Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eddie Durkin View Post
    While many will think im just trolling its seriously not. but how can you make the comment above that ive bolded without anything to back it up. Its just ridiculous. There valent reasons about why i could be right but yet all the people in love with tiger have nothing to back up that he will still be good.

Oh and he certainly wont be scooping anything today

Ive backed westwood. Goooo Westwood!!
    not much interest in rambling about why but imo he's still just playing golf, which is what he's done better than anyone for the last decade. If he can go round riding everything that moved and still kill it on the course i don't see why he can't do it now.

Comment

Originally posted by bubbleking View Post
      is that 2/1 for today or tournament?
      Originally posted by atufone View Post
      curious as to how u developed this price??

thats if i am right in thinking its outright winner price???
      For tournament. Wouldn't make sense really to have a Tiger vs the field bet for the day.
      Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Just backed KJ this morning cause I've a nicnicnic/kaymar crush (well maybe not)

This Masters has been superb and I've seen many of em, looking at the leaderboard I can happily say I'd be delighted no matter who wins., for each one it's a great story.

Tiger has already done enough to ensure the top plyers will need to be on top of thier game all season, I'm convinced his inclusion this weekend has inspired Phil

Eddied you are entitled to your opinion but think about it some more, It's Tger Woods .

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
          For tournament. Wouldn't make sense really to have a Tiger vs the field bet for the day.

well without been offensive to your price in anyway(well/ish)

i would be haapy to lay Woods to win outright without Mickelson @ 9/4

Comment

any chance of 3/1??

Comment

any chance of 3/1??

sure if u pm me your address and i will post u my bank card and pin!

so..ehh NO

Comment

LOL thought Id chance my arm ok so you say 9/4 and I was looking for 3/1 split the difference at 5/2??

Comment

In order to live, you have to be willing to die.

If Lee Westwood wins the 2010 US Masters I will quit IPB forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

If Tiger Woods wins the 2010 US Masters, Eddie Durkin must quit IPB forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

Deal Eddie?
                  Last edited by The C Kid; 11-04-10, 13:28.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post

If Lee Westwood wins the 2010 US Masters I will quit IBP forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

If Tiger Woods wins the 2010 US Masters, Eddie Durkin must quit IBP forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

Deal Eddie?

suppose it depends on what IBP is?

Comment

I'll go 9/4 as well, and if someone wants to lay 3/1 I'll take it.

If Lee Westwood wins the 2010 US Masters I will quit IPB forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

If Tiger Woods wins the 2010 US Masters, Eddie Durkin must quit IPB forever. No posting, no PMs, no anything. Perma-banned by the Mods.

Deal Eddie?
                      DON'T DO IT! Don't want a ~30% chance of the C-Kid not posting again!

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                        Just backed KJ this morning cause I've a nicnicnic/kaymar crush (well maybe not)

This Masters has been superb and I've seen many of em, looking at the leaderboard I can happily say I'd be delighted no matter who wins., for each one it's a great story.

Tiger has already done enough to ensure the top plyers will need to be on top of thier game all season, I'm convinced his inclusion this weekend has inspired Phil

Eddied you are entitled to your opinion but think about it some more, It's Tger Woods .
                        I'll let you in on a secret Will, had a little on Choi yesterday before play at 19.5.

I agree with you re any of the top 4. Although if Micky or Westwood win, it will leave a ittle sour taste. I'd say I'm down €10k at least over the last year between them.

I think its a fantastic final group, one of the best were ever likely to see and I hope both bring there A-game today and as yesterday were treated to a wonderful spectacle.

After a good start to the season I think the golf has gotten a little uninteresting the last 6 weeks or so and the game needed a good masters, its certainly got one so far, truely epic.

As for Tiger, -8 and going out in the second last group Sunday. I'd say he'd of snapped your hand off if offered this position Thursday. A brilliant performance with a huge section of the world tuning in to see him wilt. Anyone who thinks this guys finished is beyond clueless.

Comment

nice post Nucky. I'm sure a lof of actual golf lovers agree with it.

Choi still available at 16+ today.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                            nice post Nucky. I'm sure a lof of actual golf lovers agree with it.

Choi still available at 16+ today.
                            I had like €80 on him yesterday just for an interest in the win market, while I was busy emptying everything I could into mooneybookers and onto betfair for the lay on Poulter. I thought long and hard about lumping that money on Westwood instead but thought the Poults lay a safer option.

Think I'll still be routing for Westy, class act and deserves his major after a couple of very near misses in the last two years.

I've not been running good lately so if Poulter does put a round together I'll be joining the tesco chicken noodle brigade for a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post

Think I'll still be routing for Westy, class act and deserves his major after a couple of very near misses in the last two years.
                              +1 Hes a major winner in waiting and id love to see Westwood win it.

Comment

C Kid, take down that bet offer.

If you want to do something like that the bet to offer is Tiger vs any 2 golfers over the next 12 months. He will be the world no.1 and win more money than anybody else over that period unless something freakish happens. So he can pick two golfers than he fancies will be better than Tiger and if one of them is then you lose.
                                'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Deal Eddie?
                                  Sorry been out all day enjoying the lovely weather so only seeing this now

I wouldnt take the bet even if i had inside information that all the players were going to let Westwood win. Ive never had a problem with you and if i had to choose only 10 posters that i could see posts from, you would be in it, so i wouldn't want to be the reason that you stopped.

To put up something like that has increased your man love with tiger to the maximum! May i suggest you change your relationship status on facebook to...

In an open relationship

With Tiger Woods

Comment

Just got stuck into Westwood at 2.92, no point routing for him without the monies on. I feel its a good price. I cant see him buckling ,so it will take something very special for him to get stuffed.

Comment

I'll go 9/4 as well, and if someone wants to lay 3/1 I'll take it.
                                      Il take 9/4 if you want - can ship on stars my $20 to your $45? Tiger V (the field - Mickelson)?

Comment

Il take 9/4 if you want - can ship on stars my $20 to your $45? Tiger V (the field - Mickelson)?
                                        Booked

Comment

im fairly confident of collecting on mickelson
                                          although this is westwoods big chance too win his first major would be worried
                                          about his short game if his driving dosnt hold up under pressure
                                          think a score of 73/74 in the final pairing will be plenty good enough to win
                                          so realistically no point in backing against them
                                          go lefty ONE TIME...

Comment

Tiger obviously please, but anyone but Westwood for the love of God.

Comment

lets go westwood wel have your usual blowup early in the round please

Comment

Interesting stat on bbc there, 20 of last 21 winners came from final group

Comment

Yeah, Zach Johnson only exception.

Can't decide how the course is playing yet, thought it was really hard early but a couple making scores, Verplank, Dufner etc. Some cheeky pin positions, as well as the usual, 12 looks extremely hard.

Going to be an amazing night.

Comment

also said nobody has ever shot 4rounds under 70... i would be near on sure westwood is going to have to do that to win today..

i took would i could of Choi today as i feel he is the value...

Comment

Hazel irvine looks lovely today.

Comment

Yeah, Zach Johnson only exception.

Can't decide how the course is playing yet, thought it was really hard early but a couple making scores, Verplank, Dufner etc. Some cheeky pin positions, as well as the usual, 12 looks extremely hard.

Going to be an amazing night.
                                                        yeah just looking at the scoring, seems the easy pin positions are on the last six holes

Comment

Sergio putting into the water on 12 was pretty epic.

Comment

tiger, choi, mickelson, just not westwood plz.

Comment

Originally posted by phantom_lord View Post
                                                              tiger, choi, mickelson, just not westwood plz.
                                                              How addicted to golf betting do you think this tournament has made you on a scale of 1-10?

Comment

depends how much i lose!

Comment

Here comes the King.

EDIT: OH DEAR GOD
                                                                  "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Green finished +3 for his round that included 2*eagles and 3*birds

Comment

Green finished +3 for his round that included 2*eagles and 3*birds
                                                                      One was a hole in one on 16.

Comment

One was a hole in one on 16.
                                                                        4/1 for a hole in one today. That sunday pin on 16 always gives a few close ones. A real exciting pin position.

Comment

No matter what the result, there has been some top class golfing today. It's been a pleasure to watch so far.

Comment

Wow Tigers 3rd at the 11th and Kim is on fireeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Lads in fairness you have to admit Westwood is playing some epic golf. With his poor drives he should be well down the field.

Wish i could post in bbv

Comment

Have not been online much but did i get a good deal at 6/4 on Mickelson pre 1st tee, what was he trading at going into the last round?

Comment

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt".
                                                                                  Lol i clapped well done sir

Comment

Kim place and i only nearly got half back

Comment

What an amazing day of golf. I love the sport but never brfore have i been glued to the screen watching it.

On tiger. All my talk about him being done was just a wind up. There was too much manlove itt so i needed to stir it up a bit. As a person i have zero respect for him but as a golfer he is imense. It just wouldnt have been the same without him there today. I do stand by my comment tho that he wont dominate anymore. i think his personal issues will stick with him and there'll always be that doubt in the back of his mind. The interview he had at the end on bbc was cringeworthy!

Congrats to phil m. Very emotional victory it seems. Lee westwood didnt bottle it im glad to say and if his driving around the middle of the day had been better, he might have just won it.

Great days golf.

EDIT - 4got to say i got a bit of a lump in my throat when they were cheering tiger walking towards the 18th green
                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 11-04-10, 23:54.

Comment

Originally posted by jackyback View Post
                                                                                        Have not been online much but did i get a good deal at 6/4 on Mickelson pre 1st tee, what was he trading at going into the last round?
                                                                                        he was fluctuating between 2.56 and 2.68 so no diff.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
                                                                                          he was fluctuating between 2.56 and 2.68 so no diff.
                                                                                          Cheers, pub punting is always fun.

Comment

What an amazing day of golf. I love the sport but never brfore have i been glued to the screen watching it.

On tiger. All my talk about him being done was just a wind up. There was too much manlove itt so i needed to stir it up a bit. As a person i have zero respect for him but as a golfer he is imense. It just wouldnt have been the same without him there today. I do stand by my comment tho that he wont dominate anymore. i think his personal issues will stick with him and there'll always be that doubt in the back of his mind. The interview he had at the end on bbc was cringeworthy!
                                                                                            Congrats to phil m. Very emotional victory it seems. Lee westwood didnt bottle it im glad to say and if his driving around the middle of the day had been better, he might have just won it.

Great days golf.

EDIT - 4got to say i got a bit of a lump in my throat when they were cheering tiger walking towards the 18th green
                                                                                            LOl what a crock of shite... you were wrong just admit it.

Comment

Aimed At Eddie Durkin

Tiger 6/5 not to bag a Major this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                LOl what a crock of shite... you were wrong just admit it.
                                                                                                We'll see

Comment

Tiger played awful and still finished high
                                                                                                  he is out of form and out of comp (ring rusty)
                                                                                                  IF he wants im sure its there for him still

Some of the reasons he finished high are:

1:Its tiger
                                                                                                  2: he is (probably) the best par 5 player ever (of the top top players)

he has always had such an advantage on par 5's (+drivable par 4's) that the fact that people like Phil are "classier" players never really mattered
                                                                                                  ...Thats why they used to try to make courses "tiger Proof" by making them longer (worked out better for him)

He killed the course on the eagle-able holes and while young enough will always be able to do that
                                                                                                  so when/if back in proper comp he will be no1 again

and yes there was WAY to much man love for all thinks tiger over the weekend in here

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                    Tiger played awful and still finished high
                                                                                                    he is out of form and out of comp (ring rusty)
                                                                                                    IF he wants im sure its there for him still

Some of the reasons he finished high are:

1:Its tiger
                                                                                                    2: he is (probably) the best par 5 player ever (of the top top players)

he has always had such an advantage on par 5's (+drivable par 4's) that the fact that people like Phil are "classier" players never really mattered
                                                                                                    ...Thats why they used to try to make courses "tiger Proof" by making them longer (worked out better for him)

He killed the course on the eagle-able holes and while young enough will always be able to do that
                                                                                                    so when/if back in proper comp he will be no1 again

and yes there was WAY to much man love for all thinks tiger over the weekend in here
                                                                                                    Am I right in thinking that this about par 5s is very wrong? Like he's one of the worst drivers out there? I haven't looked at stats or anything, but I know he was never one of the best drivers, and that certainly was never his strength. His advantage isn't really made up of his length at par 5s and short par 4s.

How do you say that Phil is a "classier player"? Whats that about?

And lol at the adjustment to them thinking that his edge was in being long was to make the courses longer. I always laughed at that!

Comment

Am I right in thinking that this about par 5s is very wrong? Like he's one of the worst drivers out there? I haven't looked at stats or anything, but I know he was never one of the best drivers, and that certainly was never his strength. His advantage isn't really made up of his length at par 5s and short par 4s.
                                                                                                      He is average enough for accuracy alright but so much better than other long hitters that he makes up for it

*+ To show just how good he is compared to other big hitters
                                                                                                      I may be wrong but i am sure he did not have to change his clubs this year like all the other big hitters because he never used the clubs with the bigger grooves, something like his club head speed was too fast for those clubs, so he was playing with less forgiving clubs than the others and still nailing the par 5's

any tourni he is in, he is usually one of the better scorers on par 5's at end of week

I Think he set an eagle record for the masters at the weekend!?

Always nails the par 5's at wider courses and major courses if not wide tend to be a little forgiving

really tight courses tend to hurt him because of his driving accuracy but anywhere else he can make up

Not really a dig at tiger
                                                                                                      I just mean Phil has all the shots, can do magic around the greens etc
                                                                                                      Tiger is obviously (obviously!!!) quality but Phil is Phil

And lol at the adjustment to them thinking that his edge was in being long was to make the courses longer. I always laughed at that!
                                                                                                      I always found it weird/funny myself
                                                                                                      I faintly remember some players complaining they were doing it to help tiger not hurt him
                                                                                                      Last edited by Guest; 12-04-10, 18:36. Reason: *

Comment

Earlier in the thread you wrote "this is not a troll"

Now you admit you were winding everyone up.

Its getn very fkn old to be fair. To have to skip tru such drivel when trying to read serious opinions on such a great event isnt needed.

on seperate note - anyone lay me tiger not to win a major this year? or one of his 4 next four events?
                                                                                                        interested in offer!
                                                                                                        GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by ONE TIME View Post
                                                                                                          take Furyk please
                                                                                                          monies shipped

Comment

No, I don't know the exact figures but Tiger is deffo the best par 5 player among the top golfers. His lifetime average would be way ahead of any other top player. He is also one of the bigger drivers off the tee, his accuracy would be off but he is without doubt the greatest shot maker so he gets away with a lower accuracy %.

Driving is only a small part of the game, accuracy with 200 yard+ second shots is much more important and of course chipping and putting for when you miss the green in two.
                                                                                                            'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                              Earlier in the thread you wrote "this is not a troll"

Now you admit you were winding everyone up.

Its getn very fkn old to be fair. To have to skip tru such drivel when trying to read serious opinions on such a great event isnt needed.

on seperate note - anyone lay me tiger not to win a major this year? or one of his 4 next four events?
                                                                                                              interested in offer!
                                                                                                              Well you OBV didnt read everything i said then.

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                                                                interested in offer!
                                                                                                                Id love to lay you the first part but id say you would be betting very big. He won't win anything this year and i stand by that.

The 2nd part is ridiculous considering we don't even know what 4 events they will be!

Comment

Originally posted by Elshambo View Post
                                                                                                                  major courses if not wide tend to be a little forgiving

Am I reading this right ? I would thought the opposite and courses set up for majors would be the least forgiving

Comment

all the majors are set up different,
                                                                                                                    the masters in augusta has very wide fairways, and no heavy rough, a few trees but u can make shots around them, it comes down to imaginative chipping and excellent putting. (hense mickelson always does so well there)
                                                                                                                    the us open is always set up with redic narrow fairways, and redic heavy rough, its all about driving well, its the least forgiving tourney in the world, and often won with an over par score. (also us open courses are set up with only 2 par 5s usually).
                                                                                                                    the british open is on a links, in the wind, and is all about ball flight and imagination.
                                                                                                                    the pga is usually more about target golf, and hitting good irons in close.

therefore, u cant really say that major courses are set up forgiving, cause thats redic.

also, this years british open is at st andrews, and that course may as well of been designed specifically for tiger, (some of the fairways are 100 yards wide, driving accuracy is not needed at all), he won by 12 shots at the last open there (john daly won the prev one there). As long as tiger can walk he will win this this year.

Comment

He won by 5 shots the last time it was at St. Andrews, if you remember it Monty unexpectedly finished 2nd.

Comment

We'll see
                                                                                                                        Just did.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                                                                                                          Just did.
                                                                                                                          lol wut

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X