No announcement yet.

Football-betting thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Terry 1/8. Is there any doubt, he seems to be playing well despite the ribs and next in line is a fair bit worse?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
      John Terry 1/8. Is there any doubt?
      Only an injury I'd imagine

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
        Haven't looked at it properly yet but with the appointment of Hodgson the market for making the England 23 has to throw up a few surprises?

current odds on PP

Anything stand out?
        Think Richards is a shoe-in @ 5/6. I wouldn't be confident of Johnson getting a place @ 1/3 when England have Richards and Walker to comfortably take care of the right back slot

Up front, he'll probably take 4 strikers. Rooney/Welbeck are certs, and Bent also if he was fully fit. He'll almost definetly take 1, if not both of Carroll and Crouch both @ 5/4. Again, i don't Sturridge @ 1/2 is even near a sure thing

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
          Think Richards is a shoe-in @ 5/6. I wouldn't be confident of Johnson getting a place @ 1/3 when England have Richards and Walker to comfortably take care of the right back slot

Up front, he'll probably take 4 strikers. Rooney/Welbeck are certs, and Bent also if he was fully fit. He'll almost definetly take 1, if not both of Carroll and Crouch both @ 5/4. Again, i don't Sturridge @ 1/2 is even near a sure thing
          All depends on what formation Hodgson will play. 433 or 442?

what did he play at Pool?

Comment

He wasnt a fan of attacking full backs anyway

Comment

Roy and Glen have quite a bit of history from Liverpool.

Hodgson on Glen.

'But he would have to be playing like an England right back for that to happen, and up to now this season, to be quite frank, he has not performed at the level you would expect. Not very often, anyway.

'The reasons? You would have to ask him that. Perhaps you should ask him, "Do you think you are playing at the top of your form? Do you think you are really performing like the best right back in the country when you play for your club?" If the answer is "yes", then we will have to agree to differ. If it is "no", you could ask him why not.'
              Rumoured at the time that Glen wanted out of Liverpool when Roy was in charge.

Opr

Comment

Sturridge is 1/100 imo. He will lead the line without WR. 1/2 is ridic value

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                  Sturridge is 1/100 imo. He will lead the line without WR. 1/2 is ridic value
                  welbeck?

Comment

Originally posted by CheckRaise View Post
                    welbeck?

They all look the same to Finkel

I still think Bent will make it

Comment

Seeing as I'm going to watch it. Anyone seen anything for a bit of interest in the Blackburn - Wigan?

Opr

Comment

Don't think its a great market to play in. Basically 2nd guessing a manager with little or nothing to go on.
                        Profit before people.

Comment

john terry was as big as 2/1 to be included in the euros squad at one stage this morning,eventually got on myself @4/6 for uncomfortable lumpage thinkin i was basically buyin money

secondguessin myself now but should i be worried that someone knows something that made the england captain and best defender drift to 2/1 just to be included in the squad

Comment

Originally posted by blanchero View Post
                            john terry was as big as 2/1 to be included in the euros squad at one stage this morning,eventually got on myself @4/6 for uncomfortable lumpage thinkin i was basically buyin money

secondguessin myself now but should i be worried that someone knows something that made the england captain and best defender drift to 2/1 just to be included in the squad
                            Article in Irish Indo today saying Hodgson will only bring 1 of him & Rio, and leaning toward Rio. Wouldn't put any faith in that though. Would've def got on at 2/1!

Comment

Sturridge at 5/6 is just sick.

Unbelievable, he's a 100/1 on shot

Comment

Where is this market? Can't find on PP
                                Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
                                  Where is this market? Can't find on PP
                                  Football - special bets

Comment

Dream about CLF

I'm not a football betting man or a fan of Chelski, but last night I had a dream about the match today.

Frank Lampard scores early in the first half with a header and Chelski go on to win the cup 1-0.

At the last WC I dreamt half way through of the WC trophy sitting on the centre circle of Camp Nou, so I've some form going into this one.

GL

Last edited by curleywurley; 19-05-12, 07:29.

Comment

Lumped on, I hope you're right.

Comment

have a free $5 bet for the match and a bit of previous with dreaming correct football results so why not? still couldnt bring myself to cheer for chelsea mind

Comment

In terms of pricing the game up, how much of a normal home game do people think this is for Bayern? Does the equal ticket allocation nullify the advantage slightly, to what degree should this affect the pricing?
                                          Profit before people.

Comment

BetVictor refunding outright bets on Euros if Spain win. 11/4 on Ger & 13/2 on Holl slightly below the avg but nice promo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                              In terms of pricing the game up, how much of a normal home game do people think this is for Bayern? Does the equal ticket allocation nullify the advantage slightly, to what degree should this affect the pricing?
                                              Robbie Savage just said that Bayern have a huge advantage playing in their own place tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by curleywurley View Post
                                                Robbie Savage just said that Bayern have a huge advantage playing in their own place tonight.
                                                In that case lump on
                                                Last edited by Percy007; 19-05-12, 15:35.

Comment

Worth picking up the racing post tomorrow guys(or order it on the website), comprehensive 72 page Euro 2012 betting guide, should be a good read, they smashed it at World Cup 2010!
                                                  Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                    Worth picking up the racing post tomorrow guys(or order it on the website), comprehensive 72 page Euro 2012 betting guide, should be a good read, they smashed it at World Cup 2010!
                                                    Always a great read but it'll mainly adverts. 72 pages is laughable.

Comment

Anyone looked at prices on teams not to make it out of the Groups?

Gone for -

Greece 1/2
                                                      England 6/4
                                                      Italy 11/10
                                                      Portugal 4/6

12/1 for a 4 fold, keep me interested in all group matches.

Comment

Chile are 13/10 away to Bolivia tonight. I think thats a massive price. Bolivia have 1 draw and 3 losses to date in the WCQs. Chile haven't been great so far and currently lie 5th with 2 wins and 2 losses but there is a huge gap in class between these two sides imo. Bolivia have been beaten by Uruguay, Columbia and Venezuela, their draw was away to Argentina who somehow only managed to score one goal in that game.
                                                        'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Linfield play Bangor today in a friendly as a warm-up for their Euro game coming up, Linfield have been back for a bit now in preseason, my mate (Glenavon player) told me Bangor aren't even back in full pre season yet. Linfield -1 4/5 on PP and -2 11/5 both worth consideration today.

Comment

Ugh ffs PP pulled the game and now have it listed as Bangor City the Welsh team, know nothing about them

Comment

European u19's start this Tuesday. Spain of course are heavy favourites. I watched Spain twice in qualifying and didn't think they looked as good as previous youth sides but hard to really tell based off only a couple of games.

I think Portugal could be worth a few quid. They've some cracking looking players at this level. I watched a few of them in the Nextgen series in which some of them looked quite special. The only place that has a market up at the minute is Bwin which has them priced at 5/1. Would like to get a few quid on Betinho as top scorer but doubt if anyone will do a market. He has eight goals in his last six games for the u19 team. Looked a really special player in the Nextgen series playing for Sporting Lisbon.

Opr

Comment

Should have said too that the groups are set up nicely for Portugal. Two groups of fours teams in each with the top two going through to the semi final stage. Spain and Portugal are in the same group but you would expect them to finish as the first two. Means Portugal will avoid them until the final if they get through.

Group A
                                                                Estonia
                                                                Portugal
                                                                Greece
                                                                Spain

Group B
                                                                Serbia
                                                                France
                                                                England
                                                                Croatia

Bit of a preview here for Portuguese team - http://www.portugoal.net/index.php/m...-championships

Opr

Comment

Taking a look at the opening round of games tomorrow for some value since the prices went up.

England vs Croatia

England at 10/11 looks good value.

It looks like Croatia will be considerably weaker than in qualifying. This was the team that started the last match. Four key players have been ruled out.

J. ČaluÅ¡ić
                                                                  M. Mitrović
                                                                  M. Kovačić - not released by Dinamo Zagreb
                                                                  F. Mrzljak - Got a red card in qualifing and misses first two games.
                                                                  M. Pajač
                                                                  I. Aleksić
                                                                  D. MiÅ¡kić
                                                                  M. Livaja - Livaja not released by Inter Milan
                                                                  M. Dugandžić
                                                                  A. Rebić - Injured

Kovačić, Livaja and Datković would be considered three of their best players all of whom aren't being realsed. The squad has a number of other players not realsed or injured.

England have taken over a very strong squad. William Keane seems to be the only player missing through injury.

Portugal vs Estonia

Portugal(-1) at 10/11 against Estonia

Estonia got in as hosts. They've had some matches in the build up in something called the Baltic cup in which they lost all three games.

In contrast Portugal have won 5 out of six matches in qualifying drawing the other while scoring 29 goals along the way in those matches. It looks a complete mismatch on paper. I guess the fact they're the hosts so the ground will be highly partisan may be somewhat of a detracting factor.

Opr

Comment

Should really have known better than to trust the English at youth level. Ended up 1-1.

Comfortable 3-0 win for Portugal with Betinho getting a goal. Spain won 2-1 struggling a little in the second half against Greece and had some scares but in fairness Greece are no push overs and had a very good record in qualifying coming into this tourney. Very much looking forward to the group game between Spain and Portugal on Friday.

Opr

Comment

What ridiculous squads Spain and Brazil have selected for the Olympics, Available at 5/2 and 9/4 respectively. Really looking forward to it.

Spain

David De Gea (Manchester United)
                                                                      Diego Marino (Villarreal)
                                                                      Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                      Jordi Alba (Valencia/Barcelona)
                                                                      Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille)
                                                                      Alberto Botia (Sporting Gijon)
                                                                      Alvaro Dominguez (Borussia Monchengladbach)
                                                                      Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad)
                                                                      Javi Martinez and Mikel San Jose (both Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                      Martin Montoya (Barcelona)
                                                                      Thiago Alcantara and Cristian Tello (both Barcelona)
                                                                      Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                      Isco (Malaga)
                                                                      Koke (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                      Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu (both Chelsea)
                                                                      Adrian Lopez (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                      Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                      Rodrigo (Benfica)
                                                                      Alvaro Vazquez (Espanyol)

Brazil (can't find keepers)

Defenders: Daniel Alves, (Barcelona), Danilo (FC Porto), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Alex Sandro (FC Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Bruno Uvini (Tottenham), Juan (Inter Milan).

Midfielders: Casemiro (Sao Paulo), Sandro (Tottenham), Romulo (Vasco), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Internacional), Giuliano (Dnipro),

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (Internacional), Hulk (FC Porto), Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Neymar (Santos), Wellington Nem (Fluminense).

Comment

Got this earlier.

Cefn Druids v Mypa Europa League qualifer. Mypa -3.5 @ 4/1. No handicap market on PP for this one though so I just took +3.5 goals 13/8.

Make of it what you will

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                          Got this earlier.

Cefn Druids v Mypa Europa League qualifer. Mypa -3.5 @ 4/1. No handicap market on PP for this one though so I just took +3.5 goals 13/8.

Make of it what you will
                                                                          on tv anywhere or will there be a stream for it

Comment

Got this earlier.

Make of it what you will
                                                                            Hope ye made v little of it

0-0 FT

Comment

ffs, Portugal on the verge of going out of the Euro u19's. Drew the last group game with Spain 3-3. Half time currently playing Greece but have got a man sent off and have since gone a goal down. A win for Greece will mean they qualify ahead of them in the group.

Opr

Comment

What ridiculous squads Spain and Brazil have selected for the Olympics, Available at 5/2 and 9/4 respectively. Really looking forward to it.

Spain

David De Gea (Manchester United)
                                                                                Diego Marino (Villarreal)
                                                                                Joel Robles (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                                Jordi Alba (Valencia/Barcelona)
                                                                                Cesar Azpilicueta (Marseille)
                                                                                Alberto Botia (Sporting Gijon)
                                                                                Alvaro Dominguez (Borussia Monchengladbach)
                                                                                Inigo Martinez (Real Sociedad)
                                                                                Javi Martinez and Mikel San Jose (both Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                                Martin Montoya (Barcelona)
                                                                                Thiago Alcantara and Cristian Tello (both Barcelona)
                                                                                Ander Herrera (Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                                Isco (Malaga)
                                                                                Koke (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                                Juan Mata and Oriol Romeu (both Chelsea)
                                                                                Adrian Lopez (Atletico Madrid)
                                                                                Iker Muniain (Athletic Bilbao)
                                                                                Rodrigo (Benfica)
                                                                                Alvaro Vazquez (Espanyol)

Brazil (can't find keepers)

Defenders: Daniel Alves, (Barcelona), Danilo (FC Porto), Marcelo (Real Madrid), Alex Sandro (FC Porto), Thiago Silva (AC Milan), David Luiz (Chelsea), Bruno Uvini (Tottenham), Juan (Inter Milan).

Midfielders: Casemiro (Sao Paulo), Sandro (Tottenham), Romulo (Vasco), Paulo Henrique Ganso (Santos), Lucas (Sao Paulo), Oscar (Internacional), Giuliano (Dnipro),

Forwards: Alexandre Pato (Internacional), Hulk (FC Porto), Leandro Damiao (Internacional), Neymar (Santos), Wellington Nem (Fluminense).
                                                                                ridiculous in the american sense of the word shit?

Comment

Greece u19 against England u19 on Thursday. Greece at 10/3 with Coral.

Greece came into this competition with an awesome record in qualifying. They gave Spain a right good match in the first game of the tournament and had chances to draw level in the second half of that match. They beat the whipping boys of the group in the similar fashion to Portugal/Spain 4-1. They had some luck with the red card when they beat Portugal in the last group game to qualify for the semi but it was 1-1 at the time and no reason to think they might not have gone on to win anyway.

England only drew against a Croatian side which has 5 of their best players either not released/injured or suspended. They scraped past Serbia the worst team in the group 2-1. They beat the French in the last game but the French had made seven changes from the previous two games because they already had qualified. In truth I think they've been hugely lucky to get out of the group.

I think this is far more evenly matched than the prices suggest. Also the 3.3 currently on offer with Coral for Greece to win is next best price at 2.7.

Opr
                                                                                  Last edited by Opr; 10-07-12, 21:33.

Comment

I think we should continue this thread to champions league. Euro cup is over man!!!
                                                                                    Football Betting Sites UK

Comment

Greece 1-0 up with 2 minutes to half time and the Ref just sent off the goalkeeper and gave a penalty for a decision which he got completely wrong. Commentary called it completely ridiculous. Bloody sickened.

Keeper saved the penalty but fuck you referee!

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                        Greece 1-0 up with 2 minutes to half time and the Ref just sent off the goalkeeper and gave a penalty for a decision which he got completely wrong. Commentary called it completely ridiculous. Bloody sickened.

Keeper saved the penalty but fuck you referee!

Opr
                                                                                        Ive backed them also, no betfair account so what would you do to kinda cover myself?

Edit over 2.5 goals @ 11/10????

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                          Ive backed them also, no betfair account so what would you do to kinda cover myself?

Edit over 2.5 goals @ 11/10????
                                                                                          Trying to scramble and do something myself. I have a couple of decent bets on them to win the game and to qualify and had them in the match handicap -1. Again fuck you referee.

I can't see much of a way of laying off unless you want to back double chance, England/Draw.

Opr

Comment

Hope you didn't try cover with overs?

Opr

Comment

Cant tell you how much i fucked up there.

Comment

Get the fuck in. Greece win it in extra time.

Opr

Comment

Got this earlier.

Make of it what you will

Pity you weren't on this tonight 5-0 so far

Comment

Lithuainians 5's to win in Tallaght. Shall watch first 10mins and decide.

Comment

Is 11/2 value for Chelsea to win the league? I'm tempted.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                        I thinks so with a view to laying it off.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                                                          If they played the league 100 times how many times would Chelsea win in your estimation?

Also, league-long ante-post bets are the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                            If they played the league 100 times how many times would Chelsea win in your estimation?

I know that's what I should do to gauge it but I wouldn't even know how to begin estimating that. It would basically be a guess - I'll say City win it 48, United 24, Chelsea 21 and any other 7. I definitely think Chelsea's odds should be closer to United's; whether that's a case of United being too short or Chelsea being too long is what I'm not sure of.

I love bets that give a good sweat although 10 months or so is a bit excessive.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                              I thinks so with a view to laying it off.
                                                                                                              Why would you lay it off? At what price will you be laying off? Im confused

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                                              Why is this?

Very sweeping statement.

If you are saying the markets for season long bets are weighed heavily against the punter. Or - tying up money that long is bad instead of having it working for you week on week.

But there are often a lot of value in season long bets, price dependent.
                                                                                                              GAA News Website

Comment

Isnt it mad how chelsea are european champions. Fa cup champions. Have just made two of the best transfers this summer, with plans to make more, yet Nobody can see past Man City.

Isnt United at 2s with some firms way too short?
                                                                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Motherwell v Panathinaikos

Anyone got any insight into this? The Greeks look big to me @ 10/11 but I read recently that they have lost a good few players. Thoughts on this lads?

Game is next week btw.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                    Isnt it mad how chelsea are european champions. Fa cup champions. Have just made two of the best transfers this summer, with plans to make more, yet Nobody can see past Man City.

Isnt United at 2s with some firms way too short?
                                                                                                                    It's sad to say but some could imply that to mean Chelsea are just a good cup team.
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                      Why would you lay it off? At what price will you be laying off? Im confused
                                                                                                                      Sorry i missed this. I looked at Chelseas league fixtures up to around that start of Dec and think they could be on a good run, the only "big" aways they have are Arsenal and Spurs they have United, City and Liverpool all at home before December. In December they also have the inconvienience of the World Club Championships. I just think with those fixtures up to December they could be short around then. Why would I lay it off? Dunno tbh prob because im a coward, would you lay them off if they were 7/4 shots around December? Not sure why you are confused is it not all about getting profit? Fwiw im not a massive punter.

Comment

thanks for explaining. I hadnt examined their fixtures, or knew anything about the WCC. Valid points. You could throw in an aging team to that too, if that argument still applies to chelsea.

Re laying off, if you think they are no longer the correct price at xmas, then jumping ship is perfect. If you are laying off because there is too much at risk, then only punt what you can afford to lose.

Gl with it
                                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Liverpool play Roma in a preseason friendly tonight.

Roma side should be the fitter of the two. They've already played 3 friendlies beating Turnu Severin 2-0, Rapid Vienna 2-1, and Zaglebie Lubin 4-0 last weekend.

Liverpool have only played one match which they drew 1-1 against a poor Toronto side. It was a really threadbare side which was mostly made up of kids. 16 year old was playing on the right wing with a load of other youth squad players. Much the same players are expected to take part tonight as the senior players have only arrived back and Rodgers has said they likely won't feature - http://www.lfctour.com/news/rodgers-...r-new-arrivals

If what Rodgers is saying is true I can't see how this is priced correctly and surely Roma should be favourites tonight but are priced at 21/10 with B365.

Opr

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X