X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doubting myself now whether I took right side of handicap! Mon galway
    airport, lol

Comment

I went with paddy instead of boyles, got kerry at 11/10 and dublin +4 at 5/6.

I think and hope it will be a very close game. Dublin are going into it with very impressive wins under their belt. Galway have only played one game and were not tested.
      Last edited by Jibzzzz; 07-07-13, 14:55.

Comment

Hope you mean +4!
        airport, lol

Comment

Ha yup good man

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
            Seems to be some issues there on busy matchdays of late. Obviously it's a good sign as it means the site is attracting heavy traffic but these technical probs need to be resolved. It's a fantastic service and I hope it continues to develop
            Having awful issues with the server. We've upgraded a few times, have had 3 different coders looking at it, and hostgator have been engaged for hours also.

Its so annoying, shouldnt be happening and we're suffering because of it. Will hopefully have it fixed asap - every time its "fixed" theres something else.

Bear with us anyways lads
            GAA News Website

Comment

13/8 on Fermanagh v Cavan next w/end is a total mis price , should be evens at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                Having awful issues with the server. We've upgraded a few times, have had 3 different coders looking at it, and hostgator have been engaged for hours also.

Its so annoying, shouldnt be happening and we're suffering because of it. Will hopefully have it fixed asap - every time its "fixed" theres something else.

Bear with us anyways lads
                Sounds like a nightmare but these things always happen when a site is in its early stages and attracting increasing numbers. I'm sure any issues will be resolved soon and it will be all gravy then. Best of luck

Comment

The wexford price is amazing here

Paddys who are normally most accurate, have the correct price

please take the evens with hills
                  (have no acc there myself)

GAA News Website

Comment

just to add - if william hill sat there and asked their traders to be on the wrong side of every GAA bet, as some of strategic genius, then I want to hear the theory!

they're "special"
                    GAA News Website

Comment

Anyone think Wexford are overpriced at 6/1 against Clare?

I would of had them 5/2 - 3/1. This wexford team ran dublin close and have been building momentum. Clare I think were aiming for a munster and now that there gone I dont think they will be as motivated because IMO they are not ready for an All-Ireland....yet

Comment

Pp offering 7/2 for Kildare Wexford Cavan sounds value to me.

Comment

Here's my piece for the weekend. MD McAuley bet is a really good price IMO:

Comment

Well Keane, enjoyed the piece as usual. Will be in croker to hopefully see the Leinster double completed. Cant help but think that a lot of hype has been factored in to the pricing of this match.

Dublin have played twice racking up decent scores but the quality of opposition has been poor. Westmeath without Darcy and Kildare when Johnny doyle has a bad day are two very mediocre teams. Playing with a strong breeze Dublin were only two points up with Doyle having missed a couple of sitters by his standards. The goal before half time was a killer for kildare and once Dublin got a couple of scores in the second half Kildare rolled over.

One thing Meath wont do is roll over and with a bit of momentum and a lot more unity than when Banty was managing I see it being a lot closer than betting predicts. Very interested to see how the backs handle a forward line that can do some damage as I dont feel they have been tested in this regard. With a proven free taker on the opposition they will have to be a lot more disciplined than what i've seen so far.

Agree with what you say about Meaths lack of mobility in Midfield and think you may see big Joe brought out to try and win the kickouts but then Cluxton will go short and they will work through at pace. Mcauley will definitely score pity you cant get odds on it being a pint with the hand. Definitely wont be with the feet!!

If I was a neutral would probably back Meath -9 on the alternative hcap with pp but couldnt bring myself to do it.

Comment

Fermanagh going into the game in better shape and are 13/8 on a coin flip.

Comment

Holiday money waterford 11/2 to beat the cats

Comment

Wexford -2 for me
                                  airport, lol

Comment

Any radio comm. for Longford V Wexford?

Comment

Originally posted by Raheny Red View Post
                                      Any radio comm. for Longford V Wexford?
                                      https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Hmm I'm not too sure that bet on MDMcAuley to score is as good value as is being suggested. I'd like to see more stats on his scoring returns to be conclusive but I do know he's not renowned for his finishing and has yet to score in this year's championship. He does like to get forward but he's usually setting up scores rather than scoring them himself. Furthermore I can see him playing a deeper role tomorrow to combat the athleticism of Graham Reilly, undoubtedly Meath's main threat. The belief that he will be part of a dominant team is liikely to materialise but it doesn't necessarily correlate with a high spread of scorers for the winning team.

Comment

Just had a look at a few of the Gaa markets over 1.5 points on Cluxton at 4/6 looks decent. I can imagine Meath will play quite aggressive and try to slow the Dubs down before they can get inside the 45. Can see Cluxton getting a few frees.

Comment

Kildare now Leinster champions at minor and u-21

Comment

Wp on 1st goal scorer.

Comment

Cork are my only bet GAA bet this weekend, I have them at evens from a couple of weeks ago and 11/10 this morning with Bet 365. I think they should be odds on

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                  ive backed Limerick - one of us should be correct.
                                                  Hopefully lol. Both teams still available at odds against with different bookies

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                    Holiday money waterford 11/2 to beat the cats
                                                    great display the future looks bright for the county.

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                      great display the future looks bright for the county.
                                                      Minors looking good to Ray, Patrick Curran and Austin Gleeson in particular are serious prospects. Threw it away yesterday though, but I would expect them to win the replay on the 23rd.

U-21's in action on Thursday night in Walsh Park

Comment

Looking forward to this though. I think is pretty much a done deal already.

Comment

Armagh -2, evens V Galway. This seems very generous/???
                                                          https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mayo-...0391231?ref=hl

Mayo's longest running and most successful pub poker league. Teach O'Hora, Kiltimagh every Wednesday night, entry €20. Re-entry €20.

Comment

Originally posted by MayoPokerTour View Post
                                                            Armagh -2, evens V Galway. This seems very generous/???
                                                            Ya, i like Armagh @ 23-20 Bet365 and Derry -2 at 11-10 i think

Comment

Our tips are up fellas. We have chosen laois wexford over 29.5 points @ 10/11 with bet 365 and matty donnelly under 1.5 points @ 4/6 against kildare. Very confident withe these two selections. Good luck with any bets!

Comment

Armagh -2 @ evens is the bet of the weekend for me, max bet. While Armagh have bounced back impressively from their defeat by Cavan, Galway are in total disarray and nearly got chinned by Waterford. They have home advantage but Armagh are in a different zone at the moment and should win this with a bit to spare

Elsewhere I have Laois @ 5/4 and London +17 @ evens and +18 @ evens

Comment

Armagh -2 @ evens is the bet of the weekend for me, max bet. While Armagh have bounced back impressively from their defeat by Cavan, Galway are in total disarray and nearly got chinned by Waterford. They have home advantage but Armagh are in a different zone at the moment and should win this with a bit to spare

Agree with all but Laois, who I think might see their lack of squad depth catch up with them. Don't think the price is too far off either though.

Comment

Armagh are the stand out bet this weekend no doubt.
                                                                    twitter
                                                                    moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                      Agree with all but Laois, who I think might see their lack of squad depth catch up with them. Don't think the price is too far off either though.

Ye it's true that Laois' defections have left them with a tight roster to choose from. They do have most of their key men fit and in good form though which counts for a lot in these sort of knock out matches. I don't think the price is far out, but better preparation makes me believe Laois will edge it

Comment

Don't think I've seen as many people napping a GAA bet this year as the Armagh cap v Galway. Naturally I've backed Galway +3.
                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Any live comm. for Galway V Armagh?

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                            Armagh are the stand out bet this weekend no doubt.
                                                                            Ohh dear.
                                                                            twitter
                                                                            moneybookers

Comment

Originally posted by BallymoreChris View Post
                                                                              Ohh dear.

I feel your pain. Did my brains on that match

Comment

backed Armagh myself with tyrone,jesus that's some result.
                                                                                location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Any one who fancies a 8.5% arb on the Mayo London game. Under 2.5 goals 5/4 with boyles, over 2.5 goals 11/10 with bet365. tbh its probably the bet365 side that's mostly out of line

Comment

Originally posted by steve View Post
                                                                                    Any one who fancies a 8.5% arb on the Mayo London game. Under 2.5 goals 5/4 with boyles, over 2.5 goals 11/10 with bet365. tbh its probably the bet365 side that's mostly out of line
                                                                                    sorry but what does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by joedolan View Post
                                                                                      sorry but what does this mean?
                                                                                      You can bet on both results and be up money no matter what the result since none are odds on.

Comment

Didnt last long.
                                                                                        Looking for full or part time poker and betting writers. PM if interested.

Comment

London +18 is the bet

Comment

Everyone backing London all in on Mayo .

Comment

As much as it seems like a big spread I can't see how mayo don't our score them by 10-12 each half , unless they make a lot of substitutions and take the foot off towards the end . London will need to be very disciplined if not they will finish the match with 13-14 men as they try to contain this potent attack. 20-25 point margin for me.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                As much as it seems like a big spread I can't see how mayo don't our score them by 10-12 each half , unless they make a lot of substitutions and take the foot off towards the end . London will need to be very disciplined if not they will finish the match with 13-14 men as they try to contain this potent attack. 20-25 point margin for me.
                                                                                                Really? You can't possibly envisage a situation where Mayo don't win both halves by 10+ ? Your second point about Mayo taking the foot off and emptying the bench is a strong possibility rather than the long shot you suggest it is

Comment

Your second point about Mayo taking the foot off and emptying the bench is a strong possibility rather than the long shot you suggest it is
                                                                                                  How does emptying the bench really be seen as a good thing. The 5 lads who come on for Mayo will be working so hard to try and win a place and they will surely still be way above the standard of the London lads. In this weather fresh legs will have a huge bearing on the winning of tight games nevermind games that are well over.
                                                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I can envisage that situation Conspicuous , I just find it more likely that Mayo will be that much better. The point I was making is that while it seems like a huge spread when you break it down it looks a lot more achievable. If you break it down even further, is it that unbelievable that last years beaten finalists can out score London by just over 4 Pts per quarter?
                                                                                                    Sure Mayo may ease off last quarter but this could be negated by Londons inferior fitness.

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                                                      How does emptying the bench really be seen as a good thing. The 5 lads who come on for Mayo will be working so hard to try and win a place and they will surely still be way above the standard of the London lads. In this weather fresh legs will have a huge bearing on the winning of tight games nevermind games that are well over.
                                                                                                      You're talking about making tactical substitutions at different times to freshen the team up. Sure this will often have a positive effect and increase the scoring rate. I was referring more to the possibility of Mayo withdrawing 4 or 5 key players around the same time when the game is won around 45-50 minutes. This is more likely to break the game up a bit and slow Mayo down.

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                                                                        I can envisage that situation Conspicuous , I just find it more likely that Mayo will be that much better. The point I was making is that while it seems like a huge spread when you break it down it looks a lot more achievable. If you break it down even further, is it that unbelievable that last years beaten finalists can out score London by just over 4 Pts per quarter?
                                                                                                        Sure Mayo may ease off last quarter but this could be negated by Londons inferior fitness.

Fair enough point taken . And no I don't think its unbelievable that Mayo can win each quarter by 4.5 points. I just don't think they will do it on average in 4 consecutive quarters of a game. I may be wrong though and the way this game is going it looks like the bookies will be close one way or the other on this occassion.

Comment

London should have a peno there, full frontal charge by keeper lol

Comment

sweat on.....
                                                                                                            Last edited by ghostface; 21-07-13, 14:33.

Comment

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM !

That 's a sweat

Comment

Well done C

Comment

what a sweat i have Monaghan U-18, evns, London +17 evns and donegal -3 2/5

Tyrone were 1/100 at one stage i gave up on bet.. Dunno how Monaghan did it... Next thing London game my local bookies had handicap +17 only and what a sweat... Just donegal -3 now

Comment

Originally posted by iri$hkelt View Post
                                                                                                                    what a sweat i have Monaghan U-18, evns, London +17 evns and donegal -3 2/5

Tyrone were 1/100 at one stage i gave up on bet.. Dunno how Monaghan did it... Next thing London game my local bookies had handicap +17 only and what a sweat... Just donegal -3 now
                                                                                                                    A proper aftertimer would have waited till after the Donegal game but good effort.

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                                                                      A proper aftertimer would have waited till after the Donegal game but good effort.
                                                                                                                      and me a monaghan man good nuff for me!!!!

Comment

we have a Q & A with Joe Sheridan (meath) tomorrow for us at 1pm

It will be on twitter and he will be logged into @GaaLive so just tweet him with #AskJoe

It will be about 30 minutes long, so give it a go if you want, or share this with those who will be interested if you can

Thanks
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Any bets from the Gaa guru's for today?

What you think on the London spread this week conspicuous ?

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X