This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
    What to do on your own in Amsterdam for a few days? Today all i did was smoke and eat nougat, I feel I could have had a more fulfilling day. Hmmm...
    Was in Amsterdam for a week back at easter. Got a frighteningly small amount done while I was there. On the day we were leaving took a few photos of a guy busking playing a keyboard while wearing a horse mask and that felt like we had fulfilled our touristy duties.

SPOILER

(Flicking through the rest of the photos there and they're insanely badly taken, lamp-posts in the way in the pretty much all of them for some reason! )

Barely left the same street for the whole time, little café called internet café right across from a british sports bar which had amazing food, which was, in turn, right beside a nightclub simply called "amsterdam" and across the tram was a deadly little Irish bar called the Hole in the Wall.

What a city...
    Last edited by Foxy; 21-08-13, 14:59.

Comment

Originally posted by Tar.Aldarion View Post
      What to do on your own in Amsterdam for a few days? Today all i did was smoke and eat nougat, I feel I could have had a more fulfilling day. Hmmm...
      Artis zoo.

Foam (they probably still have the Arbus exhibition running.. may or may not be your thing).
      May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
        Go to this place: http://www.restaurantdekas.nl/ seriously its ridic good (veggie menu too)
        I like Gaucho's Damstraat 5
        just behind the Krasnapolski hotel on dam square
        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Go to this place: http://www.restaurantdekas.nl/ seriously its ridic good (veggie menu too)
            Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
            I like Gaucho's Damstraat 5
            just behind the Krasnapolski hotel on dam square
            I think I just ate here for 3 days before. Have been in that Gauchos too, very nice. Few decent places right around that area

Comment

House of Bols worth a squint too.

Comment

Been meaning to go to this place, saw it months ago when looking up the best restaurants here. Looks cool.
                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                rijksmuseum
                canal tour
                Van Gogh Museum
                Anne Frank House
                dont bother with sex/vodka museum
                pretty much all shit on the damrak
                rijksmuseum and van gogh will have to be done, rest checked off. man that sex museum was shit.

Comment

Mushrooms
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                    Mushrooms
                    'shrooms plus rijksmuseum is a unique experience
                    People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

That Wok to Walk place across from McDonalds? Think I was there and I dropped my food on the ground outside so went over to McD's instead...or else I've gotten it arseways.

Comment

Originally posted by Foxy View Post
                        That Wok to Walk place across from McDonalds? Think I was there and I dropped my food on the ground outside so went over to McD's instead...or else I've gotten it arseways.
                        Not the one I used to go to. Swing a right out of the Flying Pig uptown and then take 2nd right down the alleyway Looks like there are 4 of them so one is bound to be opposite a McDs

Comment

Chelsea Villa match not on tv?
                          Fml.
                          Travesty.
                          ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                            Chelsea Villa match not on tv?
                            Fml.
                            Travesty.
                            I assume MUFC v Liverpool and Arsenal v Tottenham were picked ahead of it by Sky on that game week, and BT probably want to get their 12:45 Saturday slot established so wouldn't have picked it.

Comment

Be funny if the Bale deal breaks down. Spurs spending like his departure is 100%.

Find it strange Real didn't continue their pursuit of Lamela from earlier in the season, him at circa 30 million is a faaaar more appealing deal than Bale at 90 million. To start out with didn't think the Bale sale would be good for Spurs but seeing how well Levy/ AVB have used the money there's now no doubt in my mind they're far stronger for it, but there may be a longer bedding in period than I initially thought due to the extent of overhaul.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                I assume MUFC v Liverpool and Arsenal v Tottenham were picked ahead of it by Sky on that game week, and BT probably want to get their 12:45 Saturday slot established so wouldn't have picked it.
                                Um, it's on tonight?
                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Um, it's on tonight?
                                  Game week!

Standard stuff Chelsea not getting shown mid week.

Comment

Am looking forward to the 1-1 in Chelsea's game tonight, only because it'll be nice to have Villa top of the league for a few days
                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Comment

On the same night as Champions league so Sky can't show it afaik.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                          Am looking forward to the 1-1 in Chelsea's game tonight, only because it'll be nice to have Villa top of the league for a few days
                                          Football still on for the DCU tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                            Football still on for the DCU tonight?
                                            tis yeah, I'll be out there at ~8:45-8:50 after watching first half of villa game so gimme a call anytime between then and 9 if you can't find it
                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                              Yeah.

Comment

Chelsea game is on starstreams.

Only €41 or 6 months although I think it's closed for new signups. Surprised people on here still waste money with Sky.
                                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Um, it's on tonight?
                                                  Yep, but it would come out of their Week 3 selections. Complicated system, wouldn't even try explain it to you

Comment

Its on chelseatv so should be found on usual sources

Edit only live commentary :-(
                                                    Last edited by Loopz; 21-08-13, 17:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                      Its on chelseatv so should be found on usual sources

Edit only live commentary :-(
                                                      Ty, will have to do.

Having trouble streaming stuff like firstrow on my HTC one, using either Firefox or chrome. tips?
                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                        Love it. If you need any assistance in over the top meta-gaming here let me know. I played this game on a college level in UCC and some of the shit people got up to was amazing.
                                                        All help and assistance gratefully received!

Comment

IPB beer night down Waterford way?

4 night beer fest as part of the Harvest festival 12-15 Sept

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hectorjelly View Post
                                                              All help and assistance gratefully received!
                                                              My speciality was ridiculously over the top ways of getting the person. There is something particularly satisfying about laying an overly elaborate trap and then springing it.
                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Chelsea team to play Villa: Cech; Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole; Ramires, Lampard; Oscar, Mata, Hazard; Ba.

Comment

Lukaku is playing against United so.

Comment

Wonder how long Jose will play musical strikers for. If it isn't obvious who is the best out of the bunch, none of them are probably good enough.
                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Is there any champs league roundup highlighty show on telly tonight? Can't see any...
                                                                      X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                      Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by The-Rigger View Post
                                                                        Is there any champs league roundup highlighty show on telly tonight? Can't see any...
                                                                        Champions League Goals on SS1 at 10 if you've sky

Comment

Ty, will have to do.

Having trouble streaming stuff like firstrow on my HTC one, using either Firefox or chrome. tips?
                                                                          I use the app on my laptop don't know how it would work on HTC. BTW how you get flash player to work on droid without jail breaking it. Or do you use something else

Comment

Nah, I don't. Thanks Foxy!

Comment

Chelsea, Arsenal, Barcelona treble 5/1

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                IPB beer night down Waterford way?

4 night beer fest as part of the Harvest festival 12-15 Sept
                                                                                Artisan beer festival eh, looks good.
                                                                                /packs a bag of cans.

Bagsy Icarus' and Bab's spare room.

Comment

Would it be safe to bring my guitar to EP?

I'm going with a big bunch of people, we'll have a few tents, there'll likely be somebody around most of the time.

I really want to bring it, a few of the guys are musicians so it will be out quite a bit but I would be devastated if it was stolen. It's not worth much money but it's worth a lot to me.

Maybe I'm answering my own question, I don't know if I should risk it.

I've never been to EP, is thieving a problem? I've heard one story so far of a tent being stolen.
                                                                                  I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                                                    Lukaku is playing against United so.
                                                                                    Why has he played your two worst strikers in the opening games? I expect Moses to start again us. Will Hazard, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard and Oscar play 3 games in 8 days?
                                                                                    Last edited by RasTa; 21-08-13, 18:18.

Comment

If it was a few years back, I'd say bring it. In recent years though thieving seems to have become much more of a problem. Personally have never had anything taken but tents all around last year I was at it had stuff go walkies. Saying that generally they're just looking for cash/booze/drugs. I'd be surprised if they went after a guitar.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                                                                                        Would it be safe to bring my guitar to EP?

I'm going with a big bunch of people, we'll have a few tents, there'll likely be somebody around most of the time.

I really want to bring it, a few of the guys are musicians so it will be out quite a bit but I would be devastated if it was stolen. It's not worth much money but it's worth a lot to me.

Maybe I'm answering my own question, I don't know if I should risk it.

I've never been to EP, is thieving a problem? I've heard one story so far of a tent being stolen.
                                                                                        Dont be that guitar wanker at EP. There's enough stuff to be going to see and do even when the main festival area is closed.

Leave it at home

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                          Why has he played your two worst strikers in the opening games? I expect Moses to start again us. Will Hazard, Ivanovic, Cahill, Terry, Cole, Ramires, Lampard and Oscar play 3 games in 8 days?
                                                                                          Not like Chelsea are used of midweek games or anything. The extra game time at this time of the year if anything is a bonus.
                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                            Dont be that guitar wanker at EP. There's enough stuff to be going to see and do even when the main festival area is closed.

Leave it at home
                                                                                            I'd be inclined to agree. Simply for laziness reasons.
                                                                                            Carrying it, having people moan. Countless lends. Constant tuning. Play x song, only knowing 1st verse
                                                                                            Plus the fact you'll be too pissed to play it.

We brought down guitars one year 2007 or something.
                                                                                            About 2 hours of enjoyment amongst a weekend of annoyance.

Comment

Ok, might leave it so.

Actually, I could just leave it in the boot of the car, that leaves the option of going and getting it.
                                                                                              I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                Not like Chelsea are used of midweek games or anything. The extra game time at this time of the year if anything is a bonus.
                                                                                                It's still only two changes from Hull, although I guess they didn't do much that game. Surprised Lampard is picked again

Comment

Ok, might leave it so.

Actually, I could just leave it in the boot of the car, that leaves the option of going and getting it.
                                                                                                  Jesus Lazare would ya just leave it at home please.

Comment

if arsenal get some dodgy corrupt decisions by the ref in their favor, it wouldn't surprise me

Comment

Ok, might leave it so.

Lol.
                                                                                                      You won't do that. Its poxy enough going back for cans. Trust me dude. Its one of those hypothetical better than reality scenarios.

Comment

Chelsea stream please?

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                          Chelsea stream please?
                                                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Ok, might leave it so.

What day ya goin down?
                                                                                                            This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                            All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                            The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                                                                                              It's still only two changes from Hull, although I guess they didn't do much that game. Surprised Lampard is picked again
                                                                                                              It's August. If players can play 3 games in 9 days there is something wrong with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Loopz View Post
                                                                                                                I use the app on my laptop don't know how it would work on HTC. BTW how you get flash player to work on droid without jail breaking it. Or do you use something else

most vidyos work on Firefox straight away, firstrow seems to be working fine windowed but not full screen.

#Turn phone sideways and zoom.....

I'd say that Luna lad is not over the moon scoring an og!
                                                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                  Chelsea stream please?

Try these?

﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                                                                    It's August. If players can play 3 games in 9 days there is something wrong with them.
                                                                                                                    Stop rubbing it in to Arsenal supporters!
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Will Hazard get that assist

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                                          Will Hazard get that assist
                                                                                                                          Dunno, new assist rules mean he may not. Shot saved and pushed out by keeper onto Luna for the og.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X