sweet !
                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

Collie, you have started me thinking about propaganda:

Soviet commie style:

Nazi style: this one is interesting in that it was recruiting Dutch young fellas into, yes, the goddam SS. They recruited Dutch, French, Norweigan, Danidh and Belgian divisions in the West.

And yes; the 'Irish Brigade'. Not something to be proud of.

Comment

Upon further historical investigations into these Irish SS men, I have uncovered the following massively important historical fact:

SS-Hauptsturmführer Karl Fucker was responsible for organizing and leading the Jagdverband

Comment

fuck you john terry and fuck you ref had money on the draw and benteke as ff captain
                                                                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

dance acts picking up for EP, this is gonna be a heavy one
                                                                                airport, lol

Comment

<may not be real>

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                                    Football still on for the DCU tonight?
                                                                                    Jesus Christ...

Only back from this now. Got a few touches of the ball and didn't get sick from tiredness. Ridiculously unfit would be the best description I could give. Hopefully won't be as embarrassing next week for myself.

Nice to put a few more faces to names from here. Looking forward to the next game already.

Now to go and lie down in the shower

Comment

Jesus Christ...

Only back from this now. Got a few touches of the ball and didn't get sick from tiredness. Ridiculously unfit would be the best description I could give. Hopefully won't be as embarrassing next week for myself.

Nice to put a few more faces to names from here. Looking forward to the next game already.

what you play - 20 min half?

Comment

<may not be real>

Think original was loose lips sink ships.

Comment

Youngest Daughter wanted a new wardrobe from Ikea only €200 she said. no problem says I
                                                                                          Left at 6PM last night, borrowed a van drove up picked it up €200 plus 30 for diesel and 8 for the toll bridge then an hour in the slowest checkout queue in history not home until 10 pm. Then today I spent five hours putting it together.
                                                                                          Nine of my extremely scarce free hours wasted away. The actual putting it all together bit is weirdly satisfying at the same time.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Jesus Christ...

Ah to be fair ya showed some nice composure on the ball, tough enough going into a team not knowing anyone's name - the 8pm starts are better for that as it's possible to have a kick-around before it. Hatrick next week please
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                              I mostly fear random accidents. I'm often worried of slipping in the shower, and breaking a bone, and possibly finding it difficult to phone an ambulance.

In reality, my worst accidents in the last few years were

1. Sitting stationary (engine off) on the bike, on the sidestand. And somehow managing to fall off, breaking vizor/break lever/mirror some bruising. Mostly, just hoping nobody was recording it.

2. Some idiot ahead of me turning right at a T junction, turns about 3m ahead and then changes his mind, and reverses into me.

3. Cigarette blowing into a small space between my helmet and cheek, giving me a nasty burn.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Youngest Daughter wanted a new wardrobe from Ikea only €200 she said. no problem says I
                                                                                                Left at 6PM last night, borrowed a van drove up picked it up €200 plus 30 for diesel and 8 for the toll bridge then an hour in the slowest checkout queue in history not home until 10 pm. Then today I spent five hours putting it together.
                                                                                                Nine of my extremely scarce free hours wasted away. The actual putting it all together bit is weirdly satisfying at the same time.
                                                                                                5 hours to assemble a wardrobe lol

did you have to cut down the tree yourself or something?
                                                                                                48

Comment

Originally posted by Ace View Post
                                                                                                  what you play - 20 min half?
                                                                                                  No idea. Think 25 minutes with a 10 minute break in the middle.

At one point I subbed off the pitch, this was early in the game now and went to take a breather. Sweating and red as a beetroot I had to sit down on the concrete to rest. Looked around and I was the only one who had to pretty much lie down after 10 mins

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                    Ah to be fair ya showed some nice composure on the ball, tough enough going into a team not knowing anyone's name - the 8pm starts are better for that as it's possible to have a kick-around before it. Hatrick next week please
                                                                                                    Next week I'll be a different player. Told Jam-fly that I rolled my ankle pretty badly a few days ago, but to be honest it was a fitness issue with myself.

Comment

Originally posted by CourierCollie View Post
                                                                                                      I mostly fear random accidents. I'm often worried of slipping in the shower, and breaking a bone, and possibly finding it difficult to phone an ambulance.

In reality, my worst accidents in the last few years were

1. Sitting stationary (engine off) on the bike, on the sidestand. And somehow managing to fall off, breaking vizor/break lever/mirror some bruising. Mostly, just hoping nobody was recording it.

2. Some idiot ahead of me turning right at a T junction, turns about 3m ahead and then changes his mind, and reverses into me.

3. Cigarette blowing into a small space between my helmet and cheek, giving me a nasty burn.
                                                                                                      always had you down as a dystychiphobic type

Symptoms?
                                                                                                      The symptoms typically include extreme anxiety, dread and anything associated with panic such as shortness of breath, rapid breathing, irregular heartbeat, sweating, excessive sweating, nausea, dry mouth, nausea, inability to articulate words or sentences, dry mouth and shaking. .

Comment

The actual putting it all together bit is weirdly satisfying at the same time.
                                                                                                        Last time I did one I ended up with a few 'spare parts' Wasn't worth taking it apart to put them where they should be.

Comment

At one point I subbed off the pitch, this was early in the game now and went to take a breather. Sweating and red as a beetroot I had to sit down on the concrete to rest. Looked around and I was the only one who had to pretty much lie down after 10 mins
                                                                                                          @ least you turned up - in the past I would just say I was unfit, which is true, but obv best way to get fit is get up and give it a go.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                            Witnessed someone 40x open in 1st levle of a tourn today, would be nice to even run semi-ok against these people
                                                                                                            You playing the Goliath?
                                                                                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

the astro games take a bit of getting used to. It's more like tennis than soccer as ur moving non stop and u never get a breather on the pitch as the ball never goes outta play. Getting used to the positioning o the pitch and the tendencies of ur teammates can help too, if ur familiar with that it helps a bit as u won't have to do as much running because ur more aware of what's happening around u.

And don't worry, I doubt u were in any worse condition than me after 10mins!
                                                                                                              Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                You playing the Goliath?
                                                                                                                Nope, just some local poker nonsense. 1st poker outing of the month, and last

Comment

Boom...thats one.
                                                                                                                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                                    I remember a pub game back when I first started playing, crazy structure, starting with 13k chips or some random number. Anyway, first hand, 25-50 blinds, a lad makes it 5k to go. One guy then starts looking at him and says "are u mad? that's a great raise this early, ten times the big blinds like..."
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comedy at the Fringe each time I have caught it has just been a collection of deeply unfunny young people being embarrassingly bad at stand up.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                                        5 hours to assemble a wardrobe lol

did you have to cut down the tree yourself or something?
                                                                                                                        It was bleedin huge
                                                                                                                        65 steps in the instructions including screws and shit there are over 300 bits.
                                                                                                                        Turning millions into thousands

Comment

It was bleedin huge
                                                                                                                          65 steps in the instructions including screws and shit there are over 300 bits.
                                                                                                                          No dovetail, dado or mortise and tenon joints i bet...they dont make wardrobes like they used to !
                                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X