Exposed as a bluffer, I like it. The auld lad knows his stuff

weird days racing.
      Hard to disagree with the faves in pretty much any race

I backed wounded warrior in next on recommendation from someone who has a clue.

Also some don poli, first lieutenant and silver Concorde doubles and trebles

Took small punts on Beat That, First Lieutenant and Shaneshill.

Big +1 to Fletchers Flyer in the bumper.
            N1, wasn't sure he'd hang on there!

Big +1 to Fletchers Flyer in the bumper.
              what a fucking finish I was screaming that across the line

Misclicked Black Hercules into todays big odds ew accum instead of Shaneshill all the rest were placed

Urticaire @ 5/2 (GP)
                  Klinnsman @ 10/1 (GP) Last bet tips have been good to me the last two days. Let go for the hattrick
                  Felix Yonger @ 7/1 (GP) Owes me from Cheltenham
                  Our Man Zebo @ 11/2 (GP)
                  Quevega @ 11/10 (GP) on at evens already but plunged again
                  Quantitativeeasing @ 4/1 (GP)

All backed singles (some ew) and a speculative wedding accum/63
                  Last edited by DeadParrot; 01-05-14, 09:38.

Glens Melody 5.4 three places

All In

Kilnsman & sizing machine at punchestown,star for life in the 7.55 ffos las for a few e/w nibbles.

Nothing crazy Champagne Fever, Quevega and Klinsman (based on the HayesWise)

Champagne fever is the most ridiculous price of anything all week.

I think Kilnsman at 12/1 in the last in Punchestown is an absolute rick
                            Tell us more the Mullins fav in the race is a non runner.
                            Klinnsman best priced 7/1 now.

I backed kilnsman online at 11/1 a few minutes before the fav pulled out. Do I get a shorter price now?

Originally posted by ConorB7 View Post
                                I backed kilnsman online at 11/1 a few minutes before the fav pulled out. Do I get a shorter price now?
                                there will be a rule 4 reduction so effectively you will be getting the lower price.

what price was the fav before he got pulled? i cant seen to remember

Originally posted by shanboghted View Post
                                    what price was the fav before he got pulled? i cant seen to remember
                                    4/5 most places

So with the rule 4 reduction your 12/1 becomes 5.4/1 if it's 55p taken from every £1 winning? Don't see how this makes sense as odds went from 12s to 7s when favourite was pulled.

Misclicked Black Hercules into todays big odds ew accum instead of Shaneshill all the rest were placed

Was that with Powers Strewel? Lad who works with me is a big Shaneshill supporter and spent most of yesterday telling me why he fancied it. He did a treble in 3 punch races in the w/o fav markets and happily went to check his balance to find black Hercules in the bet.

No I did it on Betfair multiples it was a dumb mistake on my part because I nearly got caught out in the same way before.
                                          It was switching from the exchange view where Shaneshill was towards the top of the list and the racecard view that they use in multiples where Black Hercules in the same colours was top

Left a nice few quid behind but it could have been worse...they'd might have all won

I would hold a polar opposite view to you here.
                                            I've been thinking all along that this was the race for her, the further she goes the better she is and every drop of rain plays to her strengths.
                                            I'm wrong a lot more often than you are though.

Odd that he has left her and the four year old in the mares race on Saturday as well

Is there any substance to the rumors about Quevega having being covered by Beat Hollow but it didn't take?

No I did it on Betfair multiples it was a dumb mistake on my part because I nearly got caught out in the same way before.
                                              It was switching from the exchange view where Shaneshill was towards the top of the list and the racecard view that they use in multiples where Black Hercules in the same colours was top

Left a nice few quid behind but it could have been worse...they'd might have all won
                                              Just a coincidence so ! Hard luck I imagine he just mixed up the colours .

Is there any substance to the rumors about Quevega having being covered by Beat Hollow but it didn't take?
                                                What does this mean?

Cover= the ride, Didn't take= she didn't go in foal.

There are rumors that Quevega was in foal to beat hollow(sire)

So when a mammy horse and a daddy horse love each other very much.....
                                                      I'm just worrying about my bets tbh
                                                      How the fuck is my horse meant to win when she is carrying another albeit smaller horse inside her!!!

So when a mammy horse and a daddy horse love each other very much.....
                                                        I'm just worrying about my bets tbh
                                                        How the fuck is my horse meant to win when she is carrying another albeit smaller horse inside her!!!
                                                        In alot of cases it's a plus when they run in foal, it would be a positive rather than a negative.

They are allowed to run in foal for up to 100 days, as has been said there are a few example where it has in fact improved the mares performance.

every day is a school day

Originally posted by japeye View Post
                                                              In alot of cases it's a plus when they run in foal, it would be a positive rather than a negative.
                                                              You'd want to see the face of my Daughter when I was explaining this to her and went on to suggest that it would be a great idea we get Jennies covered early in the season and have it aborted later on

I'm a fecking eejit Ted, Davy Russell masterclass today.

I would hold a polar opposite view to you here.
                                                                  This is why Haysewise can charge those fancy prices and I'm a pauper!

I took heed of the warning and that she was trading at 2.8 at the off to soften my position

Shamiran @ 16s with powers(paying 4 places) the best i can muster up today in the 4.20 for a e/w poke.good luck all.(Mullaghanoe River withdrawn so down to 14 runners)
                                                                    Last edited by amberleaf; 02-05-14, 10:26.

operating in the 4.20 ew
                                                                      Last edited by jazzyfish; 02-05-14, 13:13.

Jazzy you fuckin beauty

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                          operating in the 4.20 ew
                                                                          Nice shout Jamie

Great shout Jazzy WP

I don't think it's aftertiming to say I had a grand total of €1 e/w on that tip - feels like a loss to be honest, God only knows why I bet that amount!

Cheers Jazzman. Should have stuck with the confidence in the original post

Nice shout jazzy, not that I was smart enough to back it though

Cheers Jazzman. Should have stuck with the confidence in the original post

had to change ew price went out to 16-1 to big of a price for win bet around punchestown
                                                                                    Last edited by jazzyfish; 02-05-14, 16:39.

Backing The Plan Man in the next.

Montana belle wan time

Sole power MBS special on pp? Backed toocoombe in the guineas e w on final furlong advice

The instructions today will be fairly straightforward...
                                                                                            'Don't fall off her'

Outstrip and Toormore ew against the field for me.

Outstrip was there or there abouts last season against some of the leading protagonist in this race in races with soft in the description but excelled on the the firm stateside in the Juvenile. While perhaps not the best form guide for the guineas 25's looks big in a hype heavy market.

Toormore has done very little wrong thus far, some were negative about his comeback run but thought he shapped like he needed it and would come on from the run. Drifting to 9's in places this morning.

Looking through the handicap races last night, there was one horse I liked the look of.
                                                                                                2.55 Goodwood - Magic City

Plus
                                                                                                Excels on severe undulating tracks and is 3 from 3 at Goodwood
                                                                                                Going and distance no problem
                                                                                                Perfectly weighted and decent win rate
                                                                                                Won on his 2nd seasonal reappearance last year
                                                                                                His main rival today is Newstead Abbey who produced a great effort last time out from a bad draw. However, he is 0-2 on undulating tracks. He has won 3 times on flat sharp tracks only.

Negative
                                                                                                No natural front runners in this race. Therefore no pace so if the confessor or Clockmaker decide to change tactics and lead, they might be able to dictate start to finish. Magic City is a hold up horse and that can bring it's own problems in a slow run race.

I think 9/2 is value here.

Give Sole Power a bit of summer ground and he's lightning. Ryan Moore showing why he's in a league of his own there too.

Sole powers got the gears.
                                                                                                    Moore unreal there, always make the right decision.

got a tip from tipp for kitten rock 4.20 punchestown,

I just threw a tenner ew @12/1 there now

'Don't fall off her'
                                                                                                        Even better! Great run, congrats

'Don't fall off her'
                                                                                                          Lovely second place €19K pot, and G1 placed. Nice.

She was never giving up 2nd there was she. All heart.

great run sp,congrads

Who is the pale bird with the dictaphone in the Punchestown enclosure with the purple jacket?. My bet is shes an imposter!.

4.55 the thegreatjohnbrone
                                                                                                                  punchestown

In the press huddle? Sounds like Aisling Crowe or Jessica Lamb, neither an imposter.
                                                                                                                    First named, ah im sure shes lovely i see she has many articles published just thought it funny mid way in a press huddle interview looking semi interested she just pulled away!, probably knew it would be on rte later.

'Don't fall off her'
                                                                                                                      Tremendous run and tasty €19k pot on top of whatever you took e/w and/or w/o.
                                                                                                                      She has the heart and commitment.

That was fairly a good day out

We all seemed more pleased with second than all bar the owner appeared to be with their win.

On any other day the highlight would have been Jarlath's brother carrying 9 pounds overweight to hack up in the Charity Race on He'llberemembered

Exhausted now I've been on the go non stop since 5 AM but I'll hardly be able to sleep being more excited about her future than ever... onwards and upwards

Last edited by Strewelpeter; 03-05-14, 23:47.

Had a look at the chester cup which is off tomorrow at 2.45,its a class 2 handicap ran over 2m2 & 147 yards,tricky enough to find the winner given the distance,race tactics & the 17 runner field.Anyways came up with a short list of 4

WATERCLOCK
                                                                                                                          Was 2nd in the cesarewitch in newmarket lto,but drawn in stall 19 and will carry 9-2 not the best,but worth a look in the place market at least

COMMUNICATOR
                                                                                                                          Was 2nd behind josses hill in newbury last year on his only run over the sticks,should be fine with the distance & has Oisin Murphy (3ex) on board(had his first ride on him lto),track record reads 1-2-3-4,seems to run best when held up tho.

MUBARAZA
                                                                                                                          Has good form in decent races,but again seems to run best when held up,could need the gaps to appear at the right time & odds of 5/1 looks a little skinny tbh.

BODY LANGUAGE

Has ran well in class 1 and class 2,and has de sousa booked for the 4th time,including an all the way win over 2 miles,all be it in a class 4 hcp a few years back at ripon but has ran well when raced prominently over 2 miles a few times before,drawn 6 which should suit those tactics,could be a little value at the odds (around 14/1)

Also worth looking at,trainers with double entries have filled 1st and 2nd over the last few years,richard fahey who was a great record in this in the past,david simcock,ed dunlop tick this particular box this year.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by amberleaf; 06-05-14, 11:33.