X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

an œuf already with the puns

Comment

as if the Government give one shit about anyone who disagrees with their policies. if they listened to reasoned debate they would have booted out that cock from the Dept. of health already.
      Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
        For any of ye that use real butter. What way to you use it?
        • evenly slice neatly and thinly from the top?
        • Evenly slice neatly and thinly from the front side?
        • Dig into it anywhere?
        • cut off a big lump and melt it in microwave?

Because I got punched for digging into it.
        My friend must have the neatest real butter block in the country!

So how do you have yours!

Comment

i have to say BK, you'd done well to go from college graduate to entrenched and bitter right wing McGuirkian in such a record period of time.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
            Blogs lol.
            I'm gonna start a blog & it's gonna be the bestest blog evers... tommorow(-ish)

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
              as if the Government give one shit about anyone who disagrees with their policies. if they listened to reasoned debate they would have booted out that cock from the Dept. of health already.
              enough of the chicken and egg puns.

Comment

I wouldn't consider myself right wing at all. I think a point can be made without resorting to common assault and moreso claiming to speak for "all students" on an issue where I agree with their principal but disagree completely with the act

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                  enough of the chicken and egg puns.
                  I'm not sure which came first.
                  Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

chic-ken you believe it, puns are back

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                      I wouldn't consider myself right wing at all. I think a point can be made without resorting to common assault and moreso claiming to speak for "all students" on an issue where I agree with their principal but disagree completely with the act
                      "Vulnerable members of society have been targeted consistently throughout this economic crisis. Students have been a part of this attack, leading to mass graduate unemployment and emigration. We vehemently oppose this approach by Fine Gael and Labour." Quote from some guy representing FEE in the times.

I am glad he thinks all students agree that a lot of courses are a waste of time once you leave college. Well unless you really wanted to be snooty to people in River Island or Top Shop while feeling deeply unfulfilled for the rest of your days was the goal. In that case an arts degree focusing on Ancient Irish Philosophy was well worth the time.

I do agree that the government needs to force people to do science and IT in college and offering a seemingly more life affirming and easier choice to 18 year olds is irresponsible.

Also how did it take 3 students to throw 2 eggs.

Comment

Fancy students with extra cash for eggs to throw around. In my day every spare cent was saved for booze and it was a lot cheaper back then.

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                        Student bashing & bird/egg puns; I got's this covered:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                          Really. You think that students are taking a bigger hit than their parents who are funding the expenses despite rising income taxes. Those on low incomes are still getting grants and all that so are not effected.

Complaining about only getting a new swimming pool, cinema and dance theater. Boo Hoo poor students are getting the rough end.

Where is my swimming pool joe.

Comment

That is fowl
                            You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                            World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                              That is fowl
                              It was a poultry attempt alright

Comment

Really. You think that students are taking a bigger hit than their parents who are funding the expenses despite rising income taxes. Those on low incomes are still getting grants and all that so are not effected.

Complaining about only getting a new swimming pool, cinema and dance theater. Boo Hoo poor students are getting the rough end.

Where is my swimming pool joe.
                                No I agree with not having cuts that mean I have to pay more money. Seems to be a legit reason for anyone else to go off and protest so might as well stick my oar in

Comment

It was a poultry attempt alright
                                  You've been cooped up in here too long, it's getting to you.

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide to... View Post
                                      Students pay for their degrees through earning higher future incomes and therefore paying more tax over their lifetimes. They don't get anything for free. (which makes it extra poor form that they are also expected to pay some annual fees)

Ya Waterstones and Starbucks pay top dollar to Arts grads these days

Go with the cultural enriching angle is your gonna play that game

Comment

On the Subject of Puns..

I just bought this purely for name they gave it on the Website

SPOILER

SPOILER
                                        The Knitivity Scene Christmas Jumper

Comment

Students pay for their degrees through earning higher future incomes and therefore paying more tax over their lifetimes. They don't get anything for free. (which makes it extra poor form that they are also expected to pay some annual fees)
                                          What if they emmigrate like many nurses who whinge even when getting paid in college then give the two finger salute as they go to Canada Australia Saudi Arabia and serve there new masters after being trained and paid by the irish tax payer.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Gonna go out on a limb here and say this : Student fees are increasing by 250e this year. When I heard this I though "Thank Fuck, thought it would be way more." When you look at what fees are in other countries and how England got such a bad deal in particular, can we not count ourselves lucky still? And from talking to Tds in government a few weeks ago, my understanding is that they intend to change this system completely to either a student loan system or a grad tax(which I actually think is a terrible idea but that's neither here nor there). Plus the fact that free fees simply isnt realistically viable...

Comment

all part of the Irish service: your parent's taxes get you an entitlement to free schooling, healthcare while a kid, and a uni education. Not bad really, excellent that we can offer it.
                                                  In the vast majority of things its money well spent much better chance of earning more if you have a degree masters.
                                                  However the well is dry bone bloody dry and money needs to be saved somewhere throwing 2 eggs at Enda wont be helping anyone anyways.

Comment

Omelette allowing myself to get involved in more of these pun wars.
                                                    Someone always ends up ruining the yolk
                                                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                      You've been cooped up in here too long, it's getting to you.
                                                      Scrambling for a pun response to this, I got nothing.

Comment

[ ] is what arts grads actually do

only 5-6% of all uni graduates in Ireland are currently unemployed, there must be a few hundred thousand arts grads working for waterstones
                                                        ill be honest, I've no idea what an arts grad actually does.
                                                        I always took arts degrees as "I couldnt quite decide so here is two random subjects I liked" or "I'm in it for the 4 years I can use french poetry to get laid"
                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Scrambling for a pun response to this, I got nothing.
                                                          Could have just poached one from someone else!

Comment

Grand been of a farming background never had to worry about fees. The accountant looked after that the first time i attended college
                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by jbravado View Post
                                                              How many Series are there of Game of Thrones? When is the next one out? Just finished Series 1. MIND BLOWN.

Becoming more of a nerd by the day. Herself arrived home yesterday to find me looking at a large map of the 7 kingdoms while potting away manically.
                                                              sky just finished the re run of season 1 so i imagine a re run of season 2 should be starting soon.

Comment

That doesn't really make sense unless it is exclusively graduates who pay higher taxes.
                                                                Hopefully there will be a comprehensive funding scheme for higher education brought in soon.
                                                                The entire cost of education should be borne by the student through a system of loans charged at base rates that are repayable through a taxation charge on income earned over the average industrial wage.
                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
                                                                  Gonna go out on a limb here and say this : Student fees are increasing by 250e this year. When I heard this I though "Thank Fuck, thought it would be way more." When you look at what fees are in other countries and how England got such a bad deal in particular, can we not count ourselves lucky still? And from talking to Tds in government a few weeks ago, my understanding is that they intend to change this system completely to either a student loan system or a grad tax(which I actually think is a terrible idea but that's neither here nor there). Plus the fact that free fees simply isnt realistically viable...
                                                                  Lucky Its fucking insane, it means that the base rate taxpayer is subsidising the future of those much wealthier than them.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Has anyone, well GhostfaceSte really, found a version of forbrydelsen 3 E09 and E10 with decent subs yet?

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sligoboi View Post
                                                                              The countdown is on:

Update:

No reply.
                                                                              Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Minimal numbers are English and Media Studies grads in Ireland anyway. Its usually two useful subjects, and most of them get good jobs. Elshambo is probably thinking of the woeful degrees that some of the pisspoor english unis offer.
                                                                                Or planning on winding you up all night and putting in the ground work

Alas I have to go out and be all cultural and shit, so i'l be leaving you off this time

Minimal numbers are English and Media Studies grads in Ireland anyway. Its usually two useful subjects, and most of them get good jobs. Elshambo is probably thinking of the woeful degrees that some of the pisspoor english unis offer.
                                                                                & ya yer right, I am already getting bored of listening to dumb ass middle class English kids with piss poor arts degrees crying about loans they will never earn enough to pay off anyway

*Actually Hitch on this lark, you recently being of the English educational parish et al, whats the story with Media studies and the likes being done at A-level? That ever take off/ get popular or was it just a scare (look how dumb we are getting) story?
                                                                                Last edited by Guest; 29-11-12, 18:01. Reason: *

Comment

Elementary is very good.

Sherlock is better.

Comment

Just got caught up with Fringe, it's been a good season so far but can't help but think it drifted away from what it started out as and I'm totally lost when it comes to what universe/multiverse etc that it's all supposed to be going on in.
                                                                                    "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                      Just got caught up with Fringe, it's been a good season so far but can't help but think it drifted away from what it started out as and I'm totally lost when it comes to what universe/multiverse etc that it's all supposed to be going on in.
                                                                                      You should know where they are at given the last episode of the last season.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                          You should know where they are at given the last episode of the last season.
                                                                                          So much has gone on I can't remember all the twist & turns in the show.

Comment

Originally posted by The Aul Switcharoo View Post
                                                                                            Nah, his name was Tim.
                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                              Elementary is very good.

Sherlock is better.
                                                                                              Accurate assessment. Pity we will be waiting a while for season 3.

Comment

The Bourne Legacy worth a watch? I see its out now but remember it didn't get reviews from the TD and others

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                                                                                                  The Bourne Legacy worth a watch? I see its out now but remember it didn't get reviews from the TD and others
                                                                                                  If you're interested in it you will probably give it a shot regardless but it's not very good, Jason Bourne 4life!

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                                                                                    If you're interested in it you will probably give it a shot regardless but it's not very good, Jason Bourne 4life!
                                                                                                    Yep, skip it imo.
                                                                                                    Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

all part of the Irish service: your parent's taxes get you an entitlement to free schooling, healthcare while a kid, and a uni education. Not bad really, excellent that we can offer it.
                                                                                                      Parent and lecturer.

Biased much.

Comment

well

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/MidWe...17622831832879
                                                                                                          http://mayopubpoker.com/

Comment

The Guardian has summarised the Leveson report in 21 points.

Good cliff notes for the debate ahead.

Comment

Havin a Sierra Nevada in Bull & Castle, while I wait on chicken wings and The Last Waltz.

Can't wait for this gig
                                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

This too shall pass.

Comment

The absolute nut performance from that gig, that's what got me into Neil Young.
                                                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                                                    Havin a Sierra Nevada in Bull & Castle, while I wait on chicken wings and The Last Waltz.

Can't wait for this gig
                                                                                                                    I'm quite jealous tbh. I have a similar if much lower key night for myself. A bottle of O'Hara's Pale Ale and just munched a few chicken wings. As for entertainment.... I can watch the original last waltz on youtube.

Comment

Interesting action been taken to certain individuals who commented on the Us Gas and oil thread on Boards.ie.

Hello all,

As some of you have seen elsewhere, US Oil & Gas is pursuing several people for comments made on websites including Boards.ie.

I can confirm that a Section 8 request has come in last night signed off by Justice Murphy and that we will of course be complying with it.

We were notified of the potentially defamatory content on Friday (23rd) and took the post down from the site as per our standard procedures whilst we investigated it. We found some of the content to be outside of our terms and conditions and the thread will remain deleted.

US Oil & Gas have made it clear to us that they are intent on pursuing the individuals who made the comments and not Boards.ie Ltd.

I would ask that whilst this case is being heard that you not mention it until there's been a result as doing so may prejudice proceedings.

Thank you all very much for your time.
                                                                                                                      Seems a bit mad. I hope my comment that I made gets the all clear ha
                                                                                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Masterchef is on: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfeyUGZt8nk

Comment

My love affair with OFC is on the rocks, currently 600 points in arrears in a 14 hour, 3 session, 4 handed game.

Can't quit though.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X