Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

IPB Hero Our Conor Memorial Thread - (Horses Betting Obv)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well that went shite,then again it ended up being a 540/1 shot for the double

anyways backing Dooney Rock in the Uttoxeter 2.45,paul Carberry on board,and is trainer Michael McElhone only runner in england today,won last time out in fairyhouse,but is up 8 lbs today,worth a little e/w pop @ 8/1 with powers
    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

ok boys and girls,time to stop the bullshit and get this back on track,2.55 limerick,(sunday)DRESSED TO THE NINES...18 grand up for grabs for 1st in this listed Mares Novice Hurdle,owned by j.p. with mr.madden on board,was a 3 lgt 2nd last time out to felix yonger who in turn finished 2nd to Simonsig in the Neptune Investment Management Novices´ Hurdle during the week.Obviously this horse was held back in ireland for a reason and this is it,11/10 right now on powers,but theres worse coin flips out there!

FILL YOUR BOOTS!

J.P DOESNT LEAVE THIS KINDA MONEY IN HIS OWN BACK YARD!
      Last edited by amberleaf; 18-03-12, 00:20.
      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by amberleaf View Post
        ok boys and girls,time to stop the bullshit and get this back on track,2.55 limerick,(sunday)DRESSED TO THE NINES...18 grand up for grabs for 1st in this listed Mares Novice Hurdle,owned by j.p. with mr.madden on board,was a 3 lgt 2nd last time out to felix yonger who in turn finished 2nd to Simonsig in the Neptune Investment Management Novices´ Hurdle during the week.Obviously this horse was held back in ireland for a reason and this is it,11/10 right now on powers,but theres worse coin flips out there!

FILL YOUR BOOTS!

J.P DOESNT LEAVE THIS KINDA MONEY IN HIS OWN BACK YARD!
        well that went puke!another from the nag me list,backed Destroyer Deployed @ 9/4,4 o clock southwell
        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

back to winning ways thankfully,back to the nag me list,going for a e/w tipple on
          Sea Saffron in the 5 oclock in exeter,did its best work last time towards the end over2m6f(wasnt harshly treated by brendan powell imo) is now over 2m7f today with 7lbs lower to contend with,could have got 12s this morning(i took 9s)but just one firm offering 8s with most others going 7s so any value slipping away quickly,worth a pop e/w at anything from 6s+ i reckon,up against a handy sort in KOWLOON the 5/4 fav, that horses form being franked,still sea saffron ticks a lot of boxes imo!
          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

back to winning ways thankfully,back to the nag me list,going for a e/w tipple on
            Sea Saffron in the 5 oclock in exeter,did its best work last time towards the end over2m6f(wasnt harshly treated by brendan powell imo) is now over 2m7f today with 7lbs lower to contend with,could have got 12s this morning(i took 9s)but just one firm offering 8s with most others going 7s so any value slipping away quickly,worth a pop e/w at anything from 6s+ i reckon,up against a handy sort in KOWLOON the 5/4 fav, that horses form being franked,still sea saffron ticks a lot of boxes imo!
            7lbs lower??? You realise he was chasing lto and todays race is a hurdle?
            Profit before people.

Comment

ah shit,another donation it seems!
              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

ah shit,another donation it seems!
                and you wouldnt mind but i watched the last race 3 times,including twice today thinking i was on a good thingholy fuck back to the drawing board me thinks
                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

the result shows that sea saffron won by just 1/2 lenght,might as well be 10 lenghts with the jockey almost falling off the horse at the finish pulling him up(slight exaggeration)lesson of the day ,know less,bet more!still not a bad way to learn a lesson i guess!

gone for NABURN in the bumper in haydock today @ 2/1,had a good look at the last race it ran in this morning,came 2nd giving the sp fav a good run for his money,would think that it will come on for that run,opened up @ 11/4 and was quickly backed in to best price of 2/1 as of now,not a lump on job for me anyways,(did that,wore the t-shirt...and quickly lost the fucking thing)with a few interesting rivals including the jj o neill trained,tony mc Coy ridden LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN who is owned by ones Mr D Smith, Mr M Tabor & Mrs J Magnier(john jeo won this race last year with a rank outsider)but with all known form i'll stick with naburn for a handy bet @ 2/1
                  Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Last edited by amberleaf; 21-03-12, 22:21.
                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

the result shows that sea saffron won by just 1/2 lenght,might as well be 10 lenghts with the jockey almost falling off the horse at the finish pulling him up(slight exaggeration)lesson of the day ,know less,bet more!still not a bad way to learn a lesson i guess!

gone for NABURN in the bumper in haydock today @ 2/1,had a good look at the last race it ran in this morning,came 2nd giving the sp fav a good run for his money,would think that it will come on for that run,opened up @ 11/4 and was quickly backed in to best price of 2/1 as of now,not a lump on job for me anyways,(did that,wore the t-shirt...and quickly lost the fucking thing)with a few interesting rivals including the jj o neill trained,tony mc Coy ridden LOOKOUT MOUNTAIN who is owned by ones Mr D Smith, Mr M Tabor & Mrs J Magnier(john jeo won this race last year with a rank outsider)but with all known form i'll stick with naburn for a handy bet @ 2/1
                      no joy with naburn yesterday,but will keep in the nag me list,lookout mountain didnt run but interestly is in for two races on sat.1m4f newbury and a 2m1f in bangor on dee.going for a outsider e/w today,with Frolic Along in the first at chepstow @ 20/1 for a tiny e/w bet!
                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

no joy with naburn yesterday,but will keep in the nag me list,lookout mountain didnt run but interestly is in for two races on sat.1m4f newbury and a 2m1f in bangor on dee.going for a outsider e/w today,with Frolic Along in the first at chepstow @ 20/1 for a tiny e/w bet!
                        also just had a little e/w bet on gunns island in the bumper in cork with 365 @ 12/1,this tony martin trained gelding is now as low as 7/1 with both irish bookmakers,12s still there if anyone fancys a pop at this!
                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Don't take this the wrong way amberleaf but you should set up a log for yourself instead of posting all your tips in here as, although it complies with the purpose of the thread, it's just over the top in my opinion. No other tipping thread has such regular updates & thus they are much easier to follow and more collaborative.

Comment

Can't wait for The Curragh on Sunday, particularly interested to see how Dawn Approach goes in the maiden.
                            Profit before people.

Comment

PP refunding stakes in the Winter derby if horse is beaten by a length or less. Whilst its difficult to work out where the pace is gonna come from and could well be a very tactical affair I can't see Junoob being too far from the top honour from a nice draw.
                              Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                PP refunding stakes in the Winter derby if horse is beaten by a length or less. Whilst its difficult to work out where the pace is gonna come from and could well be a very tactical affair I can't see Junoob being too far from the top honour from a nice draw.
                                £12k he was claimed for in December. MBN for his new owners

Comment

racing

curragh today 2.30 dawn approach 3.00 royall visit 16.40 swerve

Comment

Was a cracking day for the start of the flat at the Curragh today, tidy performance from Dawn Approach. Never go too far wrong laying AOB shorties in spring.
                                    Profit before people.

Comment

Yeah, great to see the flat back. Does it start next weekend in the UK or when?

Wasn't going to have a bet but boredom kicked in so I just backed the last couple of Lordan's rides after missing the off for his 1st winner. One placed at 12s and nice to bag a 14/1 shot in the last.

Comment

Yep starts next Sat at Donny for the Lincoln meeting! Dubai World Cup on that evening as well.
                                        Profit before people.

Comment

see 365 have gone nrnb for the GRAND NATIONAL

2012 John Smith’s Grand National Betting:

Synchronised 8/1
                                          Prince de Beauchene 8/1
                                          Junior 10/1
                                          Burton Port 12/1
                                          Ballabriggs 14/1
                                          Cappa Bleu 16/1
                                          Chicago Grey 16/1
                                          Seabass 16/1
                                          Sunnyhillboy 16/1
                                          Treacle 16/1
                                          West End Rocker 18/1
                                          20/1 bar
                                          Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

I'm going for Caledonia Prince in the 1st in Southwell. Reasoning is that I was in a shop the other day and heard the Dolores Keane version of Caledonia. If it doesn't win I may give up.

Originally posted by NewApproach View Post
                                            Is it just me or has the quality of this thread deteriorated significantly in the last month or so? Not citing individual posters but there used to be solid reasoning behind good selections, now it just seems lads are putting up random names of horses they could have heard about down the pub.
                                            Don't worry, I'll get it back on track.

Comment

3/1 2nd fav when I posted, backed into 7/4 fav.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Need I say more?

Comment

HRI Amends Navan Race Times on Saturday 31st March to Allow Betting Shops To Stay Open for Dubai World Cup
                                                Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) today announced an amendment to the race times for the afternoon fixture at Navan racecourse this Saturday 31st March. The meeting which was originally scheduled to start at 2.00pm will now commence at 2.35pm with eight races (the 2½ mile thetote.com Handicap Hurdle will be divided) and the last race at 6.30pm.

HRI sanctioned this change in race times at Navan following a request from the Irish off-course betting industry. At present Irish betting shops are prohibited from opening after 6.30pm from September to March unless an Irish race is scheduled on or after 6.30pm. This move will therefore mean that the Irish betting shops can stay open this Saturday beyond 6.30pm and show the Dubai World Cup at 6.40pm, the world’s richest horse race, in which Irish trainer Aidan O’Brien runs favourite So You Think.

Announcing the race times change for Navan, HRI Director of Racing, Jason Morris said: “HRI is pleased to have been able to assist the Irish off-course betting industry in allowing betting shop customers to watch the world’s richest race, the Dubai World Cup, on Saturday. HRI is very grateful for the co-operation received from Navan racecourse and SIS in facilitating this change of times for Navan on Saturday, with the last race now to be run at 6.30pm shortly before the off of the Dubai World Cup. HRI is supportive of the Irish off-course betting industry’s desire to allow all year opening of betting shops in the evenings.”
                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

he's got rhythm running in a claimer on Friday evening in Dundalk, big chance according to the owner
                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

HRI Amends Navan Race Times on Saturday 31st March to Allow Betting Shops To Stay Open for Dubai World Cup
                                                    Horse Racing Ireland (HRI) today announced an amendment to the race times for the afternoon fixture at Navan racecourse this Saturday 31st March. The meeting which was originally scheduled to start at 2.00pm will now commence at 2.35pm with eight races (the 2½ mile thetote.com Handicap Hurdle will be divided) and the last race at 6.30pm.

HRI sanctioned this change in race times at Navan following a request from the Irish off-course betting industry. At present Irish betting shops are prohibited from opening after 6.30pm from September to March unless an Irish race is scheduled on or after 6.30pm. This move will therefore mean that the Irish betting shops can stay open this Saturday beyond 6.30pm and show the Dubai World Cup at 6.40pm, the world’s richest horse race, in which Irish trainer Aidan O’Brien runs favourite So You Think.

Announcing the race times change for Navan, HRI Director of Racing, Jason Morris said: “HRI is pleased to have been able to assist the Irish off-course betting industry in allowing betting shop customers to watch the world’s richest race, the Dubai World Cup, on Saturday. HRI is very grateful for the co-operation received from Navan racecourse and SIS in facilitating this change of times for Navan on Saturday, with the last race now to be run at 6.30pm shortly before the off of the Dubai World Cup. HRI is supportive of the Irish off-course betting industry’s desire to allow all year opening of betting shops in the evenings.”
                                                    Aidan O'Brien's So You Think strengthened his position at the head of the market for the Dubai World Cup at Meydan on Saturday evening after being handed stall four at the draw ceremony for the richest race in the world.

The giant Australian import is now a 5-2 chance (from 3-1) with Paddy Power and 5-2 from 11-4 with BetVictor after faring much better than one of his main market rivals, Game On Dude, who will break from the widest stall of all in 14.
                                                    Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

So You Think looks like he would eat fences. 2014 Gold Cup winner

Comment

yup,looking forward to watching this,no excuses for So You Think now with that draw!
                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Backed one too many Irish/British trained horses in my lifetime in International races, major leak! SYT looks incredibly short here with no form whatsoever on this surface, no run this year- something that almost all winners of this race seem to need, and the sight of JOB on board wouldn't fill me with confidence either. SYT hasn't quite lived up to all the hype in his career thus far, I'm talking superstar level here, he's obv very good. Will lay and prob place lay on Sat.

Capponi looks like a price at 16/1, been very impressive in some of the Meydan races this season, seems to absolutely love the surface, finds so much of the bridle, godolphin have a decent record in the race too. Likes to be up with the pace or indeed making it so getting there early from stall 11 will be his biggest challenge.
                                                          Last edited by The Situation; 29-03-12, 08:48.
                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane Fly View Post
                                                            So You Think looks like he would eat fences. 2014 Gold Cup winner
                                                            Should have gone for CH this year IMO, would have been the perfect start to Joseph's jumps career
                                                            Last edited by Strewelpeter; 29-03-12, 08:55.
                                                            Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Montjeu apparently put down

Comment

Anyone look at the McCain horse in the last at Newcastle today Jubail?

Quite short now at 6/4 after the two withdrawals this morning but after carrying 11-9 around to 2nd in last race in heavy and back to preferred good today surely any improvement sees him win this?

On at 2's anyway for a good start to weekend hopefully..........

Comment

Dundalk looks a great card for laying favs tonight. Apart from Exhortation in the fourth who I've heard good things about, think the jolly's in race #1,2,3 and 5 are all worth taking on.
                                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Denis Hogan gonna appeal, think he should take this one on the chin. Didn't look good at all watching the race.

At The Races – Digital partner to Sky Sports Racing. Get horse racing news, video replays, racecards, results, form, tips, features and odds comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                      Anyone look at the McCain horse in the last at Newcastle today Jubail?

Quite short now at 6/4 after the two withdrawals this morning but after carrying 11-9 around to 2nd in last race in heavy and back to preferred good today surely any improvement sees him win this?

On at 2's anyway for a good start to weekend hopefully..........

Good shout ciaran..got on @ 6/4 race over after the second last fence.

Comment

engage the dance in 8:15 dundalk is expected to run well

Comment

Mouth watering card at Meydan today. Would be a nice send off for Montjeu if St Nic went in in the Sheema Classic.
                                                                          Profit before people.

Comment

I see Bet365 are going 1/3 odds on a place in the Dubai WC.

Might have a sniff on the Japanese horse @ 11/2 e/w

Comment

Ryan Moore wins on St Nicholas Abbey earlier IMO. For someone who is clearly an extremely estute operator(AOB), it's odd to see objectivety on choosing best possible jock completely go out the window in favour of nepotism.

Also So you thinks SP was beyond ridiculous.
                                                                              Profit before people.

Comment

Going to go e/w on docofthebay in the next @Doncaster. Has pieces of decent course form but hasn't won there yet(2 places in last 3 runs though) and seems made for these big field races and has a decent draw but the main reason...sure wasn't I in that shop again

DISCLAIMER: The music belongs to its respective owners and is not owned by me in any way.Edit: Over 7,000 views?! How the hell did it jump that high?!?!

10/1 at best but getting shorter.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                  I've been waiting all season for Gates Of Rome to step up to 3m and he finally does so today. I think he is worth a poke.
                                                                                  will chance a 5er ew,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, shur have you ever put me wrong

"Remember the time he ate my goldfish? And you lied and said I never had goldfish. Then why did I have the bowl, Bart? Why did I have the bowl?"

Comment

Just a place this time, it's all about the songs yo.

Comment

this queen grace in the 6.20 dundalk looks like there's good money for it now,into 3/1 with some firms but still plenty of 5/1 and at that price is a great e/w bet imo
                                                                                      Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

i see stan james have paid out on davy russell for the Irish jump jockeys championship and are now offering 5/6 -10.5,given that he's 18 ahead as of now, to ruby walsh,the market will be closed at the end of the month after Punchestown.is there any reason not to have a lump on this?
                                                                                        Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Seems to be a bit of movement on Caseys ride Free World in the 4.15 at Aintree on the back of some positive paper talk. Into a general 9/1 at the moment so might be worth an e/w punt.

Comment

Biggish drift on Finian's. Chelts form never works out too well at Aintree but might be interested if he hits 2's.
                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                              Seems to be a bit of movement on Caseys ride Free World in the 4.15 at Aintree on the back of some positive paper talk. Into a general 9/1 at the moment so might be worth an e/w punt.
                                                                                              Dissapoint
                                                                                              Casey said he was sure he would have won at Cheltenham, he was flying when he came down. Looks like it got into his head, he never jumped a single one yesterday.
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Biggish drift on Finian's. Chelts form never works out too well at Aintree but might be interested if he hits 2's.
                                                                                                think fingal bay even at 6/4 could end up being a great price in the novices' hurdle after skipping Cheltenham,with cotton mill a handy e/w alternative @ 11/2
                                                                                                Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                  Dissapoint
                                                                                                  Casey said he was sure he would have won at Cheltenham, he was flying when he came down. Looks like it got into his head, he never jumped a single one yesterday.
                                                                                                  Horrific from the off, I'd say Segal has never had a worse preformer in all his years!

Comment

think fingal bay even at 6/4 could end up being a great price in the novices' hurdle after skipping Cheltenham,with cotton mill a handy e/w alternative @ 11/2
                                                                                                    It wasn't by choice that he skipped Cheltenham

Comment

Got a mail this morning that Victor Chandler are paying six places in the National.

Any other bookies doing similar?

Comment

Silv Conti a lay in the next??
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Silv Conti a lay in the next??
                                                                                                          I never liked the horse but this isn't a great race. I think Solix is a bet if you can forgive him his last run.

Comment

Small lay on Silv.

You got to love the skankfest that is Aintree ladies day.
                                                                                                            Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                                              It wasn't by choice that he skipped Cheltenham
                                                                                                              dont think they would take the risk all the same,if the horse wasn't right,at least i hope not
                                                                                                              Mattie McGrath wanna-be

Comment

The rain gives Kauto stone a slight EW chance. May regret not taking Finians.
                                                                                                                Profit before people.

Comment

chicago grey for the national tomorrow
                                                                                                                  Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Ruby riding for E Hales in the last on hidden light has a big chance aswell
                                                                                                                    Mullins has a runner in the race would Ruby have had a choice or am i reading too much into this?

Comment

Paddy Power
                                                                                                                      FACEBOOK FRIEND EXCLUSIVE: Darlan now a MASSIVE 3/1 - Max Stake £20. Win Singles Only. When it’s gone, it’s gone!

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                                        Paddy Power
                                                                                                                        FACEBOOK FRIEND EXCLUSIVE: Darlan now a MASSIVE 3/1 - Max Stake £20. Win Singles Only. When it’s gone, it’s gone!
                                                                                                                        Your a few days late I think

Comment

Ha they posted the 2 together i just c+p

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X