Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
    Writing was on wall yesterday for Karlsson I guess, probably should of got off, thought the each way was locked up though, even made sweat for the top ten (10/7) in the end. Got a bit out of Gallachar 9/5 top twenty. Had a monkey on Quiros just before he fucked up on 15 but think I'm about par for tournament if I count what going forward on Fowler in a top ten double with Karlsson, Hopefully goes better in phoenix later, have a few in semi contention.
    Fowler hit a nice eagle earlier.

was abit pissed off when Oglivy hit a double b on the par 5, hits back with 5 birdies on thee spin sweet, back in the mix.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
      Fowler hit a nice eagle earlier.

was abit pissed off when Oglivy hit a double b on the par 5, hits back with 5 birdies on thee spin sweet, back in the mix.
      GL with Oglivy, mine r out of it and i cant be bothered getting involved now, stopped enough golfers-horses-snooker-soccer for one day , just gonna sweat fowler top ten i think , edit which he seems to be fucking up nicely
      Last edited by nicnicnic; 06-02-11, 20:45.

Comment

Stuck 16 quid on Ogilvy on Thurs at 55. Be nice to get a sweat is he teeing off at 20 past 9?

Comment

GL with Oglivy, mine r out of it and i cant be bothered getting involved now, stopped enough golfers-horses-snooker-soccer for one day , just gonna sweat fowler top ten i think , edit which he seems to be fucking up nicely
          LOL and then chips ifor eagle to make it all better

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
            Stuck 16 quid on Ogilvy on Thurs at 55. Be nice to get a sweat is he teeing off at 20 past 9?

well in it. t off any sec

Comment

Bogey birdie after two holes I sense an exciting round oncoming.

Comment

Originally posted by Solskjaer View Post
                LOL and then chips ifor eagle to make it all better
                and in bits again

Comment

3 birdies in a row -15. 1 time pls.

Comment

Originally posted by Aya14 View Post
                    3 birdies in a row -15. 1 time pls.

he seems to bounce back from bogeys very well, it seemed to make him more determined. looks to be the time for the eccentric golfer with tommy two gloves up there and bubba last week.

Wilson looks very relaxed unfortunately. someone shout 'jackass' when he's shooting.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77NVTXiKv94"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77NVTXiKv94[/ame]

Comment

bogey agian but dont despair he'll hit 5 birdies the back 9 he loves it.

Comment

Only a couple of hours play left tonight anyway he'll be banging in the back 9 birdies tomorrow

Comment

He may need to rattle off a few eagles at this rate

Comment

Such an immense 17th this is.

Really adds to the drama.
                            Last edited by The C Kid; 07-02-11, 17:11.

Comment

2 gloves implode just backed Gary Woodland into an e/w for me at 180-1, happy days
                              His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Elliot goes for Kaymer and the 6s disappear, I'm not having 5/1, 13/2 Rory, no thanks!

Comment

nice three-ball teeing at 8.20

Comment

Am I wrong in thinking H.Stenson is value at 7/4 in a 3 ball with Garcia(6/4) and D.Howell(13/5)?

Comment

nice three-ball teeing at 8.20
                                      Tiger says its the toughest opening 3 ball he's played in since U.S Open '08

Any value in laying Tiger?

Comment

HAving another go at Goya @150/1 hopefully he can have 4 good rounds instead of 2 good and 2 average like the last few weeks..

will reserve judgement on the big guys until after the first round.

Also like the look of 100/1 about david howell who could be on the way back.
                                        Last edited by Jaysoose; 09-02-11, 22:14.

Comment

Going for Gary Woodland again this week 110/1. He has finished 2nd and 5th in 4 starts.

His 2 decent finishes came on open courses. Courses this week are pretty wide open and he bombs it so should suit him as opposed to Torrey Pines which was a lot tighter.
                                          Last edited by elbows; 10-02-11, 12:22.
                                          His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Karlsson and Oosty weren't in the field for Dubai.
                                            Backed JB Holmes and Stuart Appleby in the States.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaysoose View Post
                                              HAving another go at Goya @150/1 hopefully he can have 4 good rounds instead of 2 good and 2 average like the last few weeks..

will reserve judgement on the big guys until after the first round.

Also like the look of 100/1 about david howell who could be on the way back.
                                              any chance you did him with VC, get paid as winner if hole in one

Comment

I think I will have a go off Tiger at 12/1, he is out early and I just have a good feeling he will put a good round together, also might back Hari tomorrow he was 12/1 a while ago

Comment

All I want now is for it to start blowing a gael, great round by tiger

Comment

any chance you did him with VC, get paid as winner if hole in one
                                                    Didnt back him in the end, good job as he is likely gonna miss the cut with a coupld of scruffy looking cards. use PP for sports betting so didnt see the VC offer. BE funny though to get paid out as winner and he misses the cut.

Hole in one was sweet though and we will be seeing the replay all weekend when i get to watch the coverage instead of being in work hitting f5 repeatedly.

Comment

Didnt back him in the end, good job as he is likely gonna miss the cut with a coupld of scruffy looking cards. use PP for sports betting so didnt see the VC offer. BE funny though to get paid out as winner and he misses the cut.

Hole in one was sweet though and we will be seeing the replay all weekend when i get to watch the coverage instead of being in work hitting f5 repeatedly.
                                                      If you backed him you would have got paid at 150/1 , you left that one slip

Comment

Originally posted by TheImprover View Post
                                                        If you backed him you would have got paid at 150/1 , you left that one slip
                                                        YEah i missed a trick there alright, kinda the way its going at present...

Comment

Crazy market here, really shows how much the perception of Tiger has changed over the last 14 months.

Prices are insane.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                            Crazy market here, really shows how much the perception of Tiger has changed over the last 14 months.

Prices are insane.
                                                            2 years ago tiger would be 4/6 I reckon

Comment

Tiger's price will surely contract now before tee-off tomorrow barring McILOLry holing this.

Comment

are they all finished now until final day??

what time does it start at? trying to get into it - interest bet on tiger
                                                                GAA News Website

Comment

Originally posted by Semibluff View Post
                                                                  are they all finished now until final day??

what time does it start at? trying to get into it - interest bet on tiger
                                                                  Yeah, all finished for day.

I'd say leaders will be out around 8-45 or 9-00 GMT tomorrow. Looks like Tiger with Sergio in 4th last group for me, but not confirmed.

Comment

Solid start from Alvaro.

Surely he'll chuck in a double somewhere.

Comment

Solid start from Alvaro.

Surely he'll chuck in a double somewhere.
                                                                      hopefully worse

Comment

lol playing 4 out of a tree
                                                                        Last edited by nicnicnic; 13-02-11, 10:07.

Comment

Hello golf tournament.

Game on now.

Comment

if I can get out on this it'll feel like some result

Comment

if I can get out on this it'll feel like some result
                                                                              Who do you want?

Comment

what would of happened Quiros if he couldn't identify the ball in the three ?

poor Sergio

Comment

Who do you want?
                                                                                  rory/wastewood/phansen/gallacher/aiken hansen and gallacher top ten would help, probably not finished yet

Comment

McIlroy's putting has been so poor, wonder is it the contacts? Must be tough in that kind of weather with the sand in the air etc.

If he couldn't identify the ball would it just have been a lost ball?

Comment

Alvaro got the big heart, that was an incredible birdie on the hardest hole after the triple.

Comment

McIlroy's putting has been so poor, wonder is it the contacts? Must be tough in that kind of weather with the sand in the air etc.

If he couldn't identify the ball would it just have been a lost ball?

yeah lost ball, but whats the procedure considering previous shot was from a penalty drop, back their again for 5th ?

Comment

wow, VC loving that

Comment

wow!!!

Comment

Sick, what a shot.

Comment

come on now Al, back up a tree with you

Comment

hmm got my tree answer

Comment

Slept in this morning...got up and couldnt believe the state of the leaderboard..had 25 @6/4 on quiros in running though..good par save on 17 and a birdi on 18 would be a nice start to the day.

Comment

Slept in this morning...got up and couldnt believe the state of the leaderboard..had 25 @6/4 on quiros in running though..good par save on 17 and a birdi on 18 would be a nice start to the day.

banned for sleeping in when this was on

Comment

banned for sleeping in when this was on
                                                                                                        I blame superquinn for selling me 6 Bottles of Sierra nevada pale ale. for €12.Wont happen again..

Comment

@andrewseaman is worth a follow on twitter. Tweets once a week on a wednesday with a couple of tips and he booked wilson @ 80s 2 weeks ago and he had one pick in america (marino, also 80s) lastweek and hit the post.

Comment

I'm backing Charles Howell in Riviera this week. I'll prob back Karlsson aswell. Fancy him for a win or 2 in the US this year. He's getting closer to that 2008 form and on that form he's top 5 in the world IMO.

Comment

Anders Ramaro is worth a few quid at 12/1 for top ten with extrabet. Caught him at exactly the same price last year when he finished joint 5th, 3rd the previous year. Has no real current form going into it, but was the same last year and I think defo worth a shout at 12s.

I backed Finch and Strange, 7/2 and 4/1 top tens in India, don't think I'll bother with that one after that.
                                                                                                              Last edited by nicnicnic; 16-02-11, 23:30.

Comment

Good Tweet IMO

Andrew Seaman
                                                                                                                One for the Open Championship: H Mahan. Take any three figure prices: 125 @ WillHill 100 @ VC. They will be long gone come July.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                                                                                  Good Tweet IMO
                                                                                                                  yeah 125 looked very big alright, went to have 100 ew n got offered a tenner

Comment

Right i have

Charles Howell @ 95s
                                                                                                                    R. Karlsson @ 55s
                                                                                                                    S. Appleby @ 180s

Have all 3 in top 5 markets too.

Good Luck all.

Comment

Right i have

Charles Howell @ 95s
                                                                                                                      R. Karlsson @ 55s
                                                                                                                      S. Appleby @ 180s

Have all 3 in top 5 markets too.

Good Luck all.
                                                                                                                      Giddy the fuck up App. Into 14s now.

Comment

Giddy the fuck up App. Into 14s now.
                                                                                                                        Seriously, two holes later. heartbreaking stuff.

Comment

Backed Goosen last night @ 33/1, just looks like he is due one...although he always does probably the most frustrating golfer for a punter in the world.

Nothing in indian open..may as well stick a pin in the paper for that one.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X