• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Comment

If getting a bike, bike2work, that saved me 500e. But everything involves spending money, they're tricksy hobbits.

Comment

Annual travel passes also have tax relief

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Doing work in other countries is probably the handiest.
              Might just go the whole hog and move after coming back to this cold!

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
              Annual travel passes also have tax relief
              Don't commute fortunately/unfortunately

Comment

Comment

Hitch what did you do before lecturing or did you go straight into that?

Comment

Comment

A year in finance and a year as a student union president. Did some good stints in UK Butlins over the undergrad years though so that's where I got most of my can-do attitude
                      What made you want to be SU Pres?
                      Highly motivated in a political sense? - Member of Nazi Labour youth?
                      Didn't want to join the real world (debatable whether you have or not still.. ) or actively thought you could improve certain college aspects?

Was it a massive laugh/waste of time?

These are the hard hitting questions folks.
                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                          Caught a double header in the cinema today, Pride and The Equalizer. *Very* different films but enjoyed both, Pride is actually genuinely good, can't beat the British when it comes to comedy dramas imo. The Equalizer is absolutely retarded but in terms of leave your brain at the door action films it's up there with the likes of Taken, some very entertaining fight scenes.
                          Caught The Equalizer on Friday decent enough watch as you leave your brain at the door type stuff. Little bit too long and some of the cinematography shoots were a little ott and cheesy.

Originally posted by Jibzzzz View Post
                          @DP and Danny, how exactly did you guys get your invites? Seriously struggling here...
                          NVM, Shiippp
                          You get it ordered, where did you track down an invite? Friend gave me an invite that's how I got mine.
                          "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Well it was a postgraduate student union so the election was a lot more cerebral than an undergrad student union! No political allegiances or anything like that. Think the main motivation was that my PhD scholarship was running out and this was money, plus free accommodation on campus, plus the union had its own wine cellar. Kinda got into it over the year, made some good changes, saved a few students, drank the cellar, and in the latter process made some major strategic mistakes due to drunkenness.

The biggest mistake was sleeping with the student union secretary on election night, and then avoiding her for ages afterwards, and then sleeping with her friend. She took this woefully. Ended up undermining the whole year by arranging people to protest about everything, but she lacked the charisma to really do anything solid. Her piece de resistance was for the next election arranging an ABD - Anybody But Dowling - campaign that got a worrying level of support.
                            Did you actually want to run for it again?
                            ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Apologies if I'm ruining a potential well candidate!
                              ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...@Hitch, have you ever done that well thing on this?...if yeah is it possible to track it down?...

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                  give me examples of brands that have a strong value proposition?
                                  upc vs sky/eircom etc?
                                  ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Well it was a postgraduate student union so the election was a lot more cerebral than an undergrad student union! No political allegiances or anything like that. Think the main motivation was that my PhD scholarship was running out and this was money, plus free accommodation on campus, plus the union had its own wine cellar. Kinda got into it over the year, made some good changes, saved a few students, drank the cellar, and in the latter process made some major strategic mistakes due to drunkenness.

The biggest mistake was sleeping with the student union secretary on election night, and then avoiding her for ages afterwards, and then sleeping with her friend. She took this woefully. Ended up undermining the whole year by arranging people to protest about everything, but she lacked the charisma to really do anything solid. Her piece de resistance was for the next election arranging an ABD - Anybody But Dowling - campaign that got a worrying level of support.
                                    This is why we ask you questions.

Comment

Originally posted by tylerdurden94 View Post
                                      You get it ordered, where did you track down an invite? Friend gave me an invite that's how I got mine.
                                      Yup ordered it last night, standard mail to Parcel Motel, expecting it to be about 6 r 7 days?
                                      Some guy PM'd me over at boards which was pretty sound considering I had a post count of 3 at the time.
                                      Looking forward to it now. Hows yours going?

Comment

I keep seeing these Ronaldo to United rumours. Is there anything behind them at all? Surely it's all fabricated?
                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                            I'm going to Brigit on Saturday so spoiler that shit (mostly I expect swearing, drinking and emotional incontinence though).

On Hamlet, were you surprised by what you saw? The tone of your post suggestsvyou might have been. Ostermeier does have the reputation of being a 'terrorist' after all.
                                            I had read up on them and read interviews with Ostermeier so I was expecting a radically different version with much ad libbing and craziness. I would have been happier with none of the original text at all and just had their annoyingly adolescent Hamlet.

You know the idea in stand up of "where do you go from there?" after doing something outrageous? There's nothing you can follow it up with really. I don't think that full throttle crazy anarchy can be followed up with reams of Shakespearian text and have it work. Actually it's something I'm very interested in, how comedy and drama can go together. Mind you, I didn't find the comedy particularly funny. German anarchic humour always seems so forced and self conscious.

Comment

Suppose the obvious candidates of Ryanair / Aldi / Penneys / Three
                                              Value and expensive or value and cheap??
                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

23 entries in Sheep.

Closes at 3pm today, so last chance to get involved

Comment

Suppose the obvious candidates of Ryanair / Aldi / Penneys / Three
                                                  does ryanair count? Additional costs such as paying extra for bagging, landing in a further away airport and all the extra messing I would have thought that a large portion of people dont really get what they think they are paying for or end up paying more than expected in the end.

Think its a bit grey to use as an example

Comment

Originally posted by RichieM View Post
                                                    does ryanair count? Additional costs such as paying extra for bagging, landing in a further away airport and all the extra messing I would have thought that a large portion of people dont really get what they think they are paying for or end up paying more than expected in the end.

Think its a bit grey to use as an example
                                                    Ah Richie for fuck sake don't do that.....
                                                    airport, lol

Comment

MY STUFF:SHEET MUSIC: https://hornsandstuff.bigcartel.comHORN’S I USE:CONN 8D: http://amzn.to/2mW3EznHOLTON 179: http://amzn.to/2nrmMRPYAMAHA 567: http://amz...
                                                      airport, lol

Comment

This is long but worth the effort. Cartoonist Martin Rowson on offending people:

World Humanist Congress | Freedom of thought and expression: Forging a 21st century enlightenmentGiving the gift of offenceSpeaker: Martin Rowson | Chair: Sa...
                                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                          Ah Richie for fuck sake don't do that.....
                                                          I understand how to use ryanair so have no isssues with it. I just think for an example like this somepeople will dispute some of the benifits offered by ryanair and if they acheive them to a satisfactory level to be considered.

Just if using it for a concrete example I would ghave thought a bit open for debate so would use a different example.

I do not want to start a ryanair debate again

Comment

Comment

Comment

I've had 4 flights recently with new cuddly ryanair and found the flight experience much improved.

O'Leary is still a gobdaw.
                                                                Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Comment

budgets were released today for clubs in UL, the Soccer Club got less than the Ultimate Frisbee Club

Don't suppose anyone would have any good sponsorship routes to go down for a University Soccer Club? Any connections/suggestions/ideas would be greatly welcomed.
                                                                    Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

well seeing as you did:

1. paying extra for bagging: what airline doesn't do that now?

2. landing in a further away airport: a lot of this view is just based on British comedians jokes, but isn't really true anymore as nearly all new destinations are capital cities.

3. and all the extra messing: they don't do this anymore.
                                                                      Indeed all true but I still think people will dispute them as soely ryaniar issues or still existing

I still think using it as an example when there are clearer cut examples or atleast ones that people are not prejudeced against prior are available.

Comment

Originally posted by Gimmeabreak
                                                                        I just got a huge shock, I was on the phone to my dad when my FB feed updated with a picture of a guy I was in the same class with in college. He was killed when hit by a garda patrol car outside Dundalk last night. He was into his horses and I had bumped into him a couple of times at the races in recent years.

From the article I can not make out if he was in another car when struck or if walking on the road.

http://www.dundalkdemocrat.ie/news/l...roll-1-6329191

jesus awful news. Reads to me like he was walking. I'd a friend die in an eerily similar way, walking home new years eve and a Garda car knocked him down. Garda ombudsman will probably have to investigate.
                                                                        Poker Podcast Playlist

Comment

Irish Water, Luas (Mass Transportation System), Dublin (City/Town/Village)

Comment

Comment

Huh?

So its actually around €550 a year for both water and waste water charges? Surely nearly everyone is paying both charges, so why have people only mentioned water charges so far?
                                                                              The joys of living in the sticks and having a septic tank for us

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                The joys of living in the sticks and having a septic tank for us
                                                                                Tis great having a well too!
                                                                                ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

...

Comment

It's all really, really, really very cheap per unit!

Comment

...

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                                                                                          http://www.thejournal.ie/how-much-wi...96365-Sep2014/

It's all really, really, really very cheap per unit!
                                                                                          Its probably designed to encourage people to install meters by having people who don't have them pay more than those who do.
                                                                                          Turning millions into thousands

Comment

...

Comment

Please ignore all the above posts and carry on as if nothing happened, i've been having a few senior moments since turning 37. Total charge is €280 for both services: http://www.water.ie/customer-applications/charges/
                                                                                              Thought I was reading posts by satnav earlier

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                                Its probably designed to encourage people to install meters by having people who don't have them pay more than those who do.
                                                                                                Some of us aren't given a choice.

Comment

Should I not have got some sort of letter saying that the water charges are starting? Didnt get any meter installed that I know of anyhow
                                                                                                  airport, lol

Comment

I love an oul Referendum, me.

Blasphemy and Equal Marriage on the same day possibly. That'll be some campaign for the lovers of fringe political opinion.

edit: potentially 4. Equal Marriage, Reducing the voting age, and lowering the age of candidates for Presidential election also.
                                                                                                    Last edited by Zod; 30-09-14, 16:12.

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                                                                      Should I not have got some sort of letter saying that the water charges are starting? Didnt get any meter installed that I know of anyhow
                                                                                                      It was sent to Terminal 2. Suprised you didn't get it.

Comment

Squash is the worst sport to play and watch. Its a sly hate game.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          I love an oul Referendum, me.

Blasphemy and Equal Marriage on the same day possibly. That'll be some campaign for the lovers of fringe political opinion.

edit: potentially 4. Equal Marriage, Reducing the voting age, and lowering the age of candidates for Presidential election also.
                                                                                                          Hope they don't try to replace blasphemy with some equivalent "incitement of religious hatred" bullshit.
                                                                                                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Time to put my libg threatened paper plate plan into action.

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                            Tis great having a well too!
                                                                                                            You stoneaged bastard.
                                                                                                            X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                            Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                              Hope they don't try to replace blasphemy with some equivalent "incitement of religious hatred" bullshit.
                                                                                                              Ah you know there'll be something of that. Gotta protect the church votes.

Comment

Yup ordered it last night, standard mail to Parcel Motel, expecting it to be about 6 r 7 days?
                                                                                                                Some guy PM'd me over at boards which was pretty sound considering I had a post count of 3 at the time.
                                                                                                                Looking forward to it now. Hows yours going?
                                                                                                                That was pretty cool of him, mine was delivered in about 5 days I believe. So far so good haven't done anything crazy like DeadParrot, really digging it big time cracking piece of kit, battery seems to be absolutely badass on it, also pretty good for music wouldn't really use my Nexus 4 but find myself using this a bit more.
                                                                                                                "you raise, i kill you" El Tren :{)

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                                                                  Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                                  Ah you know there'll be something of that. Gotta protect the church votes.
                                                                                                                  That's literally exactly what they're talking about doing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Rigger View Post
                                                                                                                    Time to put my libg threatened paper plate plan into action.

You stoneaged bastard.
                                                                                                                    Ah stone age man, known user of wells?
                                                                                                                    ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                                                                      I approve of it
                                                                                                                      Views on squash?
                                                                                                                      ﴾͡๏̯͡๏﴿

Comment

Originally posted by Micknail View Post
                                                                                                                        Views on squash?
                                                                                                                        No strong opinions. The 3-D shit is odd though.
                                                                                                                        "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

Went to the 7D cinema place on Capel St. Borat type dude runs it, quite eager to please he is. Its a 10 min hair raising ride on the Amazon sim(there is many to choose from) worth a fiver but id take a more sedate one if your bringing a womenz as i got fired after that night. She specifically told me beforehand she doesnt like rollercoasters but i didnt think it would be a rollercoaster type ride.
                                                                                                                          Thought it would be a honey i shrunk the kids type universal studios type job.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X