Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I think about it, the more I reckon that Donald is a double agent. He's really a democrat and good friends with the Clintons. He's been parachuted into the republican side just so that Hillary can win the election. He's taking one for the team

Comment

Oleras does food better than any of us ever will. Drool

Comment

I am interested in politics, but how do you ever get this interested?

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

Bit like Zut, reading twitter for the first time in ages. Seems Devore has got himself on the wrong side of the twitter mob and is an awful human being. Also Sam Harris is a massive racist fascist who's fanned the flames of anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant bigotry.

Twitter reminds me a bit of the people who would run the paper or the SU in college, loud, annoying, and ultimately irrelevant.
          Last edited by Denny Crane; 23-10-16, 21:08.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 23-10-16, 21:11.
            "We're not f*cking Burundi" - Big Phil

Comment

Oh yeah use it for work, but that's specific lists and almost a different website, the normal topical stuff on twitter wouldn't come my way at all.

Comment

the cap on my 12 yr redbreast has broken at the glue seal leaving the cork in the bottle.

1st world problems
                People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble
                Get a shiny metal Revolut card! And a free tenner!
                https://revolut.com/referral/jamesb8!G10D21

Comment

Originally posted by Lao Lao View Post
                  The more I think about it, the more I reckon that Donald is a double agent. He's really a democrat and good friends with the Clintons. He's been parachuted into the republican side just so that Hillary can win the election. He's taking one for the team
                  Not an uncommon theory I've read that elsewhere.
                  airport, lol

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                    Bit like Zut, reading twitter for the first time in ages. Seems Devore has got himself on the wrong side of the twitter mob and is an awful human being. Also Sam Harris is a massive racist fascist who's fanned the flames of anti-Muslim and anti-immigrant bigotry.

Twitter reminds me a bit of the people who would run the paper or the SU in college, loud, annoying, and ultimately irrelevant.
                    You can have too much internet. It's like someone took all the accumulated stupidity and malevolence of millenia and distilled them down to bytes and emoticons. That's why I don't do Facebook or Twitter.
                    "We are not Europeans. Those people on the continent are freaks."

Comment

People say I should be more humble I hope they understand, they don't listen when you mumble

Comment

Ah but you can entirely tailor both for what you want.

You can just follow people like Taleb and avoid the common nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane View Post
                          Ah but you can entirely tailor both for what you want.

You can just follow people like Taleb and avoid the common nonsense.

My fav Taleb twitter moment was when he owned Karl Whelan (I think) so bad that Karl's mother had to step in to defend him. Cringe

Comment

Don't understand the BBV's love for Taleb. He's an actual crank.
                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Thoughts on Protein bars , I love chocolate and eating a fair bit lately , are protein bars only for gym fanatics or are they a better choice over a cadburys bar. Had one of these tonight and was lovely but is it all con?

An Irish company has developed and launched Fulfil, the first protein bar to offer 100% of an adults recommended daily allowance of nine vitamins.
                              Her sky-ness
                              © 5starpool

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post
                                Thoughts on Protein bars , I love chocolate and eating a fair bit lately , are protein bars only for gym fanatics or are they a better choice over a cadburys bar. Had one of these tonight and was lovely but is it all con?

http://www.checkout.ie/irish-company...tein-bar/23487
                                Jaysus, Had one of them the other day myself. Tasted like sand wrapped in cardboard - with a vanilla and strawberry iceing. crap. Gimme a starbar anyday.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie2 View Post
                                  Jaysus, Had one of them the other day myself. Tasted like sand wrapped in cardboard - with a vanilla and strawberry iceing. crap. Gimme a starbar anyday.
                                  I had a peanut one was fucking lovely! on offer in centra btw lol

Starbarr wonder where he went ........
                                  Her sky-ness
                                  © 5starpool

Comment

Used be fun when Chelsea spanked United, which isn't that uncommon. Lotta fans seemed to have moved on. Which proves my winner picker tag I gave the majority of them years ago. Silly innocent fools.

Comment

Ah can't find original vid
                                      Last edited by Guest; 23-10-16, 23:16.

Comment

Off my trolley
                                        Monday morning should be fun

Comment

Watched 2 NFL games then US Formula 1 GP. What a comedown. Commentators try hard to make it exciting. When most exciting parts are tyre changing it's feked imho.

Comment

Originally posted by SatNav View Post

http://www.checkout.ie/irish-company...tein-bar/23487
                                            Better instead of a chocolate with your tea.
                                            No pointless to eat one as something extra on top of your normal

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Hitchhiker's Guide To... View Post
                                                @mellor would a snickers bar be 'essentially' a protein bar?
                                                Depends on how essential you think 7 teaspoons of sugar are

Comment

lol, afraid not.
                                                  Might have a little bit more protein than a mars due to peanuts.
                                                  But nuts are more fat than protein.

Comment

Last edited by Hitchhiker's Guide To...; 24-10-16, 05:15.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                          I think he's very smug and in love with his own mind - but he does throw pearls out there.
                                                          "Worldly wisdom teaches that it is better for reputation to fail conventionally than to succeed unconventionally." - John Maynard Keynes

Comment

Ah okay!

I'll drop my follow on question about Mars so

And why do I see loads of people in my gym eating dried figs - guess thats some sort of wonder exercise food or a weird Rennes fetish?
                                                            Nature's jelly babies.

Comment

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                              I had made a heap of my own BBQ sauce, so used that.

Still sweating...

Nice one Chadders.
                                                              Hey Ole

What did you use for the coating? They looked amazing. Could eat for breakfast lol

Comment

Ah okay!

I'll drop my follow on question about Mars so
                                                                Here you go Hitch.

SPOILER

Not sure if picture posted but both Mars and Snickers now do protein bars.
                                                                Last edited by DeadParrot; 24-10-16, 09:34. Reason: fixed pic

Comment

The picture didn't post.

Comment

Originally posted by AndyFatBastard View Post
                                                                    That he's an actual crank is reason enough.
                                                                    Turning millions into thousands

Comment

Thoughts on Once Upon a Time in America?
                                                                      Notice its on TG4 tonight in what looks to be its original 4hour version.
                                                                      Only seen the cutdown 2 hour version and pretty much hated it, worth giving the full version a go?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 5starpool View Post
                                                                          The picture didn't post.
                                                                          fixed now....lazy admins.....

Comment

Worked 7pm-7am, delivered food for 2 hours and then went to an interview which went grand enough. Now contemplating going back delivering some more

This is so much easier than the 24 hour grinding I used to do. Why didn't you guys tell me?
                                                                            Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Originally posted by mdoug View Post
                                                                              Worked 7pm-7am, delivered food for 2 hours and then went to an interview which went grand enough. Now contemplating going back delivering some more

This is so much easier than the 24 hour grinding I used to do. Why didn't you guys tell me?
                                                                              We'll have you working/lifting/eating clean and settled down with a few kids soon enough...This place is bad for degeneracy...
                                                                              Last edited by V for Vendetta; 24-10-16, 10:03.
                                                                              ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

I've never been in a bookies or made a bet in general. Terrible degenerate.

Wait 'til people discover there is protein in food. There are so many gluten free products now, I've noticed that a lot of protein products (like protein pasta) are just the normal product with added gluten. They get to charge people more to have less gluten, and other people to have more gluten. Genius.

Comment

I'll meet you half way and go with working and eating clean, not touching the other 2.

The only gambling I have done in 2 weeks was spinning up a €2 free bet to 70 and losing it too. Strange times indeed! I'm gonna get so drunk in Czech Republic next week to compensate
                                                                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

TWD
                                                                                    Holy shit...
                                                                                    SPOILER
                                                                                    ...that was a beating. I was a bit suspect when Abraham was killed first, it didn't seem big enough. He was "supposed" to be the one shot in the eye with an a few episodes back. I was thinking they saved him then, in order to save Glenn now. But I heard the rumour that there would be two. Thought it was gonna be Daryl for a second. That would have been shit.
                                                                                    I imagine that people are gonna be made that they turned Glenn's comic book death into a cliffhanger to then go and kill him anyway. Suppose the season break and Abraham beating was a bit of a reverso.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmaniJeans View Post
                                                                                      Thoughts on Once Upon a Time in America?
                                                                                      Notice its on TG4 tonight in what looks to be its original 4hour version.
                                                                                      Only seen the cutdown 2 hour version and pretty much hated it, worth giving the full version a go?
                                                                                      I'd say yes in general but if you didn't like the edit I doubt you'd like an extra two hours of it.

Comment

LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Strewelpeter View Post
                                                                                          LOL
                                                                                          [TWEET]790366675216502784[TWEET]
                                                                                          They release them first on the WL site, not Twitter.
                                                                                          Time stamp suggests were up for a while before WL posted that tweet.
                                                                                          Last edited by Mellor; 24-10-16, 10:53.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsFlushdraw View Post
                                                                                            Hey Ole

What did you use for the coating? They looked amazing. Could eat for breakfast lol
                                                                                            The batter was just flour, eggwash, flour x2, im a double dipper....

The sauce at the end was a bbq sauce i make myself, very easy and nice and hot, link in in there.
                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

Originally posted by The Situation View Post
                                                                                              Connacht and Leicester City have had remarkably similar stories last two years. Super unlikely league winners one year, struggle in league next year but crush in Europe.
                                                                                              In fairness to Connacht, they had a massively botched pre-season. They only had 1 warm up game against a pro side and two or three more games fell through for various reasons iirc. They weren't anywhere near match fit or ready for the first few games. Good to see them hit their stride now but it will be hard to emulate last years success given the ground conceded in the pro12 already. Leinster and Wasps will be massive tests imo. Also Cian Kellegher looks absolutely class. Unbelievable to think Leinster let him go even if he was a little down the pecking order.

Comment

...

Comment

Originally posted by coillcam View Post
                                                                                                  In fairness to Connacht, they had a massively botched pre-season. They only had 1 warm up game against a pro side and two or three more games fell through for various reasons iirc. They weren't anywhere near match fit or ready for the first few games. Good to see them hit their stride now but it will be hard to emulate last years success given the ground conceded in the pro12 already. Leinster and Wasps will be massive tests imo. Also Cian Kellegher looks absolutely class. Unbelievable to think Leinster let him go even if he was a little down the pecking order.
                                                                                                  You win nothing in Sept or October in the rugby season. Not comparable to Leicester at all. Connacht will be in the mix for a top 4 spot by the end of the season and depending on injuries etc. will be competing to win the play-offs.

The rugby season is all about peaking at the right times and managing the International playing windows well so that you pick up points when relying on your lesser stars.

Leinster were very unhappy at how Kellegher was poached by Connacht and complained loudly at the time. On the plus side Leinster got Henshaw so I'd guess he was the payback from an IRFU perspective. He's an absolute class player and two years of gametime with Connacht will be very good for him and Ireland. He's just an absolute finisher - reminds me of a young Tommy Bowe.
                                                                                                  ‘IF YOU had not committed great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.” Genghis Khan

Comment

Originally posted by luckforsome View Post
                                                                                                    ...Just went on a 20 minute drive around the estate a few times, sounds simple...Did my 12 lessons last year, bought my car last November, and since then have driven 125km in 11 months, but always had someone in the car beside me...Tonight was the very first time I have gotten into the car and driven on my own...
                                                                                                    ...It's taken 11 months but finally can say I can drive on my own 😊😊😊...
                                                                                                    I sat my driving test at 10.am one day, passed it, got into the car and drove to work!

Originally posted by V for Vendetta View Post
                                                                                                    My first trips driving on my own were at midnight to the local Tesco to get the shopping in. I'd be sweating bullets despite hardly any traffic on the route.
                                                                                                    You lot are a bunch of pussy's!

Originally posted by oleras View Post
                                                                                                    The batter was just flour, eggwash, flour x2, im a double dipper....

The sauce at the end was a bbq sauce i make myself, very easy and nice and hot, link in in there.
                                                                                                    Did you oven bake them or throw in the deep fat fryer?
                                                                                                    I saw the sauce in the link, sounds really nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellor View Post
                                                                                                      TWD
                                                                                                      Holy shit...
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      ...that was a beating. I was a bit suspect when Abraham was killed first, it didn't seem big enough. He was "supposed" to be the one shot in the eye with an a few episodes back. I was thinking they saved him then, in order to save Glenn now. But I heard the rumour that there would be two. Thought it was gonna be Daryl for a second. That would have been shit.
                                                                                                      I imagine that people are gonna be made that they turned Glenn's comic book death into a cliffhanger to then go and kill him anyway. Suppose the season break and Abraham beating was a bit of a reverso.
                                                                                                      TWD
                                                                                                      SPOILER
                                                                                                      I stuck with it til that little arsehole Glenn was killed. It was beautiful. Brain damaged and his eye popping out whilst his annoying gimpy friends watch on. Just beautiful. Closed up the laptop after that and had a great sleep.

That brings closure on TWD for me, happy conclusion too. Decent show, would not watch again but will watch Glenns death scene once or twice more. Good riddance to the cunt.

Comment

...

Comment

Did you oven bake them or throw in the deep fat fryer?
                                                                                                          I saw the sauce in the link, sounds really nice!
                                                                                                          Wouldn't let a stinky deep fat fryer in the house, a litre of crisp and dry in a saucepan and feck it out when done, 4 mins/batch.
                                                                                                          This too shall pass.

Comment

TWD.

SPOILER
                                                                                                            That was horrific, long time since i watched anything through my fingers.
                                                                                                            Thats how you break a mans spirit, yet, it seems Rick still has some fight left in him. The rules have most certainly changed in this new world.
                                                                                                            This too shall pass.

Comment

I sat my driving test at 10.am one day, passed it, got into the car and drove to work!

I did my first one during a huge Ireland match. I was bulling but needed the licence for work. Heading back to the test centre up the side of Comans pub in Rathgar & they all arrive out onto the road celebrating full time

After 5 mins of them jumping on the car two lads wouldn't get off the bonnet so i just drove off spilling them onto the road.

A fail is that apparently.

Comment

Originally posted by TheJiggaman View Post
                                                                                                                Youtube

8-10 weeks
                                                                                                                Can't see anybody becoming proficient in any programming language in this time frame. Might have a chance of producing something of value after this time period if they were working 12-14 hours a day!

Proficiency in programming is mostly about experience as there are always hundreds of ways of going about providing a solution, with a myriad of trade offs. Finding close to the optimum path takes years experience.

darwinatemyhamster is probably making costly mistakes already due inexperience. He probably doesn't need a native app and would be better off building a website. If it is a case that his solution needs to access features of the phone, like the accelerometer or camera for example, he might be better learning javascript and using React Native or Cordova and building a portable hybrid app.
                                                                                                                Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

...

Comment

Ordered something over a month ago off amazon and had forgotten. Came today and it's like a present from me from the past. Can't say what it is as I'm holding out for Hotspur's amazon history game.
                                                                                                                    Also returned something to amazon there and gave it one star. The company contacted me and gave me a new one that is much better for free. Chinese, great bunch of lads.

Comment

Some read American Psycho too much

British banker Rurik Jutting allegedly subjected a 23-year-old Indonesian woman to three days of torture that he filmed on his mobile phone before killing her and another woman at his luxury Hong Kong apartment, a court has heard.
                                                                                                                      brilliant out of office reply however:

The banker disappeared from his work around the time of the murders. He left an automated reply on his work email that read: “I am out of the office. Indefinitely. For urgent inquiries, or indeed any inquiries, please contact someone who is not an insane psychopath.”

Comment

Out returning some video tapes.
                                                                                                                        X can be anything, any number, that is what’s CRAZY about X.
                                                                                                                        Because X doesn’t roll like that, because X can’t be pinned down!

$ Free Travel Credit with Airbnb $

Comment

Gay cake with Sesame Street puppets Bert and Ernie and the phrase “Support Gay Marriage” - £36.50. I bit pricy IMO.

Fine for not making cake because religious beliefs should not dictate the law - £500.

Costs so far after appeal, which bakery just lost - around £88,000 X 2.
                                                                                                                          Happiness is not a goal; it is a by-product. ~Eleanor Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X