This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ikilldurrr1 View Post
    Call, let the 2 limpers in and try your best to flop a set.
    Id say this, also maybe evaluate a flop surely there is some boards where we can call 1 bet at least.
    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

+ 1

Comment

Call, let the 2 limpers in and try your best to flop a set.
        Done this.

Flop 2 3 5 rainbow

Checked to raiser who mutters to friend " I don't want to see another." pretty sure nobody else heard this.

He fires 6200. I was lost. Put him on an overpair but nothing special. 77,88 or 1010

I have 34k
        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Did both limpers call? If so, his cbet looks very strong.

Comment

Did both limpers call? If so, his cbet looks very strong.
            Ye they did, but I felt i had a good hand too. Right in the middle of his range. By his demeanor I knew he didn't have a picture pair

I know it was a strong bet about 3/4 pot. I felt a fold would be too weak
            Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

You hand has good actual strength but the relative strength with the action so far would lean me towards a flop fold. All the sets are in the limpers' ranges and the raiser's range is pretty strong. Has all the overpairs, and even the A high hands we are only marginally ahead of. You have a healthy stack which I don't think is worth risking on a hunch. I'm nittier than most though.

Comment

Does anyone ever call here? Villain is very lag pre-flop playing 34/29 with 17% 3bet and squeezes at nearly every opportunity. My only notes on him are as follows:

b/c 99 on 567r in 3b pot as caller when checked to
                raise 89s on 644 bdfd. Brl 2 turn and check back 8 river

Nothing makes sense to me here at all for value tbh. Literally JsTs or AxJs is all that makes sense right? Even at that the bet-sizing is very suspicious to me.

Winamax Poker - CashGame - HandId: #2101834-397-1321984792 - Holdem no limit (0.25€/0.50€) - 2011/11/22 17:59:52 UTC
                Table: 'Arles' 5-max (real money) Seat #1 is the button
                Seat 1: BadMoFo (51.50€)
                Seat 2: Grind fury (52.25€)
                Seat 3: CrAnyRiver (81.38€)
                Seat 4: argent svp (79.23€)
                *** ANTE/BLINDS ***
                Grind fury posts small blind 0.25€
                CrAnyRiver posts big blind 0.50€
                Dealt to argent svp [5 5]
                *** PRE-FLOP ***
                argent svp raises 1.25€ to 1.75€
                BadMoFo calls 1.75€
                Grind fury folds
                CrAnyRiver folds
                *** FLOP *** [5 A 8]
                argent svp bets 3.20€
                BadMoFo calls 3.20€
                *** TURN *** [5 A 8][K]
                argent svp bets 8€
                BadMoFo calls 8€
                *** RIVER *** [5 A 8 K][Q]
                argent svp checks
                BadMoFo bets 19€

Comment

Whats his fold to cb and fold to turn cb?

Your right that his value range is fairly small for betting the river here. He could have KxJs and qxjs aswell maybe. I prob call and take a note.

Comment

You hand has good actual strength but the relative strength with the action so far would lean me towards a flop fold. All the sets are in the limpers' ranges and the raiser's range is pretty strong. Has all the overpairs, and even the A high hands we are only marginally ahead of. You have a healthy stack which I don't think is worth risking on a hunch. I'm nittier than most though.
                    Sums it up for me really i doubt if villian has a clue he will c bet overs in this spot. When i earlier say evaluate a flop him cbetting this type of flop is a fold for me.

I really dont like the wording he doesnt have a picture pocket pair.

Anyway whats your plan for the turn.

Even if you might be ahead here there so many horrible cards that can fall.

These are the types of hands where people blow a good stack with a marginal holding.

Im slightly like ikilldurr and air on the nitty side of things usually.
                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                      Whats his fold to cb and fold to turn cb?

Your right that his value range is fairly small for betting the river here. He could have KxJs and qxjs aswell maybe. I prob call and take a note.
                      31% flop and 25% (1/4) on the turn. fold to turn cbet is a stat I'd never use tbh as there are so many board textures and opponent types that it's impossible to condense someone's style to a single number.

Calling the flop and turn with no pair and a zero implied odds flush draw is pretty bad! I missed the fact that Ks wasn't on board, so I suppose that does give him a couple of flopped nut flushes too.
                      Last edited by Guest; 22-11-11, 22:54.

Comment

Fold to turn cbet is just as useful as fold to flop cbet, it just takes a bit longer to become reliable.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                          31% flop and 25% (1/4) on the turn. fold to turn cbet is a stat I'd never use tbh as there are so many board textures and opponent types that it's impossible to condense someone's style to a single number.

Calling the flop and turn with no pair and a zero implied odds flush draw is pretty bad! I missed the fact that Ks wasn't on board, so I suppose that does give him a couple of flopped nut flushes too.
                          I use fold to turn Cb quite alot If I have a big sample of hands on someone. Its useful enough.

I didnt actually notice that the Ks wasnt on the board. It probably makes it a fold then.

Comment

Online Satelite.

3 left - 2 packages

Blinds 25k/50k/5k (5 min blinds)

Villain UTG - 696k
                            SB - 930k
                            Hero BB - 586k (after posting BB)

Villain open ships for 3rd time in last 4 hands (which has got his stack back up)

Hero has 33 in BB. Call or fold?

*This is not results based just so dont be basing answers on the presumption that hero called & lost. Just curious to %s who would call or fold.
                            Last edited by Dice75; 24-11-11, 14:20.

Comment

I fold rather quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                Online Satelite.

3 left - 2 packages

Blinds 25k/50k/5k (5 min blinds)

Villain UTG - 696k
                                SB - 930k
                                Hero BB - 586k (after posting BB)

Villain open ships for 3rd time in last 4 hands (which has got his stack back up)

Hero has 33 in BB. Call or fold?

*This is not results based just so dont be basing answers on the presumption that hero called & lost. Just curious to %s who would call or fold.
                                Im folding. you are probably flipping (maybe worse) for a seat.you'll usually get so many of your own shoves through after if you fold here that id wait for a stronger holding to make a call

Comment

It's actually probably been over 6 months since I've really played any online poker, so very rusty. It's one of those 45 mans on Stars so only top 7 are paid. This was about the 5th hand or so of the final table and both people in the hand are unknowns to me. But the hand before this, UTG had 6x it to take it down pre. It's a fold, right considering the bubble hasn't burst yet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t10301)
                                  BB (t14044)
                                  UTG (t8488)
                                  UTG+1 (t3531)
                                  MP1 (t9793)
                                  MP2 (t12350)
                                  MP3 (t1285)
                                  CO (t2088)
                                  Hero (Button) (t5620)

Hero's M: 8.33

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
                                  UTG bets t3900, 2 folds, MP2 calls t3900, 2 folds, Hero?

Comment

with people with shorter stacks than you, yes its a fold for me anyway

Comment

See Bodog fucked up with their new poker software (IMO) by introducing anonymous tables.

Below is an article our writer wrote for us with his thoughts on it.

Screen Shots.
                                      SPOILER

There is also outrage on 2+2 with some saying it was worse than Black Friday. lol

Poker discussion forum with over 500,000 members and 100 different poker forums. Learn poker strategy & sharpen your poker skills for tournament poker, texas hold 'em, five card draw, omaha hi lo, seven card stud and more plus talk poker TV, and dozens of other topics.
                                      Last edited by RoadSweeper; 01-12-11, 15:25.

Comment

Originally posted by Emperor Badger View Post
                                        It's actually probably been over 6 months since I've really played any online poker, so very rusty. It's one of those 45 mans on Stars so only top 7 are paid. This was about the 5th hand or so of the final table and both people in the hand are unknowns to me. But the hand before this, UTG had 6x it to take it down pre. It's a fold, right considering the bubble hasn't burst yet?

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 150/300 Blinds 25 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

SB (t10301)
                                        BB (t14044)
                                        UTG (t8488)
                                        UTG+1 (t3531)
                                        MP1 (t9793)
                                        MP2 (t12350)
                                        MP3 (t1285)
                                        CO (t2088)
                                        Hero (Button) (t5620)

Hero's M: 8.33

Preflop: Hero is Button with 9, 9
                                        UTG bets t3900, 2 folds, MP2 calls t3900, 2 folds, Hero?
                                        Yes this is a fold. You have absolutely no fold equity and don't want to be in a 3-way all in with 99 IMO.
                                        "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Grim

Attached Files

Comment

Ouch. 50nl is really tough these days on some sites. Where are you playing Zuutroy?
                                            "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Winamax. It's not particularly tough, I'm just running beyond awful.

A few of my favs:

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1541891
                                              DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

CO: $50.00
                                              BTN: $88.58
                                              Hero (SB): $54.21
                                              BB: $77.39
                                              UTG: $50.80

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is SB with 4 5
                                              2 folds, BTN raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $5.50, 1 fold, BTN calls $4

Flop: ($11.50) 5 4 A (2 players)
                                              Hero bets $10.00, BTN calls $10

Turn: ($31.50) 7 (2 players)
                                              Hero bets $38.71, BTN calls $38.71

River: ($108.92) 5 (2 players)

Final Pot: $108.92
                                              BTN shows A A
                                              Hero shows 4 5
                                              BTN wins $105.92
                                              (Rake: $3.00)

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 3 players - View hand 1541892

Hero (BTN): $162.90
                                              SB: $91.39
                                              BB: $47.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with 3 3
                                              Hero raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($4.50) Q 8 2 (3 players)
                                              SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $3.40, SB calls $3.40, BB calls $3.40

Turn: ($14.70) 3 (3 players)
                                              SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets $11.00, SB raises to $86.49, BB folds, Hero calls $75.49

River: ($187.68) A (2 players)

Final Pot: $187.68
                                              Hero shows 3 3
                                              SB shows 5 Q
                                              SB wins $185.68
                                              (Rake: $2.00)

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1541893

SB: $65.63
                                              Hero (BB): $73.76
                                              UTG: $129.84
                                              CO: $53.79
                                              BTN: $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A A
                                              UTG raises to $1.50, CO calls $1.50, 2 folds, Hero raises to $6.50, UTG calls $5, CO calls $5

Flop: ($19.75) 3 2 4 (3 players)
                                              Hero bets $10.00, UTG calls $10, CO folds

Turn: ($39.75) 2 (2 players)
                                              Hero bets $19.50, UTG raises to $113.34, Hero calls $37.76 all in

River: ($154.27) 8 (2 players - 1 is all in)

Final Pot: $154.27
                                              Hero shows A A
                                              UTG shows A 2
                                              UTG wins $151.27

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1541897

SB: $51.53
                                              BB: $49.15
                                              UTG: $54.27
                                              CO: $64.80
                                              Hero (BTN): $51.71

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BTN with A K
                                              UTG raises to $1.50, CO raises to $2.50, Hero raises to $10, 3 folds, CO calls $7.50

Flop: ($22.25) K 6 5 (2 players)
                                              CO checks, Hero bets $12.00, CO calls $12

Turn: ($46.25) 3 (2 players)
                                              CO checks, Hero bets $29.71, CO calls $29.71

River: ($105.67) 7 (2 players)

Final Pot: $105.67
                                              CO shows 3 4
                                              Hero shows A K
                                              CO wins $102.67

Comment

Originally posted by RoadSweeper View Post
                                                See Bodog fucked up with their new poker software (IMO) by introducing anonymous tables.

Below is an article our writer wrote for us with his thoughts on it.

Screen Shots.
                                                SPOILER

There is also outrage on 2+2 with some saying it was worse than Black Friday. lol

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/28...sucks-1132886/
                                                can,t see what the problem is with this think its the way forward . no more poker management with guys having to use there brains than rely on there stats . think it should be like this all the time online .
                                                Last edited by corkie123; 03-12-11, 16:06.

Comment

Originally posted by corkie123 View Post
                                                  can see what the problem is with this think its the way forward . no more poker management with guys having to use there brains than rely on there stats . think it should be like this all the time online .
                                                  A middle ground would be better, allow re-naming every week would suit everyone better, but I agree steps like this are necessary and good for the game, much as I datamine and table select like a total bumhunter
                                                  "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I've kinda had enough now thanks. 23 buyins in 7days. Today's choices:

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1544179

UTG: $54.67
                                                    CO: $53.58
                                                    BTN: $28.54
                                                    SB: $63.41
                                                    Hero (BB): $59.68

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with 5 7
                                                    1 fold, CO calls $0.50, BTN calls $0.50, SB calls $0.25, Hero checks

Flop: ($2.00) 4 8 6 (4 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $1.75, CO raises to $3.50, BTN calls $3.50, SB calls $3.50, Hero raises to $11, CO calls $7.50, BTN folds, SB calls $7.50

Turn: ($38.50) 8 (3 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $23.00, CO calls $23, SB folds

River: ($84.50) 6 (2 players)
                                                    Hero checks, CO bets $19.08 all in, Hero folds

Final Pot: $103.58
                                                    CO shows 6 4

CO wins $119.66
                                                    (Rake: $-3.10)

Winamax $50.00 No Limit Hold'em - 5 players - View hand 1544185

SB: $56.60
                                                    Hero (BB): $52.86
                                                    UTG: $55.90
                                                    CO: $51.62
                                                    BTN: $21.88

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero is BB with A A
                                                    3 folds, SB calls $0.25, Hero raises to $2, SB calls $1.50

Flop: ($4.00) 5 9 5 (2 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $3.00, SB calls $3

Turn: ($10.00) K (2 players)
                                                    SB checks, Hero bets $7.50, SB calls $7.50

River: ($25.00) 8 (2 players)
                                                    SB bets $15.75, Hero calls $15.75

Final Pot: $56.50
                                                    SB shows K 5
                                                    Hero shows A A
                                                    SB wins $53.50

Comment

23 became 27, then I charged myself some monkey tilt tax before withdrawing the rest before I gave it all away.....Break time now....might come back to it after baby is born!

Comment

Ugh sickness Zuutroy.

Dont give up though. Youre clearly a winning player at 50nl. Just take a break and come back.

Comment

Never mind, copped it

Comment

Couple of spots...was unsure what to do on the turn as I was playing a lot of tables at the time. Guy plays 18/15 and my note on him is that he raised my cbet on a 246 FD board with overcards no bdfd and barreled on an 8 turn. Looking back at it I think the turn is a must bet as he has things like 89, 78, 67 and maybe 46s. I guess the river is a fold as played?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
                                                            LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

CO: $31.10
                                                            BTN: $30.33
                                                            Hero (SB): $26.25
                                                            BB: $50.47
                                                            UTG: $21.70
                                                            MP: $19.75

Pre-Flop: 9 9 dealt to Hero (SB)
                                                            UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, BTN calls $0.25, Hero raises to $1.50, BB folds, MP calls $1.25, BTN calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.75) 8 5 3 (3 Players)
                                                            Hero bets $3.25, MP folds, BTN calls $3.25

Turn: ($11.25) 6 (2 Players)
                                                            Hero checks, BTN bets $5.26, Hero calls $5.26

River: ($21.77) 9 (2 Players)
                                                            Hero checks, BTN bets $20.32 and is All-In

This one, the guy 3bets quite a lot vs steals and in hindsight I prefer to 4b call but I don't think flatting the 3b is too bad. Flop is standard, turn I think I should've folded but I saw his 100% cbet in 3b pots and 60% turn cbet and got stubborn.
                                                            When we got to the river he snap-jammed without even thinking, which I found really suspicious. I don't see how he get there with a 6 unless its 56, and surely he might have thought for a while or checked to me with AA to allow me to bluff as I'm never calling with worse. Anyway, I just thought it was weird and would like to hear what y'all think.

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
                                                            LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

BB: $46.27
                                                            UTG: $31.14
                                                            MP: $29
                                                            CO: $19.30
                                                            Hero (BTN): $25.35
                                                            SB: $31.60

Pre-Flop: 8 8 dealt to Hero (BTN)
                                                            3 folds, Hero raises to $0.75, SB folds, BB raises to $2.50, Hero calls $1.75

Flop: ($5.10) 7 3 4 (2 Players)
                                                            BB bets $3, Hero calls $3

Turn: ($11.10) 9 (2 Players)
                                                            BB bets $5.50, Hero calls $5.50

River: ($22.10) 5 (2 Players)
                                                            BB bets $20.68

Comment

Hand 1

bet turn
                                                              fold now

Comment

Again another one of those 45man hands. This is about the 6-7th hand or so so no real stats or anything like that. This was the first time he raised and I was quite confused with such a huge pfr (so looks like I'm still rusty!).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1166)
                                                                Hero (SB) (t2980)
                                                                BB (t1410)
                                                                UTG (t1470)
                                                                UTG+1 (t1894)
                                                                MP1 (t1470)
                                                                MP2 (t1430)
                                                                CO (t1680)

Hero's M: 99.33

Preflop: Hero is SB with J, J
                                                                4 folds, CO bets t200, 1 fold, Hero ???

Comment

Again another one of those 45man hands. This is about the 6-7th hand or so so no real stats or anything like that. This was the first time he raised and I was quite confused with such a huge pfr (so looks like I'm still rusty!).

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1 Tournament, 10/20 Blinds (8 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Button (t1166)
                                                                  Hero (SB) (t2980)
                                                                  BB (t1410)
                                                                  UTG (t1470)
                                                                  UTG+1 (t1894)
                                                                  MP1 (t1470)
                                                                  MP2 (t1430)
                                                                  CO (t1680)

In practice I probably set mine here but theoretically this is always AA and a fold is just fine. You can't win the tournament in the first level yada yada yada...

Comment

its a 1/45 never ever fold, fist pump shove for value

Comment

Around 3pm PT history was made at the Nevada Gaming Control Board in Las Vegas. In a 4-0 vote, the Nevada Gaming Control Board adopted internet gaming regulations. These regulations legalize online poker in the State of Nevada. These regulations also allow for licensed online poker operators in the state to offer interstate online poker should the federal government give its approval.

These regulations will give Nevada a big head start over other states competing to be home to the future regulated U.S. online poker market. Since Nevada is the first state with online poker regulations passed and an online gaming commission set up, states that follow by regulating online poker will certainly look to the state and its licensed operators for assistance.

The regulations that were passed will cover many of the issues that online poker opponents have been concerned about. These regulations include underage gambling, fraud, identity theft, technical protocols and problem gambling. The regulations require that a player be 21 years of age to play online poker through the licensed Nevada online poker rooms.

The passing of the regulations by the Nevada Gaming Control Board means that online poker is now considered to be legal in Nevada, assuming the operator is licensed in the state. Companies that have applied for an online poker license have yet to be approved. That means that while online poker is technically legal in Nevada, there is nowhere to actually play yet. It is expected to take at least until February 1st to begin approving online poker licensees.

Six companies have applied for online poker licenses in Nevada. These companies are 888 Holdings, Bally Technologies, International Game Technology, Shuffle Master, Cantor Gaming and South Point Poker. 888 Holdings hosts Caesar’s Entertainment’s World Series of Poker real money site which is available to UK players. Bally, IGT and Shuffle Master are slot manufacturers. IGT also owns the online poker network Entraction. Cantor Gaming owns many sports books in Nevada and offers mobile betting on sports and horses. South Point Poker currently offers a free play online poker room where players can compete to win prizes including a 2012 World Series of Poker seat.

Comment

Swift movement in the US with online poker regulation.

Could be a great holiday.

As consumers prepare for the holidays, the Friday before Christmas brought some great news to the online gambling industry. The United States Department of Justice has drastically changed their stance on online gambling, stating that the federal Wire Act of 1961 only applies to sportsbetting, as opposed to the previous perspective, which included all online gambling activities such as lottery and online poker.

Click here to view the full release from the United States Department of Justice

Many organizations in the online gambling industry applauded to move by the DOJ, claiming that this is a long overdue step to clarifying the confusing laws surrounding the industry.

“This is a much needed clarification of an antiquated and often confusing law,” said John Pappas, executive director of the Pokers Players Alliance. “For years, legal scholars and even the courts have debated whether the Wire Act applies to nonsporting activity. Today’s announcement validates the fact that Internet pokers does not violate this law.”

The Wire Act played an important role in the DOJ’s position on how to handle the legalities surrounding offshore online gambling firms that offered online poker to players residing in the United States. Many legal experts think that this move will lead us to legalization of online gambling in all forms in the United States.

More information on the DOJ’s new view of the Wire Act can be found here
                                                                        As consumers prepare for the holidays, the Friday before Christmas brought some great news to the online gambling industry.   The United States Department of Justice has drastically changed their stance on online gambling, stating that the federal Wire Act of 1961 only applies to sportsbetting, as opposed to the previous perspective, which included all online gambling activities […]
                                                                        Last edited by RoadSweeper; 24-12-11, 19:27.

Comment

Button (t1166)
                                                                          Hero (SB) (t2980)
                                                                          BB (t1410)
                                                                          UTG (t1470)
                                                                          UTG+1 (t1894)
                                                                          MP1 (t1470)
                                                                          MP2 (t1430)
                                                                          CO (t1680)

I'd probably fold, out of position with jacks is a bit of a nightmare
                                                                          Last edited by replacement; 31-12-11, 20:45. Reason: Misread

Comment

Hypothetically, if I was to play abroad (In a country where it's perfectly legal to play online poker and the site I'd be using is freely available) using a VPN like logmein to tunnel into my current home network, would that cause any problems? Would the site have any way of knowing/would they care?
                                                                            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

On an unrelated matter, I'll probably be staking a friend of mine I've been very casually mentoring into micro limits cash games, is that free open source alternative to HEM any use? Does anyone here have any experience with it? Almost never see it mentioned so I'm assuming it's a bit rubbish...

EDIT - Also, one last thing...What would be a good staking deal for something like this, where it's very much between friends and given the size of the cash involved I'm not all that worried about maximising my ROI? I'm thinking ship over 50 buy ins and take 50% of any profit made in a month until the person has enough to send me back the original stake to in effect buy out of the staking deal?
                                                                              Last edited by Sledgejammer; 01-01-12, 17:29.

Comment

Villian is a b/e reg. He seems fairly bad tbh. He plays 30/27 over 1k hands and his fold to 3b is 60%. Ive seen him do this small 4b oop once before with a small pair so felt I could call preflop given the odds. Thoughs on the whole hand.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
                                                                                Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (BTN): $51.10
                                                                                SB: $50.00
                                                                                BB: $62.50
                                                                                UTG: $58.35
                                                                                CO: $63.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Q:spade: J:heart:

fold, CO raises to $1.50, Hero raises to $4.50, fold, fold, CO raises to $9.50, Hero calls $5.00

Flop: ($19.75, 2 players) 6:diamond: 6:heart: 3:spade:
                                                                                CO checks, Hero checks

Turn: ($19.75, 2 players) J:club:
                                                                                CO bets $11.00, Hero calls $11.00

River: ($41.75, 2 players) 8:club:
                                                                                CO bets $31.00, Hero calls $30.60 and is all-in

Villian is a decent winning reg playing 22/17 over 400 hands. I felt raising his donk was standard but after he 3bets I feel I should just call It down. I definetly felt I overplayed my hand on the flop anyway.

PokerStars - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players

SB: $115.60
                                                                                BB: $20.00
                                                                                UTG: $44.50
                                                                                MP: $20.00
                                                                                CO: $50.75
                                                                                Hero (BTN): $50.00

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Q:spade: Q:club:

UTG calls $0.50, fold, CO calls $0.50, Hero raises to $2.50, SB calls $2.25, fold, fold, fold

Flop: ($6.50, 2 players) 3:club: 6:heart: 6:club:
                                                                                SB bets $2.00, Hero raises to $5.50, SB raises to $11.00, Hero raises to $20.50, SB raises to $30.00, Hero raises to $47.50 and is all-in, SB calls $17.50

Turn: ($101.50, 2 players) 8:spade:

River: ($101.50, 2 players) 7:heart:

I dont know much about Villian. Hes playing 17/15 with a fold to 3b of 40 over 150 hands. Both blinds are pretty much unknown but the sb was playing 12/10 over 50 hands. I probably should have bet a little bigger on the flop to set up a turn shove. Whats your plan on the turn here given 2 callers. Do you call the river as played.

Hero (BTN): $70.00
                                                                                SB: $53.75
                                                                                BB: $50.00
                                                                                UTG: $70.05
                                                                                CO: $51.80

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has J:heart: J:diamond:

UTG raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $4.50, SB calls $4.25, BB calls $4.00, UTG calls $3.00

Flop: ($18.00, 4 players) 7:heart: 2:spade: 2:club:
                                                                                SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, Hero bets $8.50, SB calls $8.50, fold, UTG calls $8.50

Turn: ($43.50, 3 players) K:heart:
                                                                                SB checks, UTG checks, Hero checks

River: ($43.50, 3 players) T:club:
                                                                                SB checks, UTG bets $21.00, Hero calls $21.00, fold

IVe ran into a ton of spots like this lately. Are these just standard stack off spots. Villian is pretty much a complete unknown.

CO: $50.20
                                                                                BTN: $50.00
                                                                                SB: $92.30
                                                                                Hero (BB): $142.70
                                                                                UTG: $40.25

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has A:diamond: K:club:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, fold, Hero raises to $5.50, BTN calls $4.00

Flop: ($11.25, 2 players) A:heart: J:club: 7:heart:
                                                                                Hero bets $5.50, BTN raises to $12.50, Hero raises to $137.20 and is all-in, BTN calls $32.00 and is all-in

Turn: ($100.25, 2 players) 3:spade:

River: ($100.25, 2 players) Q:heart:

Also. Ive been running like shit lately and I think It has defiantly affected my game abit so Im wondering if anyone would plays 50nl or 100nl would like to do a sweat session to see If they can spot any mistakes Im making.

Comment

hand 1 - hate messing about here with QJo, if you're 3betting it's almost certainly 3b/f vs this kind of guy. Don't like bluff catching with muck without specific reads after the turn either.

hand 2 - call the 3bet imo. shit your pants at the mini 5bet

hand 3 - interesting river situation. UTG can only really be bluffing with 88/99 in this spot, and that's pretty much only to make you fold JJ and QQ, which is pretty much what you always have in this spot tbh. I think we see AK here almost all the time though.

hand 4 - I think you've played this spot on.

Comment

What do people think of the hand below.

I reckon i should raise pre and c bet flop bigger the way i played it.

I assume im ok calling i have 34% equity i think that sort of makes it a fold from a maths point of view but surely other variables make it a call ?

Irish open ticket up top

IPoker No-Limit Hold'em Tournament, 250/500 Blinds (4 handed) - IPoker Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (BB) (t9875.06)
                                                                                    UTG (t13465.12)
                                                                                    Button (t26719.85)
                                                                                    SB (t27939.97)

Hero's M: 13.17

Preflop: Hero is BB with 5, 6
                                                                                    2 folds, SB calls t250, Hero checks

Flop: (t1000) 8, 3, 7 (2 players)
                                                                                    SB bets t500, Hero raises t1300, SB calls t800

Turn: (t3600) K (2 players)
                                                                                    SB checks, Hero bets t2400, SB raises t5500, Hero raises t5625.06, SB calls t2525.06

River: (t19650.12) 5 (2 players)

Total pot: t19650.12

Results:
                                                                                    SB had 8, K (two pair, Kings and eights).
                                                                                    Hero had 5, 6 (one pair, fives).
                                                                                    Outcome: SB won t19850.12
                                                                                    Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

checking pre is ok, i'd probably shove though. Seems fine as played, might r/c more OTF, like 2500-3k with a view to getting it in on the turn.
                                                                                      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Shoving pre seems a bit extreme imo.
                                                                                        Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

adding 10% vs a guys most likely limp/fold seems like a nice ploy (shove pre).

Player limping to trap isn't likely imo.

Comment

BvB you need to be taking this down pre. you don't have the SPR to be fucking about with air post flop.

Without reads its impossible to judge the correct flop raise amount.

Check behind on the turn.

Comment

Quick 50nl hand. Villain is 24/21 3b 13% 243 hands(6%3b sb from sb 23% from bb). Think pf,flop and turn are pretty standard although maybe i can do something different on turn? River..call it off or dump it?

Only big pots he's played are raise pre with AQ and cbet/get it in on Qxx mono without flushdraw v donk(who had flopped flush) and another where he 3b ep raise pre from blinds with KQo and c/r get it in on Kxx all clubs where he had Qc in reserve

Party No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (4 handed) - Party Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

Hero (Button) ($62.76)
                                                                                              UTG ($16.50)
                                                                                              SB ($92.96)
                                                                                              BB ($146.62)

Preflop: Hero is Button with K, 10
                                                                                              1 fold, Hero bets $1.50, SB calls $1.25, 1 fold

Flop: ($3.50) 10, 10, Q (2 players)
                                                                                              SB checks, Hero bets $2.49, SB calls $2.49

Turn: ($8.48) 6 (2 players)
                                                                                              SB checks, Hero bets $5.50, SB raises $15, Hero calls $9.50

River: ($38.48) J (2 players)
                                                                                              SB bets $50

Comment

Tough one, you're losing to AT, QT JT and an unlikely 66, 89, AK; but you beat some hands, and he can be bluffing.

I'd much rather get it in on the turn given the river card improves JT and gets there for some of his semi bluffs; but obviously you don't know what the river is going to be.

I'd probably call - the more aggro he is the happier I'd be

Comment

Yeah get em in on the turn, Bob. If he has better it's a cooler, plus you have a redraw against AT which should be a large part of his range.

Comment

Quick spot from a live game last night.

Blinds 1500/3000, no antes.
                                                                                                    Final table - 9 handed (7 paid)

UTG+1 flats 3k (50k stack - which is average stack)

No real history on villain only that I doubled him up on FT bubble when he reshipped over my raise with 99 & won the flip.

Hero in next seat with 55? (53k stack)

Average stack is sub 20bbs so quite shallow for a FT.
                                                                                                    What do people do here & what if we were all 50bb deep?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                                                                                      Quick spot from a live game last night.

Blinds 1500/3000, no antes.
                                                                                                      Final table - 9 handed (7 paid)

UTG+1 flats 3k (50k stack - which is average stack)

No real history on villain only that I doubled him up on FT bubble when he reshipped over my raise with 99 & won the flip.

Hero in next seat with 55? (53k stack)

Average stack is sub 20bbs so quite shallow for a FT.
                                                                                                      What do people do here & what if we were all 50bb deep?
                                                                                                      Fold hate shoving limping big hands live seems to have made a bit of a comeback.

If you raise i can see him shoving then we have to fold unless your a 6 7 x maniac and committed and you have others to act behind you
                                                                                                      Hate games with no antes

Comment

Bob I'd definitely shove the turn in your hand and probably fold the river to the over bet.

Dice it's a fold for me the majority of the time unless the standard is so bad that you can be confident it will limp around. I wouldn't be a fan of raise/folding here with ~16 BBs as I'm sure you're getting called in at least one spot.

Comment

Yeah I think in retrospect I should probably get it in on the turn - although my thinking was he's bluffing/semi bluffing here sometimes and I wanted to leave him rope to hang himself on the river seeing as I probably have the best hand and the best draw. On the river I don't beat much of his value hands, errr 9hTh , maybe T8hh if he flats that pre- and I really hate the J obv - but I call it off anyway and he has 66 for turned full house

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                            Yeah I think in retrospect I should probably get it in on the turn - although my thinking was he's bluffing/semi bluffing here sometimes and I wanted to leave him rope to hang himself on the river seeing as I probably have the best hand and the best draw. On the river I don't beat much of his value hands, errr 9hTh , maybe T8hh if he flats that pre- and I really hate the J obv - but I call it off anyway and he has 66 for turned full house
                                                                                                            UL.

Comment

Originally posted by BobSloane View Post
                                                                                                              I wasn't saying I think you should get it in on the turn, just that the river is a bad card for you. I'd call to maximise the chances he can be bluffing you.

Comment

For a second I thought you were advocating to get it in on the turn. Turn call is definitely the right play. River is tough once he overbets. Not sure what I'd do, but it would depend on gameflow.

Comment

If anyone plays on Bet365 poker there is a $200 added freeroll at 8 o'clock, the password for it is h9pxf5aq

not sure if I am allowed to post this, sorry mods but anything to try and help the Irish poker communty

Comment

Originally posted by cardshark202 View Post
                                                                                                                    For a second I thought you were advocating to get it in on the turn. Turn call is definitely the right play. River is tough once he overbets. Not sure what I'd do, but it would depend on gameflow.
                                                                                                                    Cool seems I played it reasonably then - except maybe fold river. FWIW river overbet is not as much as it looks. Pot is 38 and i have 43 behind when he bets 50.

Comment

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 5.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 15 Ante (9 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t5404)
                                                                                                                      UTG (t12438)
                                                                                                                      UTG+1 (t25909)
                                                                                                                      MP1 (t10207)
                                                                                                                      MP2 (t13711)
                                                                                                                      MP3 (t13447)
                                                                                                                      CO (t8054)
                                                                                                                      Hero (Button) (t14360)
                                                                                                                      SB (t4328)

Hero's M: 45.59

Preflop: Hero is Button with J, J
                                                                                                                      1 fold, UTG+1 bets t240, 1 fold, MP2 calls t240, 2 folds, Hero calls t240, 1 fold, BB calls t120

Flop: (t1155) 9, 10, 7 (4 players)
                                                                                                                      BB checks, UTG+1 bets t519, MP2 raises to t1560, Hero ???

HH is from the $5 2r+1a 30k on Stars, both players are new to the table.

Comment

Fold.

Comment

I don't mind calling the raise in position this deep. It looks so strong so you are unlikely to be bluffed off your equity on the turn and should get to sd easily enough. Without any reads though folding is probably best as you are in bad shape if he has no bluffs or semi bluffs in his range and is only raising pure value.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X