Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kpnuts View Post
    Betfred has enhanced Europe to 2/1 (max 200) until 2pm today.
    SJ & totesport also gone 2s for the moment too, probably just to match Fred for the couple of hours, if anyone fancies a partisan wager and can get on!
    betfred own totesport = same prices

I'm punting Europe in the foursomes for both sessions, and to win it outright with the intention of trading out.

fully expect Kaymer to perform but dont think he'll get more the 3 matches

Looking at Simpson for top debutant at 3/1. He will play with Buba and both could play all matches if they start well as they did in the presidents cup last year. ugg
    Last edited by nicnicnic; 27-09-12, 22:11.

Comment

Bubba at 20/1 for top point scorer and Sergio at 9/1 for European top scorer, my only bets on this.
      Bubba looks good value, should play 4 or 5 matches and the course suits him.

Comment

donald and mcdowell for me at 16s and 20s respectively for top scorer. looking forward to a bumper weekend of sport

Comment

US player Bubba Watson: "Well, it's the United States flag. You know, the military, the military that wears our flag everywhere they go, they give us freedom to play golf, to play the Ryder Cup."

sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by puremagpie View Post
            donald and mcdowell for me at 16s and 20s respectively for top scorer. looking forward to a bumper weekend of sport
            Where's Donald @ 16's thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by thedini View Post
              Where's Donald @ 16's thanks.
              got him on betfair earlier mate. gone to 12.5 now

Comment

Foursome pairings for tomorrow

McIlroy/McDowell v Furyk/Snedeker
                Donald/Garcia v Mickelson/Bradley
                Westwood/Molinari v Duffner/Z Johnson
                Poulter/Rose v Stricker/Woods

Comment

foursome prices after totally flipping in the last twenty minutes - boyles Europe 7/4 into 1/1 US 6/5 out to 2/1

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
                    foursome prices after totally flipping in the last twenty minutes - boyles Europe 7/4 into 1/1 US 6/5 out to 2/1
                    Europe look good for 2.5-1.5 i think

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
                      Europe look good for 2.5-1.5 i think
                      possibly, I think they'll win the session anyway, although the value is gone now 15/8 7/4 around all week.

was surprised by Love's call to go with Zack & Duff, thought he go with buba and web, bad news for my Simpson to debutant bet.

what do people think the european afternoon fourballs groups will be

Comment

what do people think the european afternoon fourballs groups will be
                        will everyone get a game tomo?

Comment

Has this started if so is there a live link to watch cheers

Comment

Originally posted by spoofingjam View Post
                            will everyone get a game tomo?
                            I think so

I think we'll see Lawrie/Colsaerts together for sure

figure how the morning goes and whose producing the goods will effect the other pairings
                            Last edited by nicnicnic; 27-09-12, 23:38.

Comment

...was thinking of lumping into europe to win outright, think 6/4 is a great price for what is a very tight match... but was looking through the betting, and europe to win by 1-3 points is 10/3...i think this is incredible value...shocked to see such odds for this...also think Europe will be clear favourate for the foursomes...

Comment

like the donal/garcia and woods/ stricker double for starters. if going pear shaped will bet in running.

Comment

PP going 4/1 on Europe for new phone accounts.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                    ...was thinking of lumping into europe to win outright, think 6/4 is a great price for what is a very tight match... but was looking through the betting, and europe to win by 1-3 points is 10/3...i think this is incredible value...shocked to see such odds for this...also think Europe will be clear favourate for the foursomes...
                                    If your looking at lumping on Europe take the +1.5pts to be safer.

Comment

On Poulter/Rose in the foursomes. C'mon Europe!!
                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Great opening tee. Loved the way Olazabal was straight over smiling and laughing after the tee shot instead of looking worried. Rory fancies the 2nd shot though!.

Comment

Took Westwood/Molinari in the foresomes

Comment

Note sure which is worse..monty commentating or US fans cheering every euro mistake

Comment

Originally posted by D3kka View Post
                                              Note sure which is worse..monty commentating or US fans cheering every euro mistake
                                              Its close, but I reckon Monty is

Comment

"Ah leave it out", this is the ryder cup theres meant to be plenty of booing and hate. And am i the only one who likes Monty and his analysis.
                                                Its Ewen Murray you should be hating on. Where has he got to these days though?

Comment

Woods is all over the shop.

Comment

Woods and Westwood both out to stink it up in the last match of the fourballs

Comment

Small piece of Rory and GMAC @ 7
                                                      I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Went to back Cols/Westy earlier, they were 4.6. Got greedy and stuck a trade in at 6.

FML, 1.5 now.

Comment

Some effort from the States this afternoon. Seen a tweet that I agreed with.

"If Faldo had picked them fourball pairings he would have been vilified"

Also, Poults said he found out yesterday that he would be benched. That's crazy. Surely the game plan changes with a hot player out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
                                                            Some effort from the States this afternoon. Seen a tweet that I agreed with.

"If Faldo had picked them fourball pairings he would have been vilified"

Also, Poults said he found out yesterday that he would be benched. That's crazy. Surely the game plan changes with a hot player out there.
                                                            my Jaw dropped when I saw the European pairings for the afternoon

Comment

my Jaw dropped when I saw the European pairings for the afternoon
                                                              Ye me too.

I'm delighted that Colsaerts is playing well. Delighted for him and delighted that we probably won't have to hear "Harrington wouldn't be doing that" dribble.

Comment

Surely we don't see Hanson or Lawrie till Sunday now. Maybe Kaymer aswell if he doesn't get his act together. Doesn't matter if he has no bogeys on the card. He's put out there in that format to go get birdies and having none through 9 is inexcusable.

Comment

Surely we don't see Hanson or Lawrie till Sunday now. Maybe Kaymer aswell if he doesn't get his act together. Doesn't matter if he has no bogeys on the card. He's put out there in that format to go get birdies and having none through 9 is inexcusable.
                                                                  Westwood ?

Kaymer can turn this around (ok I may be nuts)

Comment

Forget Monty, that aviva car insurance cork langer ad on sky will have us sick of the ryder cup by sunday.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                      Forget Monty, that aviva car insurance cork langer ad on sky will have us sick of the ryder cup by sunday.
                                                                      that's sideshowbob

Comment

Colsaerts on fire

Comment

that's sideshowbob

Comment

Westwood ?

Kaymer can turn this around (ok I may be nuts)
                                                                            Kind of feel that if Europe are gonna contend they need Lee to lead and he will probably be given the chance.

Someone get a gif of that tiger celebration pronto.

Comment

Kind of feel that if Europe are gonna contend they need Lee to lead and he will probably be given the chance.

Someone get a gif of that tiger celebration pronto.
                                                                              or his face when that dropped

Comment

colsaerts eagle and 8 birdies..some golf

Comment

when do they announce the teams for tomorrow morning ?

Comment

when do they announce the teams for tomorrow morning ?
                                                                                    dont know if you are still lookimg..
                                                                                    Full Saturday foursomes line-ups

1320 Webb Simpson and Bubba Watson v Justin Rose and Ian Poulter
                                                                                    1335 Keegan Bradley and Phil Mickelson v Lee Westwood and Luke Donald
                                                                                    1350 Jason Dufner and Zach Johnson v Nicolas Colsaerts and Sergio Garcia
                                                                                    1405 Jim Furyk and Brandt Snedeker v Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell

...like our teams, best 8 players out there imo...hoping mickelson has one of his off days and brings down bradley...
                                                                                    still confident of european victory...need a lead in this session...

Comment

I don't understand some of the captain's choices. Woods dropped for the first time ever in the Ryder Cup, he played well in the fourball when he probably should have been dropped.
                                                                                      Olazabal putting out Lawrie and Hanson first in the fourball was strange to say the list. Poulter being dropped etc etc.
                                                                                      Last edited by thedini; 29-09-12, 07:05.

Comment

Early matches

Tie
                                                                                        USA
                                                                                        USA
                                                                                        Europe

Having a bit of Johnson and Dufner, standout foursome price in the morning games imo.
                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Hanson is in our strongest 8 players. Doesn't look like he'll be given much of a chance this Ryder cup. His game is perfect for foursomes. Baffled by some of Ollys pairings so far and impressed by DL3's choices.

So far it's the difference between the captains that is reflected on the scoreboard.

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post

...like our teams, best 8 players out there imo
                                                                                            Westwood isn't in the top 80 never mind 8 and he very nearly cost Colsaerts a full point after one of the greatest Ryder Cup rounds

Comment

...
                                                                                              "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Looking for afternoon 4balls please?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                  Looking for afternoon 4balls please?
                                                                                                  D Johnson/Matt Kuchar v Colsaerts/Lawrie
                                                                                                  Watson/Simpson v Rose/Molinari
                                                                                                  Woods/Stricker v Garcia/Donald
                                                                                                  McIlroy/Poulter v Dufner/Z Johnson
                                                                                                  Last edited by KevIRL; 29-09-12, 16:55.

Comment

Backed Cols/Lawrie, hoping Cols' fourball game is as good as yesterday, also backed halved in the McIlroy/Poults match @ 7

Comment

I dont know which is worse
                                                                                                      the european players or that over played f$cking annoying eircom add on the breaks

ok im done

Comment

On Keegan, Kucher and Mollinari in todays singles, not expecting much drama in terms of a tight finish.
                                                                                                        Profit before people.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                          On Keegan, Kucher and Mollinari in todays singles, not expecting much drama in terms of a tight finish.
                                                                                                          Lol, they were 3 of the first 4 I ruled out

Comment

Colsaerts 11/10 v D Johnson (should be a great match, Colsaerts consistency should prevail though)
                                                                                                            Dufner 8/13 v Hanson (Hanson very little game time, would expect Dufner to eat him up)
                                                                                                            Kaymer 5/4 v Stricker (Kaymer hasn't played much but I was impressed enough with the bit we did see, Strickers confidence very low)
                                                                                                            "the impossible is often untried"

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                                              Also surely backing Kuch and Molinari in what will most likely become dead rubbers is insane

Comment

I suggest doing the earlier 2-balls for truer results. Gets messy for the tail enders when its technically over.

Comment

Originally posted by rounders123 View Post
                                                                                                                  I suggest doing the earlier 2-balls for truer results. Gets messy for the tail enders when its technically over.
                                                                                                                  was just thinking about this - all the late game draw prices are shortening but AFAIK there's an agreement put in place two cups ago to play out all the matches - Whether that's still in place IDK

Comment

was just thinking about this - all the late game draw prices are shortening but AFAIK there's an agreement put in place two cups ago to play out all the matches - Whether that's still in place IDK
                                                                                                                    yeah but they play them out hollowly. Said years ago id never do a late 2-ball on the final day againas ive been dont with laughable gimmies. So even though they play them out they play them out hollowly. Like US have it wrapped up and you have the 2nd last US 2-ball to win and the US player is giving Europe 4ft gimmies for a halved hole so they can join the celebrations as soon as possible.

Comment

Remember McGinley conceding a fierce long putt to give the Americans a half point. All matches are pointless once the Cup is won.

Comment

Bookies offering 12-0 to Europe 300/1

Back all of the Europeans to win in an accum circa 6500/1

Comment

Originally posted by White Knight View Post
                                                                                                                          Bookies offering 12-0 to Europe 300/1

Back all of the Europeans to win in an accum circa 6500/1
                                                                                                                          so that means it you have €10 on either you get €0 back - sorry I'll get my coat

it is pretty shitty to prey on the uninformed like that

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X