Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
    Shortening for fun here, the market agrees with you anyway 11s into 4s
    lol

Comment

right lads when are we setting up the tipping line

fwiw in the Boylesports.com Hurdle on in Leopardstown 3.20,Flying Light who is priced up @ 14/1 is ticking lots of boxes,approached this race in the same way as the welsh national so hopeful of some sort of a result,gave it 20 euro each way myself for interest.good luck
      Last edited by amberleaf; 26-01-13, 00:08.
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

paddy power offering evens about avrika legionaire & sprinter sacre. seems too good to be true. anyone make any argument against either of them?
        Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Pat Mustard View Post
          paddy power offering evens about avrika legionaire & sprinter sacre. seems too good to be true. anyone make any argument against either of them?
          Well they are exactly evens on Betfair combined so it's a fair price but nothing better.

What a day's racing tomorrow, seven or eight cracking races...

Comment

Avrika only rated 5lbs more than Oscar which aint much.Last time out Avrika gained probably 10length just after 3rd fence.He gained it without doing much and then Oscar found it too hard to make that ground up on heavy.Avrika seem to tire a good bit near end of race.

I would imagine tomorrow race Oscar be ridden closer to the pace and put Avrika under pressure from 3 out and see how much Avrika finds under pressure.

I not trying to put you off the double but believe Oscar could easily push him all the way too the line providing he does not give him such a big lead this time.

Comment

Originally posted by corigi View Post
              Avrika only rated 5lbs more than Oscar which aint much.Last time out Avrika gained probably 10length just after 3rd fence.He gained it without doing much and then Oscar found it too hard to make that ground up on heavy.Avrika seem to tire a good bit near end of race.

I would imagine tomorrow race Oscar be ridden closer to the pace and put Avrika under pressure from 3 out and see how much Avrika finds under pressure.

I not trying to put you off the double but believe Oscar could easily push him all the way too the line providing he does not give him such a big lead this time.
              thanks actually trying to pick holes in.it myself. went.onto PP and was going to do this double anyway and would have been happy with 4/6. always cautious when they enhance shots like these

Comment

Going with Organisedconfusion ew at 20's in the big handicap at Leop.

He may be pushing on but Midnight Chase deserves major respect at Cheltenham especially bellow group 1 level, decent ew bet at 12's in the Argento.
                Profit before people.

Comment

14.45 thegreatjohnbrowne ew 30snap
                  Last edited by jazzyfish; 26-01-13, 13:53.

Comment

Wow, conditions look unraceable at Leop imo.
                    Profit before people.

Comment

Bit of a squeak for Broadly Speaking E/W in the last in Leopardstown 11/1 with sportingbet.
                      The sport that unites Catholic, Protestant and dissenter has had its day of days. Pity anybody who can't enjoy it. Some day. Gerry Thornley 23/3/09

Comment

Can't have Grands Crus at this price. Keeping Midnight Chase onside.

Comment

oops should of put texas jack up as well my bad

Comment

Originally posted by jazzyfish View Post
                            oops should of put texas jack up as well my bad
                            We love a bit of aftertiming around here.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

fantastic hold there great race
                              Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                fantastic hold there great race
                                Class race had him in a single and treble with Sprinter Sacre and that Legionaire horse that fell pretty sickening but broke even.so.could be.worse!

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                  Backed Mala Beach @ 9/2 for the first at Leopardstown and was chortling away to myself as Ruby went out the side door on the jolly at the first flight. All the more so as the skanger beside me had backed him and shared his thoughts on RW with me for the first mile of the contest ('fuckin' shite' being one of the more repeatable). Obviously I am heartily chortling inwardly to myself while making appropriately sympathetic noises. My lad travels well throughout and is making his move off the home turn when the loose horse puts him throught the rails. I am busy swallowing my disappointment when said skanger pulls an exuberant fistpump and starts celebrating extravagantly in my face.

tldr; live-trolled by a knacker for no reason whatsoever. FU life.
                                  Muhahahaha, just sluiced up at Leops.

Revenge beeotches. 11/2 as well.
                                  "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Jennies Jewel runs in the Listed Mares race tomorrow at 12:55

Willie Mullins has thrown two of his big guns in against her, Zuska is a class act, probable grade 1 winner in waiting and even if she was only out here for a canter to see how she handles the conditions picking up some low hanging fruit should still be well within her scope. They won't be going for a win at all costs with her but even if she was to hate it and run badly they have Glens Melody who we know loves the conditions and would likely be a 1/2 shot for this contest if she was their only runner.
                                    There are a few contenders that Jennie will have to run to her mark to beat for the remaining place. Tyners is an improving sort and will be better for the extra weeks rest after her good win at Punchestown. Harringtons and Mag Mullins horses will also be competing for the bit of black type and won't be too bothered about what the handicapper thinks of a place finish behind a big prospect.
                                    Ground conditions are also a worry, until Limerick the thinking was that the wetter it was the better it suited her but now it seems there is a limit to that. Leopardstown is a very different prospect and her Dam hacked up here on even worse ground in the race that was today's bumper 17 years ago (Damn! I got a shock when I checked the year there ).
                                    Speaking of which Barry Geraghty rides tomorrow because Ian McCarthy is serving a suspension and he has a nice mention for her on his blog on at the races today (link). What he doesn't mention is that for the occasion of his first leg up at Cheltenham he was taken out on the piss by a couple of hardchaws, ringleader one P Carberry, obv, and turned up on the day sick as a small hospital and a couple of pounds short of being able to use his claim which made getting done for a place by the shortest of short heads all the harder to take. That was 1999, if he rides into a bit of black type tomorrow I promise I'll finally get over it
                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

gl Strewel

Comment

Originally posted by horatio1 View Post
                                        Harvest mist 1635 . Wolv. Still a maiden but put a good show in on return from a 3 month break lto. Has a good 5 lb claimer up and at 7/1 is worth a small stake ew.
                                        Best of luck
                                        ffs ,comes out and wins today at 11/1, didnt stick with him aaaagggggggghhhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                          Jennies Jewel runs in the Listed Mares race tomorrow at 12:55

Willie Mullins has thrown two of his big guns in against her, Zuska is a class act, probable grade 1 winner in waiting and even if she was only out here for a canter to see how she handles the conditions picking up some low hanging fruit should still be well within her scope. They won't be going for a win at all costs with her but even if she was to hate it and run badly they have Glens Melody who we know loves the conditions and would likely be a 1/2 shot for this contest if she was their only runner.
                                          There are a few contenders that Jennie will have to run to her mark to beat for the remaining place. Tyners is an improving sort and will be better for the extra weeks rest after her good win at Punchestown. Harringtons and Mag Mullins horses will also be competing for the bit of black type and won't be too bothered about what the handicapper thinks of a place finish behind a big prospect.
                                          Ground conditions are also a worry, until Limerick the thinking was that the wetter it was the better it suited her but now it seems there is a limit to that. Leopardstown is a very different prospect and her Dam hacked up here on even worse ground in the race that was today's bumper 17 years ago (Damn! I got a shock when I checked the year there ).
                                          Speaking of which Barry Geraghty rides tomorrow because Ian McCarthy is serving a suspension and he has a nice mention for her on his blog on at the races today (link). What he doesn't mention is that for the occasion of his first leg up at Cheltenham he was taken out on the piss by a couple of hardchaws, ringleader one P Carberry, obv, and turned up on the day sick as a small hospital and a couple of pounds short of being able to use his claim which made getting done for a place by the shortest of short heads all the harder to take. That was 1999, if he rides into a bit of black type tomorrow I promise I'll finally get over it
                                          Jenny being well backed anyway. Glens Melody looks a sound ew bet to nothing...
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Tracker time

SOME ARTICLE 12.25 - backed him at Punchestown the day I saw him in the ring. Big undeveloped type and won well that day. Ran well last time out and think he'll have learned a lot and brushed up on his hurdling. @5.1 is a bet to nothing really

PRIMA VISTA 15.35 - Knocking on the door in beginners chases. Mullins has an ex Howard Johnson which my friend has told me is a good thing (tips lol) Enough exprience at this stage and should do the business. 5/2 is good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak

In other news PROJECT TIME............. Competitive Edge was yet again a disgusting non fryer today. I suspect Leopardstown at the end of the month will be the plan. He willyag p when the money comes.
                                              Running today in the last at Leopardstown.
                                              Seems to be tipped up a bit too.

Comment

Originally posted by NoRiverRequired View Post
                                                Well backed already 9s into 9/2 with AP on board.

GL Strewel, would 3rd in a 7 runner race count as black type?

Comment

BJG just mentioned Fishin Joella there now on ATR.

Didn't mention being drunk though
                                                  Last edited by Wesley Harms; 27-01-13, 12:56.

Comment

Great performance, congrats!

Comment

Black type! Great run SP.

Comment

Fuckin Mullins, doesn't get ya with the 2/5 shot he will get you with something else

Comment

Boomtime! Would have never got on Glens if I knew it was going to be a seven runner

Very solid from Jennies too so everyone wins
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

WP Strewel!!

Comment

Congrats SP

Comment

She looks to be improving, she will have to cause I'd say Strewels 'pal' Noel O Brien is gonna punish her for that

Comment

That was awesome. Would type more but too busy turning down offers

Comment

Nice one

Comment

Looks horrific over there. WP & enjoy a few well-earned hot whiskeys!

Comment

never in doubt.
                                                                        What a legend
                                                                        People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                                        Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                                        https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Winner alright, classic JP gamble.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                            Winner alright, classic JP gamble.
                                                                            ya,nice ride from McCoy as well.

Comment

Harvest mist ran poorly having been well supported.
                                                                              Like the look of imaginary world in the 510 at wolves. He hasn't won for a while but has dropped a stone in the ratings as a result. Looked to be coming with a winning run but was twice hampered up the straight last time and ran a lot better than his finishing position suggested.trainer normally on the mark when money is down for one of his small string of horses and while he is no star this looks a terrible race.

ffs ,comes out and wins today at 11/1, didnt stick with him aaaagggggggghhhhhh
                                                                              knew i saw harvest mist some where....as phils wish (and my loots)go down by a neck,phils wish is out again tomorrow,time to buy a bigger shovel and go on a recovery mission

ruby must be getting fair sick of looking at jennies arse at this stage nice one
                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

knew i saw harvest mist some where....as phils wish (and my loots)go down by a neck,phils wish is out again tomorrow,time to buy a bigger shovel and go on a recovery mission

Phils wish getting a few quid , he is entered again tues over 7f Amber do u think he is better over 6 or 7?

I put blue noodles up the other day finished 3rd when short of room at a crucial stage . Both his and Phils wish race are for amateurs so min stakes double for me. Alan baileys horses seem to be finding a bit of form and Turjumaan in the 1450 kemp has a squeak. Has been app risen last twice and might improve for a more vigorous help in the saddle ew at 14/1 for small stakes

Comment

Phils wish getting a few quid , he is entered again tues over 7f Amber do u think he is better over 6 or 7?

I put blue noodles up the other day finished 3rd when short of room at a crucial stage . Both his and Phils wish race are for amateurs so min stakes double for me. Alan baileys horses seem to be finding a bit of form and Turjumaan in the 1450 kemp has a squeak. Has been app risen last twice and might improve for a more vigorous help in the saddle ew at 14/1 for small stakes
                                                                                  phils a non runner today so worth a look again tomorrow i suppose.not sure which race tbh,one search shows the 5.30 with j p Sullivan on board another shows amy ryan is booked for him in the 5 o clock,wait and see i guess.
                                                                                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                    BJG just mentioned Fishin Joella there now on ATR.

Didn't mention being drunk though
                                                                                    No chance that anyone would have recorded that interview?

Comment

Tracker

STORMBOUND - (16.00 Wolverhampton) tentative selection...not big fan of jock or trainer. Horse is well bred though and liked the way it ran.last time out. Plus taking on an odds on Gosden runner who ran.just as well last time out. 3/1 for a few coppers will do for today.

Comment

Tracker

STORMBOUND - (16.00 Wolverhampton) tentative selection...not big fan of jock or trainer. Horse is well bred though and liked the way it ran.last time out. Plus taking on an odds on Gosden runner who ran.just as well last time out. 3/1 for a few coppers will do for today.
                                                                                        nice result for ya there,checked it out earlier today in pp and was tempted to back it but didn't, when I went back in later it was 2/1 - not betting that!
                                                                                        Hope ya had a nice bit on him at 3's
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Compton crafter 1820 kemp. Travelled really well over 12f when not getting the clearest of runs lto . Has only ran over a mile twice winning once off a similar mark. Litmus got a terrible ride lto but is carrying 5 lb more so taking a chance with crofter.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                            nice result for ya there,checked it out earlier today in pp and was tempted to back it but didn't, when I went back in later it was 2/1 - not betting that!
                                                                                            Hope ya had a nice bit on him at 3's
                                                                                            nope if u read the post wasnt that confident.. didnt have too much on but a win is a win

Comment

Compton crafter 1820 kemp. Travelled really well over 12f when not getting the clearest of runs lto . Has only ran over a mile twice winning once off a similar mark. Litmus got a terrible ride lto but is carrying 5 lb more so taking a chance with crofter.
                                                                                              Managed to click a fiver rfc in this, would have preferred it the other way round obviously as I had a nice cut ew on the second but still a good day!

Comment

Tracker

MIDNIGHT BAHIA (17.50 Wolverhampton)
                                                                                                Just have this from run last time."left it too late as horse was really staying on in finish" is the note i have on it. watched back the race and feel Ahern left it a bit late to get going. Think i'll snap up the e.w @6/1 despite there beings a lot of other chances in the race. top one Monzino was 300k as yearling but was bought for 800gns and comes in good form. leitrim lad is the other interestibg runner having run in better races than this

Comment

Johnston lad 1500 ling. hasn't won since he and his trainer moved to England but won off 78 in ireland and is now down to 60. The fav must be getting to the top of his mark at this stage and there are only 3 or 4 you could give any chance to on current form. If he can finish in front of 1 of them he'll be placed so looks like a free ew bet at around 11/2 with the stables horses showing some improved form.

Best of luck

Comment

Master Overseer(runs 15.10 Winc) has the strangest result profile of late. His last five results read: pulled up, winner, pulled up, winner, pulled up. Not even the case that when he's been pulled up they've been better races, one of the wins was a grade 3 handicap and one of the pulled up one was a class 3. Also doesn't seem to be anything dodgy from owners because the times he's won he's been going off at large enough prices. Just seems the horse either fancies it or couldn't be bothered on any given day.

He seems to enjoy it more on the heavy though which it'll be today, has won both times he's run over today's trip and won on his only previous run at Wincanton. Think the 8's on offer is very large, wouldn't advise each way with a seemingly all or nothing sort of horse though.
                                                                                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Got a shout today for City Style in 4.50 Meydan 6/1 at PP and Fav in 2.30 at Meydan Mushreq 9/4 in PP

Comment

jazuss lads they'll be some savage gambl'n done today might as well throw in my own few ponys in the mix

in the 5.50 Houdini Bright is where the dart landed,only ever raced in ireland before this and is back to a winning mark(won over distance back feb in fundalk off 50,is today off 47)a few quid floating around for him as well this morning,trainer describes him as quirky in other words a bit of a nut case about him,throw in pats midnight bahia and we have a reverse forecast

Interesting to see the ex dessie hughes trained,13 year old Vic Venturi in the fox hunter Wincanton 3.40,second in the punchestown gold cup a few years ago behind follow the plan and has that tally-heo chappy mr.waley-cohen on board,worth a nibble @ 11/2 for fun
                                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Johnston lad 1500 ling. hasn't won since he and his trainer moved to England but won off 78 in ireland and is now down to 60. The fav must be getting to the top of his mark at this stage and there are only 3 or 4 you could give any chance to on current form. If he can finish in front of 1 of them he'll be placed so looks like a free ew bet at around 11/2 with the stables horses showing some improved form.

Best of luck
                                                                                                          Drifting like a barge unfortunately

Comment

..
                                                                                                            Last edited by jazzyfish; 31-01-13, 12:45.

Comment

One to consider in the Cheltenham Antepost market.

The word from Mullins yard is that Pique Sous will definitely run in the supreme and Ruby will be on board.
                                                                                                              Mullins reckons he is the most improved horse in the yard this year.
                                                                                                              He’s available at 25’s at the moment and if that info is correct he can be expected to go off at least half that price.
                                                                                                              He’s running on the flat tomorrow night in Dundalk, and if he doesn’t run over hurdles between now and Cheltenham he will be well under the radar.

Bet victor are going 25/1 (non-runner free bet offer.)

Beat Jezki by 10L in the champion bumper last year.

Comment

One to consider in the Cheltenham Antepost market.

The word from Mullins yard is that Pique Sous will definitely run in the supreme and Ruby will be on board.
                                                                                                                Mullins reckons he is the most improved horse in the yard this year.
                                                                                                                He’s available at 25’s at the moment and if that info is correct he can be expected to go off at least half that price.
                                                                                                                He’s running on the flat tomorrow night in Dundalk, and if he doesn’t run over hurdles between now and Cheltenham he will be well under the radar.

Bet victor are going 25/1 (non-runner free bet offer.)

Beat Jezki by 10L in the champion bumper last year.
                                                                                                                http://www.sportinglife.com/racing/n...-buzz-for-sous
                                                                                                                If Ruby picks him over Dodging Bullets he will be a single figure price.

Horse has only had two runs over hurdles and one of those a defeat, would be very much against the profile of a Supreme winner.

If Ruby rates him better than Dodging Bullets and Mullins thinks he's better than Un Atout he should be near enough favourite for the race.

How reliable is the info No River?

Comment

Dodging Bullets is top rated in the Supreme and already has a rating good enough to win an average Supreme Novs afaik. This years field looks average at best tbh. If Ruby rates him ahead of DB he should be favourite.

Comment

Originally posted by brady23 View Post
                                                                                                                    Got a shout today for City Style in 4.50 Meydan 6/1 at PP and Fav in 2.30 at Meydan Mushreq 9/4 in PP
                                                                                                                    Got an email from betfred telling me if i didn't log in my account was dormant

Logged in; €20 in it, stuck it on mushreq

FU Fred

Comment

Originally posted by premierstone View Post
                                                                                                                      If Ruby picks him over Dodging Bullets he will be a single figure price.

Horse has only had two runs over hurdles and one of those a defeat, would be very much against the profile of a Supreme winner.

If Ruby rates him better than Dodging Bullets and Mullins thinks he's better than Un Atout he should be near enough favourite for the race.

How reliable is the info No River?
                                                                                                                      Solid enough source,a chap who has a couple of horses in training with Mullins and has given good word before.

Worth a punt at that price anyways IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                                        Master Overseer(runs 15.10 Winc) has the strangest result profile of late. His last five results read: pulled up, winner, pulled up, winner, pulled up. Not even the case that when he's been pulled up they've been better races, one of the wins was a grade 3 handicap and one of the pulled up one was a class 3. Also doesn't seem to be anything dodgy from owners because the times he's won he's been going off at large enough prices. Just seems the horse either fancies it or couldn't be bothered on any given day.

He seems to enjoy it more on the heavy though which it'll be today, has won both times he's run over today's trip and won on his only previous run at Wincanton. Think the 8's on offer is very large, wouldn't advise each way with a seemingly all or nothing sort of horse though.
                                                                                                                        Excellent stuff situation apologies for my donkey

Comment

Yeah was a nice front running performance

Im with whoever through up City Style for the big one in Meydan. Sharestans come back run was very impressive but has done nothing at this level and cant be having it odds on with multiple group winners in the field.

Fanunaltor at 33/1 is tasty too, price is too heavily influenced by all weather performances were he clearly hates the surface. Different prospect back on turf.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 31-01-13, 16:34.
                                                                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X