Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FB usage seems to have really fallen off in the last couple of years, is that a general trend or just an illusion because of the age group of people I'm friends with?

Comment

Originally posted by RasTa View Post
      I was going to go that route but decided to feck the headphones and go for a set of studio monitors. PC will be fine tbh, thought you might be playing through your iphone or whatever.

If your interested these are the ones I have and will keep you warm and fuzzy. Price is per speaker.

Detailed Product Information on KRK RP8 RoKit G2 at www.thomann.de

*Warning you will have to tweek them to get the correct sound so not for the total newbie
      I bought a set of RP6s for my bedroom. Didn't realise how monstrous they are. Just as well I talked myself out of getting the 8s.
      Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-10-13, 10:08.

Comment

Started a part time course in the Gaiety last night and absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the next night already!

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
          In case it needs to be said, please don't name anyone here who may be accused of anything to do with that disgusting case.
          Reported to have been released from jail 3 days before attack and to have more than 100 criminal convictions.
          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
            FB usage seems to have really fallen off in the last couple of years, is that a general trend or just an illusion because of the age group of people I'm friends with?
            I'd say it's the age thing. I probably wouldn't have a FB page anymore if it wasn't for the livegaelic site.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
              Have a horrible suspicion that the Athlone suspects are going to turn out to be Lithuanians, or some nationality of that ilk, and the associated backlash and 'send em all home' stuff
              We've established people commit more crime when outside their home country remember.

Comment

Originally posted by tglynn View Post
                Started a part time course in the Gaiety last night and absolutely loved it! Can't wait for the next night already!
                Someones left their IPB account open

Comment

Was just down in the motor tax office in Clondalkin. Absolute hell hole of a place filled with some special characters. Think have to go back again to renew my licence

Comment

Originally posted by iSnow View Post
                    Someones left their IPB account open

Comment

Originally posted by ghostface View Post
                      Was just down in the motor tax office in Clondalkin. Absolute hell hole of a place filled with some special characters. Think have to go back again to renew my licence
                      How long have you got to renew it before you have to resit driving test?

Are the council offices still full of fools trying to do last minute tax exemptions?
                      Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                        How long have you got to renew it before you have to resit driving test?

Are the council offices still full of fools trying to do last minute tax exemptions?
                        I think it's 10 years, open to correction tho. You can apply for a licence if you "held a driving licence that expired less than 10 years ago and you want to renew it".

No idea why there was so many people in the place.

Comment

Originally posted by Opr View Post
                          I was going to watch '2001..' again later so was doing a little reading around the film. I know it has always been heavily implied but I hadn't realised it was proved that Kubrick meant the story to relate directly to IBM at the time. With the advent of blu-ray certain imagines have been cleared to such an extent that you can now see IBM written in the film.

Recent letters show him writing to IBM at the time.

The weird thing or what I find most interesting about this is that Kubrick at that time could never have foreseen the advent of blu-ray and that the imagines would be cleared up enough that people would be able to read them. Most likely he thought he had created a joke within the film only for himself? In Dr Strangelove he insisted on the table being green as he wanted it to look like a poker table giving the impression that the men sitting round were gambling just now for money. The film though is black and white so the audiences never knew this. These kind of idiosyncrasies are littered throughout his movies.

The more you read and know about him, it really does feel like he was a genius that just happened to end up making films. Came across this cool montage of his films. It's amazing how many of the imagines contained in it are indelibly seared into my brain.

A visionary, a master of his craft, an artist. Stanley Kubrick is my all time favorite director. For years I've rewatched his films MANY times and no films f...

Opr
                          It was on in the IFI in august in 70mm. I'd never seen it before. glad I hadnt caught it on TV before that was something else catching it on big screen.
                          Also Eyes Wide shut is underrated

Comment

of the 3 lads arrested for the athlone thing, two of them seem to have been released to the usual facebook drool.
                            What is not well known is the two released are the ones who "detained" the perpetrator, i.e. knocked the shit out of him. this is just hearsay, but it would explain why they are being referred to the dpp.
                            People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                            Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                            https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

People who talk about facebook drool are using it wrong imo.

Comment

TBH the facebook postings and other stuff going on causes me to feel a deeper despair at the utter stupidity and ignorance of people than the crime itself which is so far beyond what what is comprehensible that it can't even be assimilated.

What sort of a fucking moron would post pictures and names of people without any evidence and with a real danger to their safety and risking damaging any proceedings against them.
                                  I understand how it cuts straight through to peoples emotions, especially of those that have small kids but FFS people have to have be able to have some sort of a filter working otherwise they should be fucking lobotomised.

Comment

People who talk about facebook drool are using it wrong imo.
                                    I use it a as a bulletin board so I can see whats going on in some clubs im involved with (upcoming events etc)
                                    It is also responsible for a much improved relationship with my siblings who are scattered all over the place.There are a lot of reasons why i'd love to close it, i really hate zuckerberg and their attitude to privacy but its become too handy in other ways.
                                    Twitter on the other hand, load of shite. Everyone trying to be witty and crack wise and failing spectacularly. If I came to power everyone with more than a certain number of tweets (say 200) would be shipped to the Gulags

Comment

Starting on a week-day mid-afternoon IFI movie watching plan (its not fun if its not planned) this week. First up, The Wicker Man:

From the reviews, get the impression that this could either escalate the desire to watch good movies to new heights, or could absolutely destroy the will to watch another 'good movie'. Anyone watched it?

French 1960's classics season coming up later in the month though. Could potentially be excellent. Sultry 60s vixens, fast cars, cool lives, and Riviera backgrounds.
                                      Can't beat the Cult Classics!

A police sergeant is called to an island village in search of a missing girl whom the locals claim never existed. Stranger still, however, are the rituals th...

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                        Creeping on birds. Simples.
                                        straight to recent sun holiday snaps

Comment

My manager just swore blind to me that there is gold tied up in a statue in the vatican vaults to 'eradicate all world debt.'

There is also apparently some stone in tiles where "a little square is worth billllllllions'

People be crazy yo.
                                          This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                          All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                          The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Love the Wicker Man, the facial expressions are the most chilling thing of all in it.
                                            Low fee Euro/UK money transfer, 1st transfer free through my referral
                                            https://transferwise.com/u/bfa0e

Comment

Horrible case in Athlone. I wouldnt like to think what would happen if I was the father etc of those 2 poor girls. I'd definitely be looking at jail time

Comment

Starting on a week-day mid-afternoon IFI movie watching plan (its not fun if its not planned) this week. First up, The Wicker Man:

From the reviews, get the impression that this could either escalate the desire to watch good movies to new heights, or could absolutely destroy the will to watch another 'good movie'. Anyone watched it?
                                                Its definitely up there amongst my favourites. Don't know if the reviews/trailer you've read have given away the plot, it was great to see it first time knowing nothing about it. What I wrote last time we discussed it.

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                First time I saw The Wicker Man was mid 90s and it was just another flick in the friday night horror/weird post midnight slot on BBC2.
                                                I started drunkenly watching expecting some Hammer Horror romp that I'd get a 10 minute laugh from. Instead after 10 minutes I was sat bolt upright absolutely glued to the TV in dread and wonder.

Really glad I got to see it before I knew of it's status as a cult or knew even anything about it (so many internet memes spoiler it and even the trailer above is quite dodge).

Comment

Originally posted by Bubbleking View Post
                                                  Horrible case in Athlone. I wouldnt like to think what would happen if I was the father etc of those 2 poor girls. I'd definitely be looking at jail time
                                                  I always wonder why people would make comments like this. If they were actually to follow through on this they'd leave their distraught child/ren, already with a mountain of issues, without their father to help them grow up and cope.
                                                  Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

@ v for vendetta

my apologies for my post

Comment

Originally posted by Theresa View Post
                                                      My manager just swore blind to me that there is gold tied up in a statue in the vatican vaults to 'eradicate all world debt.'

There is also apparently some stone in tiles where "a little square is worth billllllllions'

People be crazy yo.
                                                      Even assuming this was anyway plausible, would he not realise that finding a new source of gold worth say (guessing at cumulative world debt) around €20 Trillion at todays gold prices would see the price of gold plummet as its price is tied to its availability. A reverse Goldfinger/FortKnox situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                        I always wonder why people would make comments like this. If they were actually to follow through on this they'd leave their distraught child/ren, already with a mountain of issues, without their father to help them grow up and cope.
                                                        People think if something like this happened theyd be capable of serious assault or worse, but in reality if they arent already capable of it its very unlikely they will.
                                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by cokehigh View Post
                                                          @ v for vendetta

my apologies for my post
                                                          No sweat.
                                                          ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

airport, lol

Comment

French 1960's classics season coming up later in the month though. Could potentially be excellent. Sultry 60s vixens, fast cars, cool lives, and Riviera backgrounds.

Whilst admiring/jealous of your mid week movie going availability, I really see this as a movie best watched very late at night. Preferably alone or with a few friends in complete darkness and stillness. If I was the sort who drank I'd probably have a few beers to enter into a more chilled and open state of mind.

It's well worth watching but it has dated.
                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Now this is what I call a headline!

Comment

What's the story with the Facebook aspect to the case? I haven't seen anything show up on mine. Were three people's pages shared as suspects and one of them is now detained?

Comment

Even assuming this was anyway plausible, would he not realise that finding a new source of gold worth say (guessing at cumulative world debt) around €20 Trillion at todays gold prices would see the price of gold plummet as its price is tied to its availability. A reverse Goldfinger/FortKnox situation.
                                                                    She.

I said that but got a bemused look.

Heres my theory, my manager and annoying work colleague (Oscar Pistorious' best mate) are from Kerry. So is Careca and with that solid sample size;

Kerry people be crazy yo.
                                                                    This may or may not be an original thought of my own.
                                                                    All efforts were made to make this thought original but with the abundance of thoughts in the world the originality of this thought cannot be guaranteed.
                                                                    The author is not liable for any issue arising from the platitudinous nature of this post.

Comment

Lol I see Wilifred Zaha has been dropped by Moyes for bursting his daughter out of it

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                        Lol I see Wilifred Zaha has been dropped by Moyes for bursting his daughter out of it
                                                                        Making that up?

Comment

Originally posted by Megatron View Post
                                                                          Making that up?
                                                                          Check your PM's please

Comment

Making that up?
                                                                            no I've seen bits of it on twitter too, although nothing more than a rumour
                                                                            airport, lol

Comment

Making that up?
                                                                              True apparently

Comment

At the end of 2009, it was estimated that all the gold ever mined totaled 165,000 tonnes.[2] This can be represented by a cube with an edge length of about 20.28 meters. At $1,600 per troy ounce, 165,000 metric tonnes of gold would have a value of $8.5 trillion.

--wiki
                                                                                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Originally posted by Howard Finkel View Post
                                                                                  True apparently
                                                                                  Has the England winger been playing away from home? Rumours going round Wilf Zaha has been dropped because he was caught in bed with Moyes’ daughter.. Can U blame him? pic.twitter.com/Mz5qgpw5eL — The Away Fans (@theawayfans) September 30, 2013 Since arriving at Manchester United this summer, England winger Wilfried Zaha is yet to make a […]

along with a pic of said daughter (mild NSFW)

Comment

Zaha tweeted about it earlier saying something like "Childish rumours."

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                      How do these things happen? How does some chap manage to make himself head of a 6000 strong cannibal rape cult?

Comment

How do these things happen? How does some chap manage to make himself head of a 6000 strong cannibal rape cult?
                                                                                        Papal election?

Comment

think its called conclave or something
                                                                                          airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                            What sort of a fucking moron would post pictures and names of people without any evidence and with a real danger to their safety and risking damaging any proceedings against them.
                                                                                            Just looking at a photo on Facebook of guy fleeing crime scene listening to a disc man. Looks legit.

Comment

Anyone else find the US shutdown thing simply amazing?
                                                                                              Thousands of people told not to come into work and a country in chaos because the minority cannot agree about the ACA

Comment

Originally posted by DeadParrot View Post
                                                                                                Thousands of people told not to come into work and a country in chaos because the minority cannot agree about the ACA
                                                                                                Shur nobody wud notice if de clowns in the Dail shut down for a year
                                                                                                SAVE our COUNTRY NOT our BANKS
                                                                                                SHELL out and use E500 BILIION OIL MONEY TO PAY FAMILY HOME MORTGAGES etc

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                                  Shur nobody wud notice if de clowns in the Dail shut down for a year
                                                                                                  SAVE our COUNTRY NOT our BANKS
                                                                                                  SHELL out and use E500 BILIION OIL MONEY TO PAY FAMILY HOME MORTGAGES etc
                                                                                                  clown in the dail...maybe
                                                                                                  but ALL civil servants in non essential services?
                                                                                                  I think it's insane

Comment

The whole US government was designed so that it wouldn't work.

Comment

United States Federal Government has shut down on 18 occasions since 1976. No biggie.

Comment

I'm no expert, but I find it staggering that despite the 'shutdown' at ground level for thousands of workers, the DJ and NASDAQ are not far off all time highs. How come this shutdown is having next to no effect on the markets? Surely this drastic measure taken by the government is a pretty ominous sign for the health of the US economy? Would be interested to hear the thoughts of those who understand these things better than I do.

Comment

What seems most outrageous is that the Tea Party are doing this to try and wreck the healthcare changes which is what the election was fought on. You lost get over it.

Comment

...

Comment

Well, those clowns in Congress did it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Comment

...

Comment

Ultimately the shutdown is about the gov spending less money (on the needy). That's usually good for companies, as translates in long-term in to less tax and thus more disposable income for households going forth.
                                                                                                                  however the debt ceiling is up on 17th October.
                                                                                                                  I'd say things will get a little dicey then.

Comment

Ultimately the shutdown is about the gov spending less money (on the needy). That's usually good for companies, as translates in long-term in to less tax and thus more disposable income for households going forth.
                                                                                                                    So the instability and general negative outlook such a measure represents is ignored? Don't forget we are being told they are doing this because they have 'effectively run out of money'.

Comment

Ah it's Papua New Guinea. He probably just assembled a big crowd and asked "Anyone want to join a cannibal rape cult?" At first they would have just stood there shifting uncomfortably. Then one guy at the back would gingerly raise his hand somewhat embarrassedly. Then seeing that another would feel embiggened to raise his hand and admit he would be well fucking up for it.

Then someone would shout "Old man Swando is right! These young people have no respect anymore. We need discipline, hard work, and sure if a spate of cannibalistic rapes should break out amidst these progressive changes who am I to complain? And let's be honest with ourselves for a minute, who hasn't secretly done this in their home or in their heart?

Fred, you know that no-one really buys that your wife's ex-husband, your brother Samuel, went to Tibet to join the free Tibet movement. The only movement he became part of was your bowel movement.

And Faipz, that demon who mysteriously visits your house, raping your daughters, every-fucking-time you get hammered!

We are Papua New Guineans! Cannibalism, rape, head shrinking - this is who we are! Let us embrace our true nature, cast off the chains of meek Christian morality! We can be cannibalistic rapists again. We can do it! Yes we can!"

Crowd: "Yes we can! Yes we can!"

Comment

Just picked up my brand new 4g HTC One, sippin on a pint of pale ale here while I open it up and figure it out.

This is my last iPhone post, well unless I need your help with something.

Can't wait, I feel like a four year old on Xmas morn.
                                                                                                                        I hold silver in tit for tat, and I love you for that

Comment

The market doesn't really care about the shutdown, it should be resolved soon, in which case the growth effects will be negligible. We'll probably see some effects if it ends up being a prolonged process.

But

The furlough might push back the taper for another month, particularly as some data may not be released. There's been a few times recently where bad things = higher stock market.

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                          Ah it's Papua New Guinea. He probably just assembled a big crowd
                                                                                                                          It's not the only cult though. There's been a few of these sex/murdering/money collecting cults around the world.
                                                                                                                          Last edited by Denny Crane; 01-10-13, 15:44.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X