Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Had a browse to see if there were any exit polls and an Indo link 'exit poll says Seanad vote too close to call' came up on Google in the last few minutes.

Turns out the Indo exit poll is 100 voters in 4 Laois polling stations sometime today, which is arguably the worst structured exit poll in history.

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
      New Nexus 5 coming at end of month looks to be the LTE device of choice. Half the price of the iPhone...
      Looking forward to it; for me it should be like getting a smartphone for the first time all over again.

Comment

Spent €120 notes on a new screen for the N4 this week but I'm probably just about enough of a sucker to buy the 5 if its easy to get.

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
          Was it a good production?

Stupid Theatre Festival causing things to be booked out. Went to book something for tomorrow afternoon and everything I would go to is booked out. Just booked The Threepenny Opera, Neutral Hero, and Taramandal. May go to The Events in the Peacock tomorrow night (though 5 seats left and me not deciding until 6ish tomorrow doesn't bode well).

Wanted to catch Desire Under the Elms at Smock Alley but it's sold out for its run.
          Yes, it was a good production. Only half-full too. Threepenny Opera - we're there next Fri, reputedly excellent.
          "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

New Nexus 5 coming at end of month looks to be the LTE device of choice. Half the price of the iPhone...
            Trying to get the gf to hold off on a HTC One or Galaxy S4 purchase until the Nexus 5 gets released and properly reviewed. Not proving too successful so far.

I think I'll lump for one too provided there's no major flaws/bugs when it arrives.

Also check your PMs.

Comment

Quick PS3 Question. Can I buy/download the new GTA from the PS Store?
              If so, what happens if I buy a PS4?

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                Quick PS3 Question. Can I buy/download the new GTA from the PS Store?
                If so, what happens if I buy a PS4?
                Buy from here: https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwo...-ie/home/games

Upgrade selected PS3 games to PS4 version as per here: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/...-ps4-versions/

Something like €10 or so per game to upgrade I'd imagine. GTA isn't on that upgrade list and perhaps it may not be in the future.

Comment

I certainly hope its better than the Samsung Galaxy 3, i must say the S3 is a piece of crap, slow as fuck and the last few months is hanging constantly, switching between apps is a pain, the laggyness of the phone and 3's inability to go instantly from roaming on Vodaphone edge to 3's H+ is a right pita.

The 3310 is going to have to be taken from storage.
                  This too shall pass.

Comment

Don't buy it online, €70 is madness
                    Hunter S Thompson 1937-2005 - "When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro"

Comment

"We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

whoo hoo 3rd IPO seat in the bag!!!
                        Her sky-ness
                        © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Michelle SatNav View Post
                          Congrats.

Can you sell Sky HD in the Limerick region ?
                          This too shall pass.

Comment

Send PM to Denny Crane, he'll buy it off you.

Well done btw.
                            Follow me in twitterland

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                              Congrats.

Hi will also need a Sky package from mid November as I'll be moving back to Trim in CoMeath and have bought a new house.
                              Will need a full installation but have an old HD box in my other house.

Any chance of a deal?

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                Congrats.

Will check it out , can u pm me on monday on FB? I have half price codes for tv for 3 months

Originally posted by smurph View Post
                                Send PM to Denny Crane, he'll buy it off you.

Well done btw.
                                Might have a buyer already, will know in the morning
                                Last edited by SatNav; 04-10-13, 22:33.
                                Her sky-ness
                                © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by Cuchulainn1 View Post
                                  Hi will also need a Sky package from mid November as I'll be moving back to Trim in CoMeath and have bought a new house.
                                  Will need a full installation but have an old HD box in my other house.

Any chance of a deal?
                                  send me a pm on FB monday morning and ill check it out. yeah have deals , new sky box out also!

click the FB logo here
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

I'm bored off my nut.

Comment

send me a pm on FB monday morning and ill check it out. yeah have deals , new sky box out also!

click the FB logo here
                                      Thank you.
                                      Request sent.
                                      Last edited by Cuchulainn1; 04-10-13, 22:46.

Comment

Horizon is better than sky.

Are ipo seats part of the sky package these days?
                                        airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                          Horizon is better than sky.

Are ipo seats part of the sky package these days?
                                          gtfo out with upc!!!!

sky has so many extras!
                                          Her sky-ness
                                          © 5starpool

Comment

Sky and UPC are shit. UPC are just that little bit shitter.

Comment

gtfo out with upc!!!!

sky has so many extras!
                                              What's the goin rate on a decent tv and internet package. My be in need soon.
                                              airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                Yes, it was a good production. Only half-full too. Threepenny Opera - we're there next Fri, reputedly excellent.
                                                I'd love to see The Brecht and Weil, I have been wanting to see a good live production for years but I did have my doubts about the cast. I'd go anyway but circumstance probably won't allow.
                                                There was another Beckett thing I liked the look of but that probably won't happen either.
                                                Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by eamonhonda View Post
                                                  What's the goin rate on a decent tv and internet package. My be in need soon.
                                                  i can give 17 quid off BB for 3 months and 3 month half price tv! new wifi enabled box for the on demand plus. unreal i might add ( like netfix)

sooo for 3 months full pack sports /movies the lot with unlimited BB for 63 ish per month #value!
                                                  Her sky-ness
                                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 04-10-13, 23:04.

Comment

Might be a bit out of practice with the TV stuff, but just don't get it. We have the 100 channels thing from UPC. So the idea is you painfully scroll through 100 channels to see what randomly happens to be on? That's just stupid, when you can just keep list of shows you like and download them in seconds when a new episode comes out, plus use metacritic to find new shows. All without ads obviously. Pop it on the USB and you can watch it on the TV. The 100 TV channels are like an awful search engine that takes ages to search and doesn't show you the answer you were looking for. Makes no sense.
                                                      I channel hop on the TV, but it's almost like a different type of thing than streaming / watching downloaded stuff. When I watch a show that I stream or download it is with much consideration and a sense of commitment. Channel surfing on TV is more like background images and sounds for me being semi-lost in thought. Different things.

Comment

Comment

That's it exactly. It's essentially background noise. Hard to see a future in it. Especially when you compare it to the intelligent algorithms of eg Netflix that learn what you'd like to watch
                                                          sport

Comment

Originally posted by CHD View Post
                                                            Sky and UPC are shit. UPC are just that little bit shitter.

Comment

A bit pricey, what can ya do for me without sports. And after 3 months what will it cost
                                                              airport, lol

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 05-10-13, 00:11.

Comment

Weird enough world where you can be a bottle deep in buckfast (misguided attempt to cure cold), and having semi-serious conversation with a TD on Twitter at the same time. Odder thing is that she keeps messaging me first. In fairness do look fantastic in the profile pic, so who could blame her.
                                                                  You're not living up to your potential.

Comment

Comment

Partial to a bottle of the Benedictine monks finest? if only you were a woman hitch
                                                                      airport, lol

Comment

Must get a look at Late late show tomorrow, apparently Sinead O Connor put that bootlicking weed back in his box
                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 05-10-13, 00:23.

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                          Must get a look at Late late show tomorrow, apparently Sinead O Connor put that bootlicking weed back in his box
                                                                          SOC is all kinds of crazy
                                                                          Jayzus, Sheila! I forgot me feckin' trousers

Comment

Originally posted by Raoul Duke III View Post
                                                                            Just been to waiting for Godot. Had some excellent gelato in the place beside Steps to Rome.

At least I know what gelato is.
                                                                            I saw Waiting for Godot tonight too. I'm a relative Beckett neophyte and was completely bowled over by it.

Dunno how the production ranks with others as i haven't seen any and am not a connoisseur of theatre but was completely mesmerised.

Not sure my brain is big enough to comprehend the enormity of what went down with the writing but plan to buy the script tomorrow and read it immediately.

'Damn that shit was dope' (N.W.A.)
                                                                            Last edited by BennyHiFi; 05-10-13, 00:41.

Comment

'Waiting for Godot is a play where nothing happens, twice'. Threepenny Opera is great craic on the other hand, we put it on here in Waterford a million years ago, the music was great. Who'd have thought that's where Mack the Knife was born.
                                                                              Official Head Marshall of Waterford Gay Pride Festival 2015

Comment

Originally posted by PSV58 View Post
                                                                                What happened?

Comment

Drug of a nation et omnia quae

Comment

Find it awfully annoying that hairs grow in the nose. Seems that hairs creeping out the nose is the ultimate sign of someone who has given up on life. Bought a few nose hair trimmers in the past and they've never properly worked, so about to roll the dice on this bad boy. Anyone any thoughts on an alternative?
                                                                                    Saw this and thought of you Hitch.
                                                                                    This too shall pass.

Comment

Smoking whilst pissed is one life leak I'd like curtail. You know it's bad when you're judging yourself before waking up hungover.
                                                                                      Profit before people.

Comment

Getting pissed is the one life leak i would like to curtail.

A few weeks booze free and waking up is a pleasure, one night out and its screwed for another 7-10days. I think im nearly ready for the deserted island paradise lifestyle.
                                                                                        This too shall pass.

Comment

I just started Louie.

Why did I wait so long before watching this?
                                                                                          Is that how you crash a wedding? yes it is, Bionic Barry, yes it is.

Comment

Labour td tweeting that Seanad referendum is a no.

Was 6/1 the no vote on thursday

Comment

They are already making excuses that the wording on the ballot was too complicated so people voted no by accident
                                                                                              Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Originally posted by KevIRL View Post
                                                                                                Labour td tweeting that Seanad referendum is a no.

Was 6/1 the no vote on thursday

link ?

Edit : without seeing it I suspect he's talking about his own constituency, he couldn't possibly be talking about the overall result at that stage
                                                                                                Last edited by conspicuous; 05-10-13, 09:01.

Comment

wonder if the guy who stuck 5 figures on the yes vote is enjoying his sweat.

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                    link ?

Edit : without seeing it I suspect he's talking about his own constituency, he couldn't possibly be talking about the overall result at that stage
                                                                                                    Initial (albeit low, sample size etc etc) tallies seem to indicate that it's NO at the forefront in most constituencies that have reported anything.
                                                                                                    Join the IPB Fantasy Football League 19/20

http://www.irishpokerboards.com/foru...88#post1104188

Comment

Originally posted by conspicuous View Post
                                                                                                      link ?

Kevin Humphreys @KHumphreysTD

It's a no #seanref
                                                                                                      As SP has said the fact that the govt drones were out first thing this morning and even last night citing voter confusion would seem to indicate they are far from confident

Listening to very early tallies about the place it seems to be leaning toward no, although it would be silly to read anything definite into them

Decent sweat on the 9/2 and 7/2 from some months back anyway

Comment

Looks like those clowns in the Seanad have done it again. What a bunch of clowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Zod View Post
                                                                                                          Looks like those clowns in the Seanad have done it again. What a bunch of clowns.
                                                                                                          A No vote on the Seanad would be an excellent result for the country. Hopefully (and this is a pipe dream but still) the chamber will be given some real teeth and a legislative role now.
                                                                                                          You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                          World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post
                                                                                                            A No vote on the Seanad would be an excellent result for the country. Hopefully (and this is a pipe dream but still) the chamber will be given some real teeth and a legislative role now.

Comment

Sign of my old age that I missed that one. Also pretty lol how accurate that clip is today in the US!
                                                                                                              You are technically correct...the best kind of correct
                                                                                                              World Record Holder for Long Distance Soul Reads: May 7th 2011

Comment

...

Comment

Is the city v everton game on the telly?
                                                                                                                  No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity, but I know none, therefore am no beast.

Comment

Originally posted by pokerhand View Post
                                                                                                                    Is the city v everton game on the telly?
                                                                                                                    BT Sports 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kayroo View Post

Comment

Originally posted by hotspur View Post
                                                                                                                        I channel hop on the TV, but it's almost like a different type of thing than streaming / watching downloaded stuff. When I watch a show that I stream or download it is with much consideration and a sense of commitment. Channel surfing on TV is more like background images and sounds for me being semi-lost in thought. Different things.
                                                                                                                        Might be a bit out of practice with the TV stuff, but just don't get it. We have the 100 channels thing from UPC. So the idea is you painfully scroll through 100 channels to see what randomly happens to be on? That's just stupid, when you can just keep list of shows you like and download them in seconds when a new episode comes out, plus use metacritic to find new shows. All without ads obviously. Pop it on the USB and you can watch it on the TV. The 100 TV channels are like an awful search engine that takes ages to search and doesn't show you the answer you were looking for. Makes no sense.
                                                                                                                        Since they done the Apple iOS update I have been able to stream my shows to phone or iPad, using the Apple TV box I am able to view these on the tv and it has changed my life (well not really but it is good)

I can't watch live tv anymore I have all shows on record series and watch them when I want can not watch adds anymore so painful

We need a new age of advertising as more and more people are moving towards this, my mam's friends and family email me with questions of websites to watch programs

Def gap in the market to make some coin advertising to this section of the public

Comment

To be fair, the Irish electorate has shown time and again that it won't be pushed into passing badly explained or nonesense legislation. Surprised and hopeful.
                                                                                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X