Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
    Dublin,Laois,Offaly,Wexford and Kildare €20 accum for me pays about 100/30
    Meh 4/5 isn't a bad start to the year fu Wexford.

Comment

Originally posted by theduster View Post
      Cos I said so.....!!!

Game is off now due to fog.
      With that good reasoning would have went all in on it.

Comment

Louth 6/4 v Meath is the pick of the midweek prices...!!
        Looking good now 0-8 to 0-2 to Louth at ht

Comment

Late goal for Meath match ends in a draw. Very unlucky for Louth backers

Comment

Meath 7/4 to win Division 3 and 10/11 to be promoted. Big value there.

Comment

Originally posted by Alanfox View Post
              Meath 7/4 to win Division 3 and 10/11 to be promoted. Big value there.
              I would respectfully have to disagree with that statement. Meath's winter form has been very indifferent in recent years. I'm sure they will be keen to return to a higher level but they wil have to overcome some tricky hurdles to get there. I would really need to be more convinced they will take this campaign seriously before putting money on them.
              Cork at 11/4 to win Division 1 is the standout bet for me. Their recent league record speaks for itself

Comment

Yeah depends whether Meath are interested in the league or not, typically they're not at all. Maybe this year will be different, I'll try to find out.

Comment

There might be some value about Laois 4/1 to win Division 2. They were promoted from that division 2 years ago and have improved a good bit since. McNulty has transformed them from a lightweight team into a strong phyical side who play to a fairly consistent level. Division 2 doesn't look particularly strong compared to other years either so should be there for the taking. Armagh and Galway are probably their chief threats. Armagh may be missing their Crossmaglen contingent for much of the campaign while I would never rely on Galway over the course of 7 matches

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                    I would respectfully have to disagree with that statement. Meath's winter form has been very indifferent in recent years. I'm sure they will be keen to return to a higher level but they wil have to overcome some tricky hurdles to get there. I would really need to be more convinced they will take this campaign seriously before putting money on them.
                    Cork at 11/4 to win Division 1 is the standout bet for me. Their recent league record speaks for itself
                    Just sticking my nose in here briefly to comment on this. Now I could well regret this statement, but I wouldn't go near Cork to win the league this year. They have a new management team in place, and one of those, Brian Cuthbert, has effectively taken charge of training/team development. It looks like he (and maybe Counihan also) have realised they need to completely rebuild their backline and this process has begun to a degree in the 2 McGrath cup games to date with 6 "new" defenders seeing game time. There are serious issues in the full back line where the potential 2 starting corner backs are both out for the year it seems (Ray Carey and Eoin Cotter). Damien Cahalane is being played there right now (total uncomfortable and more of a halfback or midfielder) along with John McLoughlin who is looking out of his depth. Tipperary ripped them apart quite a few times on Sunday,which even at this time of year has never happened to a Cork team before in living memory. (Tipp aren't bad either it has to be said).

Even if all the experimentation is abandoned and Counihan's "tried and trusted" are wheeled out again (i.e: Kissane, Noel O'Leary and Canty) it won't change the results IMO, as Canty is no longer the force he once was and will be destroyed by a pacy half forward, O'Leary is being consistently exposed these days and is incapable of kicking the ball accurately and Kissane, while not lacking pace is constantly exposed by better half forwards.
                    So, there's my long winded way of saying, keep yer money in your pocket, virtual or otherwise conspic!
                    P.S: PR is gone to shit these days...sad to see. Have you decamped to CP?
                    Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 16-01-13, 04:00.
                    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

We've got decent enough McKenna Cup and FBD League Previews on the site if anyone cares to take a look:

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                        Just sticking my nose in here briefly to comment on this. Now I could well regret this statement, but I wouldn't go near Cork to win the league this year. They have a new management team in place, and one of those, Brian Cuthbert, has effectively taken charge of training/team development. It looks like he (and maybe Counihan also) have realised they need to completely rebuild their backline and this process has begun to a degree in the 2 McGrath cup games to date with 6 "new" defenders seeing game time. There are serious issues in the full back line where the potential 2 starting corner backs are both out for the year it seems (Ray Carey and Eoin Cotter). Damien Cahalane is being played there right now (total uncomfortable and more of a halfback or midfielder) along with John McLoughlin who is looking out of his depth. Tipperary ripped them apart quite a few times on Sunday,which even at this time of year has never happened to a Cork team before in living memory. (Tipp aren't bad either it has to be said).

Even if all the experimentation is abandoned and Counihan's "tried and trusted" are wheeled out again (i.e: Kissane, Noel O'Leary and Canty) it won't change the results IMO, as Canty is no longer the force he once was and will be destroyed by a pacy half forward, O'Leary is being consistently exposed these days and is incapable of kicking the ball accurately and Kissane, while not lacking pace is constantly exposed by better half forwards.
                        So, there's my long winded way of saying, keep yer money in your pocket, virtual or otherwise conspic!
                        P.S: PR is gone to shit these days...sad to see. Have you decamped to CP?
                        Hi Kerry,
                        Hope all is well I thought we had lost another one to the real world Thanks for your input regarding Cork I guess I was basing my predictions on their league performances in recent years and their apparent suitability to winter conditions. There was also a certain amount of "process of elimination" applied here too. Dublin and Kerry are both under new management regimes and may be more concerned about experimenting than results, Donegal won't figure in the league as Jimmy will want them fresh for the championship, Tyrone are still in transition and short on quality and Down are rank outsiders. Mayo usually give the league a good rattle and may prove lively contenders but you would still fancy Cork in a decider at Croke Park. Even with some experimenting and transition I guess I figured Cork would still have the edge so that was my reasoning. I appreciate your comments though its always good to hear the other side of the argument.
                        As for PR I mainly only use it for the Betting Thread which has some good contributers. The rest is a mine field

Comment

Hi Kerry,
                          Hope all is well I thought we had lost another one to the real world Thanks for your input regarding Cork I guess I was basing my predictions on their league performances in recent years and their apparent suitability to winter conditions. There was also a certain amount of "process of elimination" applied here too. Dublin and Kerry are both under new management regimes and may be more concerned about experimenting than results, Donegal won't figure in the league as Jimmy will want them fresh for the championship, Tyrone are still in transition and short on quality and Down are rank outsiders. Mayo usually give the league a good rattle and may prove lively contenders but you would still fancy Cork in a decider at Croke Park. Even with some experimenting and transition I guess I figured Cork would still have the edge so that was my reasoning. I appreciate your comments though its always good to hear the other side of the argument.
                          As for PR I mainly only use it for the Betting Thread which has some good contributers. The rest is a mine field
                          Kildare are in div 1 this year also

Comment

Down v Armagh Live stream for anyone with a bet on the game, Armagh very inexperienced but I took some 9/4 anyway.

Comment

Kildare are in div 1 this year also

I know your'e only taking the mick and I obviously forgot to comment on them for a reason but now that you mention them I think Kildare at 4/1 to win the Leinster Championship is a very good lay.

Comment

I know your'e only taking the mick and I obviously forgot to comment on them for a reason but now that you mention them I think Kildare at 4/1 to win the Leinster Championship is a very good lay.
                                Hard to say going on last years form it's a definite lay.

Jason Ryan coming in however interests me although James kavanagh won't be there this year I think seanie could have a big year for us all the same I'm still expecting to be dragged around the country in qualifiers again this year.

Comment

Hard to say going on last years form it's a definite lay.

Jason Ryan coming in however interests me although James kavanagh won't be there this year I think seanie could have a big year for us all the same I'm still expecting to be dragged around the country in qualifiers again this year.

I think Kildare have plateaued. I may be totally wrong but I would be surprised if they improve next year

Comment

I think Kildare have plateaued. I may be totally wrong but I would be surprised if they improve next year
                                    They are doing something this year so far that really surprises me mikey Conway going from attack to defence with Morgan o flaherty going the opposite way does not make any sense to me o flaherty has been one of the standout players over the past few years.

Also on Jason Ryan it's hardly because its geezers final year and maybe to familiarise him with the setup for him to take over.

Comment

Kildare are definitely better than most people think. They've had some dreadful run bad in the last two years.

Comment

They are doing something this year so far that really surprises me mikey Conway going from attack to defence with Morgan o flaherty going the opposite way does not make any sense to me o flaherty has been one of the standout players over the past few years.

Also on Jason Ryan it's hardly because its geezers final year and maybe to familiarise him with the setup for him to take over.
                                        Don't think this is really that surprising. Morgan played in the half forwards a couple of years ago and dropped back to help out the defence a lot. I don't think he works as an orthodox centre back. Also Conway has been tried in the half back line before and a half back capable of long accurate passing is badly needed.

Rumour that Kavanagh is joining up with the Galway panel

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
                                          Don't think this is really that surprising. Morgan played in the half forwards a couple of years ago and dropped back to help out the defence a lot. I don't think he works as an orthodox centre back. Also Conway has been tried in the half back line before and a half back capable of long accurate passing is badly needed.

Rumour that Kavanagh is joining up with the Galway panel
                                          Agree, think O'Flaherty is a liability defensively as a CHB. I don't think that Kavanagh thing i going to happen at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                            Agree, think O'Flaherty is a liability defensively as a CHB. I don't think that Kavanagh thing i going to happen at all.
                                            Have just heard rumour on Kavanagh in that he was moving to Galway. Got asked by a work colleague from Galway then today as he has heard it when home.

Comment

Kildare have probably reached as far as they can go with this squad. If they'd been a bit luckier over the last few years they could have had an All Ireland, ridiculously unlucky against a negative Donegal team losing in ET after outplaying Donegal all over the pitch. If they'd have come through that match they could have had an AllIreland. But since then they haven't really made any progress. Us beating them last year kind of showed how they'd missed their chance at the big time as far as Im concerned. That said, they're easily the second best team in Leinster at this stage. 4/1 is very backable for Leinster. Meath at 5/1 (from a Meathman now!) is very short. Definitely a further gap between us and Kildare.

Comment

Kildare are definitely better than most people think. They've had some dreadful run bad in the last two years.
                                                That depends on what most people think of them. When a team consistently loses tight matches or matches against teams that are similar standard or better, then it's usually more than a case of run bad. Personally I think they are an exceptionally well drilled, well conditioned group of athletes but lack the skilled footballers to take it on to the next level. As someone once said of Jack Charlton's Ireland, "Its either plan A or plan A". Ireland didn't have the players to adapt to a more intricate gameplan and neither do Kildare. They kick too many wides and they have no crafty, prolific inside forwards that are a hallmark of all winning sides. Neither do they have players in their own half with the long range passing ability to exploit space. Then there is the b word. Since I started watching football in the early 80s Kildare have constantly been coming up short. Before they made the breakthrough under Micko in 98 they had a decade of draws and near misses with Dublin and Meath. They then lost successive Leinster final in the early noughties before going into decline for some years. Their latest reincarnation has brought them to plenty of Leinster finals and All Ireland finals and their record in these matches is appalling. Many of these matches were lost by a point or 2 when the game was there for the taking.

Comment

Kildare have probably reached as far as they can go with this squad. If they'd been a bit luckier over the last few years they could have had an All Ireland, ridiculously unlucky against a negative Donegal team losing in ET after outplaying Donegal all over the pitch. If they'd have come through that match they could have had an AllIreland. But since then they haven't really made any progress. Us beating them last year kind of showed how they'd missed their chance at the big time as far as Im concerned. That said, they're easily the second best team in Leinster at this stage. 4/1 is very backable for Leinster. Meath at 5/1 (from a Meathman now!) is very short. Definitely a further gap between us and Kildare.
                                                  Neither team should be as long as they are. Dublin are just laughably short.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkymonk View Post
                                                    Have just heard rumour on Kavanagh in that he was moving to Galway. Got asked by a work colleague from Galway then today as he has heard it when home.
                                                    Yeah it was a rumour a week or so ago but he's confirmed he's just short of time and hopes to go back with Kildare at some stage:

NO, he's not retired. And no, he's not transferring to Galway. In fact, if all goes well for James Kavanagh in his busy life over the next 12 months, he may yet return to play with Kildare. News of his departure from Kieran McGeeney's county squad first sent shockwaves through the county before the

Comment

Neither team should be as long as they are. Dublin are just laughably short.
                                                      Dont really think we have a snowballs chance of Leinster this year. A few good performances and route to Qrt Finals via backdoor is best case scenario. Hope Im wrong though

Comment

Dont really think we have a snowballs chance of Leinster this year. A few good performances and route to Qrt Finals via backdoor is best case scenario. Hope Im wrong though

Stop trying to appeal to the mocker gods The draw is pretty kind to you, avoiding Dublin and Kildare before the final. 4/6 on Dublin does sound very short for what is basically a double on Dublin beating Kildare then Dublin beating Meath.

Wicklow V Longford the winner to play Meath

V

Laois V Louth the winner to play Wexford

Westmeath V Carlow the winner to play Dublin

V

Offaly V Kildare

Comment

Stop trying to appeal to the mocker gods The draw is pretty kind to you, avoiding Dublin and Kildare before the final. 4/6 on Dublin does sound very short for what is basically a double on Dublin beating Kildare then Dublin beating Meath.

Wicklow V Longford the winner to play Meath

V

Laois V Louth the winner to play Wexford

Westmeath V Carlow the winner to play Dublin

V

Offaly V Kildare
                                                          Yeah 4/6 on Dublin is crazy. And we've a decent path to the final alright. Last few years we tend to make hard work of beating teams we should beat easily though(Carlow Laois etc). Longford could surprise a few people this year. It's just a pity they don't have a stronger panel because they've a few brilliant footballers. Mickey Quinn was incredible against Wexford last year.
                                                          But If we win Leinster, I wont exactly be complaining

Comment

I think you are wrong there with this being the limit of the squad if you take Doyle Sweeney early and 1 or 2 other bit part players the average age is probably 23-24 it's a very young panel with 1 or 2 experienced heads in there aswell.

The big thing is though we need to beat a Dublin or Kerry for that confidence boost IMO I think that in itself would make a drastic difference.

I'm looking forward to div 1 this year as with a win over 1 of the big teams could spur them on.

Anyway wherever it is or let the sun be shining or snow ill still be there to support them this year as always I think it's coming on 10 years since I missed a match so why change now.

Comment

What if ye ended up playing Kildare in the final? What odds are Kildare going to be vs Dublin? Really don't think the odds stack up too well on Dublin's side.

Comment

I did a round-up of the McKenna Cup from last night here:

Comment

There's about a 20% edge on the market prices on the bet I put on livegaelic this week.

Aware that I'm spamming a bit here so if anybody doesn't want to click it's Down, Mayo & Galway at Boyles prices.

Clicks are very much appreciated though

Comment

There's about a 20% edge on the market prices on the bet I put on livegaelic this week.

Aware that I'm spamming a bit here so if anybody doesn't want to click it's Down, Mayo & Galway at Boyles prices.

Clicks are very much appreciated though

http://www.livegaelic.com/the-proper...tions-round-4/
                                                                    I don't consider it spamming you are putting up a lot of good info IMO anyone reading this thread is looking for the kind of info you are posting.

Keep up the good work

Comment

Waterford hurlers lose today to UL in a pre season game, at home and pretty much with a full strength team. UL were 7/4 and I considered it but couldnt pull the trigger. Tough year ahead for our lads I fear, will be keeping an eye out for any value to try numb the pain

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                        Waterford hurlers lose today to UL in a pre season game, at home and pretty much with a full strength team. UL were 7/4 and I considered it but couldnt pull the trigger. Tough year ahead for our lads I fear, will be keeping an eye out for any value to try numb the pain
                                                                        Is mullane finished?

Comment

Is mullane finished?
                                                                          Yep, much as I'd like to hope he will come back I cant see it.

Tribute piece I wrote for Livegaelic.com here

/Keane

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                            Yep, much as I'd like to hope he will come back I cant see it.

Tribute piece I wrote for Livegaelic.com here

/Keane
                                                                            Cracking read kev and a great tribute to 1 of the most passionate men in the game.

The thing I loved about him was you knew every single time what you were gonna get out of him 1000%.

A true great.

Comment

Cracking read kev and a great tribute to 1 of the most passionate men in the game.

The thing I loved about him was you knew every single time what you were gonna get out of him 1000%.

A true great.
                                                                              As a long suffering Waterford fan on reflection it was his performances in games where everything was going wrong that warm the memories most. Others had a tendancy to let the head go down all too easily but not him. 5 All Star awards for a player who's team never won an All Ireland is pretty remarkable

Comment

There's previews of the two games tonight, a report from Tipp vs Kerry earlier and a betting blog on the site if anyone's bored and wants to do a bit of light reading

I'll be doing live updates of Dublin vs Kildare and Tyrone vs Monaghan later on as well here:

Comment

There's previews of the two games tonight, a report from Tipp vs Kerry earlier and a betting blog on the site if anyone's bored and wants to do a bit of light reading

I'll be doing live updates of Dublin vs Kildare and Tyrone vs Monaghan later on as well here:

http://www.livegaelic.com/scores/
                                                                                  Great stuff again keane keep up the good work.
                                                                                  Maybe a warrant for a keane gaa thread?

Comment

lol, ty but I think I'm lucky enough if Kev doesn't ban me for spamming here never mind a separate thread

Comment

lol, ty but I think I'm lucky enough if Kev doesn't ban me for spamming here never mind a separate thread
                                                                                      spamming livegaelic is always fine here

Comment

Dublin just about squeak in ahead at HT to keep the first bet alive.

Comment

Comment

Mon da Lily's

Comment

Nice shout on Leitrim today anyway Keano...didn't fancy it myself given the GMIT v Leitrim game, but you were spot on.

You doing a piece on Sigerson/Fitzgibbon action?

Comment

Nice shout on Leitrim today anyway Keano...didn't fancy it myself given the GMIT v Leitrim game, but you were spot on.

You doing a piece on Sigerson/Fitzgibbon action?
                                                                                                I wouldn't know anywhere near enough about it tbh John, you're welcome to throw something together for it if you fancy it?

Comment

I wouldn't know anywhere near enough about it tbh John, you're welcome to throw something together for it if you fancy it?
                                                                                                  I might have a look at it and see if I can throw something together, will let you know.

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about the Sigerson but a few guys I've been talking to that should know say DIT are the value bet....
                                                                                                    They were 13/2 last week, think they're into 5's in places now!

I've since heard there is question mark involving some key players eligibility, its something to do with length of time in the college/number of courses...
                                                                                                    This would surely effect most of the top teams so would be worth checking out before taking a plunge!!
                                                                                                    "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

I don't know a whole lot about the Sigerson but a few guys I've been talking to that should know say DIT are the value bet....
                                                                                                      They were 13/2 last week, think they're into 5's in places now!

I've since heard there is question mark involving some key players eligibility, its something to do with length of time in the college/number of courses...
                                                                                                      This would surely effect most of the top teams so would be worth checking out before taking a plunge!!
                                                                                                      Don't think DIT have that problem afaik, so much as DCU do...Big decision due tomorrow on whether All Star Aidan Walsh can play Sigerson for DCU or not. It will have a knock-on effect for a few other colleges and big names also.

DIT are a better price than expected (4/11) away to NUIG, have thrown a small bit on them and have them as part of a UCC/DIT/IT.Carlow treble which is 2.4/1 roughly and which should come in.

FWIW, the draw has been kind enough to UCC, who I fancy to make it to the final meaning the 7/1 on offer currently for them to win outright may look good in hindsight come finals weekend. They are the only team with the overall strength to challenge DCU this year I feel.

Comment

Don't think DIT have that problem afaik, so much as DCU do...Big decision due tomorrow on whether All Star Aidan Walsh can play Sigerson for DCU or not. It will have a knock-on effect for a few other colleges and big names also.

DIT are a better price than expected (4/11) away to NUIG, have thrown a small bit on them and have them as part of a UCC/DIT/IT.Carlow treble which is 2.4/1 roughly and which should come in.

FWIW, the draw has been kind enough to UCC, who I fancy to make it to the final meaning the 7/1 on offer currently for them to win outright may look good in hindsight come finals weekend. They are the only team with the overall strength to challenge DCU this year I feel.
                                                                                                        Hi kerryNorth,
                                                                                                        I was eyeing up my own treble cert as DIT/UCD/DCU but it's still only odds on (1.55-1.6)
                                                                                                        How can any of them lose I'm thinking?
                                                                                                        What u think? DIT are apparently value at 4/11 and how can UCD possibly lose or draw to Trinity and DCU with their ridiculously good panel to lose or draw to UL would be an almighty shock. I'm just going on what I've been picking up from here and there.
                                                                                                        Would you agree it's as close to a banker for a treble as you get? Any chance of an upset somewhere?

Comment

Think Athlone IT at 5/2 are a good bet against Carlow IT. Athlone have good players from galway, westmeath, offaly and roscommon involved. Carlow have good players but from knowing players there the set up this year isnt great and there not as confident asd previous years. Nearly getting relegated from Div. 1 last december.

Also will have a small bet on UL at 5/1. DCU have never had a good year after winning the sigerson. UL have a good mix of players, as do DCU. But I have a sneaky feeling UL will run them close

Comment

We have previews of all the games tomorrow:

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                              Hi kerryNorth,
                                                                                                              I was eyeing up my own treble cert as DIT/UCD/DCU but it's still only odds on (1.55-1.6)
                                                                                                              What u think? DIT are apparently value at 4/11 and how can UCD possibly lose or draw to Trinity and DCU with their ridiculously good panel to lose or draw to UL would be an almighty shock. I'm just going on what I've been picking up from here and there.
                                                                                                              Would you agree it's as close to a banker for a treble as you get? Any chance of an upset somewhere?
                                                                                                              DIT game is off I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                                Hi kerryNorth,
                                                                                                                Just saw this now. Yeah UCD will win (they wouldn't be let back into Belfield if they lost to Trinity!) but they are such a ridiculous price that they add little to the value.

The only possible upset would be DIT playing away to NUIG. Now I've had several people I've discussed this saying "og NUIG will narrow the pitch in Daingean (their home ground) and it will be fierce mucky/messy"....but my counter argument to that is that several of DIT's main men are not only men who are well suited to playing in those conditions, but they are also Connacht men who will know most of the NUIG team very well, Aidan O'Shea and Jason Freeman are the 2 main ones I'm thinking of. Conversely, many NUIG players won't have played against Mark Collins or Darran O'Sullivan for example before and will take time to get to grips with them, if they manage it at all.

Some people are touting DIT as the challengers to DCU. I actually think DIT have major weaknesses and wouldn't get near DCU if both played near max potential. I fancy UCC for example far more to put it up to DCU.

That being said, I think DIT will win here..IF the game goes ahead that it as Galway is partially submerged I hear.

CIT v GMIT game scheduled for 2mrw in Cork is off already..I imagine some other games may fall foul of the weather also.

Comment

Originally posted by eurotomillions View Post
                                                                                                                  Think Athlone IT at 5/2 are a good bet against Carlow IT. Athlone have good players from galway, westmeath, offaly and roscommon involved. Carlow have good players but from knowing players there the set up this year isnt great and there not as confident asd previous years. Nearly getting relegated from Div. 1 last december.

Also will have a small bet on UL at 5/1. DCU have never had a good year after winning the sigerson. UL have a good mix of players, as do DCU. But I have a sneaky feeling UL will run them close
                                                                                                                  Athlone won by 10 points I think. Carlow had a man sent off early in the game which turned it on its heels and athlone pushed on from there. DCU hammered UL but only had a fiver on it so cant complain, my main bet won which is main thing

Comment

Did I mention Kildare beat Dublin.

Comment

Doing live scores here, pretty surprisingly TCD and UCD look like going into HT level...

Comment

The rightful order seems to have been restored

Comment

Originally posted by eurotomillions View Post
                                                                                                                          Athlone won by 10 points I think. Carlow had a man sent off early in the game which turned it on its heels and athlone pushed on from there. DCU hammered UL but only had a fiver on it so cant complain, my main bet won which is main thing
                                                                                                                          Nice score, wp sir.

Was at the game and there is no underestimating the impact of the minute of madness that saw Carlow go from leading by 2 approaching halftime, to trailing by 1 and being down a man. Conceeded a really soft goal and then the corner back clocked his man in front of the umpire and got red.

Athlone really pushed on from there and Carlow seemed completely demoralised by it, OR maybe they were just lacking the grit/spirit anyway, not sure. Certainly they should have got more out of some of the county stars in their lineup.

Fair play to Athlone though, they really were up for it and kept going right to the end. They played and worked as a team and they have a few handy forwards who know where the posts are. They will be going all out now to make the weekend on their home turf.

Had a good size bet on UCC which came off as expected, Carlow obviously scuttled the treble and the DIT game which I also had a nibble of is deferred.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X