FIFA World Cup 2014 - Brazil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
    Won a couple of bets last night for a change, gonna throw it all back tonight On;

Uruguay
    Over 2.5 Japan
    Japan
    Japan -1
    2/4 is an improvement, not sure where to start tonight
    airport, lol

Comment

2/4 is an improvement, not sure where to start tonight
      I've had a torturous few days

I've enough outright bets on winners, top scorers etc to keep me interested but it's still nice to bet on matches to keep some interest.

My World Cup Final referee 100/1 bet is now 3/1. The favourite is 5/2. Really funking for this one to come in obv. He's doing the Germany/USA game so that could go for, or against him because everyone is expecting a stalemate for both teams to progress with the draw now 2/1, Stuck a little on Mark Geiger at 22/1 and he's 10/1 now so that would be 2nd prize as Nishimura seems to have ruled himself out after that horrid display in Brazil v Croatia. He's 20/1 tho and i have 66/1 so you never know!

I'm with mdoug on this one and going Iran, Arg, Fra and Swiss acca. Benzema to score a few would be nice for TS bet.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyCascarino View Post
        Colombia at 6/4 v Uruguay is what some people might call lumpage. If, and it's probably a big if, suarez is out this will look even better. Of course it's possible this could go the distance but 6/4 seems very big to me. Could go off shorter. Paddy power have also switched there mbs to refunds on certain markets if games go to penalties. I think this is generous as I can already see a couple that could go the distance. Also 25/1 outright on colombia looks a bet now.
        Colombia now 11/10 v Uruguay and 22/1 outright. I'll hold back on the self approbation however, as I did not back them myself yesterday....

Comment

Dzeko, Messi and Bezema anytime treble @11/2
          Bosnia, France and Switzerland treble.

Think the bet of the night is Bosnia. As good as Iran have been in defense, they can still go through with a win. This will make them change tactics which will been they have to open up a little. Bosnia's first world cup they will want to end on a high with their first even win. Be going in feeling hard done by with Dzeko's offside goal the last day too.

Comment

With your record I'm on Iran

Might follow ya with the anytime treble.

Benzema wincast is only bet as of now
            airport, lol

Comment

People really wanting to back Iran? Can't have them myself. Lot for me depends on line-ups should know better then.

Comment

With your record I'm on Iran

Might follow ya with the anytime treble.

Benzema wincast is only bet as of now
                prob a safe bet so, bad few nights. I'm due.

Comment

Messi dzeko and benzema all fgs @ 110s, you would have to.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                    People really wanting to back Iran? Can't have them myself. Lot for me depends on line-ups should know better then.
                    Yeah just another punt really.

If Argentina beat Nigeria 1-0, and Iran beat Bosnia 1-0, then both will finish with identical records and there will be nothing to differentiate between then and it will come down to an actual flip of some sort. I wouldn't be surprised to see both results happening tbh.

A 2+ goal win, or a high scoring 1 goal victory in either game affects everything so Iran need to win at all costs. Bosnia have had their chances and couldn't get the win needed. Dzeko's goal was harsh, but they were terrible in the game and if they couldn't get motivated for the Nigeria game, i don't see how they will get themselves up for the Iran game. I just kinda like the 11/4 on offer.

Comment

Bit of a joke that of the 5 South American sides in the comp, 4 play off against each other in the second round with the winners playing off in the 1/4 final.

If Colombia are to win the WC, they could have to beat Uruguay, Brazil, Germany and then Argentina. They have a horrible draw as the other side looks easier with Argie, Holland and France.
                      Last edited by Warper; 25-06-14, 14:36.

Comment

Hard to know what to make of todays matches really.

Small perms on lots of draws

Added a Higuain/Dzeko anytime double too
                        Last edited by Dice75; 25-06-14, 15:28.

Comment

Have actually taken france out of my accum today as I don't trust the frogs!
                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Dzeko/Aguero anytime double for me.

Comment

How much would an accum on Arg, Bosnia, Switz, Germany, Portugal, Belgium and France pay for 20e roughly?

Edit- in before the Rigger 0 comment

Comment

Not a bad sweat....
                                airport, lol

Comment

Cunt Aguero will never carry a penny of my dough again! Sicknote cunt

Comment

Not a bad sweat....
                                    You can lay him @ 9/2 to score first if you want lock up

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                      SPOILER

Not to jinx myself, but Benzema, Dzeko, Rooney an Kerzhakov all looking good in this bet. Pity about Aguero, i have a 4 fold but Aguero really added a bit of value to it (also Rooney tied, and Kerzhakov and Dzeko currently tied too, so I assume that'll mean the odds are cut in half).
                                      Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                        You can lay him @ 9/2 to score first if you want lock up
                                        I never really got/bothered to read about this laying craic, obviously I'm betting he won't score but how does odds work?

Think I'll let it ride..
                                        airport, lol

Comment

oh Messi...

Neymar and Messi both really giving the impression of one-man teams
                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I never really got/bothered to read about this laying craic, obviously I'm betting he won't score but how does odds work?

Think I'll let it ride..
                                            You play the bookie so you take someone's bet at 9/2.

e.g. If you have €10 at €110 then your return is €1110

You could take €100 at 9/2, so if Benzema doesn't score, you make €100 and if he does score, you owe 'him' €550 so you still get €560 back. Not sure how commission works though. mdoug lives on Betfair so he'll tell you!

Comment

Fingers crossed that Benzema starts for you today. Loads of changes expected, Deschamps said today he wasn't sure if he was going to start him or bring him on from the bench.

Opr

Comment

Originally posted by Flushdraw View Post
                                                You play the bookie so you take someone's bet at 9/2.

e.g. If you have €10 at €110 then your return is €1110

You could take €100 at 9/2, so if Benzema doesn't score, you make €100 and if he does score, you owe 'him' €550 so you still get €560 back. Not sure how commission works though. mdoug lives on Betfair so he'll tell you!
                                                Fuck my head isn't for that At this stage in the day, I'll ride it out..
                                                airport, lol

Comment

Gl Honda

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                                    Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                                    https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

#FRA XI vs #ECU: Lloris, Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Digne, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Matuidi, Sissoko, Benzema, Griezmann

Opr

Comment

Any team news yet?

Want Benzema to start for tgs as well.
                                                        Surprised he's only 1.7 bigger on Betfair than Neymar and Messi when he's a goal behind and both their teams are shorter in the outright betting.

Edit - Didn't refresh the page, exxxxcellent.
                                                        Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                        I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                        None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                          #FRA XI vs #ECU: Lloris, Sagna, Koscielny, Sakho, Digne, Pogba, Schneiderlin, Matuidi, Sissoko, Benzema, Griezmann

Opr
                                                          Sweet!
                                                          airport, lol

Comment

One time Honda gl

Comment

Originally posted by JohnOB View Post
                                                              Dzeko, Messi and Bezema anytime treble @11/2 Close
                                                              Bosnia, France and Switzerland treble. Thought was a cert vs 10 men, 20 shots too.

Think the bet of the night is Bosnia. As good as Iran have been in defense, they can still go through with a win. This will make them change tactics which will been they have to open up a little. Bosnia's first world cup they will want to end on a high with their first even win. Be going in feeling hard done by with Dzeko's offside goal the last day too.
                                                              Ugh, just ugh. 1/3, thought surely the French would do it.

Comment

Soooo tempted to lump my net worth on the draw in USA-Germany tomorrow.

It intrigues me so much because it's a situation where if it's a done deal, it is literally a done deal. There'd be no variance of a terrible refereeing decision or a goalkeeper mistake, if they've colluded, it 100% will be a draw.

I mentioned it to my friend, and he thought it a bit ridiculous that you're banking on USA and Germany to have actually agreed to play out a draw.

Do people think it'll likely be a draw because if it's close, no team will risk losing, or do people think that there genuinely will be a fairly explicit agreement to play out a draw? Any big lumpages?
                                                                Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Originally posted by Jam-Fly View Post
                                                                  Soooo tempted to lump my net worth on the draw in USA-Germany tomorrow.

It intrigues me so much because it's a situation where if it's a done deal, it is literally a done deal. There'd be no variance of a terrible refereeing decision or a goalkeeper mistake, if they've colluded, it 100% will be a draw.

I mentioned it to my friend, and he thought it a bit ridiculous that you're banking on USA and Germany to have actually agreed to play out a draw.

Do people think it'll likely be a draw because if it's close, no team will risk losing, or do people think that there genuinely will be a fairly explicit agreement to play out a draw? Any big lumpages?
                                                                  No.

There's an awful lot of 'ifs' there...

Comment

Ghana have sent home Kevin-Prince Boateng and Sulley Muntari.

Opr

Comment

Combination of obscure accums including an underdog special of USA Ghana and south Korea.
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

USA 1-0 was available at 45-1 last night. On today at just 28/1.
                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Germany, Ghana, Russia and Belgium -1 for me today, again for a tenner . Poor now
                                                                          Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Mirallas plays as the striker for Belgium. 13/5 anytime and 8/1 FGS.

Opr

Comment

Confirmed he starts upfront. Added the hat-tick with betfair just because they haven't changed the price. 125-1. Come on Kevin

Opr

Comment

Backed both games to go overs in a double.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                                                                                  Confirmed he starts upfront. Added the hat-tick with betfair just because they haven't changed the price. 125-1. Come on Kevin

Opr
                                                                                  Followed with a wincast.
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Algeria Belgium double
                                                                                    48

Comment

Added mirallas fgs
                                                                                      48

Comment

2 big accums waiting on Belgium today for like 1400 back and now they're down to 10.. Possible new least favourite country now, already hate a Belgian on my own football team!

edit: russia not winning made it a total of 350 back but . Happy
                                                                                        Last edited by mdoug; 26-06-14, 21:54.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Looking at the round of 16 games, Chile, Netherlands and Costa Rica all have good prices to win in 90 minutes.
                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Was just thinking about the World Cup referees. Bjorn Kuipers is the favourite for the final, but he's Dutch. At what stage will he not be allowed to officiate, providing Netherlands are still involved? I presume he wouldn't be able to get other semi-final, and should Netherlands get knocked out in the SF, could he still get the final?

Comment

Fair play to Unibet. Saw James Rodriguez was 27/5 anytime scorer with Oddschecker in today's game so dived in and stuck some €€ on it. Only realised after i placed the bet, that their link was wrong and i bet on C.Rodriguez from Uruguay. They cancelled the bet no problem for me.

Comment

Anyone else think Chile are big at 6's today?

Seems very big tbh.
                                                                                                This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                                                All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                                                                  Anyone else think Chile are big at 6's today?

Seems very big tbh.
                                                                                                  For sure.

Bar Neymar Brazil are very average.

Chile can certainly cause them problems going forward.

Problem is Chile aren't exactly rock solid at the back themselves.
                                                                                                  Originally posted by ArmaniJeans
                                                                                                  I like this heat - some proper music innit.
                                                                                                  None of the 'black disabled lesbian warbling backwards' stuff that the other players inflicted on me.

Comment

I played my whole tank on overs in the Brazil game.

Comment

Originally posted by Percy007 View Post
                                                                                                      I played my whole tank on overs in the Brazil game.
                                                                                                      I like this too. Of the 98 attacks Chile have had in their first 3 games, only 13 have come through the centre, so 85 came down the the flanks and we all know how much the Brazil full backs like to get forward so fancy them to create some chances. Only problem being that they've only had 14 shots on target, which is 21 less than Brazil. Still, over 2.5 is where i'm going too for this one. Not sure if Chile can get the job done in 90 minutes tbh.

Comment

Agh, I don't think I can, in good conscience, let my Chile bet stand. Can't root against Brazil.

*Flurry of betting*

Okay I am letting my Chile bet stand and backed up with innumerable bets allowing me to cheer on Brazil to score too. And a quick goal. And plenty of corners please.

We all bullish on Colombia right?

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                          Agh, I don't think I can, in good conscience, let my Chile bet stand. Can't root against Brazil.

*Flurry of betting*

Okay I am letting my Chile bet stand and backed up with innumerable bets allowing me to cheer on Brazil to score too. And a quick goal. And plenty of corners please.

We all bullish on Colombia right?
                                                                                                          I think Columbia are fairly nailed on. Exhausting week for Uruguay despite the fact it may galvanise them, can't have been anywhere near decent prep for them with all the furore.

Columbia -1 at 16/5 looks a bet.
                                                                                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

I find it difficult to judge how good this Columbian team are due to their easy group. The Uruguay aren't great at all though so I wouldn't be happy backing them.

Comment

All over chile 3-0 to the tune of about 2.70e and around 18 quid on Chili at 11/2.

X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                              Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by Teddie View Post
                                                                                                                I find it difficult to judge how good this Columbian team are due to their easy group. The Uruguay aren't great at all though so I wouldn't be happy backing them.
                                                                                                                Thats a fair call tbh but they have ALL the confidence and a lot of goals. Uruguayans have lost their talisman (they were beaten by Costa Rica without him.), they have had a tiring week (which I think is a big factor) and have a sketchy enough defence.

I think the Suarez loss will galvanise them for a while but they'll tire and concede.

I'm gonna go:

Columbia 11/10
                                                                                                                Columbia -1 16/5
                                                                                                                Draw/Columbia 4/1

Comment

Opposing Colombia and Brazil in a series of small DNB doubles, draw doubles, win doubles and a bigger single on Uruguay.

Comment

Tbh I think Colombia are too short for it to be a good bet. They're playing with confidence alright, but there's just not enough evidence to make them big favourites vs Uruguay imo.

No idea what Uruguay are going to be like. They could be awful, mentally drained, offer nothing without Suarez etc or they could be slightly worse than they are with Suarez (galvanised etc). Don't fancy Colombia at the current price.

Brazil-Chile game looking like it's going to be a belter.
                                                                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

I have gotten off Chile now. Various bets looking good.

Question - can someone explain the time of the 3rd goal. For example on PP now (currently that bet is locked):

After 52nd minute is 11/10. But it is not from 52-62 minute. 11/10 seems very inaccurate. I don't usually bet this market so I don't know what it should be.

Comment

Colombia for the world cup at 22 with a plan to lay after they beat both uruguay and then chile
                                                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                          Colombia for the world cup at 22 with a plan to lay after they beat both uruguay and then chile
                                                                                                                          Are you going lay Costa Rica when they beat Greece?

Can probably sell it for a few hundred at this stage I'd say?
                                                                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X