Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Multitask , hawkeyethenoo, and two in the pink the ew patent for me at lingers

Comment

Couple at Ling myself:

13:45 - Nocturn 12/1

15:30 - Chookie Royale 9/1

EW singles+ double.
      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
        Couple at Ling myself:

EW singles+ double.
        You can put a line through chookies run there sitch.

Comment

Sprinter Sacre gone for a walk in the CC market on betfair

Comment

Why are Bet365 4/5 on Annie Power in the Mares Hurdle when she is a general 6/1 shot

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
              Why are Bet365 4/5 on Annie Power in the Mares Hurdle when she is a general 6/1 shot
              Assume they are non runner no bet now

Comment

Simon Crisford quits Godolphin

Comment

Originally posted by Walter Mitty View Post
                  Simon Crisford quits Godolphin

As racing manager, but starts his new roll as Sheikh Mohammeds "global racing adviser".

Comment

Racing Post ‏@RacingPost 4m
                    BREAKING NEWS: Cue Card will miss the Cheltenham Festival, trainer Colin Tizzard has revealed to the Racing Post.

Tizzard said: "He has not been quite right behind for a week and the decision has been made this morning that he will not run at Cheltenham"

Comment

See that Simenon could be running at Meydan at the weekend with ryan moore jocked up,1m6f looks a little sharp for him or is it?

Get today's racecards for horse racing in Ireland, the UK and overseas featuring in-depth data, form, betting odds, tips and expert analysis.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Crystallised 1550 kemp might be worth an ew punt. Trav well and given a fairly easy time when returning from a 4 month break lto. Drifted out to 20's this morning before coming back into around 12/1 , which would be a positive for a dean ivory horse.

Needs to improve so a small ew interest.

Comment

Nicky Henderson stable tour, part 1/2

Watch more horse racing and sport videos on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/racingpo...Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2l9...

Watch more horse racing and sport videos on our YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/racingpo...Subscribe to our YouTube channel: https://bit.ly/2l9...

Alan King, Harry Fry, Charlie Longsdon and Martin Keighley run through their Festival squads with Mike Vince

Comment

Looks like I'm not getting paid out on Tullow Tank - anything I can say to convince them? It's a small indo bookie, I'm probably the only person on the horse with them.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                              Looks like I'm not getting paid out on Tullow Tank - anything I can say to convince them? It's a small indo bookie, I'm probably the only person on the horse with them.
                              bet with only certs in your mind when you go there, never anything else

Comment

Originally posted by poprock View Post
                                bet with only certs in your mind when you go there, never anything else
                                Ask Barry for it :-)

Comment

I have a few each way double AP bets on TTT for the Supreme and Faugheen for the Neptune. Are these now e/w singles on Faugheen provided he runs in the Neptune?

Comment

Maontri goes again at Dundalk this evening and is well in under the conditions. 4/5 availed of.
                                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                      Maontri goes again at Dundalk this evening and is well in under the conditions. 4/5 availed of.
                                      Oi oi. I tipped an odds-on winner.

Comment

Have been keeping an eye on Liberty jack for a while now and think he could go in at kemp tonight. Last two rides have been what I would call interesting and he has dropped to a winning mark. Around 6/1 so might get some expenses for you lovers of the hedge hoppers for some big meeting that is supposed to be happening next week!

Only 44 days to the AW finals day!

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                          Have been keeping an eye on Liberty jack for a while now and think he could go in at kemp tonight. Last two rides have been what I would call interesting and he has dropped to a winning mark. Around 6/1 so might get some expenses for you lovers of the hedge hoppers for some big meeting that is supposed to be happening next week!

Only 44 days to the AW finals day!
                                          Above was nrnb . I presume anyone who backed it knows. I just felt a bit left out not being able to use that abbreviation on a post!

China excels at Southwell the ew squeeze for me today.

Comment

Couple at Ling myself:

EW singles+ double.
                                            You can put a line through chookies run there sitch.

Runs today in a cracking listed race that opens the wolly card.
                                            A couple of horses returning from Meydan and a few that look like they have had this race as a plan for a while. hasopop is my idea of the most likely winner. He was returning from a break when stable second string lto .held up in rear was forced wide off the last bend and only got going once grey mirage had kicked for home. His sectionals for the last 4f were very fast.
                                            I had him down for a max next time in hcap.

I was initially dissapointed to see dr red eye line up in this race. He was returning from a 5 month break over 7f at lingfield last time and actually clocked a faster time for the 1st 6f of the race than any other horse in a 6f race has run ( bar one ) since turf tax started sectionals on 22 feb.

He is rated 20lb inferior to most of these so I couldn't work out why Scott Dixon was running him. A gelding so it's not for black type. If he does anything but finish tailed off his mark will be slaughtered . He has 1 run over c & d which he won and really progressed towards the mid-end of last season.

On the basis that he may progress further this year , I think he has a squeak at 50/1. He has a bad draw but as the only likely front runner he should get the lead early and may just be able to stack them up before using his pace to kick for home and hopefully hang on for at least a place. ( with hasopop winning)!
                                            Last edited by horatio1; 08-03-14, 10:56.

Comment

Runs today in a cracking listed race that opens the wolly card.
                                              A couple of horses returning from Meydan and a few that look like they have had this race as a plan for a while. hasopop is my idea of the most likely winner. He was returning from a break when stable second string lto .held up in rear was forced wide off the last bend and only got going once grey mirage had kicked for home. His sectionals for the last 4f were very fast.
                                              I had him down for a max next time in hcap.

I was initially dissapointed to see dr red eye line up in this race. He was returning from a 5 month break over 7f at lingfield last time and actually clocked a faster time for the 1st 6f of the race than any other horse in a 6f race has run ( bar one ) since turf tax started sectionals on 22 feb.

He is rated 20lb inferior to most of these so I couldn't work out why Scott Dixon was running him. A gelding so it's not for black type. If he does anything but finish tailed off his mark will be slaughtered . He has 1 run over c & d which he won and really progressed towards the mid-end of last season.

On the basis that he may progress further this year , I think he has a squeak at 50/1. He has a bad draw but as the only likely front runner he should get the lead early and may just be able to stack them up before using his pace to kick for home and hopefully hang on for at least a place. ( with hasopop winning)!
                                              I see hugh Taylor has gone for chookie, a few positive tweets on Scott Dixons twitter regarding doctor red eye . 66/1 with laddies

Comment

Obviously the big race of the day is the class 7 5f hcap at 6:15 wolly!

Strongly fancy Outbid for this. Drawn widest last time he took a very scenic route early before being bumped and pushed further wide at second bend. Actually ran the last 2f in the same time as the winner who got a considerably more vigorous ride up the straight.

Backed it last night @ 9/2 and was a bit worried to see it drift but has been backed into that price again.

Comment

Superb Horatio!!

Comment

Thanks Horatio!

Comment

Obviously the big race of the day is the class 7 5f hcap at 6:15 wolly!

Strongly fancy Outbid for this. Drawn widest last time he took a very scenic route early before being bumped and pushed further wide at second bend. Actually ran the last 2f in the same time as the winner who got a considerably more vigorous ride up the straight.

Backed it last night @ 9/2 and was a bit worried to see it drift but has been backed into that price again.
                                                      Runs again tonight and is 2/1 fav. A lot of negatives for me. Overall win profile, step up in trip, jockey booking, got the run of the race last day. I will be place laying it.

Morris switches to diamond vine who is my idea of the winner .

Comment

I should probably give the jump horses up after the week at Cheltenham but surely The Romford Pele is ludicrously well in today?
                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

I should probably give the jump horses up after the week at Cheltenham but surely The Romford Pele is ludicrously well in today?
                                                          Jesus I hope so. Had him back heavy enough for the Tuesday handicap at the festival and he didn't get in
                                                          Last edited by Wesley Harms; 15-03-14, 14:35.

Comment

Originally posted by scraz View Post
                                                            I think darnathean is worth a speculative ew tomorrow. Won here over a 2 pound higher mark.ran well few outings ago at kempton in a better race.currently 12/1 with Pp but will be surprised if it goes off double figures...defo only a matter of when..imo of course. 2.30lingfield
                                                            They gave Kingscote an easy lead which is pretty detrimental thing to do at Lingfield, and writing was on the wall from a long way out. FWIW I wouldn't rate the horse at all, will prob pick up a weak handicap at some point down the line if his mark continues to plummit. 7 does look his beat trip imo.

Just popped up at wolly having been Hugh Taylor's selection.

Climaxfortackle could go well off his low mark if he can overcome a bad draw. Drifted to a backable price IMO.

Comment

Pearl noir has been showing speed over 6 but not getting home. 5f at Southwell should suit ew @ 8/1 in the first.

Streethowlingmama returns to Southwell having raced over too short last time. Should go close in the last

Comment

Is there any ante-post betting for the irish lincolnshire on sunday?,cant seem to find it anywhere.
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I see the rakebackmypoker crew are going for a Curley style touch.

Comment

I see the rakebackmypoker crew are going for a Curley style touch.
                                                                    Like a 1st year art student trying to paint a Caravaggio.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                      Like a 1st year art student trying to paint a Caravaggio.
                                                                      Serious value in backing against these as have taken a good % of market

Comment

Serious value in backing against these as have taken a good % of market
                                                                        They have a decent record when cash is down and always seems to happen when I have backed one against them!

Comment

They have a decent record when cash is down and always seems to happen when I have backed one against them!
                                                                          I had to throw them in a small accum this morning just to cover it

Comment

I had to throw them in a small accum this morning just to cover it
                                                                            Brown Pete odds on to win the 14 runner hcap at kemp! Madness. The former owner of the horses must be sick that this all happening while he is banned from being involved!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                              his ban has ended. rakebackmypoker.com = Stephen Arnold
                                                                              Thanks gab, thought the horses were still leased when not running under previous name.

Comment

Pretty bad fall for matin Harley earlier hope it's not as bad as the reports are suggesting, good young jockey .

Only if you don't fancy anything else in the race but have to have a bet. Admirals walk could go well at 33/1 in the last at kemp. He is a rogue but has ability as shown when putting in the fastest sectional for the last 3f lto over 7f. Step up in trip , good draw and George baker are positives but a bit of a punt.

Comment

Plunge horse Brown Pete now a non runner, no suitable jockey available is the apparent reason!
                                                                                  Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                    no but as soon as you see any will you let me know as I am waiting to unleash some fury.
                                                                                    Just pp so far

Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Spent a while studying the Lincolnshire and Einsteins Folly comes out strongest imo. Think the draw is the biggest factor in the race and he's definitely got lucky coming from 20. 4 year olds trend strongly as well as horses carrying weights between 8-9 to 9.0, he ticks both boxes. Has winning form on heavy ground which will play to his advantage given the likely ground conditions at the Curragh. Looks to be handicapped potentially kindly too.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Great card at lingfield for aw fans.

Can't see beyond ladies are forever but unfortunately Hugh Taylor has tipped it up so all the 4/1 is long gone.

Grandeur is drifting to very backable price now. Generally a 5/4 shot before the draw was made, he may go off 2/1 having got a wide draw. It will be difficult to overcome but he is so far clear on the ratings and with Ryan Moore booked I couldn't let him go at that price. It could be a rough race and tinshu might snatch a place at huge odds with the race likely to be ran to suit.

Been following stasio over a cliff since his seasonal debut and though he has improved with every run he is developing a profile of a horse that might always finds one too good. That said he looks good ew value at 11/2.

All roads lead to finals day on Good Friday after today!

Comment

What a racecourse Gowran park is. Went for the first time today and was the greatest racecourse experience ive had. It has more to facilitate the punter than any course ive been to before. First thing first they have RUK in a lot of places incl bar and restaurant area and not just ATR which is more than i can say for Leopardstown and the Curragh. As a racecourse you shouldnt have to be congratulated for having RUK about the place youd think it would be standard but its so sparse on other racecourses it seems a novelty here. Even in the betting ring they have 3 tv's under a canopy one showing ATR one RUK an the other Gowran live feed. Where else would you get that.

All staff in all areas naturally courteous which again hits you as quite striking. In the bar they have Pilsner Urquell and Peroni on tap and not just Heineken and Carlsberg like Leopardstown and the Curragh. About to hit the carvery for food when out comes a basket of complimentary half burgers, cocktail sausages, goujons, and chips for every table!. Blackcurrant and water ordered and was free of charge. The jacks are clean and have paper hand towel, blue paper hand towel lads.

Your able to stand adjacent to the final fence within feet of it, quite unbelievable. I dont know who runs or manages the place but they know what the punters want and put it on, definite racing fans i bet.
                                                                                          And it seems like most of the rails bookies have firmly established the strategy of skulking at the back of the satchel while putting the eye candy to the forefront as the rails bookies was more like a catwalk today, again cant complain!.
                                                                                          I think i might just have a new favourite track.

Comment

A rush of cash for Stuccodor whos gone to 5s from 10s this morning,seems we'll have another weld trained fav,he's 1 win and 1 place from 12 runners over the part ten years,looks to have a good chance this year but have to pass at those odds.Ended up taking 2 v the field,gone with Regulation @ 14/1,who is race fit from meydan and has some good form at the curragh(all be it on good ground)but did win his maiden on soft there.The other is Cheval Rouge @ 25/1,second in this last year,distance and going will be fine,could be a touch of a crooked throw about him,cant go too far wrong at those odds.
                                                                                            Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                              What a racecourse Gowran park is. Went for the first time today and was the greatest racecourse experience ive had. It has more to facilitate the punter than any course ive been to before. First thing first they have RUK in a lot of places incl bar and restaurant area and not just ATR which is more than i can say for Leopardstown and the Curragh. As a racecourse you shouldnt have to be congratulated for having RUK about the place youd think it would be standard but its so sparse on other racecourses it seems a novelty here. Even in the betting ring they have 3 tv's under a canopy one showing ATR one RUK an the other Gowran live feed. Where else would you get that.

All staff in all areas naturally courteous which again hits you as quite striking. In the bar they have Pilsner Urquell and Peroni on tap and not just Heineken and Carlsberg like Leopardstown and the Curragh. About to hit the carvery for food when out comes a basket of complimentary half burgers, cocktail sausages, goujons, and chips for every table!. Blackcurrant and water ordered and was free of charge. The jacks are clean and have paper hand towel, blue paper hand towel lads.

Your able to stand adjacent to the final fence within feet of it, quite unbelievable. I dont know who runs or manages the place but they know what the punters want and put it on, definite racing fans i bet.
                                                                                              And it seems like most of the rails bookies have firmly established the strategy of skulking at the back of the satchel while putting the eye candy to the forefront as the rails bookies was more like a catwalk today, again cant complain!.
                                                                                              I think i might just have a new favourite track.
                                                                                              It's years since I've been in gowran but even back then it was a fantastic . I think fishing joella won the bumper trained by peadar Matthews and ridden by foxy connoly if my memory serves me well . I was lucky enough to win a trip to Autueil a few years back and it reminded me of Gowran with the laurel hedges etc.

Even back them the staff and general atmosphere were excellent particularly the trainers and jocks under the big tree in the parade ring . I'm glad you enjoyed it rounders and you have whetted my appetite for a return. Wish they had a big flat they there like they do with the Thyestes.

Comment

Another one I like at the Curragh today is Euphrasia at 10/1 in the group 3 race. Seems to regularly run better than her price would suggest, bagging some decent pots at listed and G3 level. Conditions play right into her hands as she can't have it soft enough. Hoping she tries to make all as she's been by far at her most successful when front running. Has winning course form and has gone well fresh. Distance the only concern, a mile two looks her ideal trip, but should seem like further than a mile on the ground today.
                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

Einstein's folly still look the value here?
                                                                                                  From my reading he's underpriced.
                                                                                                  People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                  Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                  https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

pop art my bet of the day in the 15.40 fillies stakes today

Comment

Day 1 at head quarters, usual script is:

Maiden each for o brien and Bolger

Tommy stack has a field day. Really hope he has a winner or two in light of recent family troubles.

Outsider wins the Lincoln.

Drying conditions this morning but a few showers on the horizon.

Comment

@ gab,any idea when the podcast will be up?
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Why is ruler of the world so short for the dubai world cup at the weekend,seems to have a lot going against him.
                                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Of to Cork today where jennies jewel takes on a quality field in a race where she is not particularly favoured by the conditions. She is breaking the door down at home looking to run so it's either go here or decide to turn her out for the summer.
                                                                                                            The market puts her in at 17 and upsie who she has finished in front of twice at 5.5.... I'd be seriously tempted by a match bet at that differential despite Upsie having a few pounds pull at the weights.

One way or another we will learn a good bit today.
                                                                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                              Of to Cork today where jennies jewel takes on a quality field in a race where she is not particularly favoured by the conditions. She is breaking the door down at home looking to run so it's either go here or decide to turn her out for the summer.
                                                                                                              The market puts her in at 17 and upsie who she has finished in front of twice at 5.5.... I'd be seriously tempted by a match bet at that differential despite Upsie having a few pounds pull at the weights.

One way or another we will learn a good bit today.
                                                                                                              thought her jumping was much improved today sp

she ran a cracker considering the Chelts exertions. Like you said the match bet with Upsie was the place to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                thought her jumping was much improved today sp

she ran a cracker considering the Chelts exertions. Like you said the match bet with Upsie was the place to be.
                                                                                                                Yea very pleased with that, she ran to her mark on ground that suited her and while she just doesn't have that gear the likes of the winner had she puts her heart into it and runs all the way to the line.

Not such a good day for the bookie who put her up at 2/1 without the two and that all went back on the Final furlong podcast bumper nap
                                                                                                                Last edited by Strewelpeter; 27-03-14, 22:33.
                                                                                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Meydan today.

Giovanni Baldini 5/2

Ahtoug (14/1) and Medician Man(18/1) both ew in the sprint.

Vercingetorix in the duty free, think the 8's is huge about him.
                                                                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Mullins likely to send Annie Power or Hurricane Fly to Aintree Hurdle?

Comment

Good card at kemp today including the last fast track qualifier for the stayers final. Paul Nichols runs Ranjaan who was behind a few of today's rivals lto. He had a terrible passage that day and has drifted to a decent ew price.

Richard Hughes was booked to ride before being injured but George baker is a decent replacement .

Cathedral and crystallised also decent chances on the card.

I see the threads most prominent owner has a runner, any chance of an upset GAB?

Comment

Good card at kemp today including the last fast track qualifier for the stayers final. Paul Nichols runs Ranjaan who was behind a few of today's rivals lto. He had a terrible passage that day and has drifted to a decent ew price.

Richard Hughes was booked to ride before being injured but George baker is a decent replacement .

Cathedral and crystallised also decent chances on the card.

i see the threads most prominent owner has a runner, any chance of an upset GAB?
                                                                                                                        ??

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                                                          ??
                                                                                                                          Assume he means New Leyf

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X