GAA Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arazi View Post
    No you're not ur just being an arsehole really. What are your prices and justify them with analysis please.
    I'm sorry for being a bit dismissive, but to put it simply, Meath just aren't as good as Kildare IMO. Kildare are a better conditioned team, a better balanced team..a team with a more defined and structured plan of how they want to play. For raw talent, Meath's forwards are actually probably better than Kildare's..but Meath's defence and midfield are very inconsistent. They didn't look much superior to Carlow/Wicklow in those sectors for large sections of the games with them..they are both Div 4 teams.

Added to that, the psychological hold Meath used to have over Kildare is totally gone after the trimming Kildare dished out in the 1/4 final in 2010 AND Kildare coming from behind to win away in Navan in the qualifiers.

I make Kildare 4 points a better team than Meath at this stage, and given that Kevin Reilly is a serious injury doubt for Meath, I can't see my opinion changing after Sunday.
    "Ne jamais perdre sa passsionne...ou s'en, éloigner vite!!!!..EC

Comment

Waterford will beat Wicklow today

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
        Well with Hurney back they've got a chance..but I don't see it happening myself.

Comment

Insta-snaffled the + when I saw the team named yesterday.

Also, lol at Arazi & his 10/11 Meath obv.

Comment

@Keane........ Antrim -4 vs London????

Comment

I'm all over Carlow @ 7/1 Laois are so bad there's value here especially if Carlow perform like the first game with Meath.

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                I'm all over Carlow @ 7/1 Laois are so bad there's value here especially if Carlow perform like the first game with Meath.
                Its a funny one. Saw Laois in killarney in the league and they played very nice stuff at times, thought they might throw a shape in Leinster..then they were mostly awful against Longford, but were still denied what looked a perfectly good goal which would've given them a victory. Who knows...these 1st round qualifiers as much a test of mental character as ability. Teams can go 2 ways...they can say
                1. Right, lets give this back door a right go and try to win some c/ship games, this is what we train for....or
                2. Half of them can head for Boston/NYC/London to pick up some $$$$ and the rest of them go on the piss and say, ah fuck it, we'll have a go next year.

Laois, have in the past done 1 above (beating Tyrone notably one year), but I'm not sure where they're at right now. They are better than Carlow if they play anywhere near potential and they have made positive steps like dropping Billy Sheehan (and they are at home) so you'd still think they'll win, but 7/1 is a ridiculous price to be fair.

Comment

Yeah the +8 Boyles were(are?) offering on Carlow was a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                    @Keane........ Antrim -4 vs London????
                    Tbh I have no idea how good or bad London are and Ruislip is a gammy place to have to travel to. I expect London will be taking this one pretty seriously because their captain is an Antrim man himself. I've not taken a position on this one FWIW.

Comment

Paddy Cunningham is out of the team at the last second for Antrim, will be a blow to the minus bet.

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                        Yeah the +8 Boyles were(are?) offering on Carlow was a joke.
                        +8 @4/5.

The +5 @ 7/5 on PP is even worth looking at.

Comment

dont know enough about either side but one thing that struck me is just how small (physically) a good few of the carlow lads looked versus meath on TV highlights the other week.

call me old fashioned but i'd just wouldnt feel confident having a cent on a team that looked more like your average half decent intermediate club side.

god help them if they had to face the kildares or dublins of this world in their current conditioning. just a thought. how in the name of god did they draw with meath day 1 (i've concluded in my own mind it is meath being a mess that day more than anything but since i didnt see enough of the games i could be making a completely wrong assumption)

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                            dont know enough about either side but one thing that struck me is just how small (physically) a good few of the carlow lads looked versus meath on TV highlights the other week.

call me old fashioned but i'd just wouldnt feel confident having a cent on a team that looked more like your average half decent intermediate club side.

god help them if they had to face the kildares or dublins of this world in their current conditioning. just a thought. how in the name of god did they draw with meath day 1 (i've concluded in my own mind it is meath being a mess that day more than anything but since i didnt see enough of the games i could be making a completely wrong assumption)
                            Agree with a lot of what you said but tbh Laois are dire and there's not that much interest if Carlow put it up to them I can see Laois just giving up.

Comment

Antrim 5 up on London even without Cunningham with 10 left i 1st half.

Comment

Originally posted by ciarraithuaidh View Post
                                Antrim 5 up on London even without Cunningham with 10 left i 1st half.
                                Edit London up by a goal 2-5 1-5
                                Last edited by Donk Magnet; 30-06-12, 12:45.

Comment

Edit London up by a goal 2-5 1-5
                                  Still wouldn't back them...even though they are available at 5/1!

Edit: Level already in 2nd half...
                                  Last edited by ciarraithuaidh; 30-06-12, 13:05.

Comment

Insta-snaffled the + when I saw the team named yesterday.
                                    Gary Hurney's got himself sent off for an off the ball incident with Waterford four points up. Fucking gobshite.

Comment

any opinions on irish open winner guys?

Comment

NO kiss of death

Comment

Originally posted by alanmc101 View Post
                                          any opinions on irish open winner guys?
                                          Wrong thread me thinks.
                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Gary Hurney's got himself sent off for an off the ball incident with Waterford four points up. Fucking gobshite.
                                            Three up at HT still.

Comment

Limerick with 4 goals in first 15 mins v antrim

Comment

Three up at HT still.
                                                listening to wlr do you have a link or anyway for commentry please

Comment

Limerick with 4 goals in first 11 mins v antrim

Comment

Originally posted by kenttheking View Post
                                                    listening to wlr do you have a link or anyway for commentry please
                                                    Sportsnewsireland.com for live text updates ray

Comment

Tony Hannon and Austin O'Malley off at HT for Wicklow, very strange unless both picked up injuries. Good news for Waterford backers regardless.

Comment

Tony Hannon and Austin O'Malley off at HT for Wicklow, very strange unless both picked up injuries. Good news for Waterford backers regardless.
                                                        bang bang bang 7 7 very diffcult if not impossible

Comment

Wicklow only 1 behind now

Comment

goal for wicklow goodnight

Comment

paddy power sports in running is the quickest me thinks for the scores

Comment

It's criminal to get sent off for off the ball stuff.

Comment

4 Tipp starters on the beer last Sunday night in Clonmel. Make what you want of the info, im not betting on the match but if anyone half fancies Offaly it may be a contributing factor.
                                                                  Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

It's criminal to get sent off for off the ball stuff.
                                                                    well if where to have any chance we diffo need 15 on the pitch but its been all to common in waterford football i suppose the players get frustrated always been up againest it really

Comment

well if where to have any chance we diffo need 15 on the pitch but its been all to common in waterford football i suppose the players get frustrated always been up againest it really
                                                                      Doesn't add up when in such a good position in such a winnable game.

Comment

Doesn't add up when in such a good position in such a winnable game.
                                                                        waterford were playing with a gale in the frist half

Comment

Originally posted by tipp86 View Post
                                                                          4 Tipp starters on the beer last Sunday night in Clonmel. Make what you want of the info, im not betting on the match but if anyone half fancies Offaly it may be a contributing factor.
                                                                          I would have said Tipp at 4/6 on Hill's looked decent.

Comment

all square

Comment

listen to the radio wicklow in a flap all waterford just gone a point up paddy power going 6 to 4 wicklow in running

Comment

5 to2 wicklow in running wonder had they a player sent off

Comment

5 to2 wicklow in running wonder had they a player sent off
                                                                                  They're a point down in injury time.

Comment

fff wicklow point for draw last kick of game extra time

Comment

fff wicklow point for draw last kick of game extra time
                                                                                      5 min extra time lol wtf. Hurney able to play extra time

Comment

5 min extra time lol wtf. Hurney able to play extra time
                                                                                        I doubt he can come back on can he?

Comment

I doubt he can come back on can he?
                                                                                          Not sure forgot to put a question mark at the end

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                                                            I would have said Tipp at 4/6 on Hill's looked decent.
                                                                                            Ya id still fancy them but would not go near betting on them.

I just threw it up as it cant be any harm for someone considering punting on it to know. I suppose 4 lads on the beer a week before a game wont have a huge bearing considering they are young lads. Its still not exactly showing professionalism tho.

The full forward Quinlivan only got back from a week in Greece lately aswell if rumours are to be believed.
                                                                                            Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

He can't but Waterford back to 15, one of the crazier gaa rules imo

Comment

He can't but Waterford back to 15, one of the crazier gaa rules imo
                                                                                                im sure thats the rule he cant come back but we can go back to fifteen SURE WE NEED ALL THE HELP WE CAN GET

Comment

4 to5 wicklow 6 to4 waterford

Comment

wicklow lad lost hes tooth there on the feild looking for it i swear you couldn t make it up

Comment

wicklow hit 4 unanswer points

Comment

Just fired a tonne on Tyrone +1 @11/10 on PP.

Comment

Originally posted by burkeyoa View Post
                                                                                                          Limerick -12 at evs on boyles atm is a must back imo (its 4/6 on paddy). We are in turmoil atm with manager walking then coming in on board again as a selector under the new management only to be sacked again a week later. The stand in manager was in the process of picking a panel again no less than two weeks ago. And the focus on this game just seems to be a 'get it out of the way' approach. I am in for quite a bit on the -12 and i can see limerick winning this won by 20plus points quite easily. They put us away with ease at home earlier in the year in the league, when we were meant to be going quite well so i cant see anything changing here.
                                                                                                          FT Limerick 8-26 (50) Antrim 1-15 (18)

Hope some of you got on. Was basically like stealing money. Made quite a lot on the various handicaps i took on. The money softens the blow of what is a disaster for Antrim hurling. The shamrocks winning the all ireland club has funnily enough put us further behind as a county team.

Comment

Stiff enough breeze in their favour that 1st half

Comment

the ref must have put money on them too. 4 terrible decisions on that first half against donegal.

Comment

Louth 7-4 up and still available at 23/10???????

Comment

If this was at half time its probably because they only have 13 men
                                                                                                                  location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Went in heavy on the handicap westmeath-2 at 10/11 with all the info i had on louth missing so many players and no manager, but jesus louth were all square with 10 mins to go with 13 men from half time. Was listening on radio and louth were bringing on junior club players in the second half and westmeath couldnt close it out.I will defo be looking at whoever westmeath get next.
                                                                                                                    location green and yellow stretford end

Comment

Originally posted by bustamoves View Post
                                                                                                                      here are my bets for weekend GAA football

kildare v meath
                                                                                                                      feeling this could turn nasty....for meath and something tells me kildare are going to put up a big score and end up hammering meath by somewhere around 10 points, so i'm dutching across winning margins 5-12 point victory for
                                                                                                                      kildare which returns 2.71/1
                                                                                                                      1pt dutch bet winning margin 5-12 points 2.7/1
                                                                                                                      bantee to resign immediately after the game
                                                                                                                      1 pt (8/1 paddypowers)

longford v derry
                                                                                                                      have to fancy longford in this one going on what we've seen so far from both sides. quite like the cut of longford this year. derry are an unknown quantity really. i mean they were so bad vs donegal that it was almost like they threw the match and a different team could turn up next weekend. how so and ever, gotta keep the faith.
                                                                                                                      1pt longford win 10/11

donegal vs tyrone.
                                                                                                                      donegal are better in my opinion. i expect things to revert to type a bit though and donegal to put in a dog eat dog opening half of defend for life. somehow i think they'll also breed confidence after the derry game and so i think they can win this from the front. inch ahead in the first half and hold. so the 9/4 about donegal/donegal is too tempting and so i'm taking that.
                                                                                                                      i think cavanagh is a huge loss to tyrone btw and if hhe was playing it would change my view on this game.
                                                                                                                      the view is that both teams are more attacking now and overs have been tipped for total points. again because i think things will revert to type i'm expecting lower than average totals so unders for me
                                                                                                                      -28.5 points 1pt paddy power

dublin vs wexford
                                                                                                                      dublin are far superior and i think they will have the close calls with wexford in previous meetings on their minds so again i expect a strong start and strong finish and expect them to go about it in a professional way. i.e. take points early, build a lead and finish it out. by this i mean they wont be go for goals in first half.
                                                                                                                      because the handicap looks a little risky i'm going for goals market
                                                                                                                      dublin under 1.5, 1pt 5/6
                                                                                                                      wexford under .5, 1pt 11/10
                                                                                                                      handicap draw dublin -7, 0.25pt 10/1

tipperary vs offaly
                                                                                                                      tipp -2 5/4

roscommon v armagh
                                                                                                                      armagh should win and (would eat them alive if they had to but...i'd prefer if it was crossmaglen playing them on their own and i'd have my money on but something tells me this armagh side have a missing ingredient that makes them vulnerable) everybody is writing roscommon off but i
                                                                                                                      think armagh could be over confident andthis one that could spring a surprise over the weekend.
                                                                                                                      roscommon +4 evens

antrim vs london
                                                                                                                      london +4
                                                                                                                      1pt evens

westmeath vs louth
                                                                                                                      westmeath 1pt 4/9
                                                                                                                      expect a bad game from 2 bad sides
                                                                                                                      so under 31.5 points 1pt 4/5

galway minors vs roscommon
                                                                                                                      1pt galway 6/4
                                                                                                                      some excellent calls on the Gaa results and interesting views,,,,though im not too sure about rosscommon!! i think armagh are a far superior side and if they get ahead early on their 'over confidence' could well be a factor in helping them notching up a big score and cannot see rosscommon keeping in to them,,, armagh by 7/8 points is how i would see it.(ming)

Comment

Thoughts on todays games folks? Football betting fish needs to make money

Comment

I'm going out on a limb here and saying that is a lol-bad pricing. I have lumped on a Kildare -2/Dubs -4 @ evs!
                                                                                                                          Thoughts on todays games folks? Football betting fish needs to make money
                                                                                                                          pretty much all the above kev.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X