Irish Poker Boards
Irish Open 2020
Register Arcade FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Go Back   Irish Poker Boards > Poker > General Poker

Old 23-03-19, 11:12   #50701
Murdrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodluck2me View Post

Also liked Happy Valley, but LOD marginally better. BBC have done some crackers.
Close between Happy Valley & Line of Duty for me. Broadchurch was good too, Wallander failed to keep me interested though.
Outside of the UK I thought The Killing was excellent too, generally I prefer the UK BBC dramas but it was one of the best.
The Fall worth a mention too though slightly different genre.
Murdrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 11:44   #50702
oleras
i won that tag fair and square in roulette !

This guy, AvE has a decent take on the crashes, explains what appears to have happened in lay mans terms.

His channel is very funny, one of the smartest youtubers i have come across for his depth of knowledge of most things mechanical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSV58 View Post
Actually was an interesting vid posted on boards aviation forum about some whistleblowing from former Boeing employees about concerns with the manufacture of the Boeing 737 next generation, which are now around a while and probably flown on regularly by all of us

http://timtate.co.uk/blog/how-safe-is-your-plane/

The hearing will be the culmination of a 10-year battle by three very brave whistleblowers (and their lawyers) to expose potentially “catastrophic” construction flaws which may affect the quallity and safety of more than 1600 of the world’s most commonly-used passenger planes. It has been, from the outset, a David v. Goliath battle. Or rather a David v. two Goliaths. Boeing is a $90-billion p.a. behemoth: it is the world’s second-biggest aircraft manufacturer and for much of its recent history has been the second largest defence equipment supplier to the United States Government.
Old 23-03-19, 11:57   #50703
Denny Crane
Undefeated

Cliffs on the report? Who's going to be paying for the creamed spinach?

Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 12:02   #50704
Denny Crane
Undefeated

FF selected the G GD of Lemass as a local candidate.

I get FFs reasoning here. One of the reasons I went on a couple of dates with her was because she was the great granddaughter of Sean Lemass you'd have to take the name is if it worked out

Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-03-19 at 12:19.
Denny Crane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 12:06   #50705
dobby

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspur View Post
I too have watched the Partridge clip many times this week, ironic given that I turned off the episode live with 10 mins to go.

Speaking of great TV I recently got into The Line of Duty on Netflix. It's one of the best shows I've ever seen, phenomenally good, and I'm not one for cop shows bar The Wire, Southland, and some of The Shield.
New season of Line of Duty is back in April too.
dobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 12:35   #50706
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denny Crane View Post
FF selected the G GD of Lemass as a local candidate.

I get FFs reasoning here. One of the reasons I went on a couple of dates with her was because she was the great granddaughter of Sean Lemass you'd have to take the name is if it worked out
Surely people's knowledge of Lemass is close to zero, unless you are solely aiming for the blue-rinse votes (and history buffs).
Hitchhiker's Guide To... is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 14:30   #50707
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Shippage weekend in the great Aintree tipping competition.

A chance to live in the comfort with which Rounders has so recently become accustomed to.
2 Thanks From:
Old 23-03-19, 14:43   #50708
Wombatman

Old 23-03-19, 14:46   #50709
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

A chance to live in the comfort with which Rounders has so recently become accustomed to.
Just to give a reminder of the Rounders lifestyle for those as yet unconvinced. I feel it's safe to say you'd be passing on the €3 pepper sauce without his winning ways. Don't be a no-pepper-non-Rounders.

Quote:
ll Bacarro
Meeting house Square, Temple Bar, Dublin 2
Price: €€€

There is always a sense of gambling heaven when your in the Dame tavern. On this particular Saturday morning we tried Peadar Kearneys on Dame street as i received Intel that it was a racing pub. When we entered ATR was on all right but it was muted as brothers in arms played out. The bar tender was like a slimline Brian Dennehy and his countenance was initially affable but with an underlying tone of don't try to take over here lads im the captain. This was received loud and clear by us and a tentative understanding followed that he would traverse to RUK and ATR with volume when required which didnt run seamlessly well but a good u=enough effort that we didnt feel he was sticking it to us.

There was no other meaningful punters in the joint but the bartender was mindful not to alienate normies who might pop their heads in so he the music on between racing with ATR and RUK muted which i didnt like but understood. It was a reasonable alternative but it was never going to be a staple and the Dame was calling so we said our goodbyes and moved over the road to the dame into the familiar racing environs.
The Dame has no pretence at all. They dont do food they dont even do bar snacks but they roll out the racing and anybody who doesn't like it can put it in their pipe and smoke it. It helps the the proprietors like a punt and are effectively punters themselves.

The pints flowed with the ebb and flow of the racing and curmudgeons all round and all was good. I went to the nearby boylesports shop and was checking up a price at the screen when a down on his luck 25 year old with a likely substance abuse problem engaged me with the tone of voice that indicated his words was the main energy he had left in his body ''Sorry bud....could you tell me how do you spell Rooney?''.
I said yeah no problem R O O N when he interjected ...''Could you write it down for me?''. No problem i said ''first scorer yeah''?. Yeah. How much do you want on it?. €1.50 . He was grateful for the help and proceeded to the counter with his bag and baggage and i overheard him saying to the clerk ''So if Rooney scores first how much do i win?''.

Later with the racing done town seemed bleak enough place and we stumbled onto Ill Baccario. They had no idea we were previously voicing our opinions on poor horses and jockeys and in the general tumult of wading through the usual detritus that comes with drinking in the Dame tavern thats akin to a slaughterhouse employee without the tell tale signs of actual blood. Removed from this passion we were now presenting ourselves to a completely different and and much loved passion. Food.
After the slaughter you go through punting racing all afternoon you are nearly expecting walking into a reputable eating establishment to be stopped for some reason. But you need keep thinking that these reasonable people dont know what youve been up to for the previous fer hours so you do your best to walk in like you mean it and hope the residue of the gambling cordite doesn't leave a residue for staff to be alerted.

As soon as we entered we were seated and greeted as any normal paying punter would be. The gambler veil had drifted into the night. As we were seated a couple were on their way out when a guy was overheard saing to his girl ''Ive got an awful load of work ahead of me tomorrow to which my brother and i smiled ruefully knowing that this guy was trying to make good his free Sunday ahead of him. Like what would you have to do of a Sunday work wise. I didnt hear his moll reply with a sympathetic tone so i hope she harbours fears of our notions. I mean what class of chap says to his girl walking out of a restaurant of a Saturday night how busy he will be tomorrow especially if that's what he really means. Amateur night that and as our hostess approached i told her about that whole scenario i just heard but i detected she was too open minded to fall hook line and sinker to row in with my observations. I think she was displaying a neutral stance to stay professional which you can't fault someone for. For starters we got the bruschette with fresh tomato, basil and extra virgin olive oil, Peppers and sweet gorgonzola cheese,Fresh garlic and extra virgin olive oil which hit the spot in no uncertain terms.
The staff by now were probably losing flips to come over to us for any reason.

Choose a wine for the combined price of the mains which i cant rember but for mains i chose Grilled Prime Irish rib-eye 10oz with a mixed herb marinade served with baby roast potatoes. As a bit of a nonsense there was a €3 charge of pepper sauce!. Otherwise you're getting it dry so decided to go with the stick up pepper sauce but will concede it was top class with real pepper balls which sold it and disarmed any subsequent appraisals. It momentarily took the pep from my step but looking at the cavernous old brick walls lessons any quibbles. You just get the hell on with it and rub away any petty obstacles as not to take away from your overall enjoyment.
An overall good experience of food and ambiance in a cavernous setting,
2 Thanks From:
Old 23-03-19, 14:50   #50710
Wombatman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Wow if this is true Boeing might as well just close up shop.

Safety features implicated in the Lion crash are sold as an optional extra
Most new cars have optional safety packs. When your Uber arrives do you ever wonder if the safety pack is installed?
Old 23-03-19, 15:17   #50711
Raoul Duke III
The King

You can't bate a good rounders review.

The ones he used to put up where he went on dates of mutual misunderstanding with various foreign birds were classics of the genre!
Old 23-03-19, 15:31   #50712
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post

Aintree isn't until the week after next surely
Old 23-03-19, 15:38   #50713
Strewelpeter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wombatman View Post
Most new cars have optional safety packs. When your Uber arrives do you ever wonder if the safety pack is installed?
Its not missing a yoke that tells the driver that it is trying to autopilot me off a cliff

The business model raises questions for self drive cars, you can't allow any more or less of a safety standard for one model of car over another. It shouldn't matter if its a Micra or a Masarati.
Old 23-03-19, 15:57   #50714
Hitchhiker's Guide To...
Duncan F*****g Stewart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strewelpeter View Post
Aintree isn't until the week after next surely
Well spotted good sir. This weekend is shippage weekend, and next weekend is #FOMOweekend for last minute stragglers.
Old 23-03-19, 16:11   #50715
rounders123

Good hussle Hitchhiker's Guide To.... Jasus I must have been drunk writing that just reading it back!.
Anyway shipped the Aintree bullet.

Spoiler

Last edited by rounders123; 23-03-19 at 16:30.
rounders123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 19:06   #50716
oleras

Of course i didnt have him backed...
Old 23-03-19, 19:09   #50717
newbie2

Rumours May will resign this evening.
Also rumours RE Delaney resigning too
Old 23-03-19, 19:11   #50718
oleras

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
15/2 May to cease to be PM in March on PP...
Old 23-03-19, 20:26   #50719
DeadParrot
Just Resting

Quote:
Originally Posted by newbie2 View Post
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-47678763
On the back of the marches?
Not a chance imo
DeadParrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-19, 20:32   #50720