Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
    Il Fenonomo has been put in at 25/1 by ladbrokes for the handicap hurdle in Punchestown - that is a phenomenal price about him.
    Fucking genius!
    Even a stopped clock is right twice a day.

Comment

Get in ya good thing. Thanks GAB.
      'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Il Fenonomo has been put in at 25/1 by ladbrokes for the handicap hurdle in Punchestown - that is a phenomenal price about him.
        Legend 25/1

Comment

fml, having a winning day, but no matter how good it goes I'm going to be kicking myself for not getting around to backing Il Fenonomo

Comment

Dedigout in the next please.
            Profit before people.

Comment

Once again, huge thanks to GAB. My two biggest ever sports betting wins courtesy of you.

Comment

I've been excited waking up on spring Punchestown mornings for since I was a small kid but never like this.

Jennies Jewel goes in the Grade 1 3 Mile novices today. There were other possibilities for this week but this makes sense on so many levels, not least that she is going to win it

Obviously there are four that are rated well above her and two others that will be looking to do their best but I can see how each of them have holes in their form and or weaknesses that could be exposed today. whether or not all of them play their part remains to be seen .

I don't think there is going to be any great value in the markets (like the 18/1 two places ew without Annie Power at fairyhouse).

We'll all be very happy if she runs to her best form and comes home safely.
                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Habesh is avaiable at 33/1 in the 4.20 tomorrow - he will love Punch and in a race that lacks depth I'd have him c.8/1 to 10/1. Definitely wortha small each way poke.

Also think Haziraban is a bet at 16/1 in the first race.

Backed both so they more than likely will lose !
                  Her sky-ness
                  © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                    I've been excited waking up on spring Punchestown mornings for since I was a small kid but never like this.

Jennies Jewel goes in the Grade 1 3 Mile novices today. There were other possibilities for this week but this makes sense on so many levels, not least that she is going to win it

Obviously there are four that are rated well above her and two others that will be looking to do their best but I can see how each of them have holes in their form and or weaknesses that could be exposed today. whether or not all of them play their part remains to be seen .

I don't think there is going to be any great value in the markets (like the 18/1 two places ew without Annie Power at fairyhouse).

We'll all be very happy if she runs to her best form and comes home safely.
                    Very best of luck SP, enjoy the day.

Comment

weeeee fiver each way trixie with First Lieutenant(9/2) in the gold cup,Outlander(5/1) in the bumper and throwing in the stuart crawford trained Streamtown (7/1) in the 3.30 perth,his horses are running very well in england at the mo.worth just over 2k if they all happen to turn up.as well as a score each way on Hazariban with laddies for the last of the 12/1 thats left.
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

15.40 treatyourself
                        16.20habesh
                        16.55 ballycasey
                        18.40 lastoftheleaders

Comment

Don't bother putting money on jazzyfish or GAB's tips. I have blindly followed so the horse will prob have 3 legs by the end of the race...at least I only put done pittance on it

Also put a couple of €€ ew on SP's horse for the pure banter of it when I saw the price
                          Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

GAB almost strikes again, Hazariban just fails to get up after being hampered turning in, has to be considered a very unlucky loser.

Comment

Really unlucky not to get up. Was in front 10 yards after the line. Backed him e/way to ease the pain but nice sweat anyway.

Comment

Has there ever been a worse rider than Richard Johnson for presenting a horse at an obstacle, for a so called top jockey he is truly awful and has been for years.

Comment

Originally posted by wicklowp View Post
                                  Has there ever been a worse rider than Richard Johnson for presenting a horse at an obstacle, for a so called top jockey he is truly awful and has been for years.
                                  I think that was more horse than jockey tbf

Comment

I'm not so sure I think if you swap pilots you get a different result and I'm not talking through my pocket as I backed neither!

Comment

Lol. Talking through your pocket? You're talking about a jockey who would arguably be 7/8 time champion only he never has been because McCoy is about

EDIT; Obv not through your pocket still dont agree though
                                      Last edited by Aya14; 24-04-13, 15:43.

Comment

Barry Cash, worst of all time for presenting a horse at anything.

Comment

Something at a price has to be taken in the gold cup. Kauto stone get my tentative ew vote.
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                            Something at a price has to be taken in the gold cup. Kauto stone get my tentative ew vote.
                                            Gone for captain chris.

Comment

FL for me.

Comment

Nice run from JJ in a close 4th never looked capable of the win but stayed very well and there will be plenty of big pots to pick up over the trip for her I'd imagine.

Comment

4th for SP's horse. I've one more donkey left
                                                  Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

This is correct.
                                                    Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                    I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                    None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Really like Realt Mor tomorrow. On the related subject of which; Gordon Elliot is some man to train winners at the festivals. Pound for pound, the best man out there for festival coups.
                                                      "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

On my iPad so aye somebody will clip and embed this one

http://photos.racingpost.com/media/L...yG0TJ30D0YeY.a

EDIT:that took way too long
                                                        Last edited by poprock; 24-04-13, 21:12.

Comment

Totally forgot about money back on Gold Cup for.Long Run, feels.like a winning day

Comment

My thoughts straight after the race today was that it was disappointing to run so well and not finish third. But I've just looked at the replay for the first time and I'm inclined to think that if Barry had ridden her to be third he could have been but from the third last to the bend he rides her to try and win and there's nothing at all wrong with that. So very pleased with the run and Barry was full of positive comments afterwards.
                                                            Great day, it was some experience just to be part of it all. Just before she left the pre parade ring Gimmeabreak was being interviewed on the TV and he was talking up her chances and the lads were very impressed at the interview.

Comment

Wet tonight in naas so testing conditions tomorrow

1. Mad Brian looks big at 10/1
                                                              2. Pass The Hat has an obvious chance in the 2nd but I'd plump for A Fine Young Man at 12/1 - hourigans horses running well this week and I don't expect the price to last.
                                                              3. At the prices I'd plump for Outlaw Pete (7/1) in the x-country
                                                              4. I prefer Quevega
                                                              5. I think Operating is way overpriced in this (12/1) - I can make a case Acapulco and Balynagon Boy also.
                                                              6. Prefer Alderwood and think Oscars Wellis overpriced.
                                                              7. Upsie looked one to keep onside despite not beating much in Naas
                                                              I have a lucky feeling about me today!

Her sky-ness
                                                              © 5starpool

Comment

really like Acapulco(10/1) in the 3 mile handicap today,the story behind this horse is he was brought down in dec 2011 and missed the next year with injury before making a comeback with a few spins finishing well down the field before showing some improvement at naas when finishing 2nd in a 3 mile hcp,won last time in cork on heavy over distance off 116 with geraghty on board and is off 122 today and again has the same jockey booking.he ran in the derby back in 07 finishing well down the field before going on to finish a 3 length 3rd in a group 2 in york so has a little class about him.this is just his 5th run since his comeback reckon there could be a little more to come from him all going well.the going is now heavy so that seems to suit,plenty of dangers lurking with 25 runners,the trainers of both Call Rog (7/1) & Operating (12/1) have said that drying ground helped matters along when winning over the past few months,as well as a few towards the bottom of the card,powers and 365 are paying 5 places in this which to me anyways makes a nice little bet,give him 30 each way @ 10s.hopefully its a good un,good luck all.
                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

mad brian 8-1
                                                                  followmeuptocarlow nap 12-1
                                                                  arivka leigeonnniere 9-2 was shocked to get these prices at ladbrooks powers a lot worse

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                                                                    mad brian 8-1
                                                                    followmeuptocarlow nap 12-1
                                                                    arivka leigeonnniere 9-2 was shocked to get these prices at ladbrooks powers a lot worse
                                                                    Ladbrokes seem to be best prices all week ive noticed.

Comment

Quick Question -

Did a double in PP earlier & 1st came up.

Have just noticed that for the secong I wrote -

"5.30 Mister Riley"

but it should be -

5.20 Matthew Riley.

What will happen here? (there is no 5.30 race anywhere)

Comment

I'm thinking of having a decent bet on quevega any reason why I shouldn't ??

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                          I think Reve de Sivola is the value on the ground. 11/2 with VC money back in a free bet (up to £25) if Quevega beats him.

If you have it narrowed down to a match between Quevega and Solwhit I'd be happier getting the 2/1 Quevega.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                            Quick Question -

"5.30 Mister Riley"

but it should be -

5.20 Matthew Riley.

if you didnt write the meeting, i'd imagine there may be some hassle.
                                                                            Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Quick Question -

"5.30 Mister Riley"

but it should be -

5.20 Matthew Riley.

Head back to the shop or ring them to clarify pre race?

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                Head back to the shop or ring them to clarify pre race?
                                                                                Rang customer support & they said it was down as the right one anyway.

Comment

Quick Question -

"5.30 Mister Riley"

but it should be -

5.20 Matthew Riley.

Show them how you write second and they will understand

Comment

Originally posted by Donk Magnet View Post
                                                                                    Yeah. Solwhit is gonna win
                                                                                    If you're not in, you can't win

Comment

15/2 very big about uncle junior, not many in the field come close to his form in dour staying contests.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by minor View Post
                                                                                        Yeah. Solwhit is gonna win
                                                                                        Solwhit is the worst 6/4 shot running this month.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                          15/2 very big about uncle junior, not many in the field come close to his form in dour staying contests.
                                                                                          I'd rip up the docket pre race if you posted one I had backed in Punchestown.

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                            If hes not over the top he will win on the bridle.
                                                                                            Last edited by Starvin Marvin; 25-04-13, 16:12.
                                                                                            Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                            I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                            None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Caf View Post
                                                                                              I'd rip up the docket pre race if you posted one I had backed in Punchestown.
                                                                                              Ha don't think I've backed a horse that's made it by the third fence yet.
                                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

come on quvega

Comment

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                                                                                  If hes in the same form as Cheltenham and Aintree he is a 2s on shot

Comment

Wow my antepost reve is huge now. One time no fall
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

N/R in my forecast. not sure its its void now, or onto a single.

Comment

Paddy power text commentary is a trolling cunt lol

from bottom up:

1Reve De Sivola
                                                                                                        2Holywell
                                                                                                        3Quevega

Race Ended
                                                                                                        Quevega well clear
                                                                                                        Close to home
                                                                                                        Quevega finishing well
                                                                                                        Zaidpour is improving
                                                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by badugi View Post
                                                                                                          N/R in my forecast. not sure its its void now, or onto a single.
                                                                                                          Depends who you done it with different rules with different bookies
                                                                                                          think Boyles void it not sure with others

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                                            Depends who you done it with different rules with different bookies
                                                                                                            think Boyles void it not sure with others
                                                                                                            thanks, ya thats what i thought, did the tote exacta and im sure that is void.
                                                                                                            But didnt check the other sites rules, if its goes to a single i win.

Comment

Quevega what a mare stupid 40c/€ rule 4

Comment

mate of mine at the races has heard word for dessie hughes somthingwonderfull in the last. 7's from 9's with pp at the mo so still an e/w punt imo

Comment

Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by underachievement View Post
                                                                                                                    mate of mine at the races has heard word for dessie hughes somthingwonderfull in the last. 7's from 9's with pp at the mo so still an e/w punt imo
                                                                                                                    boyles have 9s
                                                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Lots of 1.01 done there

Comment

Had been waiting for a jazzyfish nap all week. FML that was sickening.

Comment

Lively Baron @ 17/2 in the class 3 handicap Chase which goes off at 4.35 in perth worth a look imo,this horse was aimed at the scottish grand national last weekend and ticked a lot of boxes,making the short list for a lot of people,was backed into 16s from 25s before falling at the second fence.this is a step down in class for him and looks well treated off 125 on old form at least.on the negative side side it was the first time the horse has fell in his career,which could have a affect .plenty of dangers as ever including the tony martin trained Victrix Gale (12/1) & Cerium (7/1) but over all for me,think worth a score each way at the odds.good luck all.
                                                                                                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X