Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right, pretty much have never played mtt's to a serious level and almost exclusively play 6 max cash but I've decided, out of boredom and repetition as much as anything, to try and play alot more MTT's and really learn the game. So a few questions

1 What's a good starter point for someone making the transition, any must read threads on 2+2 or ebooks or w/e? Specifically things like ICM and push/fold strategy, I've a lego poker subscription, any coaches or videos on there that are a good watch for this kind of thing? I've never really spent any time learning tournaments, so anything not directly related to 100bb cash games I'll be rusty with.

2 I've moved some money onto Stars, have a few questions about the software and the like. Mainly, what's the best mod/theme to download? None of the default ones are great. I want one that's absolutely stripped down, no graphics, basically a replica of the default mod here. Also, does anyone have a link for a good tourney HUD for HEM?

3 Finally, is tableninja worth investing in?

Alot of questions there, so appreciate any help I can get, cheers.
    "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post
      Right, pretty much have never played mtt's to a serious level and almost exclusively play 6 max cash but I've decided, out of boredom and repetition as much as anything, to try and play alot more MTT's and really learn the game. So a few questions

1 What's a good starter point for someone making the transition, any must read threads on 2+2 or ebooks or w/e? Specifically things like ICM and push/fold strategy, I've a lego poker subscription, any coaches or videos on there that are a good watch for this kind of thing? I've never really spent any time learning tournaments, so anything not directly related to 100bb cash games I'll be rusty with.

2 I've moved some money onto Stars, have a few questions about the software and the like. Mainly, what's the best mod/theme to download? None of the default ones are great. I want one that's absolutely stripped down, no graphics, basically a replica of the default mod here. Also, does anyone have a link for a good tourney HUD for HEM?

If you'd like to recommend another theme and/or link, please PM one of the Modagement. Feel free to revive any of these discussions but keep in mind th

Buy Hold Em Manager or Tournament Indicator before you start if you're gonna take this seriously, and take a tour of all the stats, get familiar with them, then start playing once you know what kind of things to look for in opponents play.

I'd repost this in 'Tournament Poker' also if you want decent response.
      "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

Great post from GMANs well post, sort of sums up my side of the argument (Albeit much better!) that I often had with Redjoker:

The truth is, as much as I hate it and as unelegant as it is, against 99% of opponents, you don't have to worry about balancing your bluffs that much.

You should look at every hand individually. Sure you should think about your range, but only what you opponent thinks of it. Not your true range. You should think about what kind of hands your opponent might have and how likely he is to fold them.

Game theory is important to understand, but not so useful in practice (in most games).

Just make sure you aren't using game theory to justify bad plays. If you bluff a river against a station, don't think after he calls with midpair "well he's an idiot and I'm making money in the long run since I bluff there 10% of the time"

You are making money in the long run if you bluff 10% of the time there. You probably would make more money if you bluffed 2%

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgejammer View Post

1. As winning pointed you
          2. the Hyper simple theme is fairly good no graphic's and i find it easy to look at i think there is another setting to remove al the graphic's from the table
          3. Table Ninja is the nuts if you are playing 12 plus tables mainly down to reggin for games and table controls, i play all my tables stacked so it's really usefull in detting these on the screen also the auto time back and sit back in function can say you a lot!

What game type are you looking to play MTT's STTMTTs (45/90/180 man's)??

Comment

Originally posted by pgodkin View Post
            1. As winning pointed you
            2. the Hyper simple theme is fairly good no graphic's and i find it easy to look at i think there is another setting to remove al the graphic's from the table
            3. Table Ninja is the nuts if you are playing 12 plus tables mainly down to reggin for games and table controls, i play all my tables stacked so it's really usefull in detting these on the screen also the auto time back and sit back in function can say you a lot!

What game type are you looking to play MTT's STTMTTs (45/90/180 man's)??
            I actually found a pretty awesome theme for stars here which had everything I needed, minimalist with lots of HUD room

I'm mostly just playing MTTSNGs and really it's just to give me the chance to properly 'learn' tournaments since I never have before and I like taking the occasional shot at live tournaments where I feel I've an edge and want to increase that edge, also because it gives me a nice alternative to grind when I'm sick of cash as I get every now and then. Also I've never really taken any shots at the big Sunday tournaments, so again I wouldn't mind having that option. I've found a few good ebooks and am slowly getting a better grasp of proper push/fold and re-steal ranges and ICM which is what I'm after, since I'm just not that used to later stage tournament situations

I really can't imagine ever grinding tournaments as my main poker game but it's nice to try and learn something a little bit different.
            "In the world, there are many kings but there is only one God. I am God, I am El Tren" :{)

Comment

I'm becoming an elitist cash player who looks down my nose at tournament monkeys. Don't go to the dark side, Sledge! It's still a skill game!
              "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

quick one. Is this a check fold on the turn or a bet fold? or do you take any other line. Villian is pretty much a complete unknown. 17/0 over 10 hands.

PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
                Hand converted by PokerTracker 3: http://www.pokertracker.com

CO: $96.86
                BTN: $22.75
                SB: $79.67
                Hero (BB): $58.91
                UTG: $74.64
                MP: $51.05

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has Ah Kd

fold, fold, CO raises to $1.50, fold, fold, Hero raises to $5.50, CO calls $4.00

Flop: ($11.25, 2 players) Kc Jh 6h
                Hero bets $6.00, CO calls $6.00

Turn: ($23.25, 2 players) Qs
                Hero ?

Comment

check/call check/call if he bets

check bet if he checks behind

Comment

Originally posted by Emmet View Post
                    check/call check/call if he bets

check bet if he checks behind
                    I just think hes never bluffing the river if I c/c the turn. All the kings that I beat check back.

Comment

Originally posted by shano_88 View Post
                      I just think hes never bluffing the river if I c/c the turn. All the kings that I beat check back.
                      well you can c/f the turn if you don't think you can c/c and he checks behind on the river enough. Seems really weak to me though considering he can fire two barrels with Ahxx and lots of 8Thh 78hh type hands too.

I don't think there's much merit in betting the turn though.
                      Last edited by Emmet; 11-10-11, 23:41. Reason: T9 is beating us already!

Comment

well you can c/f the turn if you don't think you can c/c and he checks behind on the river enough. Seems really weak to me though considering he can fire two barrels with Ahxx and lots of 8Thh 78hh type hands too.

I don't think there's much merit in betting the turn though.
                        I have the Ah.

I did c/f the turn to a 3/4 pot bet. It felt weak but I couldnt think of any value hands that I beat.

Comment

I think there's still value to be had from a bet here, Shano. He can have TJs, people call 3bets ip with that a lot. He could have a bluffcatcher on the flop with 99-JJ, and there's also floats with hands like AQ, although it's hard to get value from any of those. I'm certainly not check/folding, anyway.
                          Last edited by AndyFatBastard; 12-10-11, 07:08.
                          "I can’t find anyone who agrees with what I write or think these days, so I guess I must be getting closer to the truth." - Hunter S. Thompson

Comment

Save your bluff-raises for flops where you have equity. 7% is plenty!

***** Hand History for Game 1111111111 ***** (Winamax)
                            $30.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Thursday, October 13, 05:17:47 ET 2011
                            Table Montpellier (Real Money)
                            Seat 4 is the button
                            Seat 1: Player1 ( $35.88 USD )
                            Seat 2: Player2 ( $29.00 USD )
                            Seat 3: Player3 ( $30.85 USD )
                            Seat 4: Player4 ( $30.44 USD )
                            Seat 5: Hero ( $30.00 USD )
                            Hero posts small blind [$0.15 USD].
                            Player1 posts big blind [$0.30 USD].
                            Dealt to Hero [ Q J ]
                            ** Dealing down cards **
                            Player2 folds
                            Player3 folds
                            Player4 raises [$0.90 USD]
                            Hero calls [$0.75 USD]
                            Player1 folds
                            ** Dealing Flop ** [ 4, 2, T ]
                            Hero checks
                            Player4 bets [$1.60 USD]
                            Hero raises [$5.10 USD]
                            Player4 calls [$3.50 USD]
                            ** Dealing Turn ** [ 8 ]
                            Hero bets [$7.20 USD]
                            Player4 calls [$7.20 USD]
                            ** Dealing River ** [ 9 ]
                            Hero bets [$16.80 USD]
                            Player4 calls [$16.80 USD]
                            Player4 shows [As, Ad ]
                            Hero shows [Qd, Jd ]
                            Hero wins $60.00 USD from main pot
                            Last edited by Guest; 13-10-11, 18:15.

Comment

feeling lucky? 52 into 20

$30.00 USD NL Texas Hold'em - Tuesday, October 18, 10:13:52 ET 2011
                              Table Mende (Real Money)
                              Seat 4 is the button
                              Seat 1: Player1 ( $62.41 USD ) - VPIP: 63, PFR: 21, 3B: 37, AF: 3.1, Hands: 63
                              Seat 3: Hero ( $62.91 USD ) - VPIP: 25, PFR: 21, 3B: 6, AF: 2.9, Hands: 13621
                              Seat 4: Player4 ( $49.09 USD ) - VPIP: 21, PFR: 15, 3B: 6, AF: 1.6, Hands: 394
                              Player1 posts small blind [$0.15 USD].
                              Hero posts big blind [$0.30 USD].
                              Dealt to Hero [ Ks 7d ]
                              ** Dealing down cards **
                              Player4 folds
                              Player1 raises [$0.45 USD]
                              Hero calls [$0.30 USD]
                              ** Dealing Flop ** [ 7c, 7s, 3c ]
                              Player1 bets [$3.75 USD]
                              Hero raises [$9.25 USD]
                              Player1 calls [$5.50 USD]
                              ** Dealing Turn ** [ Ac ]
                              Player1 bets [$52.56 USD]
                              Last edited by Guest; 18-10-11, 21:55.

Comment

call all day. look at players stats!!
                                Last edited by Emmet; 18-10-11, 21:58.

Comment

snapppp and look at aj with j of clubs

nah, has to be a fold really - hope you called so I know the river
                                  Go big or go homeless.

Comment

wtf
                                    Welcome to Winamax. Only reads were that he made 3bet to something like 25 big blinds and called it off with A5s...no madness post flop though really, apart from 5x potting a lot of flops, but I never saw a showdown.

Comment

Originally posted by zuutroy View Post
                                      Welcome to Winamax. Only reads were that he made 3bet to something like 25 big blinds and called it off with A5s...no madness post flop though really, apart from 5x potting a lot of flops, but I never saw a showdown.
                                      in that case I snap and look at ace jack - not kidding
                                      Go big or go homeless.

Comment

Didnt really know what to do in this spot. Villian is 27/18 over 100 hands and seems a little fishy. fold to 3b is 75 but obv tiny sample size. Sb is a fish. Whats your line here on the turn? Obv its probably the nut worst turn for us but I dont see him turn up with a flush here alot.

PartyGaming - $0.50 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 5 players
                                        Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $53.53
                                        Hero (BB): $50.00
                                        UTG: $67.13
                                        CO: $74.08
                                        BTN: $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, Hero posts BB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($0.75) Hero has K:spade: Q:diamond:

fold, fold, BTN raises to $1.50, SB calls $1.25, Hero raises to $5.50, BTN calls $4.00, SB calls $4.00

Flop: ($16.50, 3 players) Q:club: T:spade: 5:club:
                                        SB checks, Hero bets $10.50, BTN calls $10.50, fold

Turn: ($37.50, 2 players) A:club:
                                        Hero checks, BTN bets $13.00 Hero ?

Comment

c/f seems fine and wp otherwise.

Comment

Whats a decent sample size for 6man SNG's?

Comment

Originally posted by Dice75 View Post
                                              Whats a decent sample size for 6man SNG's?
                                              Well id say 10k for a true reflection ! 3 or 4 k for decent.

I guess the game type makes a big difference. Super turbo, turbo or regular.
                                              Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Aggresive good player raises hj to 12 i make it 35 with Kd 6d in cu. Im playing 350ish he covers. Iys possibly my first 3 bet had been playing a hour.

Flop is K 9 2 rainbow. He checks, i check. Turn 4 he checks and so do i. River K he checks i bet 40.

Thoughts? Should i cbet flop? Bet turn?

My thinking here is betting the flop means theres not much calling me that i beat.

I can see reasons to bet flop but i feel i can get more value by betting the river.

Id nearly have preffered a non K river as he now feels im surely value betting jj qq.

Im obviously firing 1 or 2 barrels here if i dont hit. The question im putting out there is that is checking bad considering im betting all missed flops or is it ok to adjust.
                                                Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

Idk I always think you define your hand and unbalance your range by checking there.

Comment

Probably only 2 streets of value in the hand. I would go for flop & turn or turn & river. I think in this sitution I would be more inclined to go turn an river.

BTW what kind of game is this and how wide does he call OOP?

Comment

@ dennycrane : the balancing range did come into my head but i was planning a 2 hour session max and was over half way through. Im not so sure balacing range plays a huge part in this situation.

Its a weird situation because if the situation occurs i bet air and value hands. This hand is very much marginal.

@ rs : i mean on a small sample id say hed call about 70% of hands in order to try stack my aces

Its 1-2 with 300 buy in. Its 5am i had just woken upnand felt fresh so thought would be a good time to attack.

Im not so sure about two streets its debatable.Then again if my first bet is 40 (pot 160)and he calls whats he going to call a 90 bet with that i beat?

He claimed to have 10s who knows i think if he does he calls river.
                                                      Last edited by tipp86; 05-11-11, 15:32.
                                                      Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

If he is calling with 70% of his range, there is definitely value in betting 2 if not 3 streets.

He will call with 2nd pairs maybe 55-88. If the turn brought a fd he can call with that either.

Players cbet with TP 98%+ of the time and when you dont its usually with a hand like yours that can extract value from weaker holdings after making your range deceptive.
                                                        Last edited by RoadSweeper; 05-11-11, 15:48.

Comment

Ya i can take on board not betting was bad i obviously wouldnt post it if i thought i was correct.

Id obv cbet online all the time in that spot.

You say he will call second pairs etc... Im not so sure about this theory. These live guys like to see flops to outdraw players. If he doesnt hit his set he will just give up imo.
                                                          Pm for rakeback deals

Comment

I dont think not cbetting is necessarily an error vs a somewhat thinking player.

I would not cbet with the intention of getting him to bluff into me on the turn or let him check call 2 streets with 2nd pair type hands. I think betting one street, particularly the river is the worst option.

Live players is a broad category. I would need more info and like to see him play before giving a definite answer. Mush of the limitations of hand histories.

Comment

Just moved to this table. No idea how any plays. Then this happened. Guy 5xing it

Poker Stars $2.50+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1500/t3000 Blinds + t300 - 7 players - View hand 1504644
                                                              DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t77108 M = 11.68
                                                              Hero (MP): t72138 M = 10.93
                                                              CO: t79592 M = 12.06
                                                              BTN: t109080 M = 16.53
                                                              SB: t100264 M = 15.19
                                                              BB: t147145 M = 22.29
                                                              UTG: t575968 M = 87.27

Pre Flop: (t6600) Hero is MP with J :heart: J :spade:
                                                              1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t15000, 5 folds

Final Pot: t9600
                                                              UTG+1 wins t9600

I know this might be an obvious spot to some but my thinking was just to fold and get feedback instead of shoving and seeing AA.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                Just moved to this table. No idea how any plays. Then this happened. Guy 5xing it

Poker Stars $2.50+$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Tournament - t1500/t3000 Blinds + t300 - 7 players - View hand 1504644
                                                                DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: t77108 M = 11.68
                                                                Hero (MP): t72138 M = 10.93
                                                                CO: t79592 M = 12.06
                                                                BTN: t109080 M = 16.53
                                                                SB: t100264 M = 15.19
                                                                BB: t147145 M = 22.29
                                                                UTG: t575968 M = 87.27

Pre Flop: (t6600) Hero is MP with J :heart: J :spade:
                                                                1 fold, UTG+1 raises to t15000, 5 folds

Final Pot: t9600
                                                                UTG+1 wins t9600

I know this might be an obvious spot to some but my thinking was just to fold and get feedback instead of shoving and seeing AA.
                                                                Good god this is the easiest shove ever how did your line of thinking have him on AA?

Comment

Originally posted by SICKPUPPY View Post
                                                                  Good god this is the easiest shove ever how did your line of thinking have him on AA?
                                                                  No history. 5xing it in early(ish) position. I have 25BBs so still playable. All my thoughts for the fold really. Was just about to hit all-in.

Edit: Never said I put him on AA or that I made the right choice in folding either.
                                                                  Last edited by MegaSin; 06-11-11, 02:05.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaSin View Post
                                                                    No history. 5xing it in early(ish) position. I have 25BBs so still playable. All my thoughts for the fold really. Was just about to hit all-in.

Edit: Never said I put him on AA or that I made the right choice in folding either.
                                                                    Shoving and getting a fold = adding >20% to our stack
                                                                    Shoving and getting called = doubling up against a lot of his range, making it a +ev spot
                                                                    Folding = adding nothing to our stack and later having regrets
                                                                    Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

FYI, Everleaf are doing $1 rake cap on all $ ring games for November and December. Traffic is low but climbing for obvious reasons. Might be worth a punt when you consider how much money could be saved. Especially for those of you who play small stakes PLO.

Comment

nice to get it in 3-way with 99.7%!

Winamax, $0.25/$0.50 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 4 Players
                                                                        LeggoPoker.com - Hand History Converter

UTG: $74.75
                                                                        BTN: $55.81
                                                                        SB: $172.93
                                                                        BB: $48.75

Pre-Flop:
                                                                        Hero dealt: T J
                                                                        HERO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6) 8 7 9 (4 Players)
                                                                        SB bets $5, BB calls $5, Hero raises to $22.50, BTN raises to $54.31 and is All-In, SB raises to $86.31, BB folds, HERO calls $50.75 and is All-In

Turn: ($211.81) 3 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($211.81) K (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $211.81 Pot
                                                                        HERO showed T J and WON $209.31 (+$134.56 NET)
                                                                        BTN showed 5 6 and LOST (-$55.81 NET)
                                                                        SB showed 6 5 and WON $13.06 (-$61.44 NET)

Comment

UTG: $74.75
                                                                          BTN: $55.81
                                                                          SB: $172.93
                                                                          BB: $48.75

Pre-Flop:
                                                                          Hero dealt: T J
                                                                          HERO raises to $1.50, BTN calls $1.50, SB calls $1.25, BB calls $1

Flop: ($6) 8 7 9 (4 Players)
                                                                          SB bets $5, BB calls $5, Hero raises to $22.50, BTN raises to $54.31 and is All-In, SB raises to $86.31, BB folds, HERO calls $50.75 and is All-In

Turn: ($211.81) 3 (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

River: ($211.81) K (3 Players - 1 is All-In)

Results: $211.81 Pot
                                                                          HERO showed T J and WON $209.31 (+$134.56 NET)
                                                                          BTN showed 5 6 and LOST (-$55.81 NET)
                                                                          SB showed 6 5 and WON $13.06 (-$61.44 NET)
                                                                          So sexy
                                                                          "c'est en faisant n'importe quoi qu'on devient n'importe qui"

Comment

is there rb on winamax?

Comment

Nein.

Comment

Was expecting you to lose this pot. Such a let down when i realised you held up

Comment

+17 buy-ins in 2000 hands. I fear the downswing! Still €250/hr at 50nl is pretty good going

Comment

+17 buy-ins in 2000 hands. I fear the downswing! Still €250/hr at 50nl is pretty good going
                                                                                    Nice one.

Dont be thinking about the downswing!

Comment

I'm more impressed that you didn't post it in BBV as you are aware of the doomswitch repercussions VWP sir

Comment

Fairly standard spot here. Villian is 25/23 with a 3b of 10 over 150 hands. He has 3bet me 3 times already and Ive folded everytime. I think he is probably 3betting light but dont really have any evidence of it yet. I still think aj is too weak to be 4b/calling so I think calling pre is fairly standard. His bet sizing on the flop looks strong to me here but I felt my hand was too strong to jsut fold. Whats your line on the flop here? Do you call and call it off on any non spade turn?

iPoker - $0.50 NL - Holdem - 6 players
                                                                                        Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

UTG: $50.51
                                                                                        MP: $48.18
                                                                                        CO: $29.64
                                                                                        Hero (BTN): $64.34
                                                                                        SB: $67.95
                                                                                        BB: $50.00

SB posts SB $0.25, BB posts BB $0.50, CO posts DB $0.50

Pre Flop: ($1.25) Hero has A:club: J:heart:

fold, fold, CO checks, Hero raises to $2.00, SB raises to $7.50, fold, fold, Hero calls $5.50

Flop: ($16.00, 2 players) 7:spade: K:spade: A:spade:
                                                                                        SB bets $12.00, Hero calls $12.00

Turn: ($40.00, 2 players) Q:spade:
                                                                                        SB bets $22.00, fold

Comment

Looks OK. 100bb deep I'd often just 4b jam.

Comment

Looks OK. 100bb deep I'd often just 4b jam.
                                                                                            Are you calling it off on a blank turn?

Comment

I'd probably let it go tbh. If the turn is an off-suit Q then AK, AQ, KQ, AA, KK, TJ, flopped flushes all have you crushed. Even pair and spades have good equity against you. While people might have aggressive 3-betting tendencies they don't tend to get ridiculously out-of-line on this type of board without history, as he can't rely on you folding an Ace in a 3-bet pot and in fact trying to get people to do this is burning money. So he'd be unlikely to be bluffing and isn't valuebetting worse.

Comment

Defo betting flop in that K6 hand.
                                                                                                Foldaramus et foldarabimus

Comment

Originally posted by TommyGunne View Post
                                                                                                  Defo betting flop in that K6 hand.
                                                                                                  eh?

Comment

Heads up in a €10 tournament. €420 ftw €270 for 2nd. Opponent is extremely aggro pre-flop and is doubtless a competent tournament player. We're 13bb deep.

Just wondering if this is a b/c or a b/f as I'm not really very well up on shorthanded tourney play at all:

Tourney Hand NL Texas Hold'em - Saturday, November 12, 09:18:25 ET 2011
                                                                                                    Table (13732542)013 (Real Money)
                                                                                                    Seat 2 is the button
                                                                                                    Seat 2: Player2 ( $458227.00 USD )
                                                                                                    Seat 8: Hero ( $270773.00 USD )
                                                                                                    Player2 posts ante of [$2000.00 USD].
                                                                                                    Hero posts ante of [$2000.00 USD].
                                                                                                    Player2 posts small blind [$10000.00 USD].
                                                                                                    Hero posts big blind [$20000.00 USD].
                                                                                                    Dealt to Hero [ Ts 3c ]
                                                                                                    ** Dealing down cards **
                                                                                                    Player2 calls [$10000.00 USD]
                                                                                                    Hero checks
                                                                                                    ** Dealing Flop ** [ 2d, 8d, Td ]
                                                                                                    Hero bets [$30000.00 USD]
                                                                                                    Player2 raises [$436227.00 USD]

Comment

What info are you basing the fact he's competent on? Competent players won't be limping playing 13bbs effective unless it's a monster and even then only if you've shown yourself to be an aggro monkey oop.
                                                                                                      Pining for Wa'erford

Comment

Originally posted by sligboi View Post
                                                                                                        What info are you basing the fact he's competent on? Competent players won't be limping playing 13bbs effective unless it's a monster and even then only if you've shown yourself to be an aggro monkey oop.
                                                                                                        I forgot we were so short, that does make the limp dodgy, but I've shoved over his min opens 4/5 times HU in 20 hands or so, at stacks of up to 15-16bb so I think he's adjusting.
                                                                                                        He had played the final table well though, and was definitely aware of shoving/calling range and stack sizes and was raising to sensible amounts like 2.1-2.4 bb when deeper than 25bb.
                                                                                                        Last edited by Guest; 12-11-11, 22:02.

Comment

Check raise all in. As played I'd call his all in, you have top pair.

Comment

Was a bit confused as to the best line on the turn. Sizing is awkward as he has about 1.5x pot left. I assume pretty much every line is fine, just wondering what people think is the best one.

Holdem Manager 3 is a visual tool for analyzing your poker game and it provides a heads up display on the poker table to help identify information about your opponents.

NL Holdem $0.50(BB) Winamax Game#2071780469

angelcimba ($50.11)
                                                                                                            yayakerpo ($48.96)
                                                                                                            pongiste007 ($38.17)
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 ($25)
                                                                                                            Hero ($64.38)

angelcimba posts (SB) $0.25
                                                                                                            yayakerpo posts (BB) $0.50
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 posts (BB) $0.50

Dealt to argent svp Js Ts
                                                                                                            pongiste007 calls $0.50
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 checks
                                                                                                            Hero raises to $2.75
                                                                                                            fold, fold, fold,
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 calls $2.25
                                                                                                            FLOP ($6.75) 6d Ks Jd
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 checks
                                                                                                            Hero bets $4.50
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 calls $4.50
                                                                                                            TURN ($15.75) 6d Ks Jd 9s
                                                                                                            PierRoO-04 checks
                                                                                                            Last edited by Guest; 15-11-11, 18:18.

Comment

I check behind alot. You dont want to get shoved on.

Comment

Nothing wrong with checking behind there for pot control. Even if he has a flush draw, he's still probably not going to hit it. You can then comfortably bluff catch on the river, or value bet when checked to on dud river cards.

Betting for value from draws is ok but I'd say worse pairs make up a lot of his range and they will probably fold here, so I think a check is best.

Comment

Cool. I checked back. Ko river and he 2/3 pot...flip a coin I guess.

Comment

Bit of a joke that If you want to resign up to bluefirepoker you have to pay the signup fee again. I sent them an email asking them do I have to pay the signup fee again and they replied saying they would give me $100 off the yearly membership but they couldn't waive the signup fee. Should I just go for it anyway?

Comment

Back to back hands on same table

BTN: $93.50
                                                                                                                      SB: $47.92
                                                                                                                      BB: $21.90
                                                                                                                      UTG: $50

Pre-Flop:
                                                                                                                      UTG raises to $1.75, BTN folds, SB calls $1.50, BB folds

Flop: ($4) 4 Q K (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB checks, UTG bets $3, SB calls $3

Turn: ($10) T (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB checks, UTG bets $7.50, SB raises to $15, UTG calls $7.50

River: ($40) K (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB bets $17.50, UTG raises to $30.25 and is All-In, SB calls $10.67 and is All-In

Results: $96.34 Pot ($0.42 Rake)
                                                                                                                      SB showed T T and WON $93.84 (+$46.17 NET)
                                                                                                                      UTG showed 4 4 and WON $2.08 (-$45.84 NET)

SB: $47.75
                                                                                                                      BB: $48.42
                                                                                                                      UTG: $21.90
                                                                                                                      BTN: $54.79

Pre-Flop:
                                                                                                                      UTG folds, BTN raises to $1.25, SB calls $1, BB folds

Flop: ($3) K 6 2 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB checks, BTN bets $2.25, SB calls $2.25

Turn: ($7.50) 4 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB bets $3.80, BTN raises to $12.50, SB calls $8.70

River: ($32.50) 2 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB bets $13, BTN raises to $38.79 and is All-In, SB calls $18.75 and is All-In

Results: $96 Pot
                                                                                                                      SB showed 2 2 and WON $93.50 (+$46 NET)
                                                                                                                      BTN showed K K and WON $7.04 (-$40.71 NET)

Can't forget this one against a fish with a shamrock up his arse!

SB: $153.71
                                                                                                                      BB: $84.07
                                                                                                                      UTG: $51.50
                                                                                                                      BTN: $55.91

Pre-Flop:
                                                                                                                      BB raises to $1.50, 2 folds, SB calls $1

Flop: ($3) K 8 J (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB checks, BB bets $2.25, SB raises to $4.50, BB calls $2.25

Turn: ($12) 5 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB bets $12, BB calls $12

River: ($36) 8 (2 Players)
                                                                                                                      SB bets $36, BB calls $36

Results: $108 Pot ($2.50 Rake)
                                                                                                                      SB showed 8 T and WON $105.50 (+$52 NET)
                                                                                                                      BB showed A K and LOST (-$54 NET)

Comment

Hand from local donkament last night in club. Plenty of donkeys with a few decent/good players

300-600 level 50 ante. Average stack 20k

stacks: Hero in BB - 37k
                                                                                                                        villain in cut-off - 40k

History with villain - Decent player. TAG qualities. Got away with a bluff against me where he flatted two bets OOP against me on a JJ10 flop and donk shoved the blank river. I kinda knew he was full of shit but couldn't find the call button with Ace high to be shown KQ

rest of table : ~ 15 to 20k so me and villain cover table pretty easily

Donk limps Utg as does another in UTG +1. Very poor players (limp fold, fold on flop when they miss). Folded around to cut-off who makes it 2200, folded to me with 99. Action?

More to follow
                                                                                                                        Redbet at the Dublin Poker Invasion FTW

Comment

Call, let the 2 limpers in and try your best to flop a set.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                                                          X