Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    What was the mistake?
    Falling. I don't think it was planned.
    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Horse jinked and wasn't a thing Baker could do. It was in no way a mistake.
      Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
        Are you implying that the jock was at fault?

I think you have it wrong if you are.
        Nah was posting it more out of trying to learn to be honest, first reaction was obviously blaming the jockey as I had money on it but then seeing the head-on you can see the horse was really dragging to the rails.

Was just posting up to actually find out if the jockey could have tried to stay on longer and let him go towards the rails while trying to straighten him up at the same time, or if he was right to try his absolute utmost to keep him in line

Personally think he still would have won if he went all the way out to the rails unless it would have meant the horse would literally go straight through the fence

Also lol@jinxes

Edit: rails = standside ldo, innit bruv
        Last edited by mdoug; 12-09-14, 18:09.
        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I think he was unlucky not to hang on just goes to show the incredible balance needed at times.

Comment

I have probably wangled a pass for tomorrow. Kindly supply all 8 winnahs at Leops please peeps. Winning Lotto numbers also appreciated.
            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Probably the best weekend of flat racing of the year in Ireland but am more excited about a group 2 in Longchamp tomorrow
              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                I have probably wangled a pass for tomorrow. Kindly supply all 8 winnahs at Leops please peeps. Winning Lotto numbers also appreciated.
                Getting ready there to go myself... My choices...so the ones to avoid are

R1.BOCCA BACIATA ...will have a look at the o Brien's in the ring though
                R2.TOMBELAINE w/o fav
                R3.TOE THE LINE
                R4.FREE EAGLE ...empty the clip
                R5.RIZEENA
                R6.GORDON LORD BYRON....can't persist with Darwin any more...head issues
                R7.AL KAZEEM w/o fav
                R8.BURN THE BOATS &SRETAW ...could make a case more more than half of them. Willing to take on Murtaghs & Welds as too short now

GL down there RD
                Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
                  Getting ready there to go myself... My choices...so the ones to avoid are

R1.BOCCA BACIATA ...will have a look at the o Brien's in the ring though
                  R2.TOMBELAINE w/o fav
                  R3.TOE THE LINE
                  R4.FREE EAGLE ...empty the clip
                  R5.RIZEENA
                  R6.GORDON LORD BYRON....can't persist with Darwin any more...head issues
                  R7.AL KAZEEM w/o fav
                  R8.BURN THE BOATS &SRETAW ...could make a case more more than half of them. Willing to take on Murtaghs & Welds as too short now

GL down there RD
                  Fiesolana and Winter Lion the main fancies for me.

Mustajeeb too. Can't be having GLB at all today.

Bertie le Belge without JFK.

Can't have Free Eagle either. Chance to Dance small stakes.

And see Australia zoom in obv.

I'll be the guy begging outside the entrance afterwards.

gl, gl. Hope they get a crowd.

Comment

Think Leop is really tricky betting card, couldn't have GLB on my mind either over the trip, but don't exactly like any of the alternatives either, Parish Hall probably the value.

All over Kingston hill for the ledger though.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Needless to say bit drunk here...free eagle...What a performance...not just cos I lumped on either...talk of headin to the dogs now's...Will probably do the loot..anyone point me in the right direction in regards to the bow wows...clueless @mdoug

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                          Bet on Al Kazeem w/o fav - only realised after betting it that it is the same price - 2/1 - for Al Kazeem to place in first two places. (a) that's weird pricing. (b) fck.
                          Standard

Comment

Lol Australia, "our best ever".
                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                              George was the goat imo

Comment

Much muttering from the hoi polloi of 'switch the jockeys and you get a different result'.

Decent day out and a decent crowd. Good lumpage on Fiesolina which I roared home in the Owners & Trainers. Not the done thing apparently.
                                Decent collection on Chance to Dance @ 16s and also switched loyalties to Bow Street at 15\2, givenMustajeeb's shortness. A win for the Little Man!

Do wonder if the Champions Day concept can be considered a success. Seemed like a social crowd in the main and the bookies seemed to be mainly handling small enough wagers. Great tipping Mr Mustard.

Comment

What looked like potentially a vintage Arc earlier in the summer it's gradually fallen apart over the last few months. Would still give Taghrooda a massive chance with the weight allowances but hoping the 3 digit betfair price I've taken about Ruler of the world might shorten significantly after today. His fitness has to be a doubt after layoff but has a shout imo if Aidan can peak him next month.
                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Been told to back shanpallas in the Kerry national already 8s from 14/1

Comment

QUE SERA SERA in listowel tomorrow. Whatever happens to a good portion of my weeks wages will be....

Comment

^^^ lots of rain forecast down there tomorrow, certainly won't suit the two at the head of the market for the 16:10. Might be some decent ew value in it.

Comment

son of africa 2.05 both at ayr

squats 3.45 easy double this be my nap for the meeting

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                            ^^^ lots of rain forecast down there tomorrow, certainly won't suit the two at the head of the market for the 16:10. Might be some decent ew value in it.
                                            Loads of heavy showers in the area but no more than a bit of drizzle at the track so far.
                                            Was hoping that Jennies Jewel would be able to get a run on the flat under her belt there tomorrow but unless there is a couple of really heavy showers overnight I don't see it happening.
                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                              son of africa 2.05 both at ayr

squats 3.45 easy double this be my nap for the meeting
                                              Looks like the draw is/was against both!?

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambles View Post
                                                Looks like the draw is/was against both!?
                                                Money piling on high draws in the 3:10

oooh and
                                                SPOILER
                                                Hugh Taylor is a legend

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                                  Should have listened...

Comment

7 places paid in the 3:50 in newmarket tomorrow on willhill if there are >29 runners... sure it'd be rude not to!!!
                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

HEading to Gowran with Jennies Jewel tomorrow. Baack for the same race as last year where she was fav on the day but got chinned by Calin Anamh.

Tomorrow there are a couple of live contenders in Colin Bowes Little King Robin and the progressive Clara McCloud. Noel Meade runs an interesting type in Down Ace that returns from England having gone off the boil after a very successful spring.
                                                      If the promised rain does not materialise then it will be very much to Little King Robins advantage, there is very little between her and Jennies on a couple of form lines but especially if the rain comes I'm going to find it hard to resist wading in at 6/4 and more.

Sick with nerves now, its a much more relaxed prospect to be heading to the races a 6/1 shot for a place in a 6 runner field than as a fav that is expected to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                        HEading to Gowran with Jennies Jewel tomorrow. Baack for the same race as last year where she was fav on the day but got chinned by Calin Anamh.

Tomorrow there are a couple of live contenders in Colin Bowes Little King Robin and the progressive Clara McCloud. Noel Meade runs an interesting type in Down Ace that returns from England having gone off the boil after a very successful spring.
                                                        If the promised rain does not materialise then it will be very much to Little King Robins advantage, there is very little between her and Jennies on a couple of form lines but especially if the rain comes I'm going to find it hard to resist wading in at 6/4 and more.

Sick with nerves now, its a much more relaxed prospect to be heading to the races a 6/1 shot for a place in a 6 runner field than as a fav that is expected to win.
                                                        The rain is coming. Are you having a pop still at 11/10
                                                        His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Originally posted by elbows View Post
                                                          The rain is coming. Are you having a pop still at 11/10

Very disappointing day. I'd seen two ways it could play out badly and both happened Bowes got to far away and she was left chasing it for so long that she was set up to be passed by Elliots at the last.
                                                          I think the the rain probably did no more than take the sting out of the ground, which should be fine for Jennies but wasn't enough to slow down Bowes mare.

The way she finished is slightly worrying I'd have expected her to be spot on after Listowel but she gave every sign that she really needed that run. She'll need to come on 10 Lbs if she takes on the two in front and a few other top mares in the Graabel in two weeks time. Ah well she'll be a decent price for it

Comment

Baily Green is the one. 4-45 Gowran

edit: Baily Green is a ponce.
                                                            Last edited by rounders123; 04-10-14, 16:23.

Comment

Been chipping away at Ruler Of The World antipost all summer, would be sensible to lay out of it now but gonna hold out for the one time. Rare for Aiden to aim one for this race (perhaps injuries dictated his campaign) but he's fresh , has a favourable draw and has a pilot on board that rides the track well, and luckily imo it's prob the weakest Arc in many a year so holding out plenty of hope.
                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

If it was the height of summer I'd be all over Sole Power here at 5 furlongs on good ground but he's never been as good in Autumn and has been on the go since March, would be some training performance if Eddie has him in top condition today. Much prefer ew 12's about Stepper Point, has taken his form to a new level recently and don't think he'll need to improve greatly on that to feature in the shake up here.
                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Been chipping away at Ruler Of The World antipost all summer, would be sensible to lay out of it now but gonna hold out for the one time. Rare for Aiden to aim one for this race (perhaps injuries dictated his campaign) but he's fresh , has a favourable draw and has a pilot on board that rides the track well, and luckily imo it's prob the weakest Arc in many a year so holding out plenty of hope.
                                                                  Blindly followed here. Gl us
                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Tapestry for me @ 16/1 4places.
                                                                    Was between ROW and tapestry for me at the prices.

Comment

Got Taghrooda at 7/1 earlier. Also small EW bets on Tapestry and ROW.

Comment

Fiesolana backed at twelves. Loyalty bonus plz.

Comment

Have backed Maontri for the 7.45 in Dundalk tomorrow. Got the box draw to lead all the way and repeat the last two week's performances. Get in.
                                                                          She is back out tonight after a long break. For a 7 y/o mare to go from a mark of 58 to 98 in a few weeks was remarkable and I'll stick with her this evening, hopefully 7/4 or better.

Comment

She is back out tonight after a long break. For a 7 y/o mare to go from a mark of 58 to 98 in a few weeks was remarkable and I'll stick with her this evening, hopefully 7/4 or better.
                                                                            I think we should start posting pieces of your old blog for IPBers who never had a chance. A Roy Keane type serialisation

Comment

5.40 arriana

7.40 maontri

8.10 havelock elis

3 winners for tonight in dundalk

Comment

We have two runners in Fairyhouse today. Sheamus is quirky but has plenty of ability, we are hoping to find out how good he is in good novice hurdles later in the season and will be very disappointed if he doesn't beat that field.

We have a full sister to Voler la Vedette running in the opener, Side Saddle. A nice mare for the future but not for today.

Comment

Ugh thought I was on the winner in the 1st there...What happened, horse jumped a shadow into the rail?

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                    We have two runners in Fairyhouse today. Sheamus is quirky but has plenty of ability, we are hoping to find out how good he is in good novice hurdles later in the season and will be very disappointed if he doesn't beat that field.

We have a full sister to Voler la Vedette running in the opener, Side Saddle. A nice mare for the future but not for today.
                                                                                    Very nice win congrats

Comment

Strath burn tomorrow in the 2.25 @ Newmarket. 4's at the mo...took a bit of that, clear form pick...didn't turn up lto but was wrong distance for him anyway.

Comment

My champions day picks-

R1: Forgotten Rules 16/5. Weld never sends these abroad without a top chance, particularly impressive strike rate over the longer distances like this. Surprised Leading Light is even racing on this ground, has to be a take on fav here imo.

R2: Gordon Lord Byron ew 6/1. Trip and conditions ideal, has been the crossbar king of late, here's hoping he manages to get his head in front today.

R3: Small ew on Pollyanna 22/1. A bit teneous given her form this season but she relished these sort of conditions last year and its the biggest factor for any horse at Ascot today.

R4: Night of Thunder 7/2.

R5: Noble Mission 8/1. Would love to see Cirrus Des Ageless do it but at the prices I'd have to opt for the Cecil horse making all up front.

R6: Fort Bastion ew 28/1. O'Mearaments
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Gwan the Sit

Comment

Two for two - freerolling the rest of the day now Let's keep her lit!

Comment

Lack of knowledge on my part or whatever but I don't get staying at the back and looking down the inside like that when the earlier sprint had shown that everyone is going to hug the rail

unlucky Sit!

Comment

Lovely
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Great shout on Noble mission (glb too obv)

Can't leave out a little bet on fort bastion can we - 10 ew
                                                                                                  Last edited by Ed; 18-10-14, 15:18.

Comment

Barry Connell after getting rid of Danny Mullins apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Finkel View Post
                                                                                                      Barry Connell after getting rid of Danny Mullins apparently

Good luck to Heskin, good jockey.

Comment

I made a note of Sheilas Wish a couple weeks ago after she last ran when i backed it that day. Runs again in the 5pm Navan today at 25/1. Actually ran a promising race in my eyes last time despite coming last(eased up when beat) but she did travel well before getting cut up against the rail turning in and lost position. Cheekpieces on for the first time now and has Donnacha O’Brien on who seems a handy 7lb claimer in form. So with conditions looking good and this longer trip likely to suit better i fancy her chances to go well today and have backed her each way but will win sooner than later. Each way 4 places are paid.

tldr: Sheilas Wish 25/1 5pm Navan if you want to have a throw away bet

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                          I made a note of Sheilas Wish a couple weeks ago after she last ran when i backed it that day. Runs again in the 5pm Navan today at 25/1. Actually ran a promising race in my eyes last time despite coming last(eased up when beat) but she did travel well before getting cut up against the rail turning in and lost position. Cheekpieces on for the first time now and has Donnacha O’Brien on who seems a handy 7lb claimer in form. So with conditions looking good and this longer trip likely to suit better i fancy her chances to go well today and have backed her each way but will win sooner than later. Each way 4 places are paid.

tldr: Sheilas Wish 25/1 5pm Navan if you want to have a throw away bet
                                                                                                          Jumped on this, hopefully the ground as you mention will throw off a few.

Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                                                                                            Jumped on this, hopefully the ground as you mention will throw off a few.

Good luck
                                                                                                            ugh, came cruising on the outside looked a winner at one stage, got into a 4 horse breakaway then found nothing and faded like he just decided to sit out.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                              ugh, came cruising on the outside looked a winner at one stage, got into a 4 horse breakaway then found nothing and faded like he just decided to sit out.
                                                                                                              Il put in the horse tracker on rp and will see what race he goes in next

Comment

Thoughts please on Barry Connell's latest retained jock?

Comment

I know Liz Doyle thinks he's the bees knees...Good enough for me anyway. He's probably the best Irish jockey left out there who isn't tied to a "big" trainer/ owner. Hourigan I'm sure has had a huge part in his development in schooling and ffinding appropriate races etc which would be a huge benefit...more experienced than Danny...one particular ride in Punchestown festival wwa outstanding... One of the big races when he led pillar to post and held off a late challenge headed...too lazy & drunk to check...

Summary: Pat has too much drink but thinks Heskin is a good fit

Comment

Like the look of Best Example(4/1) in the Nursery opener at Doncaster. Reckon his maiden form last time out is the most eye-catching handily beating a highly thought of Mark Johnson horse with a Derby entry. Very small sample but the claimer on board today has won three out of four of his rides for Godolphin, obv won't keep up anything like that win rate but positive that they're giving him those sort of chances.
                                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Has the talent, he badly needed something like this to kick on with his career though.

Interesting to see his pal Norman Lee is headed for the High Court after his outburst about Danny Mullins.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnugget View Post
                                                                                                                        Has the talent, he badly needed something like this to kick on with his career though.

Interesting to see his pal Norman Lee is headed for the High Court after his outburst about Danny Mullins.
                                                                                                                        Details please.

Comment

Details please.
                                                                                                                          Lee wasn't happy with the ride given to one of his in Fairyhouse, he basically hung Mullins out to dry in the stewards enquiry stating that the horse wasn't ridden to obtain the best possible placing. Rumours of an altercation between the two afterwards. Mullins has initiated defamation proceedings in any event.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X