No announcement yet.

Golf-Betting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy that Ernie put on the breaks. What's going on with Rory? in work and can't see.

My two horses are at the post now. Come on.

Comment

Originally posted by Silver-Tiger View Post
      Happy that Ernie put on the breaks. What's going on with Rory? in work and can't see.

My two horses are at the post now. Come on.
      Rory just one of many that this course doesn't suit - hence the pre tournament price, for whatever reason a large amount of pro's seem to make known their dislike of this course, more so then any other course i can think of.

Comment

Originally posted by nicnicnic View Post
        Rory just one of many that this course doesn't suit - hence the pre tournament price, for whatever reason a large amount of pro's seem to make known their dislike of this course, more so then any other course i can think of.
        Right, never heard him say it. I remember Harrington pulled out of a few of these because he didn't feel he could win on the course. Mind you getting beaten by Woosnam in the twilight of his career in a 36 hole matchplay final will do that to you.

He did place a few years ago though i think.

I have Rory down for the Memorial in a few weeks. He placed there in 3rd gear last year and 9 out of the top 10 in the world are there this time so his price should be semi-fair.

Comment

I see Palmer is on the same Rose/Zach double for a 256k return. Did he write that is the RP yday does anyone know?

Comment

I see Palmer is on the same Rose/Zach double for a 256k return. Did he write that is the RP yday does anyone know?

Was chatting with a m8 just now, he's about the 5th to say to me they're on that double since yesterday - he said Palmer just tipped both separately not the double
            - Elliot tipped both as well ( don't know if he tipped the double but I'd say good chance he did)
            the guys at http://www.golfbettingsystem.co.uk had both as there main tips and tipped the double.

possibly a catastrophic result for bookmakers
            Last edited by nicnicnic; 24-05-12, 22:05.

Comment

looks like the Thursday evening Friday morning groups had a 5-6 shot or even more advantage - there in bits out there

looking at the forecast that advantage seems to be in place over the weekend for the later groups http://www.myweather2.com/Golf-Cours...-Club-Ltd.aspx
              Last edited by nicnicnic; 25-05-12, 19:48.

Comment

Lol, Zach -3 thru 2 in rd 2, eagled the first and birdied the second.

Bookies shitting bricks alright.
                I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

Whats the story with sky sports not showing the golf today?

Comment

It's on BBC1 at 2.15, then BBC2 at 4.45. As far as I know BBC always had the PGA in some form so probably just the weekend this year.

Comment

Beginning to understand why so many don't like going here - top players looking like 10 handicappers. Harrington always maintained playing here was detrimental to his swing and wasn't worth it as it set him back from where he wanted to be at this time of year - that logic is very evident this week.

Comment

Punting is great craic, funking hard for Dufner last week, funking hard against him this week.

Great sweat tomorrow with this double, hope I'm able to watch it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lazare View Post
                          Punting is great craic, funking hard for Dufner last week, funking hard against him this week.

Great sweat tomorrow with this double, hope I'm able to watch it.
                          GL you & Silver with that double funking for ye, looks like a real bad week for bookies either way with probably 80% of EW doubles involving the top two ATM in both events, but if your double binks, we'll be reading about it in the mainstream press.
                          Last edited by nicnicnic; 26-05-12, 22:51.

Comment

Nervous.

Comment

Nervous.
                              Me too. I'm in the airport, I need sunglasses, gonna wait until tomorrow though, might be able to buy a good pair.

Comment

Who do we fancy in the Crowne Plaza? Duffman or Big Zach?

Comment

Originally posted by Terry Phelan View Post
                                  Who do we fancy in the Crowne Plaza? Duffman or Big Zach?
                                  I've never heard either player being called by those monikers

Comment

I like to make up my own nicknames... Had the Duck backed today so thinking of reinvesting this evening

Comment

Ernie is a funny guy
                                      Does a youtube clip exist of this outburst!?

Comment

So so sweet, nice one Silver, great shout. Hopefully a few more were on it.

E/W doubles aren't something I'm terribly used to, have I calculated this right, €10 e/w @ 20/1 and 12/1 = €510 return?

Have my eye on a nice pair of sunglasses over here, wanna make sure though before I splurge

Comment

Jesus i nearly died there. Zach forgets to replace his marker and gets a 2 shot penalty to win by 1. Thank God he was told before he signed.

What a week for me. Been waiting for one like this for a while.

Well done Lazare aswell.

Comment

So so sweet, nice one Silver, great shout. Hopefully a few more were on it.

E/W doubles aren't something I'm terribly used to, have I calculated this right, €10 e/w @ 20/1 and 12/1 = €510 return?

Have my eye on a nice pair of sunglasses over here, wanna make sure though before I splurge
                                            Sorry to burst your bubble Conor, Calc says e240 and i'm not sure if that is right.

Comment

Sorry to burst your bubble Conor, Calc says e240 and i'm not sure if that is right.
                                              €10 @ 5/1 (1/4 of Rose's price) = €60 inc stake on Johnson e/w @ 12/1, (30 on the win @ 12/1 and 30 on the place @ 3/1)

Win = 360 + 30
                                              Place = 90 + 30

What am I doing wrong?

Comment

€10 @ 5/1 (1/4 of Rose's price) = €60 inc stake on Johnson e/w @ 12/1, (30 on the win @ 12/1 and 30 on the place @ 3/1)

Win = 360 + 30
                                                Place = 90 + 30

What am I doing wrong?
                                                You only get E/W on both of them I think

Comment

You don't get paid on Zach winning

Comment

Win = 360 + 30
                                                    Place = 90 + 30

What am I doing wrong?
                                                    if only it was that easy, its quater the odds on all bets, cause of the place

Comment

Basic ew double is two lines, win/win and place/place. Once Rose lost the 'win' line lost, so Zach winning was irrelevant. The place line won so you get a quarter of each of the odds.

Comment

Ah right, can't complain.

Fake raybans off the Jiggy Jiggy man so.

Comment

Win = 360 + 30
                                                          Place = 90 + 30

What am I doing wrong?
                                                          best way to explain it is, 10 EW double = 2 bets, one double at win odds, one at place odds

so your bet was

€10 win double 20/1 12/1 which is a loser
                                                          €10 place double 5/1 3/1 which is a winner - returns = €240

Comment

I'm having a cut at Rory, i have had him lined up for this one in a while. 5th and 10th in his last 2 starts here without playing particularly well. Sawgrass and Wenthwort are prob his worst 2 courses for the year so i'm not too worried about that. People are forgetting less than 4 weeks ago he was in a playoff. He likes it at this course and i really think he wants Jack's tourney. I never back the weezel so i'm going for it. It's when to back him is the question. I can get 14s now. Do ya think he will go 16s tomorrow? I can't see him getting tipped.

The qualifying for the US open was in Walton Heath yday. An 82 man field and Rafa Jaq qualified. He missed the cut last week but he generally does well and muck field Euro events. He's 100s in powers for the wales open. I'm having some e/w on that. That's more than a fair enough price.

Comment

I'm having a cut at Rory, i have had him lined up for this one in a while. 5th and 10th in his last 2 starts here without playing particularly well. Sawgrass and Wenthwort are prob his worst 2 courses for the year so i'm not too worried about that. People are forgetting less than 4 weeks ago he was in a playoff. He likes it at this course and i really think he wants Jack's tourney. I never back the weezel so i'm going for it. It's when to back him is the question. I can get 14s now. Do ya think he will go 16s tomorrow? I can't see him getting tipped.

The qualifying for the US open was in Walton Heath yday. An 82 man field and Rafa Jaq qualified. He missed the cut last week but he generally does well and muck field Euro events. He's 100s in powers for the wales open. I'm having some e/w on that. That's more than a fair enough price.
                                                              Haven't an opinion on what way his price will go. Power could possibly enhance him in the shops.

Noticed recently that Lads general prices can vary from shop to online - yesterday for example Noren ( obvious enough that his price would shrink ) was best priced 25/1 with them on oddschecker but 33/1 was available in shops. Same thing a couple of weeks ago with Zack in the players 50/1 online 66s in shop. I knew this could happen a lot on football matches but just noticing it re the golf

Comment

Going with Peterson and Sterne
                                                                His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Webb Simpson @36 is my horse.

Also all over him at 4.4 for a top ten.

Comment

BO VAN PELT E.W 40/1 all the way

Comment

Added Watney @ 86 and Overton @ 280 aswell.

Gl Fellas

Comment

Going to stick with Brenden Grace on this.130/1
                                                                        Cons- Never played this course before
                                                                        Never played in American tournament ( I think)
                                                                        4 out of last 5 winners have been American

Pros,- In excellent form, 2 wins and a fifth last week
                                                                        Is a long hitter and high percentage of fairways hit.

Also Rory Mclroy, too much value in the 16/1 and have a feeling
                                                                        he is eager to show what he can do again.

Comment

Sounds impressive from Tiger today. Pity about the putting. As usual.

Nice recovery from Rory too. Thought I was going to get a good 3 weeks in a row laughing at him.

Gonna be a fun tourny this, got a good feeling.

Comment

Ugh +6 for Webb, ugly stuff.

Comment

Absolutely super round from Rafa.

Comment

I read Ben Coley's tip for Tiger on Tuesday but obviously dismissed it and didn't pull the trigger. May pay closer attention to him in future.

Comment

Nice place with sterne last week, estes in the states and Richard Johnson in Europe
                                                                                  His rival it seems, had broken his dreams,By stealing the girl of his fancy.Her name was Magill, and she called herself Lil,But everyone knew her as Nancy.

Comment

Just Olesen in Sweden this week. Nobody in the states.

Comment

I've backed David Toms @ 23 in the St Jude's, rated highly by four separate tipsters, he loves this track.

Comment

golf is being a bitch lately. im going with podge. on the nose. fook that each way shit.

Comment

Going for 2 grinders in the us open, Harri and jacobsen, think the course will be unplayable with reasonable winds and dry weather all week.

Comment

What's my play on Rose? He is my main selection this week.
                                                                                            Back him today or tomorrow?

I can see him getting tipped but major weeks sometimes go big on everyone on the Wednesday.

Comment

What's my play on Rose? He is my main selection this week.
                                                                                              Back him today or tomorrow?

I can see him getting tipped but major weeks sometimes go big on everyone on the Wednesday.
                                                                                              I'd say take the 33/1 with PP - you wont get better

Comment

I'd say take the 33/1 with PP - you wont get better
                                                                                                Taken.

So far the stable is (all e/w)

Rose @ 33s in PP
                                                                                                Furyk @ 40s in Laddies
                                                                                                Bubba @ 50s in VC (7 places)

Will add Phil i think on BF later FTW.

Comment

Taken.

So far the stable is (all e/w)

Rose @ 33s in PP
                                                                                                  Furyk @ 40s in Laddies
                                                                                                  Bubba @ 50s in VC (7 places)

Will add Phil i think on BF later FTW.
                                                                                                  Where's Watney ??

Surprise surprise, I backed Kaymer 66/1 EW on Monday

thinking of a small bet on Buba at 50/1 he's worth a few quid at that I feel

I'll have a bet on Tiger if I can get 10/1 tomorrow

Anyone thinking of punting Westwood, betfair fixed odds are best price - 14/1

Comment

Where's Watney ??

Surprise surprise, I backed Kaymer 66/1 EW on Monday

thinking of a small bet on Buba at 50/1 he's worth a few quid at that I feel

I'll have a bet on Tiger if I can get 10/1 tomorrow

Anyone thinking of punting Westwood, betfair fixed odds are best price - 14/1
                                                                                                    Watney's natural right to left has me not going near him this week. Plus the fact he has been playing about as well as i have this term and he cost me a fortune.

I like Kaymer's power fade for here but i missed the 66/1 boat and prob won't back him. I'd love to know what has happened behind closed doors with him. I know tampering with his wing hurt his game but this much?!

I will prob take a cut at a fav if their price goes big tomorrow.

Jim Furyk is a good e/w bet @ 40s i think. 5 top 5s in previous opens including a victory in 03. He has the patience and can close a tourney when he is there or there abouts. He has had a solid enough season including 3 top 10s and a 2nd. He jumps of the Stats page aswell. Most notably with 2nd(1st for me if you consider he played 14 more rounds than gmac) in the driving accuracy percentage. 25 in GIR, 3rd in prox to the hole, 11th in scrambling. and 4th in scoring average. His career is better than a solitary Major and he is running out of time. 10s as a place for top 6 is more than fair.

Bubba is Bubba. Before last year i didn't think he was a major winning golfer. He has matured(as a golfer anyway) and figured out how to close tourneys. His form of late is a concern, but still he is 1st in driving distance and 2rd in GIR. Top 5 in 07 US open on one of the toughest set ups we've ever seen. The greens here are small so him hitting 9 irons out of the rough as opposed to his opponents hitting 5 or 6 will give him an edge. He can swing the ball both ways (but not straight) and as long he has the right head on him and a warm putter this week i think 50s (with 7 places in VC) is a good E/W bet.

My main bet is Justin Rose. A player a lot of people (myself included) have difficulty warming to. Since winning twice 2 years ago on the PGA tour he has looked a Major player and i don't think there is a better time to back him for a major. The courses he has won are all tough courses with major credentials. Memorial, Cog Hill, Aronmik, Doral. He recent form includes an explosive show in the match play where he was 15 under for 40 holes. 2nd in the Euro Pga to course specialist and WN1 Luke and then a very impressive 8th @ memorial only 4 days after 4 tough days in the sun against Luke across the water. Nice week off last week. Good sneaky long driver, very good long iron player, solid wedge player, superb bunker player around the greens and a solid putter. He has a couple of top 10s in a limited US open career. Hot putter this week and he's bang in the middle of this. 33s now gone and perhaps getting skinny though.

Comment

Think Michael Allen worth a go as 1st round leader 300/1 around his home course. He has won twice on champions tour and a top ten on the pga tour in 2012.

Comment

Tiger wins.

Comment

Originally posted by The C Kid View Post
                                                                                                          Tiger wins.

You backed him yet or looking for something tomorrow?

Comment

so hard to pick a winner from the outset. The first 6 holes are supposed to be horrendous, your tournie bet could be over before it even begins
                                                                                                            No value in my opinion antepost. I always back my bets mid way through day 3 - handful of players about 5 - 7 shots behind, great great prices to be got. had bubba in the masters at 63/1 in running.

Also with the course gonna be so tough cant see a runaway winner. 5/2 about a playoff is decent I think and at least you will still have an interest hopefully right up to the final hole.

Comment

You backed him yet or looking for something tomorrow?
                                                                                                              Hills rumoured to be going tens first thing in morning, so hope others might follow suit.

I reckon will be the last time for a while you'll get to back him at double figures for a Major. I'd be happy enough with 8s to be honest though.

Comment

I like Kaymer's power fade for here but i missed the 66/1 boat and prob won't back him. I'd love to know what has happened behind closed doors with him. I know tampering with his wing hurt his game but this much?!
                                                                                                                As an avid Kaymer watcher, he's not far off peaking. I noticed a kinda reckless streak creep into his game, IDK how to put it exactly, but he's been kinda playing like he knows he's not at 100% so he doesn't care, some of his shot choices (course management decisions) have been head scratching over the last few months. Watching him this year he just seemed a very uncharacteristic non-trier a lot of the time.

I guess it possible he could be going through something external affecting his play or simply a loss of commitment, but I rather believe he's been honing it for this week and the upcoming open championship.

Tiger wins.
                                                                                                                The more I think about it, the more I'm believing

Comment

Hills rumoured to be going tens first thing in morning, so hope others might follow suit.

I reckon will be the last time for a while you'll get to back him at double figures for a Major. I'd be happy enough with 8s to be honest though.
                                                                                                                  defo worth checking do powers enhance in the shops tomorrow - probably 50-50 chance they do

Comment

I've a big list at the minute and have to whittle it down. I'm not backing Tiger off the bat though, I'll wait until Friday night to do that and hope he is like 6 back or something.

I'll put mine up Thursday morning after I've got it down to maybe 6. Deffo backing Donald and Zach Johnson who for me are the two outstanding candidates given the way this course is set up. Rory at 20s is just too tempting even though he doesn't stand out for this. Its just I remember what he did last year.
                                                                                                                    'Mental Toughness is doing the right thing for the team when it's not the best thing for you' - Bill Belichick

Comment

Tiger 10s with WH.

Comment

Is VC the only place paying 7 places?

Comment

Originally posted by Keane View Post
                                                                                                                          Is VC the only place paying 7 places?
                                                                                                                          ye

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X