This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oleras View Post
    You know you have made it when zod follows you down the street.

If i only knew how to use it now.
    Use what
    airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Icarus152 View Post
      Lads, suggestions on somewhere reasonably central in Dublin and cheap this Saturday please for a couple of lads? I'm up for "The Event" if any of ye are around for beer.
      I'm staying in Abigails on Aston Quay on Sunday night, got good reviews from a few people on boards.

First time back in Ireland in over 2.5 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
        A Jeep?

This is fun.

Your go again.
        Wut

Originally posted by CHaD View Post
        http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...56446232&page=

Conor McGregor on Boards a few years back. Pity he didn't become a BBV reg.
        Gunna call him out
        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
          Think the four courts hostel is supposed to be ok
          Originally posted by bohsman View Post
          I'm staying in Abigails on Aston Quay on Sunday night, got good reviews from a few people on boards.

First time back in Ireland in over 2.5 yrs.
          Both booked, but thank you, are ye around Saturday?
          Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Bring your darts.

Comment

Jackson hotel on Harcourt St? Over coppers so possibly noisy until late, but meant to be cheap enough, plus you get free entry into coppers I think if you are into that kind of thing.

Comment

At a wedding in Donegal on Saturday.

You've been searching hostelworld I take it? Shouldn't be too hard to find something going by reviews. Top places seem to be booked out alright.

Comment

Any here eaten in DAX in Pembroke st? Is it any good?

Comment

Use what
                    The twitter machine.

Lottie, i wont be making the event unfortunately...working for de man the whole weekend...
                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                      Jackson hotel on Harcourt St? Over coppers so possibly noisy until late, but meant to be cheap enough, plus you get free entry into coppers I think if you are into that kind of thing.
                      Surprisingly pricey, but ty, Saturday yourself Don?

Comment

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...56446232&page=

Conor McGregor on Boards a few years back. Pity he didn't become a BBV reg.
                        I always said Connor was a king among men and he hits very hard so he does. I would love it if he became a member of our little community.
                        Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Surprisingly pricey, but ty, Saturday yourself Don?
                          Nope, staying off the sauce until I go to Vegas in 23 days.

Changing up the name thing?

Comment

Rodgers just said Gerrard was magnificent tonight. What chance have pool got when the manager is spouting that kind of shit.

Comment

Unfortunately not, wedding back home
                              airport, lol

Comment

Changing up the name thing?
                                Dammit!

Comment

Ace song/video from an ace album. Ace

Directed by Fleur & ManuChoreography by Ryan Heffington'Gunshot' the new single from the album I Never Learn, out now... CD/LP: http://smarturl.it/lykkeli-on...

Comment

Gotham.

Kinda freaky they got an actress that looks like a young Michelle Pfeiffer to play the young catwoman.
                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Clicking WW all day
                                      See Finkel post so click in
                                      Actually IPO thread
                                      Win a token by copying finkel
                                      Haven't played poker in ages
                                      Ship IPO seat

Hmm. Going to Dublin twice in a month. Might have to skip Lotties party.

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                        The Australian learning disabled play is uncomfortable, deliberately so. Worthwhile though.
                                        Bailegangaire was remarkable (never saw it before), Brigit was a modest piece - just 70 mins.

What's the O'Reilly theatre like?

Comment

John Oliver is killing it. Every time.

The United States has launched a huge number of drone strikes under President Obama. It’s widely accepted and extremely terrifying.Connect with Last Week Ton...

Comment

The trouble with Scotland is, it's full of Scots

Lanarkshire has become a toxic environment after patients trialling a drug for encephalitis have suffered adverse reactions.

Patients displaying ‘zombie like features’ have spent the last 24 hours terrorising locals and causing chaos on the roads.

The volunteers had been attending the Ledbetter Research Facility in Motherwell where they have been receiving treatment in a bid to combat the disease.

Professor Ledbetter has been working tirelessly with experts from around the world to create cutting edge medicines which will control such illnesses.

The volunteers in question have become completely unresponsive and are prone to violent outbursts.

The facility is working through the night to ensure all patients displaying this behaviour are taken into isolation to avoid any further damage to society.

Professor Ledbetter, said: “These complications are completely normal in such a complex medical trial.

“Staff at the centre are confident that all the volunteers can be located and brought into isolation to undergo further tests.

“We are committed to finding a cure and will continue to work with the authorities to bring this situation under control.

“I would encourage the public to stay away from anyone displaying any symptoms and contact a member of my team immediately.”

If you do come into contact with a patient, please call 01698 333777 immediately.
                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Really hope the zombie apocalypse happens.

Comment

Really hope the zombie apocalypse happens.
                                                Interesting avatar changes today. Many more planned?

Comment

I don't plan them, they just happen.

Depends on what my current situation is on IPB. Currently Loid is chasing my GOAT status.

Comment

His new one is cos he is now Lloyds bitch! Earlier one didn't work out so well.

Comment

Originally posted by dobman88 View Post
                                                      His new one is cos he is now Lloyds bitch! Earlier one didn't work out so well.
                                                      Woah, CHD doesn't need mod fed info. I do my own work and am successful.

That is why I am GOAT.

Hopefully Cyanide&Happiness have a comic including a goat.

Comment

Anyone else see the documentary on channel 4 tonight?

'The Paedophile Hunter' - deeply disturbing but worth a watch.
                                                        Last edited by TheVelvetFog; 01-10-14, 22:59.

Comment

Been looking for something half decent to watch, came across the pilot to Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D. Kinda ignored it last year when it started.

Put a smile on my face and made me want to watch the next one, always a good sign i find.
                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

generator?
                                                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                              Bailegangaire was remarkable (never saw it before), Brigit was a modest piece - just 70 mins.

Had never seen Bailegangaire either, have to confess to being underwhelmed. The prices charged for Brigit were criminal.

Comment

Is peeing outside back door acceptable when one is attempting to not wake wife/loved one?

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                  Anyone else see the documentary on channel 4 tonight?

'The Paedophile Hunter' - deeply disturbing but worth a watch.
                                                                  Was surprised by the lenient sentences these guys got. Disguisting and sad aspect of society.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDrunkenOne View Post
                                                                    Is peeing outside back door acceptable when one is attempting to not wake wife/loved one?
                                                                    More than acceptable.

Comment

Originally posted by FeetMagic View Post
                                                                      Was surprised by the lenient sentences these guys got. Disguisting and sad aspect of society.
                                                                      Ye was shocked myself. I suppose the fact that they never actually 'engaged' in a physical act was taken into account but still they seemed unduly lenient.

What did you make of the whole vigilantism aspect of it? Not quite sure how I feel about it myself. Dangerous game.

Comment

Originally posted by TheVelvetFog View Post
                                                                        Ye was shocked myself. I suppose the fact that they never actually 'engaged' in a physical act was taken into account but still they seemed unduly lenient.

What did you make of the whole vigilantism aspect of it? Not quite sure how I feel about it myself. Dangerous game.
                                                                        Ya its a tough one to make my mind up on. It has merit but I don't like the whole vigilante aspect in general and you could see it easily develop into physical action being taken especially when suspects can get off so easily and the possibility of a lot more similar groups cropping up on the back of this.

Hypothetically I think it word be great if this was widespread and the groups were in regular contact with police to nab the suspects with textual/video evidence. But I definitely don't like the viral aspect of it nor the opportunity for vigilante groups to turn to making their own punishment. I was flicking around a bit and when I came back to it it sounded like a man committed suicide after being caught? I'd imagine this wouldnt be so rare with the viral aspect.

Overall its extremely difficult to know. I'd probably just about side with it but would be of the view that more police time and effort could be put into the problem and tougher punishments given out.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                          How reliable do you want it? The best option is to run Windows in a VM using VirtualBox, but you'd probably need a licensed copy of windows and it will use lots of RAM.

The other option is Wine, but that's not very well supported on MacOS. The easiest to use free software is called Winebottler http://winebottler.kronenberg.org/. There's a paid version of Wine called Crossover that has a decent UI and support etc, but there may be a still be a bunch of stuff that won't work with it.
                                                                          How much work and how expensive would it be to get Windows on a Mac? It is just buy Windows in a shop and install it?

I know this info is googleable, but I find these tech questions are often easier answered by a person. Ty

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                          Hmm... Maybe in hindsight I didn't need to stay up late last night studying the rules. The test comprised of multiple choice questions. One of them was as follows...

If a peace officer indicate he wants you to pull over, do you...

A) flip the bird
                                                                          B) signal right and park on the hard shoulder
                                                                          C) speed up to 150 mph and head to the nearest state line
                                                                          From the Irish theory tests, one thing I've learned is:

1) the answer is NEVER speed up
                                                                          2) if the answer includes 'safer' it's probably correct

Saw one really odd one for the CPC, can't remember the exact wording, but the jist of the question was: 'what do you do if being held hostage at gunpoint'.
                                                                          Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

For Windows on a Mac, borrow VMware Fusion and a copy of Windows from your cousin, away you go.

Comment

Turns out channel4 have an nfl highlights show, bit short at 45 mins for the week's games and would prefer a yank show but better than flicking through videos on nfl.com
                                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Anyone? Generator hostel near Smithfield was recommended but is full. Anywhere similar?
                                                                                Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                generator?
                                                                                It's like he doesn't really listen to ya!! They have a stupid rule about booking 2 nights minimum at weekends I think.. they did last time anyway.

Checked a few hostels I liked that I'd stayed in in the past but every single one is booked up. This is the only one I can find

Never been here before but can rent a 4bed for €80 which is pretty cheap and then you can have a spare bed for any drunk ipb'er
                                                                                Go big or go homeless.

Comment

In any city I go on holiday to rent an apartment > hostel even for a favour ya just wouldn't think it for Dublin. It's nice icarus can get a holiday to Dublin every now and then, he works hard and deserves it
                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

Would insta apply full marks, hitch how would you award this?
                                                                                    airport, lol

Comment

Would insta apply full marks, hitch how would you award this?
                                                                                      Flushdraw, how would you award this in sheep?
                                                                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

9am ww opening hours suck. Finkel out imo.

On a side note I hate Microsoft Word and ECDL.
                                                                                        Go big or go homeless.

Comment

I didn't think ECDL even existed anymore
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

I'm pretty sure when I was 15 I would have this completed in a week tops, now it has been a month and I haven't even done half of the microsoft word shite.. who the hell cares about indenting and fucking clip arts anyway!!
                                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Even worse... There is now 'advanced' ECDL. Whatever that means
                                                                                              May you live in interesting times!

Comment

Mcgregor versus Diego Sanchez November 15.

Comment

Ah ffs and I'm just on the pleb normal ecdl course... super fail
                                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by Xeyboy View Post
                                                                                                    ez winna
                                                                                                    Go big or go homeless.

Comment

???

Moving up up or is Diego coming down a weight class?

Comment

I seen that on twitter, I assume he was joking.
                                                                                                        Diego is booked verses Norman Parke on that card, and fights at light weight.

I assume its not on and he's just reving the hype train a bit.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Mellor; 02-10-14, 07:33.

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                          I seen that on twitter, I assume he was joking.
                                                                                                          Diego is booked verses Norman Parke on that card, and fights at light weight.
                                                                                                          Maybe. Don't see the lightweight thing being an issue he has fought at that weight before. Didn't realise Sanchez was already booked vs Parke.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post

I saw Bailgangaire in the Peacock years back. Mammo is some operator. Luckily checked tickets for Brigit on Sat., damn thing starts at 6! Important detail when babysitters involved.

I'd been in the Sir AJFO'R (now el busto) theatre before. It's functional. tbh, I am more awed by the thought that I'm walking in Kayroo's footsteps. Sends a shiver down the spine, that does.
                                                                                                            "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Maybe. Don't see the lightweight thing being an issue he has fought at that weight before. Didn't realise Sanchez was already booked vs Parke.
                                                                                                              He will definitely fight at LW in the future. He'd be happy to do it now, and Diego is the obvious match up. But Diego is booked, so only way is if Parke has injured himself.

Atm he's ranked 5th at 145lbs. All the guys above him at booked.
                                                                                                              Aldo (c) v Mendes (1), Frankie (3) v Cub(2), Lamas (4) v Bermudez (8).
                                                                                                              I imagine his plan is to stay in shape and fill one of those spots if they get injured. If Parke pulls out he's be all over that too.

Comment

generator?
                                                                                                                Heard you're not around either? ffs.

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                                                                It's like he doesn't really listen to ya!! They have a stupid rule about booking 2 nights minimum at weekends I think.. they did last time anyway.

Checked a few hostels I liked that I'd stayed in in the past but every single one is booked up. This is the only one I can find

Never been here before but can rent a 4bed for €80 which is pretty cheap and then you can have a spare bed for any drunk ipb'er
                                                                                                                Looks good, thanks, would you believe we might be camping, if not will book that place.

Comment

Anyone else remember Stein Opticians refusing to sell when they were building at the top of Harcourt Street (1983)?

The late Brendan Glacken later recalled a story that during this time a young quick-witted Dubliner shouted into Mendel “Hey mister, your extension is coming on great!”.
                                                                                                                  Last edited by Dice75; 02-10-14, 09:36.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                                                                    for the weekend that's in it - this is the most beautiful 1.01 gubbing in history

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RzNXkDBwrLY
                                                                                                                    pure

Comment

Heard you're not around either? ffs.

Yeah, the missus won a romantic weekend away in Kilkenny for the two of us from some Hen Party facebook page.
                                                                                                                      Romantic 4 course meal for 2
                                                                                                                      bottle of wine
                                                                                                                      2 night B&B
                                                                                                                      flowers etc

It's in the Kilford Arms, home of every drunken hen and stag party for a lot of the country.

Sample Menu of 4 course meal
                                                                                                                      Cream of Vegetable Soup with Roll or Brown Bread
                                                                                                                      Oven Baked Chicken Goujons – Garlic Sauce
                                                                                                                      Sherry Trifle Chantilly
                                                                                                                      Assorted Ice Creams
                                                                                                                      Tea/Coffee

It's going to be a fucking car crash

Nearly talked her out of going but this fucking thing had to be on Sunday

Comment

Sample Menu of 4 course meal
                                                                                                                        Cream of Vegetable Soup with Roll or Brown Bread
                                                                                                                        Oven Baked Chicken Goujons – Garlic Sauce
                                                                                                                        Sherry Trifle Chantilly
                                                                                                                        Assorted Ice Creams
                                                                                                                        Tea/Coffee
                                                                                                                        That's fancy.
                                                                                                                        Will you be have the roll or brown bread?
                                                                                                                        ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Rolls ain't paelo
                                                                                                                          So probably the bread

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X